Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drifted out to 9/2 and won handy. Ship it!
    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
      Unlucky Pat. Sick result. Was actually ahead ten yards from the line but looked tricky ride all the way. Whats worse is I got word for the winner as well at lunch but went with this one. Some decent money for the winner, 10s this morning.
      Got decent word for this horse duchess of marmalade earlier today.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

this day last year:

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        Leops winners:

R1: Vercingtorix max bet and hopefully makes the 20/1 I took about him for the Triumph look good
        R2: no idea. Who's That e\w for the craic
        R3: was all set to back Identity Thief but the betting vibes are not positive. Will see on course .
        R4: Le Vent D'Antan e/w. Have always liked this horse.
        R5: Rightdownthemiddle e/w
        R6: Not enthused about any of them. Home Farm e\w on the better ground.
        R7: go to bar\leave
        R8: depends how Identity Thief runs - if well, then Archive against the jolly

won at 20/1

this year, looked to be coming to hand last time so had a nibble in the same race

Bet receiptStatus: Won 2016-02-06 10:03Bet Receipt: J6J2-2WES-S56D-JE3G
        # Selection Event Event date Odds Result
        1 Who's That
        Each Way: 1/5, 1-3 (Race Winner) 13:25 Leopardstown 2016-02-06 13:35 15.00 Won
        yaaaaarrrrrr
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Very nice!.
          The Hennessey should be a cracker. Im still calling it Hennessey because Irish gold cup sounds like a hunters chase.
          I think Zabana could be the next big thing!, ive backed him anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
            Very nice!.
            The Hennessey should be a cracker. Im still calling it Hennessey because Irish gold cup sounds like a hunters chase.
            I think Zabana could be the next big thing!, ive backed him anyway.
            Mullins horses are the story of the day today i.e. not knowing which is best and the favs getting stuffed by unfancied stablemates.

One is ok, two looks odd.

Comment

Mullins horses are the story of the day today i.e. not knowing which is best and the favs getting stuffed by unfancied stablemates.

Got that one right anyway!

Comment

We'll try and keep the 'won on this day last year' vibe going with Invicta Lake

Comment

What a lump of shit Zabana was. Ruby will probably win with Valseur Lido!. Id believe anything today.

Comment

Outlander for the Rsa. With Ruby probably up.
                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                      much and all as I hate doing it and saying it but Foxrock is a proper bet for the Gold Cup.
                      If his shoes don't fall off

Comment

much and all as I hate doing it and saying it but Foxrock is a proper bet for the Gold Cup.
                        Agreed,backed him earlier.
                        Willie firing in winners at decent prices today

Comment

Ar Mads form got a decent boost there with Bristol de Mai

Comment

We'll try and keep the 'won on this day last year' vibe going with Invicta Lake
                            Fuck me.

Stick with the vibe Raoul, stick with the fucking vibe.

Comment

Bollox
                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Cheltenham 2016

In latter years it has been difficult to find an ante post angle as books tend to be over protective of WPM horses and the giggi horse can be run to death before the festival arrives but that said sometimes you can find a gem and it so happens that I think I have found a gem of an ante post bet for this years festival. The race is the Champion Chase and here are my thoughts.

Un De Sceaux is a worthy favourite, not doubting his ability even allowing for a small question mark of the odd jumping error which may usurp him but that isn't my angle on the punt at all. For all that UDS is an exceptional talent he is that on Sft/Heavy ground and to date has avoided any true test on better going with the exception of last years Arkle.

Now in last years arkle I am strongly of the view that he was ill at ease on the good to soft ground but as he was a class apart in restricted novice company he got away with it and got the job done but beating Gods Own by 6l is just as I described - he got away with it. On Heavy he would have beaten him 20l+.

The Arkle is run on Tuesday which is typically the worst/softest of the ground with it drying out further on the Wednesday when the Champion Chase will be run. Normal caveats of unpredictable weather apply. So essentially what I am saying is that the horse will be asked to race on ground we know doesn't suit him, against sterner opposition and you have the added pressure of it being the biggest jumping test he will have faced thus far.

The bet for me is Sprinter Sacre at 1/4 Odds, 5/1 Each Way with any firm that is allowing NRNB to your entire stake and that makes it PP and BetBright only (check this - Boyle refund max 150 for eg). SS was arguably the best we had ever seen before he had health issues. He was at sea last season but this year he has shown plenty of sparkle when winning at Cheltenham and more importantly grit when winning in Kempton around a track which would be less than ideal for him. He has the bonus of going there fresh, he will enjoy the better ground and he will enjoy UDS leading them a merry dance and setting a true test. I am not suggesting that SS is back to his absolute best but I am suggesting that he has shown all the right signs of getting there. There is also the thought that is he was within 7 - 10lbs of his best that still might be good enough.

What makes the bet so appealing for me is the place element as I think it lacks depth. Dodging Bullets hasn't been sighted since last year and despite the positive public vibes recently what I am hearing in private is less encouraging. There is also the thought that DB at his best wouldn't live with SS anyway. Sire De Grugy has come out on the wrong side of an encounter with SS when SDG had plenty more in his favour than SS did so all things being equal it will need to be a surprise to see SDG turn it around. Vautour can be ignored from the lists as he wont be in this race. Special Tiara has come up short and prefers a different track and Felix Yonger will be exposed in this. The only outsider I can see getting in the mix if Traffic Fluide and I have had a saver at 14/1 on him as he is the improving horse and if what I hear is true is certainly the no.1 stable hope for the race.

So in short UDS is far too short helped by a fair shot of WPM bias, he will not act n the ground, and it will be the biggest test of his jumping to date. SS looks like being on the up again, will enjoy the ground and enjoy the test that UDS will set him. DB, SDG, ST, FY et al are not up to it and Traffic Fluide is the one to have the saver bet on.

Get on 5/1 at 1/4 odds EW, you are hoovering up value in both the win and place market. Get a saver on Traffic Fluide as he is the unknown improver. I've been loading up the past while and by comparison to any bet that I have had in my life I've about as much exposure on this as I've ever had on any horse. Roll on Cheltenham and keep the fingers crossed for a dry and sunny March.
                                Thank you sir.You have just sold that to me.You have told me more in your post, than a half a dozen racing papers ever could.My modest stake shall be invested upon SS tomorrow morning. Thank you for sharing your undoubted knowledge,and may Cheltenham be your best ever. God bless.

Comment

After seeing Sametegal done horribly today at Musselburgh for a nice double i dont feel as bad after watching this

It cost former pro punter Dave Nevison and current RUK contributor about 200,000 GBP in the last leg of the super7 in 2009

Horse Racing - 15-01-2009 Topless smashed at 1.01 for £48.890,62 Mid-division, ridden and headway after 12th, led 3 out, drifted badly left from last then ji...

Comment

Sad to see the horse that ran them ragged from the front at Leopardstown yesterday broke his leg crossing the winning line & had to be put down...

Comment

Back all the Jim Dreaper runners in Limerick on Wednesday...Horses meant to be flying at the mo according to someone that's connected to the yard. Sizing horse defo meant to win and another in a handicap is meant to go well at a double figure price
                                      Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Also Elliott to win with 2 runners in Musselburgh tomorrow...very restrictive odds though
                                        Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Today, I pulled off one of the biggest coups ever in Irish Racing. Unreal. Wait for the front pages.
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Seriously?
                                            What sort of detail will come out from this?

Comment

Plenty of detail will follow, also, it's not a betting coup. Thought I'd clarify that as I suspect that's where peoples minds were racing to.

The only one pulling off a betting coup today is Barney Curley.
                                              I was thinking. butcher - horsemeat - Aldi, route

Comment

Plenty of detail will follow, also, it's not a betting coup. Thought I'd clarify that as I suspect that's where peoples minds were racing to.

The only one pulling off a betting coup today is Barney Curley.
                                                TBH, that's exactly where my mind was racing to. Barney Curly, was that the one where they blocked the phoneline to the track and had people in shops all over the country.

What other type in racing coup is there?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                  TBH, that's exactly where my mind was racing to. Barney Curly, was that the one where they blocked the phoneline to the track and had people in shops all over the country.

What other type in racing coup is there?
                                                  Most coups in racing aren't betting ones.

The story of Mick O'Toole and the 20k breakfast always makes me laugh.

Comment

Been looking at the betfair hurdle market. Ivan Grozny is interesting at 50/1 with PP. Had is first run after 636 days off the track in the coral hurdle last month, watch the replay, he ran a cracker only for Danny Mullins to ease him down completely turning for home. Obviously its risky backing at moment as he mightn't be sent there but quotes suggest he will run.

Ricci's Dicosimo won very handy at limerick lto on heavy ground as well and is on my radar but is quite a bit shorter in the betting.

Comment

Most coups in racing aren't betting ones.

The story of Mick O'Toole and the 20k breakfast always makes me laugh.
                                                      Go on. Haven't heard it before.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                        I can still remember the collective groan when annie power smashed into that hurdle last year.
                                                        that was a probably my biggest loss ever.
                                                        So much going onto that, actually, what was the other one where the horse fell after clearing the last with timezones to second?
                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                          that was a probably my biggest loss ever.
                                                          So much going onto that, actually, what was the other one where the horse fell after clearing the last with timezones to second?
                                                          Was it the hunter chase where the young female jockey was thrown off when horse jinked???

Comment

Was it the hunter chase where the young female jockey was thrown off when horse jinked???
                                                            Jane Mangan, think most people were on Salsify (?) who got the free win from it.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                              Jane Mangan, think most people were on Salsify (?) who got the free win from it.
                                                              Oscar delta iirc

Comment

Enough yapping , I got money burning a hole in me account. Giz a tip for today

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                  Enough yapping , I got money burning a hole in me account. Giz a tip for today
                                                                  What time is the golf starting in US. Your tip still 200/1? nm today is only wed / sigh

Huge gamble on Seven Summits (2/1) in Kemp 5.25 this evening. Pretty sure its the Barney Curley gamble GAB was on about above. Should be noted though that same trainer had a huge gamble some time back on a few horses and they were muck. Value gone at this stage but if you're looking for a 2/1 shot you could do worse.
                                                                  Last edited by careca; 10-02-16, 15:13.

Comment

What time is the golf starting in US. Your tip still 200/1? nm today is only wed / sigh

Huge gamble on Seven Summits (2/1) in Kemp 5.25 this evening. Pretty sure its the Barney Curley gamble GAB was on about above. Should be noted though that same trainer had a huge gamble some time back on a few horses and they were muck. Value gone at this stage but if you're looking for a 2/1 shot you could do worse.
                                                                    tis in Soouth africa. Molinari is still 200 to 1. a 200 to 1 shot not something to stick the communion money on. 2 to 1 shots are hardly value for the likes of us small time gamblers. Right i'm going with a yankee on the next 4 no.1 dogs, that should blow me tenner. (told you I'd money)

did Mick Shannons outsider in that race e-way seen as all the money will be down on curleys horse. 33 to 1 .
                                                                    Last edited by Solskjaer; 10-02-16, 15:25.

Comment

Smart Talk for the mares novice hurdle at 8/1 with Boylesports. Was impressive against older horses at Doncaster and Limini is far too short for what she has achieved.

Comment

I still owe Rounders a trip report on Ascot, I did do one but lost it

TL;DR
                                                                        Fantastic day, treated like royalty by the racecourse, amazing place well worth a visit, Rich Ricci is my new bestest friend.
                                                                        Contrast between our celebrations at being second and their long faces at winning with only a stone in hand was startling

Tomorrow we go back to England for another OLGB race. TBH I was much more relaxed with and confident about being 16/1 without VVM last time than I am about being 2/1 2nd fav tomorrow. The Gigginstown horse and Fry's are going to be hard beat, Moores and Bowen's could be well ahead of their bare rating. I'd be much happier with a bigger field and if Cannon Fodder had stayed in for pace. Haven't seen the track but I know makes me doubt it will advantage her. On the positive side she seems to have held her form well and has travelled well.
                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Yeah I wouldn't fancy backing her at 2/1 either. It seems a bit of a trappy race but she is tough and consistent so has a good a chance as any of them.

I'm on Polly Peachum for the Mares at Cheltenham so interested to see how the Gigginstown and Moore mares run this time after been beaten out of sight last time

Comment

Wolverhampton 7.15 Asian Wing.

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                                                              Wolverhampton 7.15 Asian Wing.
                                                                              Brutal. Owner said they'd be going for the win. Assumed that'd be the standard approach to a race but obv not. And didn't seem too eager there tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                                                                Brutal. Owner said they'd be going for the win. Assumed that'd be the standard approach to a race but obv not. And didn't seem too eager there tonight!
                                                                                Lad at work has a share in this and they were hopeful but worried that the horse throws in an occasional stinker unreliable it seems

Comment

A lot of accums gone for a shit. Hope the horse is ok though.

]

Comment

Prognosis seems to be good. Annie Power who just had a school round Punchestown is now the 2/1 favourite
                                                                                    Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

thoughts on Silviniaco Conti today ? if he runs like he did two races back in haydock he surley wins this no?
                                                                                      https://twitter.com/#!/TedCullinane1

Comment

Originally posted by shanboghted View Post
                                                                                        thoughts on Silviniaco Conti today ? if he runs like he did two races back in haydock he surley wins this no?
                                                                                        Its hard to see what will beat him if he has recovered from Kempton, first time blinkers right distance
                                                                                        Dynaste has everyones heart broken, of Hendersons pair the mare maybe better value, if the trip still suits him then Flemenstar is most likely to give him a race.
                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Impressive performance from Conti yesterday. I would be going to Punchestown for the Gold Cup there. He is better going right handed and dosen't seem to be a dour stayer so can't understand the thinking behind going for the Grand National.

Paddy Power doing a special everyday between now and Cheltenham online. Today offer is Douvan, Yanworth and Don Poli at 23/1 whcih is a decent bet. Max stake 15 euro though

Comment

Originally posted by angle_grinder View Post
                                                                                            Impressive performance from Conti yesterday. I would be going to Punchestown for the Gold Cup there. He is better going right handed and dosen't seem to be a dour stayer so can't understand the thinking behind going for the Grand National.

Paddy Power doing a special everyday between now and Cheltenham online. Today offer is Douvan, Yanworth and Don Poli at 23/1 whcih is a decent bet. Max stake 15 euro though
                                                                                            The true odds are 21/1 with no enhancement and no restriction, less than 1% of these so called offers are ever anything to write home about.

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                                                              The true odds are 21/1 with no enhancement and no restriction, less than 1% of these so called offers are ever anything to write home about.
                                                                                              It's actually 18.6/1. But I take your point about them not being as good as they promote them.

Usually they pick one or two who are dodgy but I think all 3 are solid that's why it appealed to me.

They obviously think Don Poli will be beaten but I reckon of all the principals he is the only one who wants every yard of the 3m 2 1/2 furlongs

Comment

It's actually 18.6/1. But I take your point about them not being as good as they promote them.

Usually they pick one or two who are dodgy but I think all 3 are solid that's why it appealed to me.

They obviously think Don Poli will be beaten but I reckon of all the principals he is the only one who wants every yard of the 3m 2 1/2 furlongs
                                                                                                I wasn't using PP odds, the best price for the treble over all bookies is 21/1.

Agree re DP, just think that Vatour is an absolute monster and like Kauto Star will win at least one Gold Cu despite not being a stayer in the true sense of the word. If Vatour doesn't get home then DP is the most likely of the rest.

Comment

I wasn't using PP odds, the best price for the treble over all bookies is 21/1.

Agree re DP, just think that Vatour is an absolute monster and like Kauto Star will win at least one Gold Cu despite not being a stayer in the true sense of the word. If Vatour doesn't get home then DP is the most likely of the rest.
                                                                                                  Who is the 21/1 with I might do it there as well.

They are the two most likely winners. The better the ground the more it would suit Vautour. I actually thought they would be better waiting a year with Vautour as he might stay a bit better in another year. Sill only 7.

Comment

Who is the 21/1 with I might do it there as well.

They are the two most likely winners. The better the ground the more it would suit Vautour. I actually thought they would be better waiting a year with Vautour as he might stay a bit better in another year. Sill only 7.
                                                                                                    888.sport, mostly because they are 13/2 top price on Don Poli, which to be fair is an insanely good value e/w bet.

Comment

888.sport, mostly because they are 13/2 top price on Don Poli, which to be fair is an insanely good value e/w bet.
                                                                                                      Yeah he is a really solid bet. Has never really captured public opinion though so will always be overpriced.

It's a great treble the more I think about it. I will be backing Yanworth for next year's Champion Hurdle when odds become available and I would back Douvan to win next year's Champion Chase only for you can never predict what Mullins will do.

Comment

Yeah he is a really solid bet. Has never really captured public opinion though so will always be overpriced.

.
                                                                                                        Hasn't he? He's probably the most talked about/tipped up horse I've heard this Cheltenham. "he just does enough" will be a solid 1/10 shot to be the most used phrase about him at the preview nights.
                                                                                                        Last edited by The Situation; 21-02-16, 20:25.
                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                          Hasn't he? He's probably the most talked about/tipped up horse I've heard this Cheltenham. "he just does enough" will be a solid 1/10 shot to be the most used phrase about him at the preview nights.
                                                                                                          He might be talked about but I don't think there are too many tipping him.

Comment

Castello Sforza 20/1 champion bumper. It's thought not to be going but Jp has bought it and it runs, could go off sub 6/1 fav.

I heard this today from a reasonable source.

Comment

JP bought it back in August or so. It's not a recent development. I'd personally swerve it.
                                                                                                              Thanks for that. Any other AP bets bar sprinter sacre. Thomas Crapper goes again in the novice Hcap chase. Looked interesting off a similar mark to last year.

Comment

Gonna back Vibrato Valtat in the Ryanair @12/1 and Vicente in National hunt @14/1

Comment

God's Own could be the outside bet of the week in the Champion Chase at 33/1 NRNB. Just hope the ground start's to dry out.

Sizing Granite is also interesting as he beat God's Own in Aintree last year albeit God's Own was after having a tough race chasing Un De Sceaux home in the Arkle.

Not sure what to make of him being switched to the Colm Murphy stable with both of these astute trainers being able to get one ready for this race.

Comment

I've backed Supasundae @ 20/1 EW for the Supreme Novice - he smashed up Yanworth in a bumper and will only improve again for his maiden hurdle win. The distance he put between them from the home bend was very impressive. The 20/1 is just too big.
                                                                                                                    Went from 20/1 to 12/1 overnight on B365

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                                                      Gonna back Vibrato Valtat in the Ryanair @12/1 and Vicente in National hunt @14/1
                                                                                                                      GAB - the fact you thanked this gives me more confidence, however before reloading, your opinion on the two if you don't mind?
                                                                                                                      Last edited by Jibzzzz; 23-02-16, 11:22.

Comment

I've backed Supasundae @ 20/1 EW for the Supreme Novice - he smashed up Yanworth in a bumper and will only improve again for his maiden hurdle win. The distance he put between them from the home bend was very impressive. The 20/1 is just too big.

I've also Smashing 12/1 EW for Ryanair. Likely that 3 of those shorter than him in the betting wont run and its a weak race. He goes there in form and has some very good performances in the book.

A few others also that i'l reveal in time for handicaps etc but i'l keep them to myself for now.
                                                                                                                        Do you think both of theses horses would prefer softer ground as well?

Southfield Royale looks a real type for the Four Miler. Trainer says he would like better ground and he jumped to his left around Kempton at Christmas before being outpaced on the run in.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X