Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheltenham 2017 Tipping Competition

Same as last year's (and every other years) version:

1. €50 entry fee. Winner takes 100% of the prize pool. You must pay in advance via bank transfer (PM for details if you don't have already). Don't whinge about this, everyone has online banking these days.

You are only entered when your money hits my account. My account is with AIB so if your isn't, you should probably pay 3 workings days before the off to ensure entry. AIB to AIB should be instant.
    I will pay out the prizepool immediately following the Festival to your bank account.

2. You get 1,000 fantasy euro to wager on the upcoming Cheltenham festival (Note; this is from 14-17 March i.e. Tuesday to Friday. Winner is obviously the person with the largest fantasy 'bank' at the end of the week.

3. Max bet per race is 100 fantasy euro. Win or each-way bets only (no place only bets). Minimum bet per race is 20 fantasy euro. You do not have to bet in every race. You can back more than one horse in a single race (up to a total stake of 100 in that race) but multiple selections can only add up to 100 fantasy euro max in that race. No doubles\trebles etc.
    The Place portion of any Each Way bet will be paid at 1/4 the odds of the S.P., number of places paid to be as per the bookies rules on the race.

3. You must wager a minimum of 250 fantasy euro per day of racing (unless you start the day with less in your bank)

4. All bets for each day's racing must be nominated in this thread by 1pm on each day of racing. If you have not posted by then, you will be presumed to have placed no bets for that day. One post per entrant per day. You can edit your post up to 1pm as much as you like, any editing after 1pm will result in forfeit of 750 fantasy euro and your bets for that day being null and void.

5. All bets are at official starting prices.

6. All my decisions are final and any disagreement is pointless.

7. I will post an updated League table each evening after the day's racing.

8. If you select a horse that is subsequently declared a non-runner (and do not amend your post before 1pm), your stake is automatically transferred to the favourite in that race. In the case of joint or co-favourites, it will transfer to the horse with the lowest racecard number.

9. I am a generous old bollix so all races will be Double Result (i.e. FPP and RoR).

Happy punting
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Will donate again. PM me bank details please.
      Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
        Will donate again. PM me bank details please.
        Sent

Comment

...Shipped my annual €50 in order for me to come 2nd again...

Comment

50c

Comment

Runners and riders so far

RDIII
              Hitch
              Diceman
              Pat Custard
              mdoug
              luckforsome....

Comment

I'm in, just lazy
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

paid
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

In if I can work out how to get the 50 to you. Lost irish bank card so only saved shipping details I have is for mdoug for the irish account.
                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

I shipped €100 to Apollo house pissed on gofundme before Xmas - the shame - might as well donate my regular cheltenham few bob to an IPB'er

sent

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                        In if I can work out how to get the 50 to you. Lost irish bank card so only saved shipping details I have is for mdoug for the irish account.
                        So send to mdoug and let him send on, sure he won't mind.

Comment

Runners and riders to date...

RDIII
                          Hitch
                          Diceman
                          Pat Custard
                          mdoug
                          luckforsome....
                          Dead Parrott
                          nic
                          Sitch

€450 in the pot

Comment

Donation sent. Happy Christmas ya filthy animals

Comment

Sent.

Comment

Sent

Comment

Can you send on the bank deets RD, thought I had them.

Comment

RDIII
                                    Hitch
                                    Diceman
                                    Pat Custard
                                    mdoug
                                    luckforsome....
                                    Dead Parrott
                                    nic
                                    Sitch
                                    Solksjaer
                                    Jibzzz

€550 in the pot

Comment

Need AIB Deets of course, every year.
                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Shipped

Comment

Sent.

Comment

RDIII
                                            Hitch
                                            Diceman
                                            Pat Custard
                                            mdoug
                                            luckforsome....
                                            Dead Parrott
                                            nic
                                            Sitch
                                            Solksjaer
                                            Jibzzz
                                            White Knight
                                            Nuck Chorris
                                            pokerhand

€700 in the pot

Comment

It should probably be noted that I win this!
                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                It should probably be noted that I win this!
                                                you have had your flash of glory

rounders is most definitely due though

Comment

What's the name on the bank account, should still have the details.

Comment

Funds sent

Comment

RDIII
                                                      Hitch
                                                      Diceman
                                                      Pat Custard
                                                      mdoug
                                                      luckforsome....
                                                      Dead Parrott
                                                      nic
                                                      Sitch
                                                      Solksjaer
                                                      Jibzzz
                                                      White Knight
                                                      Nuck Chorris
                                                      pokerhand
                                                      GAB
                                                      bohsman

€800 in the pot

Comment

GAB in it now ffs. Boo kick him out. Resist he'll give us fake news. Seriously though I'm gone from 20 to 1 to 50s. Throw him out.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                          you have had your flash of glory

rounders is most definitely due though
                                                          Darn tootin. Count me in.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHunt View Post
                                                            GAB in it now ffs. Boo kick him out. Resist he'll give us fake news. Seriously though I'm gone from 20 to 1 to 50s. Throw him out.
                                                            Don't think he's ever got near the winner's enclosure to date.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                              Don't think he's ever got near the winner's enclosure to date.
                                                              Only joking . I'll just back his selections and make me 50 back in spades . GAB take this competition seriously or I'll egg yer Louis Copeland

Comment

It's probably +EV for GAB to sacrifice the €50 and make a load of dodgy picks, in the hopes IPB moves the line on his real pick.

Comment

RDIII
                                                                  Hitch
                                                                  Diceman
                                                                  Pat Custard
                                                                  mdoug
                                                                  luckforsome....
                                                                  Dead Parrott
                                                                  nic
                                                                  Sitch
                                                                  Solksjaer
                                                                  Jibzzz
                                                                  White Knight
                                                                  Nuck Chorris
                                                                  pokerhand
                                                                  GAB
                                                                  bohsman
                                                                  TheImprover
                                                                  rounders

€900 in the pot

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHunt View Post
                                                                    Donation sent. Happy Christmas ya filthy animals
                                                                    Are you forgetting about MikeHunt?

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                      Are you forgetting about MikeHunt?
                                                                      I prefer to address him by his real name

Comment

Bank deets and I'll donate
                                                                        Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

sent there from TSB, might take a day or two. Thanks for organising again.

Comment

RDIII
                                                                            Hitch
                                                                            Diceman
                                                                            Pat Custard
                                                                            mdoug
                                                                            luckforsome....
                                                                            Dead Parrott
                                                                            nic
                                                                            Sitch
                                                                            Solksjaer
                                                                            Jibzzz
                                                                            White Knight
                                                                            Nuck Chorris
                                                                            pokerhand
                                                                            GAB
                                                                            bohsman
                                                                            TheImprover
                                                                            rounders
                                                                            ghostface

€950 in the pot

Comment

#39
                                                                              Ugh - I'm in Vegas from the Wednesday onwards (not a brag!), so unsure if I'll find the time to update things on the Thursday and Friday. That said I'm pretty much dead money so shouldn't stop me from entering...

Comment

#40
                                                                                Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                Ugh - I'm in Vegas from the Wednesday onwards (not a brag!), so unsure if I'll find the time to update things on the Thursday and Friday. That said I'm pretty much dead money so shouldn't stop me from entering...
                                                                                Pretty sure you'll be well knocked out by then.

I can ask someone to randomise picks for you on the Thurs\Fri in the BBV if you get stuck.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  RDIII
                                                                                  Hitch
                                                                                  Diceman
                                                                                  Pat Custard
                                                                                  mdoug
                                                                                  luckforsome....
                                                                                  Dead Parrott
                                                                                  nic
                                                                                  Sitch
                                                                                  Solksjaer
                                                                                  Jibzzz
                                                                                  White Knight
                                                                                  Nuck Chorris
                                                                                  pokerhand
                                                                                  GAB
                                                                                  bohsman
                                                                                  TheImprover
                                                                                  rounders
                                                                                  ghostface
                                                                                  careca
                                                                                  Lord Sir Biz

€1050 in the pot (+ more in transit)

Comment

#42
                                                                                    I'll follow Dice and donate to the pot

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                      I'll follow Dice and donate to the pot
                                                                                      Let me know if you need bank deets

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Transferred.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          'fess up, who sent me €50 with a reference of 'CHELTENHAM COMP'?

Comment

#46
                                                                                            I sent but not on list. I think I referenced my name
                                                                                            Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

#47
                                                                                              I want in. Sent me bank details please

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                                                                I sent but not on list. I think I referenced my name
                                                                                                Just hadn't landed last time I checked.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  RDIII
                                                                                                  Hitch
                                                                                                  Diceman
                                                                                                  Pat Custard
                                                                                                  mdoug
                                                                                                  luckforsome....
                                                                                                  Dead Parrott
                                                                                                  nic
                                                                                                  Sitch
                                                                                                  Solksjaer
                                                                                                  Jibzzz
                                                                                                  White Knight
                                                                                                  Nuck Chorris
                                                                                                  pokerhand
                                                                                                  GAB
                                                                                                  bohsman
                                                                                                  TheImprover
                                                                                                  rounders
                                                                                                  ghostface
                                                                                                  careca
                                                                                                  Lord Sir Biz
                                                                                                  carlinrose

€1100 in the pot (+ more in transit)

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Posting goddamn tables, godammit

There's not even a choice this time

Post your picks as a table, following these simple steps.....

1. First the easy bit....
                                                                                                    Choose all the winners and work out your bets according to the rules of the competition.

Then, open your spreadsheet application - can be Excel or any other equivalent. Any idiot can get this done on a smartphone so no excuses.

So say I know I want to make the following bets

Race 1 Nagsnutnoel 50E Each Way
                                                                                                    Race 2 Askmebollix 100 Win
                                                                                                    Race 5 Satnavscat 25 Win

Open Excel (or whatever you're having yourself) and fill in your table per the below:

Fill in each column as per the below:

Race
                                                                                                    the letter 'R' followed by the number of the race on the racecard
                                                                                                    e.g. R1 = the first race on the card, R5 = the fifth race on the card etc

Horse
                                                                                                    The horse's name - spelt correctly as per the racecard. The system only recognises correct spellings.

Bet
                                                                                                    The amount you want to bet on your selection. If you want to bet each way, type that amount i.e. if you want 20 each way, type 20. The system will know.

Bet Type
                                                                                                    Either W (win) or EW (each way). Well, duh.

2. Copy the contents of your little table to this a new post on this thread

Wrap it in table tags (the magic button is the one highlighted inside the star), per the below:

Click 'submit reply'

3. Hey presto, you're done with a lovely shiny table like this:

Edit away up to the deadline of 1pm each day

Follow the above and make me a happy man. This competition actually takes quite a bit of work to run so taking two minutes out to create and post a table will save me a lot of time.

If you fuck up your entries, it's on you

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      In & shipped, thanks in advance for running it

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        In. Send bank deets will get sent this week

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          Testing

Hmm, easy enough on phone.
                                                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            RDIII
                                                                                                            Hitch
                                                                                                            Diceman
                                                                                                            Pat Custard
                                                                                                            mdoug
                                                                                                            luckforsome....
                                                                                                            Dead Parrott
                                                                                                            nic
                                                                                                            Sitch
                                                                                                            Solksjaer
                                                                                                            Jibzzz
                                                                                                            White Knight
                                                                                                            Nuck Chorris
                                                                                                            pokerhand
                                                                                                            GAB
                                                                                                            bohsman
                                                                                                            TheImprover
                                                                                                            rounders
                                                                                                            ghostface
                                                                                                            careca
                                                                                                            Lord Sir Biz
                                                                                                            carlinrose
                                                                                                            The Aul Switcheroo
                                                                                                            New Approach

€1200 in the pot (+ more in transit)

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              The spelling should cause some problems tbh

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                The spelling should cause some problems tbh
                                                                                                                Not for me

If in doubt, just open the racing post website and copy and paste the nags name

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  Nice to get a reference of SPS SUPER SALAMI in my bank account

And understand it 100%.

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    RDIII
                                                                                                                    Hitch
                                                                                                                    Diceman
                                                                                                                    Pat Custard
                                                                                                                    mdoug
                                                                                                                    luckforsome....
                                                                                                                    Dead Parrott
                                                                                                                    nic
                                                                                                                    Sitch
                                                                                                                    Solksjaer
                                                                                                                    Jibzzz
                                                                                                                    White Knight
                                                                                                                    Nuck Chorris
                                                                                                                    pokerhand
                                                                                                                    GAB
                                                                                                                    bohsman
                                                                                                                    TheImprover
                                                                                                                    rounders
                                                                                                                    ghostface
                                                                                                                    careca
                                                                                                                    Lord Sir Biz
                                                                                                                    carlinrose
                                                                                                                    The Aul Switcheroo
                                                                                                                    New Approach
                                                                                                                    Strewelpeter

€1250 in the pot (+ more in transit)

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Bank deets same as last year?

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        Count me in.

Will transfer later.

Thanks for running it again.

Maybe it will be my year although don't think I quite get the gold cup trip
                                                                                                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X