This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
    Fail to see what guys like this do be at. As soon as you cash the funds are in your account obviously you ship straight back to the staker and you still have this free money sitting in your account. Why ruin your reputation to keep 10, 15, 20 dollars from a guy who was generous to back you?

Id understand somewhat if it were a few hundred
    can you give stake me $200 on stars and i hope you understand if i dont pay it back

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
      Paging Mr. YouKnowWho........

Im calling you out and giving you till 9 pm tonight to defend youself before I and others finally blow the whistle on you !!!

Comment

Setting my break at work for 9 pm!
        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Are FD and Dimonixl dealing with the same guy i wonder.
          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
            Are FD and Dimonixl dealing with the same guy i wonder.

Lets just say I am owed a few quid for a while now.

I will name and shame later, if anyone else has similar dealings with said person, maybe they can confirm also and we can form an orderly queue !

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
              So Hornswaggle kept all the Sweep money........ and is still alive presumably.........and nobody has gone after him.........and i'm running the Euro competition
              I'm so going to bet out of turn against you at every opportunity

Ghost face owes me 3 fiddy just sayin...

Comment

Half-time in the match, may as well get this out of the way.

It seems some people are aware of this but for those who don`t, here goes...

Myself and quite a few others are owed monies by a certain individual,going back nearly 12 months for myself personally. Judging by his lack of attendence here over the last few months and his non-responsive actions to PM`s, it is safe to say it does`nt look like I or others will get back what is owed to us.

Therefore its is my pleasure to out the one-time poster boy of IPB....

DannyDiamond
                Last edited by KevIRL; 23-06-12, 20:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimoxinil View Post
                  Half-time in the match, may as well get this out of the way.

It seems some people are aware of this but for those who don`t, here goes...

Myself and quite a few others are owed monies by a certain individual,going back nearly 12 months for myself personally. Judging by his lack of attendence here over the last few months and his non-responsive actions to PM`s, it is safe to say it does`nt look like I or others will get back what is owed to us.

Therefore its is my pleasure to out the one-time poster boy of IPB....

DannyDiamond
                  More details will be needed . What amount , whats it owed for
                  Last edited by KevIRL; 23-06-12, 20:38.

Comment

@Damo

The amount is imaterial, I and others will confirm that we have been shafted by him, if I am making this up, let him log in here and deny the accusations !

Comment

Deleted a few irrelevant posts, keep on topic please everyone.

Comment

Im sorry to hear about your situation Dimoxinil and others who are owed monies. FWIW any dealings I have had with Danny have been straight up. If he owed me money but was a little strapped he would always let me know! I dont think he's the sort who would try to scam or steal from IPB members

The are possibly reasons as to why he hasn't paid back what is owed but I can nearly say for definite if he had the money he would pay you back asap.

I dont know what the situation is just lending an oar since he's not here to defend himself and those of you who have seen our tit for tat in the bbv know I wouldnt speak for Danny here if what I have said wasnt true.
                        Last edited by Bubbleking; 23-06-12, 21:03.

Comment

@ Bubbleking

I`m all for letting a few quid slide for a while if somebody is stuck, but I`m waiting the bones of a year now and I`m not alone here either. If he has some personal or gambling problem , would it be too much to send a PM to explain ?

Instead he has disappeared off the face of the earth, I do feel somewhat dirty for doing this, but it has to be out in the open now before anyone else gets stung !

Comment

A year is about 11.5 months late imo for pointing out that you've found someone to not be reliable.
                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                              A year is about 11.5 months late imo for pointing out that you've found someone to not be reliable.
                              No matter if it was 1 month or 1 year, that is between him and me, I am not going to start trouble for the mods here trying to get them to do my dirty work for me. The reason I posted was that it became obvious that other forum members are in the same financial boat as me. I knew I would get bad reaction from doing this but no-one else seems to want to step up to the plate.

Comment

surprise surprise.

Comment

Fair play for holding out for a year man. 12 times too much time I would have but fair play for having the patience to hold out this long. People who owe cash like this deserve to be outted no matter how many posts he has on here. All I can say is hope all you guys get your money back. Awful situation. Fair play OP and others for their patience and GL.

Comment

He organised the premiership predictions league for 2 years, last yr it took me over a month to paid. This yr unreal he said his internet was fooked getting it fixed asap (check prem thread), yet he has played on stars at least 15 nights since prem league has finished.
                                    sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                      did you get paid from the prem predictions yet?

Comment

Hi all,

I'm ashamed and embaressed for causing the grief that I have, I definately do owe a couple of people on the forum money.

A minute doesn't go by any day when I don't think about it and I genuinely hate being in this position.

My sincere apoligies for the 'burying my head in the sand' approach. I've desperately been trying to do something to raise a few quid to pay back what I owe.

I've been recently struggling with anxiety attacks and I've found it difficult to face up to these things. I hope this doesn't sound like a bullshit excuse, I'm revealing more than I'm really comfortable with but the lads i'm indebted to deserve an explanation.

My problems shouldn't have to extend towards anyone here and I'm really sorry to the lads in question. Social welfare if my only income at the moment but i'll be back online at some stage tomorrow and I'll get in contact with the lads and respond to pms to try and arrange some way of payment, it'll have to be in chunks but I assure you it will be paid. If I had the funds to pay at any stage I would have in a heartbeat.

Again, my apoligies, I never meant it to come to this and i'm sick to my stomach about it, I've made a right fool of myself but I'll try and rectify the situation as soon as possible.

Danny.
                                        We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

You haven't made a fool of yourself, if you think that way then your anxiety will only get worse rather than better.

Shit happens...sort it out and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                            Hi all,

I'm ashamed and embaressed for causing the grief that I have, I definately do owe a couple of people on the forum money.

A minute doesn't go by any day when I don't think about it and I genuinely hate being in this position.

My sincere apoligies for the 'burying my head in the sand' approach. I've desperately been trying to do something to raise a few quid to pay back what I owe.

I've been recently struggling with anxiety attacks and I've found it difficult to face up to these things. I hope this doesn't sound like a bullshit excuse, I'm revealing more than I'm really comfortable with but the lads i'm indebted to deserve an explanation.

My problems shouldn't have to extend towards anyone here and I'm really sorry to the lads in question. Social welfare if my only income at the moment but i'll be back online at some stage tomorrow and I'll get in contact with the lads and respond to pms to try and arrange some way of payment, it'll have to be in chunks but I assure you it will be paid. If I had the funds to pay at any stage I would have in a heartbeat.

Again, my apoligies, I never meant it to come to this and i'm sick to my stomach about it, I've made a right fool of myself but I'll try and rectify the situation as soon as possible.

Danny.
                                            sigh Danny, you collected the money for the prem league (some escrow), explain why you are playing on stars nearly every night.

Comment

Last edited by smoothcall; 24-06-12, 02:49. Reason: oops wrong thread...

Comment

what do you mean it will have to be paid in chunks, it wasn't your money you collected it and were meant to keep it aside what the fook has that got to do with anything, meh you are a scumbag, and only for the fact that you have xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx posts people feel sorry for you

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                                                  Barely played any poker lately, but was bored watchin tv there so decided id have a peek in the stars lobby. 'Saturday Speedway' sounds like a nice turbo' ~ chopped if for 5k, prob end up doing most of it tomorow now, but was nice to run good.
                                                  not sure if in wrong thread or kicking a man when he's down

Comment

hope things get better soon Danny, it's not an ideal situation lads so no need to drag it out talking shit. Just give it some time.

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                                                      hope things get better soon Danny, it's not an ideal situation lads so no need to drag it out talking shit. Just give it some time.
                                                      who is talking shit?

Comment

talking shit probably wasn't the right thing to say, you have every right to be angry.

Comment

I think ppl must consider others in situations like this and their individual circumstances

When a person is put/arrived at a situation where he/she has to appeal for help then they are in a predicament usually which is uncomfortable to them

If you offer a hand of friendship you do so with an understanding and genuine empathy to the person reaching out

You dont do so and lambast them when they dont follow the path to which you aspired them to

As Danny has spoken out I will say, yes I have tried to help him out and am happy to say so

I dont care when I get paid if ever. The offer was made in good faith yes but it was what i could 'afford' to write off as well.....a luxury to him he could not afford at the time

I have spent time homeless sleeping on the streets and chasing fag butts threw outta cars and going into pubs and begging etc etc and know how much value help is when in need. It is not a past I am proud of but also not ashamed as you get a unique perspective for which I am thankful and also has been useful at times

So I say to those whom are owed;

Do you really need it now

Surely its better to see someone make their way back and when recompense is made you know that your contribution helped and remuneration is made from the upside of life

when someone is down dont bang em down more

yeah its shitty and yeah it shouldn't have happened but fuck it...it has

I am sure Danny feels a lot worse than you or me ...

and if he comes to the IPB day out I will stake him and buy him a pint

just my thgts ...........

Comment

Nice post in sentiment Stan, but

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                            I think ppl must consider others in situations like this and their individual circumstances
                                                            I don't think you can accuse anyone of not doing this. Dimoxinil has waited a year, some others may have waited longer but how long is a piece of string? If people don't hear back from Danny, how are they to know if there is a chance of resolving the situation or if they are just being shafted and ignored? All most people would have wanted was some communication. The fact that nobody has spoken out in such a long time whereas if it was a different poster he would have been ripped to shreds shows that a lot of people are 100% taking Danny's situation into account

I dont care when I get paid if ever. The offer was made in good faith yes but it was what i could 'afford' to write off as well.....a luxury to him he could not afford at the time
                                                            On this, i generally don't loan people money and then write it off. I have done before for small amounts to idiots or bums but i know 100% what i'm doing. Sometimes giving some scum a few quid meaning they stop bothering you is sometimes the best money you can ever spend. Any money i have lent/swapped with reputable posters on here is done so in good faith. I've done a lot of bets and not escrowed for large sums, both winning and losing and it's never been a problem. On IPB, i think we all need a code of conduct where if you help out a member of this forum, it should not be seen as an amount you're willing to write off.

On the flipside of that, the likes of thedini and anyone else that might be owed as a result of the premier predictions. It wasn't a loan or a lost bet. If was money they believed was sitting in Dannys account waiting for them, and didn't believe it would ever have been an issue. They are in a different boat than anyone that might have loaned the guy some money and it is understandable if they are more upset.

I don't want to get into the ins and outs of my situation at the moment, because i wouldn't be in this situation if i didn't class Danny as a friend and have a lot of respect for him in the first place

Comment

Wow seriously such a great post stan, still a little groggy from last night to fully appreciate it but your attitude in this situation needs to be applauded

gg man

Comment

Pretty hilarious double standards in how a regular poster is treated in this situation compared with people who have less posts or people who aren't long-term regulars.

Comment

From reading this, if he's been playing on stars in the interim, then his excuse is kind of bullshit.
                                                                  At least he didn't continue to hide and did make a post, which was less cowardly.
                                                                  If this was a poster who had less posts or who not many people knew he would have been burned at the stake by now.
                                                                  Anyway hopefully he sorts shit out and people get paid. Gl all.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                    Pretty hilarious double standards in how a regular poster is treated in this situation compared with people who have less posts or people who aren't long-term regulars.
                                                                    Well there's no double standards from me hence my comment below

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                    I don't want to get into the ins and outs of my situation at the moment, because i wouldn't be in this situation if i didn't class Danny as a friend and have a lot of respect for him in the first place

Comment

I'm not sure that that is fair, I believe that in matters like this personality and reputation counts for an awful lot.
                                                                      It's an unfortunate situation but its all out there now and hopefully the people directly involved can come to a resolution. I don't know nor do I want to know all the details but I'm sure there is nothing so broken here that it can't be mended if everyone keeps their cool.

This thread has now served its purpose in this matter.
                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

As Stated those are my views and I totally respect others having different opinions to this and will say no more on subject and leave it with parties concerned to come to hopefully an amicable and satisfactory arrangement in this dire situation

Comment

When a person is put/arrived at a situation where he/she has to appeal for help then they are in a predicament usually which is uncomfortable to them

If you offer a hand of friendship you do so with an understanding and genuine empathy to the person reaching out

You dont do so and lambast them when they dont follow the path to which you aspired them to

As Danny has spoken out I will say, yes I have tried to help him out and am happy to say so

I have spent time homeless sleeping on the streets and chasing fag butts threw outta cars and going into pubs and begging etc etc and know how much value help is when in need. It is not a past I am proud of but also not ashamed as you get a unique perspective for which I am thankful and also has been useful at times

So I say to those whom are owed;

Surely its better to see someone make their way back and when recompense is made you know that your contribution helped and remuneration is made from the upside of life

when someone is down dont bang em down more

yeah its shitty and yeah it shouldn't have happened but fuck it...it has

I am sure Danny feels a lot worse than you or me ...

and if he comes to the IPB day out I will stake him and buy him a pint

I think you are making the mistake of confusing empathy and identification with your own past and experiences. I'm not condemning DD but you should not assume that his reasons and experiences mirror yours. While I like your sentiment your post is littered with assumptions about the situation and how DD must feel, based on your internal frame of reference.

I hope this gets sorted for DD who I have always liked, but we need to be careful. None of us know exactly what going on.

Comment

massive difference between a lend of money, and being in charge of a pool of money.

At no stage was the cash owed DannyDiamond's. Very very very poor form to access it, use it and as a result no longer have it imo. Abusing a position of trust is pretty nasty imo, and of course circumstances may prove mitigating, but it's still a really poor decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                              massive difference between a lend of money, and being in charge of a pool of money.

At no stage was the cash owed DannyDiamond's. Very very very poor form to access it, use it and as a result no longer have it imo. Abusing a position of trust is pretty nasty imo, and of course circumstances may prove mitigating, but it's still a really poor decision.
                                                                              Poor form yes but I'd stop short of nasty when dealing with a potential addiction.
                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Ok, maybe I came across as a bit of a cunt and could have worded my op better but alas I cant change that now.

In general, if I know the person or have had dealings with them in the past, I would hold off on collecting from them if they gave me a valid and reasonable excuse. Usually its for small amounts so I can easily survive without it. The problem here is, that I was contacted by a few people stating they were also in the same boat as me.

I knew I would cause a shitstorm for both DD and myself by posting, but it seems a few people knew what was going on but nobody else wanted to start a mud slinging contest.

I have seen what a bad gambling addiction can do to 2 close workmates of mine, and by fuck, I wont stand back and see this happening here any longer.

In summary, I cant wave a magic wand and make everything better, but I hope it is all sorted out soon for all parties.

Comment

Just so people are aware, there is more than 1 person owed long term from predictions escrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimoxinil View Post
                                                                                    Ok, maybe I came across as a bit of a cunt and could have worded my op better but alas I cant change that now.
                                                                                    Not at all, you were entitled to phrase it anyway you wanted imo. If anyone is giving you stick they should fuck right off.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                      Not at all, you were entitled to phrase it anyway you wanted imo. If anyone is giving you stick they should fuck right off.
                                                                                      +1 I wasn't having a go at him at all earlier just providing the experience I had

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                                                        did you get paid from the prem predictions yet?
                                                                                        Not yet.
                                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

This is disgusting. Should be instantly banned. Ive put up what I think about it all in the bbv just now.

Ckids post is by far the best. Such double standards.

Comment

Lets not kid ourselves, i'm pretty sure there are some posters members on here who have gambling problems,maybe a section with GA addresses/phone numbers/advice might help someone.
                                                                                            After all this is a community and help should available on here if needed.

Comment

Spot on.

I take a very dim view of this personally. In this case the reputation built up on here over time that means he is being afforded greater tolerance is exactly what was abused when he lost / spent / gambled a pool of money he was entrusted to escrow.

- If Danny wasn't well liked, respected and considered a decent bloke he wouldn't have been acceptable as an escrow;
                                                                                              - After he fails to carry out his escrow responsibilities he is afforded more time and patience to make good because he is well liked, respected and considered a decent bloke;

The thing I hate most about the poker community is that so, so many turn out to be unreliable or untrustworthy as the years roll on.

I'd imagine Danny had and has good intentions and didn't intend to get into this situation, but escrow funds should be released instantly or, at worst, within days of being due for payment.

I hope things improve for Danny and he opens a dialogue with those he owes money to. Might take a while to dig himself out of this hole. Hopefully he can.

Originally posted by imidg View Post
                                                                                              Lets not kid ourselves, i'm pretty sure there are some posters members on here who have gambling problems,maybe a section with GA addresses/phone numbers/advice might help someone.
                                                                                              After all this is a community and help should available on here if needed.
                                                                                              Good idea...
                                                                                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Working...
                                                                                              X