I.P.B Sports Betting Syndicate II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
    Any winner is worth more than any loser. important thing to reflect on!
    Yeah i agree, but while betting €20 a pop, i think we were better off trying something with a bit longer odds. If we were backing €40+ then if we all backed 4/5 we'd be onto a big winner

Comment

Thing is, finding a 16/1 shot that should be 3/1 is all well and good if you're a pro gambler, but with a syndicate, results speak louder than "value".

You're effectively going on the big spin, with a high probability of failure, so in order to balance any longshots, you're gonna need plenty of sure things too.

It pretty much goes against what a lot of Poker players talk about because there's very little/no chance that you'll get near "the long run". Each round is akin to everyone sitting in a seat and playing one hand at a poker table.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
        IMO, if we drop lower than a balance of €60 (€4 per man), we should just split it 5 ways and only put these 5 bets on (@ €12 e.g) until we get a bankroll of at least €5 per man. We could use random.org to choose 5 people or each person could still put up their selections, and between us we choose our favourite 5 selections.

It's going to be a disaster if we're putting on a ton of €3 bets each
        Like this idea a lot.

Comment

If it goes belly up and we have no further winners, why dont we just reload again? If some dont want to reload and want out, so be it. I'm pretty sure we could find replacements. But hopefully the syndicate would stick together for another shot at it.

Connie

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
            defo +1 think we should do a voting system on bets
            I'm not really sure a voting system works.

If we are betting on the Jamican 3rd division bobsled campionship, I really won't have a clue where the value is so a vote from me is meaningless. But no doubt others will just go with the best "value", and by value i'm refering to biggest price which is apparently what people are using to judge it.

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
              If it goes belly up and we have no further winners, why dont we just reload again? If some dont want to reload and want out, so be it. I'm pretty sure we could find replacements. But hopefully the syndicate would stick together for another shot at it.

Connie
              Mentioned earlier in the thread, if we go bust we should get someone else to open up a new account so that we get another €200 bonus instead of reloading into this one.

For now the problem isn't going broke. It's what to do when we have €60 to go between 15 people. What are you better off putting the €4 on? An evens or a 9/1 shot

Comment

R.Nadal to win wimbledon @ 11/4
                M. Sharpova to win Wimbledon @ 13/8

€18 double.

Comment

Mentioned earlier in the thread, if we go bust we should get someone else to open up a new account so that we get another €200 bonus instead of reloading into this one.

For now the problem isn't going broke. It's what to do when we have €60 to go between 15 people. What are you better off putting the €4 on? An evens or a 9/1 shot
                  I think if we go down to €60 or lower we should just have people put up a bet each and whichever two get the most thanks gets put on at €30 each. No use skimping when you get that low, its just no fun.
                  'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                    I think if we go down to €60 or lower we should just have people put up a bet each and whichever two get the most thanks gets put on at €30 each. No use skimping when you get that low, its just no fun.
                    Yep that's what i suggested, only using 3-5 people instead of 2. I'm easy either way until we get back to at least €8 a man

Comment

3 €20 bets imo.

No need to worry though. Nadal and Sharpova gonna pull us through!

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post

€18 double.
                        ***BET PLACED***

Got 5/4 on Sharapova.

1 Rafael Nadal @ 11/4
                        2 Maria Sharapova @ 5/4
                        Multiple Bets
                        1 x 18.28 Doubles
                        Stake: 18.28
                        Potential Winnings: 135.96
                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Round 2 bet

UFC 132 - Saturday 2nd July
                          5 match accum
                          Dominick Cruz v Urijah Faber
                          Tito Ortiz v Ryan Bader
                          Carlos Condit v Dong-Hyun Kim
                          Dennis Siver v Matt Wiman
                          Melvin Guillard v Shane Roller

Stake €10.00

6 match accum
                          Tito Ortiz v Ryan Bader
                          Wanderlei Silva v Chris Leben

Stake €8.28

Sick sick match up.
                          Faber, the WEC poster boy, and former 145 champ. 25-4 record, his 3 losses came losing and twice trying to reclaim the 145 belt, after which he dropped to 135.
                          Cruz, undefeated at batumweight, record 17-Faber. This is the rematch.

I have to go with Cruz for this. 135 is his house, he is a lot more experience than the boy who lost in 2007. A rematch with Faber has always been on his mind. Faber has had Brown, Aldo and weight class moves to think about. He prob forgot about Cruz until Cruz took the belt.

Tito Ortiz v Ryan Bader
                          Tito is a joke at this stage. Bader is coming off a loss to Jones. Who made him look bad, there is no shame in that. Tito is gettign manhandled here. If there was a market on will Tito get cut/retire I'd be lumping on that.

My risky bet in the 6 man accum. Both are heavy hitters, both have a habit of just pressing on the pace until somebody drops. Very excited to see this. Silva is historically a far better fighter. But is he past it after 45 fights? I hope not

Kim is a good fighter, 14-0 (technically, he lost to Pariasian, but was rules a NC due to painkillers). But he doesn't finish guys. He goes the distance most of the time. conduit doesn't, wins by sub a lot, and lately has shown crisp strikes and knock-out power.
                          See spoiler
                          SPOILER

siver should kick his way to a win here. He may be a german shot arse but he packs serious power. Expect to see some spinning back kicks here.
                          SPOILER

Guilard the UFC vetern will be too much for the WEC transfer. This fight is on the undercard and it could easily be a main card fight on any other event.

No betting availible for one of my favourites, the aussie, George Sotiropoulos .
                          Expecting a win by submission here.

tl;dr
                          UFC 132 on saturday will be epic

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                            UFC 132 - Saturday 2nd July
                            5 match accum
                            Tito Ortiz v Ryan Bader

Stake €10.00

6 match accum
                            Tito Ortiz v Ryan Bader

Stake €8.28
                            ***BET PLACED***
                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

...Hey Everyone...Apologies about the lack of Activity...In Vegas atm and just got internet into the hotel room now...I'm very close to having a bet, it'll most likely be a double in the boxing...Hope I havent delayed the syndicate too much...
                              ...Cheers...
                              ...Liam...

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post

€18 double.
                                Not even a sweat on Nadal!

Comment

No joy in Mellor's UFC bet

I know Tito and Leben won so that's enough to bust the accums

Comment

1. AndyFatBastard - €18.28 - Lost
                                    2. The Hurricane - €18.28 - lost
                                    3. Luckforsome - €38.28 - lost 20 - 18.28 left
                                    4. Eagle Eye - €38.28 - lost
                                    5. Shano_88 - €38.28 - lost
                                    6. Flushdraw - €18.28 - lost
                                    7. Connie147 - €18.28 - lost
                                    8. Donk Magnet - €18.28 - lost
                                    9. Keane - €38.28 - €20 lost - €18.28 left
                                    10. Mellor - €18.28 - lost
                                    11. Bubbleking - €18.28 - lost
                                    12. NuckChorris - €18.28 - lost
                                    13. SuperGoonars - €18.28 - lost
                                    14. InsanoDude - €18.28 - lost
                                    15. healwayscallsmedonkey - €18.28 - lost

Unplaced bets:

LuckForSome - €18.28
                                    Keane - €18.28

Account balance: €58.77

Right, Round 2 is officially over. Some people made some bad decisions but this round was mostly bad because of runbad. London won their first game in years FFS. Two upsets in the tennis finals + massive fav in the horses losing = a bad round for us.

I say for Round 3 we let the person who had the biggest winning bet* so far take a one-time shot with the remainder (€22.21 btw). LFS and Keane can take their shots whenever they like or carry them forward to Round 4.

In the meantime, Hurricane opens a new account and we all ship him another €20. If anyone wants out they can drop out. I'll ship whatever money's left from R3 to Richie when the round is done. From Round 4 onwards, only half the stake will be in play in any round, making it impossible for the syndicate to go busto due to 3 bad results. All in favour?

*This was Mellor with a €10 accum putting the rest of us to shame.

Comment

Im all for that.
                                      Hurricane, just let us know the details, and off we go again.

Comment

When did i sign up for this

Comment

No joy in Mellor's UFC bet

I know Tito and Leben won so that's enough to bust the accums
                                          Yeah, I've another reason to hate tito now.
                                          His upset win cost us in the first bet

Leben's KO was the only other loser, but it was a good KO and Lebens a good lad so no bad words there

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                                          When did i sign up for this
                                          Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                          Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                                          If everyone puts another 20 in and let's me make all the wagers, we will have many profits and a free Christmas for all
                                          I think Hurricane just volunteered to open a new account and manage all the deposits and bets from here on in. Thanks Richie.
                                          Last edited by Mellor; 04-07-11, 00:01.

Comment

...I'm Looking to place my bet if possible...
                                            ...It's a Soccer Double...
                                            ...Its Brazil to win the Copa America, and Germany to win the womens world cup...
                                            ...Lemme know if its alright to do a bet thats kinda long term...
                                            ...Also, I'd like to continue in this, but wont be able to ship any money until I get home from vegas in 2 weeks...Hope thats ok...
                                            ...Cheers...
                                            ...Liam...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                              ...I'm Looking to place my bet if possible...
                                              ...It's a Soccer Double...
                                              ...Its Brazil to win the Copa America, and Germany to win the womens world cup...
                                              ...Lemme know if its alright to do a bet thats kinda long term...
                                              ...Also, I'd like to continue in this, but wont be able to ship any money until I get home from vegas in 2 weeks...Hope thats ok...
                                              ...Cheers...
                                              ...Liam...
                                              I can't find a market for the outright winner of the women's world cup. Is it there one Bet365?

Comment

I can't find a market for the outright winner of the women's world cup. Is it there one Bet365?
                                                Did my bet get placed with the changeover yesterday Andy?

I posted it in here but it's disappeared...

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                  Did my bet get placed with the changeover yesterday Andy?

I posted it in here but it's disappeared...
                                                  No. Repost it and I'll put it on now.

Comment

Armagh
                                                    Kildare
                                                    Tyrone
                                                    Meath
                                                    Dublin
                                                    Mayo
                                                    Down
                                                    Tipperary (Hurling)

8-fold accumulator.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                      Armagh
                                                      Kildare
                                                      Tyrone
                                                      Meath
                                                      Dublin
                                                      Mayo
                                                      Down
                                                      Tipperary (Hurling)

8-fold accumulator.
                                                      ***BET PLACED***

1 Armagh @ 1/8
                                                      2 Kildare @ 5/11
                                                      3 Tyrone @ 2/7
                                                      4 Meath @ 8/15
                                                      5 Down @ 1/20
                                                      6 Dublin @ 2/11
                                                      7 Mayo @ 8/11
                                                      8 Tipperary @ 1/4
                                                      Multiple Bets
                                                      1 x 18.18 8 Folds
                                                      Stake: 18.18
                                                      Potential Winnings: 138.95

Comment

...It was there, i think its there when the matches are not being played..I couldnt tell you the exact time though sadly, I've very little access to it...
                                                        they were odds on afaik, but its great value...
                                                        ...cheers...
                                                        ...Liam...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                          ...It was there, i think its there when the matches are not being played..I couldnt tell you the exact time though sadly, I've very little access to it...
                                                          they were odds on afaik, but its great value...
                                                          ...cheers...
                                                          ...Liam...
                                                          Got it.

1 Germany Women @ 10/11
                                                          2 Brazil @ 12/5
                                                          Multiple Bets
                                                          1 x 18.28 Doubles
                                                          Potential Winnings: 100.37

***BET PLACED***

Comment

I say for Round 3 we let the person who had the biggest winning bet* so far take a one-time shot with the remainder (€22.21 btw).

*This was Mellor with a €10 accum putting the rest of us to shame.
                                                            Are people happy with this line?

Comment

Are people happy with this line?
                                                              yep. fire away.

Comment

work away

Comment

I take it Hurricane really doesn't want to take over the money then? Any volunteers to at least create the new account?

Comment

I take it Hurricane really doesn't want to take over the money then? Any volunteers to at least create the new account?
                                                                    i cant help already have a bet365 acc . could get the gf to set one up and u keep control of it if u want andy

Comment

Don't play online much to accept all the money on sites, but suppose I'll be def playing the IPO so could accept on Boyle only if that could suit all the syndicate members. Would be next week before I'd be set up for it but if no one else volunteers at least I'm an option.

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                                                                        i cant help already have a bet365 acc . could get the gf to set one up and u keep control of it if u want andy
                                                                        Actually I could do this... I'll check with her if it's ok first obv.

Comment

Got it.

1 Germany Women @ 10/11
                                                                          2 Brazil @ 12/5
                                                                          Multiple Bets
                                                                          1 x 18.28 Doubles
                                                                          Potential Winnings: 100.37

***BET PLACED***
                                                                          Germany are out, lost to Japan in the QF. LOL wimmins football.

Not sure about Keane's bet.

Comment

Germany are out, lost to Japan in the QF. LOL wimmins football.

Not sure about Keane's bet.
                                                                            This one is it?

1 Armagh @ 1/8
                                                                            2 Kildare @ 5/11
                                                                            3 Tyrone @ 2/7
                                                                            4 Meath @ 8/15
                                                                            5 Down @ 1/20
                                                                            6 Dublin @ 2/11
                                                                            7 Mayo @ 8/11
                                                                            8 Tipperary @ 1/4
                                                                            Multiple Bets
                                                                            1 x 18.18 8 Folds
                                                                            Stake: 18.18
                                                                            Potential Winnings: 138.95
                                                                            Armagh drew with Wicklow so i think that screws us

Comment

How much is left? and what are we doing with it?

Comment

We've €22.21 left.

We are putting it on a single bet to get out of the hole and start the spin up.
                                                                                I've been chosen to make the pick as I had the best profit. Or rather the smallest loss.

I've decided to go with the Copa America

Bear Grills-esque survival bet

Copa America
                                                                                Chile v Peru 8/13
                                                                                Uruguay v Mexico 4/9
                                                                                Paraguay v Venezuela 4/7
                                                                                Brazil v Ecuador 1/4

Should just return over €100

Comment

I'll drink my own piss to lock this bet in.

Comment

Not that it matters but that bet seems just awful to me. You are backing against two teams who are unbeaten so far in the Copa America. Not only that but the other two teams you are backing haven't won a game yet.
                                                                                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Not that it matters but that bet seems just awful to me. You are backing against two teams who are unbeaten so far in the Copa America. Not only that but the other two teams you are backing haven't won a game yet.
                                                                                      Chile v Peru - Both are unbeaten with 1Win and 1 Draw, so your point doesn't mean much really. I did consider a draw here for a bit.
                                                                                      Uruguay v Mexico - Uraguay have two draws against both Chile and Peru. Which isn't a bad result in either considering the above. Mexico have no points so far.
                                                                                      Paraguay v Venezuela - Again both unbeaten, Paraguay have 2 draws, Venezula have a draw and a win again equador (the worst team in the group imo)
                                                                                      Brazil v Ecuador - Brazil have two draws and equador have 1 loss and a draw/ Brazil need the win to go through, and I am confidant they turn up here.

So while your comment above is not untrue, its pretty misleading.
                                                                                      It could also be described as betting on 2 unbeaten teams and the other two teams I am betting against have only 1 point between them. Quite a different picture to the one you painted above. Yet just as accurate.

I've no problem with you or anyone commenting on the bet. But if you are going to do so, at least give the full story. Posting something deliberately misleading is pointless.

Most importantly, the whole lot is based on a sample of 2 games per team. Hardly significant.
                                                                                      Last edited by Mellor; 13-07-11, 01:07.

Comment

Good luck with it.

Comment

Chile v Peru - Both are unbeaten with 1Win and 1 Draw, so your point doesn't mean much really. I did consider a draw here for a bit.
                                                                                          Uruguay v Mexico - Uraguay have two draws against both Chile and Peru. Which isn't a bad result in either considering the above. Mexico have no points so far.
                                                                                          Paraguay v Venezuela - Again both unbeaten, Paraguay have 2 draws, Venezula have a draw and a win again equador (the worst team in the group imo)
                                                                                          Brazil v Ecuador - Brazil have two draws and equador have 1 win and a draw/ Brazil need the win to go through, and I am confidant they turn up here.

So while your comment above is not untrue, its pretty misleading.
                                                                                          It could also be described as betting on 2 unbeaten teams and the other two teams I am betting against have only 1 point between them. Quite a different picture to the one you painted above. Yet just as accurate.

I've no problem with you or anyone commenting on the bet. But if you are going to do so, at least give the full story. Posting something deliberately misleading is pointless.

Most importantly, the whole lot is based on a sample of 2 games per team. Hardly significant.
                                                                                          As I said it doesn't matter much but you are on a four team accum. each with three possible results and based on the 8 game sample its highly unlikely to come up. Only reason I'm pointing this out is for when we reload.

Retarded bets like this one have to be avoided at all costs. And just to clarify, even if it comes up its still a ridic bet.

Comment

Regardless whether some bets are +EV or not and lets admit most are not its the structure of some of the bets that it letting down the syndicate. Yankee with odds on shots and doubles from 3 selections as well as betting on tennis because the bettor thinks their selection should win with no thought as to the odds offered. Also why have their been times when one event has had an effect on more than half the accumulators? Thats always going to end bad in the medium term.

It seems people want to put on 10/1 accumulators so if they bink they get congratulated knowing they are more than likely going to lose any profit they made in the next two rounds.

Someone that is more knowagable that the average punter should do a write up and explain that its the ROI that is important more so than trying to squeeze out a 10/1 bet when the only bet you are sure of being +EV in the accumulator is an even money bet. You should only bet the even money shot in this case.

It would be good to have a syndicate where you can only bet singles and you have to do a write up to explain why you are choosing that bet and why you think its value at the odds offered.

Comment

We've €22.21 left.

We are putting it on a single bet to get out of the hole and start the spin up.
                                                                                              I've been chosen to make the pick as I had the best profit. Or rather the smallest loss.

I've decided to go with the Copa America

Bear Grills-esque survival bet

Copa America
                                                                                              Chile v Peru 8/13
                                                                                              Uruguay v Mexico 4/9
                                                                                              Paraguay v Venezuela 4/7
                                                                                              Brazil v Ecuador 1/4

Should just return over €100
                                                                                              Sorry I've missed the kickoff of Chile v Peru. I'll see if I can get an in-play price.

Comment

No inplay betting so it's a treble I'm afraid. Sorry Mellor I was a mess this morning and didn't put it on then. Bet placed anyway.

Comment

As I said it doesn't matter much but you are on a four team accum. each with three possible results and based on the 8 game sample its highly unlikely to come up. Only reason I'm pointing this out is for when we reload.

Retarded bets like this one have to be avoided at all costs. And just to clarify, even if it comes up its still a ridic bet.
                                                                                                  Just because a bet is 1/3 and likely to be a winner doesn't means its a good bet.
                                                                                                  Just because an accum is 10/1 is will more than likely not come up doesn't make it a bad bet.
                                                                                                  Weather it's likely or not to come up has zero effect on the value. Do you understand that?

The fact that there 3 options isn't an issue. I'm fully aware that its more likely to miss than hit, that's a given. But based on the odds of each match, and how I feel they'll play, I think each team I picked is +EV. I wouldn't have made the choice if I didn't
                                                                                                  .
                                                                                                  Like CheckRaise said there is no point betting without considering the odds. I rarely do football accums as I think the likes of the EPL are too tightly priced. I picked this one because I think each match is +EV.
                                                                                                  Didn't you put all your stake on one pretty similar accum, in Super 15?
                                                                                                  There is nothing wrong with that, as long as each option is +EV.

It's fine if you disagree with the bet, but explain why? As it stands you haven't done so.
                                                                                                  The unbeaten/no win comment above is pretty retarded.
                                                                                                  Going on W/D/L stats (which isn't even that sensible) 2 picks are ahead, 1 is even and one is behind.

Comment

And Eagle Eye, I fully agree that people have to start being smarter with their bets. I jsut don't feel the likes of the bet above are the issue.

No inplay betting so it's a treble I'm afraid. Sorry Mellor I was a mess this morning and didn't put it on then. Bet placed anyway.
                                                                                                    No worries.
                                                                                                    For the sake of it they won 1-0

Comment

It's fine if you disagree with the bet, but explain why? As it stands you haven't done so.
                                                                                                      Chile vs Peru: These two nations hate each other. They were both through to the next round of the copa already. Players were going to be rested. As it turned out Peru got reduced to ten men and Chile managed to nab an injury time winner. 8/13 was not a good price.

Uruguay vs Mexico Cavani was out for the game, they had been stuggling to score. Mexico are poor. Prob the best bet of the four games tbf. As if turned out Uruguay were all over Mexico but failed to convert all but one of their chances while Mexico had one disallowed. No complaints about the price though as a win here always looked on the cards tbf.

Paraguay vs Venezuela Paraguay have looked ok but Venezuela are a good side. They have played well in the tournament and are well known for holding top teams. You have players like da Silva, Veron, Vera and Santa Cruz who will suffer from so many games in a short space of time. I think a draw is on the cards here. Venezuela just need a point to top be certain of topping the group. They are well versed and good at shutting up shop. I'd want to be getting 6/4 here at the very worst. 4/7 is an awful price imo.

Brazil vs Ecuador Brazil have been a major disappointment in this tournament. They really have suffered in midfield and they have found it difficult to break down teams in a lot of their recent games not just at this Copa America. No doubt they have talent but they just seem to be missing the link man. Ecuador are the draw specialists. In their last 11 games they have 1 win 2 losses and 8 draws. The last time they met Brazil was in the WC qualifiers where they drew with them at home and thats not part of their last 11 games btw. At 1/4 I don't like it. I do think they will win it but I'm not hugely confident. I can understand why they are that price(its because they are Brazil) but I don't think this team is even close to what we normally expect the standard of Brazilian football to be.

Comment

Didn't you put all your stake on one pretty similar accum, in Super 15?
                                                                                                        There is nothing wrong with that, as long as each option is +EV.
                                                                                                        I put up a post that got deleted when that split of the forum occurred. I did do an accum. I really did put on a multiple because I thought we were all doing them. Anyways I had one dinger for the weekend which was a handicap bet on the Sharks to win their game and they duly obliged and I backed that on my own as a single bet. I didn't back either of the other selections that weekend for myself because I do mainly single bets and I look for value in prices or else I just lump on if something looks really good to me at short odds.

Now I understand when you are doing MMA that the prices can be really short and that outcomes are a lot more certain in a lot of instances.

I realise now that my comments might come across as having a go at you and I wasn't doing that tbh or I didn't mean to. I'm just trying to put it out there that we should do this when we reload. People have to think about things a bit more than was done on our first attempt.

I think we should have a chat about things before we start betting again. I think a proposed bet should have to get thanked by a couple of the members before its placed. I think people should put up their reasons why they think something is a worthwhile bet. I think everybody should pick what they think are their 10 best sports, rank them in order and then not bet outside those and bet less the further down that list they go. I'm open to having a chat online with anybody whenever I'm available about a bet I might want to make or that somebody else wants to make. Myself and Connie had a chat about a few bets a couple of weeks ago and we came to a pretty good conclusion after it.

I know at the end of the day its only a bit of fun but we should still take it very seriously imo.

Comment

Peru were guaranteed to go through on 5 pts, Chilli were on 4 and could of been caught by Uruguay (via GD), which is one reason I felt they were going to press it more.
                                                                                                          I think para and brazil should paly well under pressure.

The important thing is we have a sweat to tomorrow.
                                                                                                          Now I understand when you are doing MMA that the prices can be really short and that outcomes are a lot more certain in a lot of instances.
                                                                                                          Yeah, MMA is often very short. But a lot of the time its priced very badly. Obviously any fight can end in one punch, so upsets do happen. But as its stands, its by far my biggest winning market.

I think we should have a chat about things before we start betting again. I think a proposed bet should have to get thanked by a couple of the members before its placed. I think people should put up their reasons why they think something is a worthwhile bet. I think everybody should pick what they think are their 10 best sports, rank them in order and then not bet outside those and bet less the further down that list they go. I'm open to having a chat online with anybody whenever I'm available about a bet I might want to make or that somebody else wants to make. Myself and Connie had a chat about a few bets a couple of weeks ago and we came to a pretty good conclusion after it.
                                                                                                          I think the 10 sports is a great idea.
                                                                                                          Chatting about bets, either on thread or via pm or MSN is also a good idea. Only good can come from it

Comment

Unless there's a stipulation where people have to discuss bets to some extent before the money is put on I won't be reloading in this syndicate fwiw.

Comment

@ EE, Chile also had an man sent off. Talk about post performance/result based thinking, they were definitely value before the game giving line ups.

@Mellor. Chile and Peru were both on four points and both already through. How could a team ever get to 5pts after two games.

FWIW as accums go, I like it.
                                                                                                              Last edited by The Situation; 13-07-11, 12:55.
                                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Im not sure if I agree that members have to put their bets up here for the approval of others, but maybe I am misunderstanding whats being said.

Having said that, I'm fuly committed to this syndicate and it going forward. I 100% agree with the above poster who said that when a bet is being put up, the poster has to give reasoned explanation as to why he chose that bet. I dont think its too much to expect for a member to explain why he is chosing the bet he is placing.

Being involved in a syndicate like this should (in theory anyway) make us all better sports betters!

Connie

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                  @ EE, Chile also had an man sent off. Talk about post performance/result based thinking, they were definitely value before the game giving line ups.
                                                                                                                  Lol just went and checked that now. Had no idea Beausejour was sent off. If you read the BBV last night you would have known that I backed the under 2.5 and expected things to be level at halftime. I was expecting a tight game so thats hardly results based thinking. As it turns out I backed Chile after the sending off(not knowing about Beausejour), would never have backed them without that happening and without the introduction of Alexis Sanchez.

Comment

Actually I could do this... I'll check with her if it's ok first obv.
                                                                                                                    Sorry folks, GF has said no to this. We're going to need a volunteer.

Comment

Sorry folks, GF has said no to this. We're going to need a volunteer.
                                                                                                                      ill do it if u want andy no problem

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                        @Mellor. Chile and Peru were both on four points and both already through. How could a team ever get to 5pts after two games.
                                                                                                                        5 pts was a mistake, was getting my teams mixed up.

I meant to say Peru were top and Uruguay could of made it to 5pts.
                                                                                                                        I don't know what everyone keeps saying they were both already through? They had 4 pts, Uruguay had 2. Neither was safe.
                                                                                                                        The fact that Peru didn't go through kinda highlights this.

Originally posted by Live updates
                                                                                                                        Paraguay 2 - 1 Venezuela

70' Venezuela are now second to every ball and look likely to concede another before the night is out.

82' Paraguay still the stronger side, Venezuela hanging in there but have lost much of their early impetus. Rondon's threat has been nullified.

5 yellows given out in 10mins
                                                                                                                        HOLD PLEASE

Comment

Peru are through.

The best 3rd place team from 2/3 of the groups also qualify. A bit silly I know. So as the 3rd place team in group A finished on 3pts meant Peru and Chile had already qualified on 4pts before yesterdays game.
                                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X