range for call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

range for call

Sorry i still have not figured out how to insert images in my posts, this hand came up last night and i have a screen print attached:

Mtt, low stakes on FT,
    Blinds are 120/240 with an ante 25,
    I have AQ in the SB, UTG limps (8565), cut-off limps (4899), button limps (3418) and i then limp with AQ (15905) and BB shoves for (3243), utg folds , cut off flats leaving 1656 behind, button folds and its on me. (All of this will be alot clearer from attachment)

1) i limped here because i thought the bb would squeeze, he was so lag and had just lost a massive pot plus i dont like raising OOP in this spot (thoughts)

2) after limping here and having the cutoff flat i think i get it in here all the time as bb has massive range and i get 2/1 and all that (thoughts) but i was wondering what would be your range for a call in this spot with the strange flat from the cut off who actually just got moved to table a few hands before.
    Attached Files

Super easy shove for me.
    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

my range for a call is prob 88 +, A10s +

CO is not turning up with a hand that beats you here. most likely he is calling because he knows BB's range is very wide. once in a blue moon he is doing the same thing as you, ie limping to induce a push, but in those very rare occasions you stand to lose at most 1/3 of your stack. you're otherwise well ahead of their ranges, get it in there

Comment

Wtf at limping in the first place, super easy shove from SB with AQ and 1,000 in the pot.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
          Wtf at limping in the first place, super easy shove from SB with AQ and 1,000 in the pot.
          What about utg limp?

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
            What about utg limp?
            Blockers to AA and 30% vs KK. I actually thought our stack was smaller so I still raise when it gets to me not a shove tho.

Comment

Personally I think 20bb effective is too much to be calling it off with AQos with 2 players all in (more or less). The strange way the hand played out though I think I get it in but don't expect to win it very often, probably 30% which is what your getting odds wise.

If it went limp UTG, Raise by MP, flat by you in SB, BB shoves MP reshoves then I fold.

Comment

Blockers to AA and 30% vs KK. I actually thought our stack was smaller so I still raise when it gets to me not a shove tho.
                if i raise here i dont think bb ships (maybe he does and its fine), id maybe make it 5-6x out of the small blind, then get flated by utg maybe and definitly the co, not know where i am post, would you disagree?

Comment

Originally posted by Creasy View Post
                  if i raise here i dont think bb ships (maybe he does and its fine), id maybe make it 5-6x out of the small blind, then get flated by utg maybe and definitly the co, not know where i am post, would you disagree?
                  Yes I would disagree.

Comment

Yes I would disagree.
                    would everyone else agree i should be raising AQ in the SB here given my thought on how the action will go or just in general

Comment

no I think your rationale for not raising here is fine given BBs propensity to push and given UTGs limp

even if you take the BB out of the hand I think your dislike for not raising here is also fine because your OOP and UTG has limped. as a consequence though you might have to be willing to let go later on even if you hit your ace or queen 4 way, and you may end up folding the better hand as a result but so be it.

Comment

Working...
                      X