Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two curious cases of benjamin button

Hand 1.
    Villain is 23/21/3.6 after~400 hands(but only 40 or 50 at this session). I'm playing something similar and have 3b him a few times already and 4b him once when he 3b me from the blinds and he folded. Pf I'll 3b him plenty but felt he was getting sick of me, especially after he had folded to the 4b an orbit previous.
    My thinking on 4th street...he's turned a set of 3s or has QJd or Axd or the like. Odd line anyway. Should I bet flop?turn?fold to raise?call turn and fold river?call turn and river?

No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (4 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (Button) ($231)
    BB ($246.55)
    SB ($206)
    UTG ($200)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K, Q
    UTG bets $6, Hero calls $6, 1 fold, BB calls $4

Flop: ($19) 10, 6, K (3 players)
    BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($19) 3 (3 players)
    BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $12, 1 fold, UTG raises $35, Hero calls $23

River: ($89) 4 (2 players)
    UTG bets $67

Hand 2
    Villain is playing 25/22/8.8 after ~200 hands. I'm tighter maybe 19/16 and have been in line for the most part. We have no history. I decide to raise flop as I don't really want the sb involved and he'll fold better hands when I raise as well as draws with some equity. I don't mind the OR folding either obv but I have some bd draws at least if he calls. On the turn after failing to hit one of my improving cards I'm thinking I can bet 1/2 pot which looks very installment planish then shove river and pray that he folds(fking genius plan). River is another T and I'm obv repping a ridic narrow range of like quads and 55,77 or unlikely slowplayed QQ. Thing is I almost never have a ten but he has tens in his range for sure. Are people c/calling river here with AA,KK,JJ,Tx or is my story believable at all?

No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($200)
    Hero (Button) ($233.30)
    BB ($305.58)
    CO ($225.32)
    UTG ($63.02)
    SB ($137.36)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5, 6
    1 fold, MP bets $6, 1 fold, Hero calls $6, SB calls $5, 1 fold

Flop: ($20) 10, 5, 7 (3 players)
    SB checks, MP bets $11, Hero raises $29, 1 fold, MP calls $18

Turn: ($78) Q (2 players)
    MP checks, Hero bets $38, MP calls $38

River: ($154) 10 (2 players)
    MP checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets $133

Hand 1: I see this type of line a lot with combo draws from aggressive multitablers on autopilot, i think its combo draws a hell of a lot more times than he has a turned set or decided to try and check raise 2 streets with a flopped monster or very weirdly played AK but the thing is your hand is under-repped when you check the flop IP there so in the villains mind you probably picked up some draw on the turn or have a medicore weak hand that he can push you off now that hes combo missed so im happy to call here.

I think id bet the flop here most times here for value, raiser looks like hes giving up and i don't think we've enough history to suggest the raiser is going to be check raising here. Any particular reason why you checked the flop?

Theres a lot of turn scenarios if we bet, assuming we bet and the original raiser calls i guess i keep betting and re-evaluate the river as id expect the villain to be leading 3 way with a big hand so id assume hes trying to pot control if hes check calling so id fire away and keep the pressure on IP

Hand 2:

Your line looks strong here but you've very much air or 55,77 maybe T7 so as you mention the range your repping is very narrow, your raising 3 way on a dryish board and following up on the turn against someone who neither of you have history against so im wondering what type of range he has for calling, most likely Tx, AA-JJ, 57 or maybe very occassionaly a stubborn 88-99 so i dont know if our line is strong enough to fold out anything other than 88-99 which is the smallest part of hes range and JJ but Tx and QQ+ is probably calling too much, also 55 and 77 are also in hes range but the T river didnt really help us so im inclined to give up not because i dont think our line is believable but because giving our line hes probably got a strong range left.

I think if were going with the plan of betting the turn and following up on the river with the plan to get him to fold the weaker part of hes range like Tx,JJ, 88-99 then betting 60-65 on the turn has pretty much the same folding equity, i just don't think the 1/2 pot bet on the turn is putting enough pressure on that range and if he pushes or calls the turn then we know hes almost never folding the river or is very strong and we save 1/2 our stack but with the 1/2 pot bet weve not really narrowed hes range enough and now have to risk over 50% of our total stack to try and fold a narrow range so i much prefer the turn DB as he'd expect us to be betting big here with a strong hand to make the pot to stack ratio more appealing to call our river push so it looks a bit suspect.

In both scenarios i think AA-KK call a lot, betting the turn bigger should fold out Tx,JJ but as i mentioned were trying to fold a narrow range so against someone who ive no real reads on id probably prefer to just check the turn if i did raise the flop. I don't particularly think raising the flop is good if were not going to DB and since im not mad about DB the turn with no reads on the type of player in general id rather just fold or call the flop, its a small bet and we have position.

Comment

Im never folding hand 1.

Hand 2 i prefer to just fold. Very difficult to rep much on the flop.
      Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

1 - I'd be snapping this off. I'd bet the flop too.

2 - Looks a really strong line, I doubt he folds much though and you're not repping anything but total monsters on the river, as you're hardly raising a bare T on the flop? So you're basically repping a boat or nothing, and he has some Ts in his range which he's snapping you off with obv. So yeah, just fold the flop. I'd give up on the river too as played.

I doubt he's folding JJ, QQ,KK, AA either.

Comment

Working...
        X