Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
    So just to be clear here. Nobody is contradicting my point, you are just making general noise to make yourself feel better?
    I thought your point was that there wasn't much in favour of the assertion that she's useless? If so the contradictory evidence was the lists of huge decisions she has gotten badly wrong.

Everyone seems to agree that she's the best that's there (the best of the big names anyway, there are surely some decent people hiding somewhere in the party), but I seriously doubt history will end up being kind to her which you suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
      So just to be clear here. Nobody is contradicting my point, you are just making general noise to make yourself feel better?
      Feel better about what?

May has been a notably rubbish PM. Yes, she was dealt poor cards but she has played them like someone who doesn't even know the rules. Of snap.

This isn't some crazy outlier view. Pretty much every serious political commentator agrees.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

My feck off Philips xxl air fryer has arrived. Any tips on using the damn thing? Apart from putting meat in it

Comment

Few drinks clearly had in the member's bar this evening.

117 against. That's bad. She's a dead woman walking.

Comment

If this guys keeps putting the hours in , like Mia, he might be good some day.

Some man to swing an axe!

Indulge for the whole 10mins.

Official Live Video for Sultans Of Swing. Taken from Dire Straits – Alchemy: Dire Straits Live.Dire Straits – Live 1978-1992' is out now (UK/ROW). Out Januar...
                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  She's a dead woman walking.
                  She's a lovely neck though. Everything else is completely fucked, but her neck is looking better than most 35 year olds.
                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Anyone stuck for a TV show, I thought "Get Shorty" was excellent. I gave it a spin when struggling for something to watch. Was bias against it and fully expecting to dump it fast. I'd imagine many would look at it and feel similar and not bother.

It just had enough to keep me watching initially. After season two I'm of the opinion it's in top two tv shows I've seen this year, with Atlanta. and prob tops that for me. Was delighted to see season 3 commissioned today

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                      My feck off Philips xxl air fryer has arrived. Any tips on using the damn thing? Apart from putting meat in it
                      If you're making chips, use that spray oil stuff. It's the only way to get an almost even spread.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Street lights and traffic lights are out here. Lecky still on in the houses; you'd expect it to be the other way 'round.

Comment

Comment

Pretty sure this is the best delivery of a short joke I've ever seen

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

3 years ago...

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                  If this guys keeps putting the hours in , like Mia, he might be good some day.

Some man to swing an axe!

Indulge for the whole 10mins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Pa9x9fZBtY
                                  this video is the perfect example of what happens if you indulge in cocaine a little to much.

I fucking love Mark Knopfler but there does not need to be a 10 minute long version of Sultans of Swing.
                                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                    this video is the perfect example of what happens if you indulge in cocaine a little to much.

I fucking love Mark Knopfler but there does not need to be a 10 minute long version of Sultans of Swing.
                                    Incorrect .

Comment

So today, the fatally weakened May heads off to Brussels once more. Neatly inverting the traditional maxim of only negotiating from a position of strength, she'll be politely tolerated and given nothing.

And we're back where we were three weeks ago. United EU. Ever more divided, fractious and incoherent UK.

And that's on May.

Comment

So today, the fatally weakened May heads off to Brussels once more. Neatly inverting the traditional maxim of only negotiating from a position of strength, she'll be politely tolerated and given nothing.

And we're back where we were three weeks ago. United EU. Ever more divided, fractious and incoherent UK.

And that's on May.
                                        funking hard for a 2nd referendum in 2019. Let's take a leaf out of the Irish playbook for once.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                          funking hard for a 2nd referendum in 2019. Let's take a leaf out of the Irish playbook for once.
                                          We're not as stupid as we look.

Comment

We're not always as stupid as we look.
                                            FYP

Comment

Have two of the cheap tickets for Leinster vs Bath this weekend for sale. €24, Block 510, Row X. Got freebies through work myself. Can do paypal, bank transfer or meet near stadium.

Gone.
                                              Last edited by NuckChorris; 13-12-18, 11:38.

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                                Have two of the cheap tickets for Leinster vs Bath this weekend for sale. €24, Block 510, Row X. Got freebies through work myself. Can do paypal, bank transfer or meet near stadium.
                                                Yes please. Meet near stadium is easiest for me.

Edit. Actually let’s to bank transfer and email. I’ll drop you a pm.
                                                Last edited by V for Vendetta; 13-12-18, 11:15.
                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

anyone still play poker? would be curious to read up on any links for the latest push/fold strategy?

Comment

We're not as stupid as we look.
                                                    Say what you like about Bertie brining the economy to ruin and potentially subverting democracy but he did at least understand that having trading partners and having free access to one of the worlds largest trading blocks was a good thing.

Comment

And that's on May.
                                                      I'm feeling it's pretty inevitable we get a united ireland referendum in the next 5 years
                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                        anyone still play poker? would be curious to read up on any links for the latest push/fold strategy?
                                                        There's definitely a few posters here that still look at theory so perhaps they will add more but I use https://www.snapshove.com I'm sure there's more up to date stuff but it's a decent resource imo.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                          I'm feeling it's pretty inevitable we get a united ireland referendum in the next 5 years
                                                          Maybe but I don't think there is any chance the NI electorate vote for unity. It is SO EASY for a Catholic/republican up there to say 'yes' to a United Ireland when polled on it. In a voting booth after a long and fractious referendum campaign, in which both sides go OTT with different versions of project fear, not quite as much of a slamdunk I think! 'You know those cheap cars you love so much? Yeah, well in a UI they are gone forever. Your NHS? Yep, also gone. Reasonably priced booze? Say goodbye to it. Oh yeah, taxes need to rise massively to pay for it all!' Same shit for those of us down south; easy to say a UI sounds good now, but if the specifics are laid out for us (higher tax and reduced services have to be start of it, right?) how many stick to their guns?

Don't see a UI in my lifetime really. Not sure how I feel about it TBH.

Comment

Have 2 tickets for Mick Flannery in Drogheda this Saturday, anyone here interested or know someone who would be interested?

Fantastic singer, and feel bad that the tickets will go to waste so someone take them please! Am giving them away for free, he really is class

Edit: gone
                                                            Last edited by mdoug; 13-12-18, 14:53.
                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

An episode of Star Trek 28 years ago said Ireland was reunited in 2024, amazing if that came to pass. More so for Star Trek referencing it than me caring about it.
                                                              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 13-12-18, 12:41.

Comment

I still play but my push fold chart has no fold in it
                                                                sigpic
                                                                Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                  Maybe but I don't think there is any chance the NI electorate vote for unity. It is SO EASY for a Catholic/republican up there to say 'yes' to a United Ireland when polled on it. In a voting booth after a long and fractious referendum campaign, in which both sides go OTT with different versions of project fear, not quite as much of a slamdunk I think! 'You know those cheap cars you love so much? Yeah, well in a UI they are gone forever. Your NHS? Yep, also gone. Reasonably priced booze? Say goodbye to it. Oh yeah, taxes need to rise massively to pay for it all!' Same shit for those of us down south; easy to say a UI sounds good now, but if the specifics are laid out for us (higher tax and reduced services have to be start of it, right?) how many stick to their guns?

I 100% agree with the reasons for not doing it but would wager it'd pass no problem (at least down here). NI might as well be another planet for the amount of thought the average joe gives it, including me. But once in a life time chance to create a united Ireland? There's no chance it would fail.
                                                                  I imagine there'd be some kind of divorce parachute from the uk too as it benefits them too.
                                                                  If May wasn't beholden to the DUP, NI would have been thrown under the Brexit bus from the jump
                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I 100% agree with the reasons for not doing it but would wager it'd pass no problem (at least down here). NI might as well be another planet for the amount of thought the average joe gives it, including me. But once in a life time chance to create a united Ireland? There's no chance it would fail.
                                                                    I imagine there'd be some kind of divorce parachute from the uk too as it benefits them too.
                                                                    If May wasn't beholden to the DUP, NI would have been thrown under the Brexit bus from the jump
                                                                    I can't see it happening any time soon, even the referendum. Convincing the British government there is a likelihood that a majority would vote for it, which is the prerequisite for them to call the referendum, is not going to be easy. That's even before you get into the likelihood of it actually passing on both sides of the border.

Comment

If there was a referendum next week in Ireland to take back the North I reckon I'd be putting my life's savings on it passing at 1.01 for the free money.

Comment

I'd lay that.

Comment

Not sure if it was an intentional phrase but Sticking to their guns is the problem I would see whichever way the referendum goes.

Comment

I'd lay that.
                                                                            Don't know any of my friends who would like or want unification.The Republic is broke enough.

Comment

I'd lay that.

What price would you back it at?

Comment

If there were a referendum to saw off the 6 counties and push them towards Iceland I would vote for it.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                  If there were a referendum to saw off the 6 counties and push them towards Iceland I would vote for it.
                                                                                  Can we throw in Donegal?

Comment

In an actual campaign the Re-unification side could call on bundles of positives - many industries where it would be an actual benefit, patriotism from 1798 to 1916, tugging on the heart strings via 'don't abandon your northern brothers'.
                                                                                    Whilst the No campaign is limited to 'wouldn't it be a bit expensive?'

I think it'd be a landslide Yes down here.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                      In an actual campaign the Re-unification side could call on bundles of positives - many industries where it would be an actual benefit, patriotism from 1798 to 1916, tugging on the heart strings via 'don't abandon your northern brothers'.

The mortallest lock in the history of mortal locks.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                        The mortallest lock in the history of mortal locks.
                                                                                        Down here 1/5

Up there 7/4 ish
                                                                                        Last edited by Strewelpeter; 13-12-18, 14:19.

Comment

The arguments you say that will be made are pretty much bang on, but don't forget that the one in bold is definitely the one that probably gets more people to vote, more so than any other type of argument in history

Though I tend to agree that a UI vote will pass down here (by less than some think) and have pretty much 0% chance of passing in NI, at least based on current circumstances and for the foreseeable future. I honestly think 'your cars will increase in price by at least 30%' will be enough to remove a big chunk of young men's votes from the pro-UI side

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                            Down here 1/5

Up there 7/7 ish
                                                                                            7/7?

Comment

The arguments you say that will be made are pretty much bang on, but don't forget that the one in bold is definitely the one that probably gets more people to vote, more so than any other type of argument in history

Though I tend to agree that a UI vote will pass down here (by less than some think) and have pretty much 0% chance of passing in NI, at least based on current circumstances and for the foreseeable future. I honestly think 'your cars will increase in price by at least 30%' will be enough to remove a big chunk of young men's votes from the pro-UI side
                                                                                              I wouldn't give it much chance of passing in NI at the moment either for the record. I think it's a virtual certainty to happen within my lifetime though (at least my actuarial tables lifetime).

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                I wouldn't give it much chance of passing in NI at the moment either for the record. I think it's a virtual certainty to happen within my lifetime though (at least my actuarial tables lifetime).
                                                                                                How much would you bet on that?

Comment

ALL IN

Comment

Poll or no poll the GFA would come under unsustainable pressure if there was to be any more border than we have already.
                                                                                                    As has been clear since before the referendum the only way to protect the status of NI staying within the UK is to remain in the EU.
                                                                                                    And that is the most frustrating thing about the DUP and Brexiteers that no one except May, and her only stating it finally the other day in comments that were either not understood or ignored, seems to understand that this is exactly what the backstop is for. There is no version of brexit without an absolute guarantee on the border where NI stays in the UK.

In the case of a hard border it will be a very uncomfortable position for ROI leaving a million citizens languish without all the rights and benefits being citizens of the EU brings.
                                                                                                    If a border poll was to result in a vote to remain in the UK then the trouble in store would be far worse than whatever problems there will be making ourselves a country fit for a million unionists to be comfortable in.

Comment

one new Wolfe Tones tune released in the run up and you'll be dressed in a barrel dancing for nickels.
                                                                                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Voting for reasoned fiscal arguments dosnt really seem to be in fashion at the moment.

The reason most people vote are, they have always voted that way as did their parents, they don’t like change and they don’t like a group of people.

The no side would be better off saying that bowlers hats will he made mandatory, the dup are going to be in charge of education and that water charges will be put in place to pay for the transition.

Comment

Imagine the DUP and the Healy-Reas in the Dail at the same time

Comment

I was reading an article earlier and came across a European Manifesto from Thomas Piketty author of Capital in 21st Century, pretty interesting given the current state of affairs.
                                                                                                            http://tdem.eu it's in English too

Comment

Neil (but can’t get back up) Young (but old) and Bob Zimmerframe coming to Kilkenny in July.

Hopefully all 3 of us are alive for the gig.

Comment

Imagine the DUP and the Healy-Reas in the Dail at the same time
                                                                                                                Serious retaliation by Downing Street for Ireland not playing along to stick us with the north and the dup.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                                                  There's definitely a few posters here that still look at theory so perhaps they will add more but I use https://www.snapshove.com I'm sure there's more up to date stuff but it's a decent resource imo.
                                                                                                                  Thanks. Just curious to read up prior to the annual Christmas party shovefest

Comment

We are not ready for re-unification. To do this properly we need to start the process now and begin to have a public discussion about what re-unification actually means. Because I don't think most people in Ireland really understand what it means.

It doesn't mean they come into our country and we go on as before with some new arrangements for the north. In reality it means a whole new constitutional settlement with new flag, anthem, parliament, police force, judiciary, civil service, army, etc.

This is a much more difficult question than most people south of the border are prepared to answer.
                                                                                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                                      We are not ready for re-unification. To do this properly we need to start the process now and begin to have a public discussion about what re-unification actually means. Because I don't think most people in Ireland really understand what it means.

It doesn't mean they come into our country and we go on as before with some new arrangements for the north. In reality it means a whole new constitutional settlement with new flag, anthem, parliament, police force, judiciary, civil service, army, etc.

This is a much more difficult question than most people south of the border are prepared to answer.
                                                                                                                      I definitely agree - like how do you merge the two armies is on its own a mammoth task that could take years to figure out. And clearly a new constitution and all that entails would be needed.

I'd assume in this case though that the actual vote for unification would take place before all this is hammered out, after which the process of re-unification takes maybe 15 years to fully happen.
                                                                                                                      I don't think we could do our usual of publishing a relatively detailed Oireachtas Bill and then putting the vote to the people - it's just too big and expensive a task to have every detail worked out beforehand.

Comment

Hmm k

Comment

If we could get the land without any of the people of the north, I'd vote for it. Otherwise, not so much.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X