Staking Myself - Grind a SNG roll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Staking Myself - Grind a SNG roll

Since it is the new thing to do and in order to focus on poker again for the first time in a while I am going to start this log at the same time as the other stakes to see if I can grind a roll out and move up the levels and jockey back on any shared knowledge.

Going to start on the $6.50 18 man turbo SNG on Stars with a 20 buy-in start and see what they holds these days. Will 4 table for starters but will probably Table ninja increasing amounts gradually

Starting Balance = $130

Game on ...

Best of luck with this.

Comment

Goodluck with this .

Prepare to have your soul ripped out chewed up stamped on and thrown back in your face with a note attached reading Fukk You Fool.

Poker sucks .......Rant over now

Comment

Good luck with this. Following all these personal logs with interest.
        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
          Goodluck with this .

Prepare to have your soul ripped out chewed up stamped on and thrown back in your face with a note attached reading Fukk You Fool.

Poker sucks .......Rant over now
          +1
          GL

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Good luck with it, think I might do one aswell.

Comment

Turbo varience + 20 buy ins =

GL you're gonna need it imo with only 20bi's but if you can do it successfully fair play

Comment

Thanks guys

0 cashes for 5 but got distracted watching The People Vs Larry Flint, great film, so will start seriously tomorrow away from the tv! Bubbled 2 games but fairly confident about the games in general.

Comment

Good luck Marc. I've started playing these aswel as a stake for bohsman and have played 66 so far but i'm not in profit. I'm playing well enough to be, but at the moment variance is taking over. EV adjusted has me up over $60. GL and run well. Might bump into you in a few!

Comment

Ok topped back up to start again properly now I have Hold'em Manager back on this laptop. On my first 4 now.

Would appreciate comments on this hand as I am not sure how I played it ...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 6.5 Tournament, 15/30 Blinds (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG+1 (t1520)
                    MP1 (t1600)
                    MP2 (t1335)
                    CO (t1470)
                    Button (t1470)
                    Hero (SB) (t1420)
                    BB (t910)
                    UTG (t3775)

Hero's M: 31.56

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4, Q
                    2 folds, MP1 calls t30, 1 fold, CO calls t30, 1 fold, Hero calls t15, BB checks

Flop: (t120) 5, 10, 6 (4 players)
                    Hero bets t90, BB raises to t180, 1 fold, CO calls t180, Hero calls t90

Turn: (t660) 10 (3 players)
                    Hero checks, BB bets t700 (All-In), CO raises to t1260 (All-In), Hero calls t1210 (All-In)

River: (t3780) A (3 players, 3 all-in)

Total pot: t3780

Comment

1st session last night .. A few too many bubbles or it could have been profitable. Hope to get a decent volume in today. Encouraging the high finishes in these 18 man games. Playing the 9 tables helps with the discipline early. Also crazy how light they ship/call. Have to adjust my ranges a lot here.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

2nd session went well to make the overall picture good. Time for a little break before I get back in to it ...

Starting roll $135.73
                        Current roll $300.83

Comment

Good stuff WK.
                          We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

And the reason to not get ahead of yourself in this game. Variance rightly kicked in during the 3rd session earlier. Initial thoughts are that AK got beat many times by all sorts of garbage and dominated hands that time round reflected by the EV adjusted line. The fact I was watching the rugby at the time did not help me with concentration. Reviewing the basics from it now and will jump in to a 4th later.

Session 3
                            Starting roll $135.73
                            Session start $300.83
                            Current roll $230.93

Comment

Working...
                            X