MY ROUND 2 BET (5 team accum) is :

All-Ireland football qualifiers:

Fermanagh
    Monaghan
    Meath
    Laois

All-ireland hurling qualifier:

Antrim
    Thanks Enzo. Gooners if these are indeed for next weekend, let me know as soon as they are available to bet on Bet365. Thanks.
    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
      ***BET PLACED***

Blues have already ran but got the treble:

1 Bulls @ 4/11
      2 Stormers -7.0 @ 10/11
      3 Crusaders @ 2/7
      Multiple Bets
      1 x 38.28 Trebles
      Stake: 38.28
      Potential Winnings: 89.85
      Bulls let us down unfortunately.
      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

[QUOTE=luckforsome;342350]...I'm Looking to put my 20 euro bet on a Boxing double...

18 Jun 22:00 Martin Murray v Nick Blackwell under 9.5 rounds 5/4
        19 Jun 04:00 Saul Alvarez v Ryan Rhodes under 9.5 rounds 5/6

...Both Martin Murray and Saul Alarez will win their fights...Cant see these fights going into the latter rounds...QUOTE]

Sorry Lads Bet Lost... Murray knocked blackwell out early.. but Alvarez only knocked him ou in the 12th. Thought he woulda got him out earlier, had him dow in fight and was in complete control.. But Rhodes was a stubborn fuck..

Comment

I've put my €18.18 on Nadal to win Wimbledon.

***BET PLACED***
          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I've put my €18.18 on Nadal to win Wimbledon.

***BET PLACED***
            How much do I have to bet with this round Andy?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
              How much do I have to bet with this round Andy?
              About 1 fiddy at this stage!

Comment

How close to busto are we at the moment

Comment

Gonna stick my €18.18 on:

Gaelic
                  Fermanagh to beat London @ 4/11
                  Sligo to beat Wicklow @ 8/11
                  Meath to beat Louth @ 1/2

Hurling
                  Kilkenny to beat Dublin @ 4/9

Accumulator = 4.1/1

Leave it for a day Andy in case anyone thinks that's bad value or doesn't like the look of any match. Another option would be to add this, just didn't feel it myself but could add if any others thought it was worth it:

Gaelic
                  Kerry to beat Cork @ 23/20

Accumulator = 9.97/1

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post

Gaelic

Hurling

Accumulator = 4.1/1

Leave it for a day Andy in case anyone thinks that's bad value or doesn't like the look of any match. Another option would be to add this, just didn't feel it myself but could add if any others thought it was worth it:

Gaelic

Accumulator = 9.97/1
                    I like Kerry to beat Cork, don't have any issue with the rest of the selections.

Good idea to post bets and have people talk about them to try and get back on track imo.

Comment

Gaelic

Hurling

Accumulator = 4.1/1

Gaelic

Accumulator = 9.97/1
                      GAA is a stupid sport to wager on

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                        GAA is a stupid sport to wager on
                        Why?

Comment

Why?
                          Cause its a stupid sport. Full Stop

Comment

Cause its a stupid sport. Full Stop
                            Are you just being Finkel or do you genuinely think it's a bad sport to bet on?

This is a real question, I'm trying to be a better better

Comment

dixies dream 7.10 windsor 18.82 to win please
                              Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Are you just being Finkel or do you genuinely think it's a bad sport to bet on?

This is a real question, I'm trying to be a better better
                                Ive never made a GAA bet in my life, its about the only thing possible that ive never bet on.

Comment

...Just wondering would this be a possible idea...
                                  We've been on a record bad run, and the 3rd round looks like being a very small anount of each of us atm... I'd suggest putting more money into it...Maybe even just 10euro each...Were bound to start getting things to go our way, so maybe top up the kitty a tiny bit...would be a shame ti pick a 4/1 shot in ound 3 and have a total of 60cent on it...
                                  ...As said, just a suggestion...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                    We've been on a record bad run, and the 3rd round looks like being a very small anount of each of us atm... I'd suggest putting more money into it...Maybe even just 10euro each...Were bound to start getting things to go our way, so maybe top up the kitty a tiny bit...would be a shame ti pick a 4/1 shot in ound 3 and have a total of 60cent on it...
                                    I think it's more a case of the other syndicate ran particularly hot early on with multiples rather than you guys running particularly badly. I'd imagine it's near on impossible to be profitable in the long run backing accums which is what the majority of bets in this thread are.
                                    Profit before people.

Comment

yup, see what we've left after this round and suggest a top-up. +1

Comment

Were bound to start getting things to go our way
                                        music to paddys ears

Comment

I dunno, I wouldn't be in a mad rush to stick more money into this considering some of the bets people have made and the lack of reasoning or rationale behind them.

Something like this is a losing proposition unless the people involved are willing to do a little bit of work and look for value, so far a lot of it has just been spew.

See the MMA bets for an example of the type of thing people ought to be doing more of imo:

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                          UFC Betting
                                          8 fold accum - 10 euro
                                          Heavyweight bout: Junior dos Santos vs. Shane Carwin
                                          Featherweight bout: Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes
                                          Middleweight bout: Demian Maia vs. Mark Muñoz
                                          Heavyweight bout: Jon Olav Einemo vs. Dave Herman
                                          Lightweight bout: Donald Cerrone vs. Vagner Rocha
                                          Lightweight bout: Sam Stout vs. Yves Edwards
                                          Middleweight bout: Jesse Bongfeldt vs. Chris Weidman
                                          Featherweight bout: Dustin Poirier vs. Jason Young
                                          Returns approx 200euro

4 fold accum - 10 euro
                                          Heavyweight bout: Junior dos Santos vs. Shane Carwin
                                          Featherweight bout: Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes
                                          Heavyweight bout: Jon Olav Einemo vs. Dave Herman
                                          Lightweight bout: Donald Cerrone vs. Vagner Rocha
                                          Returns approx 38 euro

This fight isn't there yet, but if it comes up my the time you are palcing, included it in both please
                                          Light Heavyweight bout: Krzysztof Soszynski vs. Mike Massenzio
                                          Originally posted by DJKendo View Post
                                          ^^ Good bet, the 8 fold, I can see Edwards beating Stout though.

Sorry I didn't ship for this..just didn't get a chance..best of luck with it though
                                          Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                          I think Stout is good for it, he just plough on most of the time.
                                          I think Maia is a great price, should be fav imo. His BJJ is off the scale and will destroy Munoz on the ground. He hasn't used it much in his last fight and has worked out stand up, I'm expecting it to be toe to toe striking for the first, and Maia to get a take down from cage clinch and get the sub in R2.

Actually a little worried about JDS. Carwin looks great coming into this. He has cut from 285lbs down to about 255, mostly fat loss which will inevitably give him a bigger gas tank.

Comment

Also the bankroll management is pretty dire here. If you go on a downswing early you've got to lower your betsizing in proportion to the bankroll instead of ploughing on betting at the same stake regardless. I know that's difficult giving the syndicate element but has to be done for long term sustainability. Whether you use a basic 10% rule or Kelly Criterion or make up your own formulae you need to decide on some sort of bankroll plan because no matter how good your picks are you'd always go busto eventually the way it is at the moment.
                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by healwayscallsmedonkey View Post
                                              dixies dream 7.10 windsor 18.82 to win please
                                              ***BET PLACED***

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                Also the bankroll management is pretty dire here. If you go on a downswing early you've got to lower your betsizing in proportion to the bankroll instead of ploughing on betting at the same stake regardless. I know that's difficult giving the syndicate element but has to be done for long term sustainability. Whether you use a basic 10% rule or Kelly Criterion or make up your own formulae you need to decide on some sort of bankroll plan because no matter how good your picks are you'd always go busto eventually the way it is at the moment.
                                                This isn't a bad idea. If we make it that only half your share is available to bet each round then we can never go sompletely busto. We'll see what happens with the rest of this round, but I expect we'll need to top up and then proceed from there.

We have 188.25 left in the account, all of which is bonus. And one unsettled 18.18 bet.

GAA bets aren't available yet so nothing placed.

Here's the status:

1. AndyFatBastard - €18.28 - unsettled
                                                2. The Hurricane - €18.28 - lost
                                                3. Luckforsome - €38.28 - lost 20 - 18.28 left
                                                4. Eagle Eye - €38.28 - lost
                                                5. Shano_88 - €38.28 - lost €20 - €18.28 left
                                                6. Flushdraw - €18.28 - lost
                                                7. Connie147 - €18.28
                                                8. Donk Magnet - €18.28 - lost
                                                9. Keane - €38.28
                                                10. Mellor - €18.28
                                                11. Bubbleking - €18.28 - lost
                                                12. NuckChorris - €18.28
                                                13. SuperGoonars - €18.28
                                                14. InsanoDude - €18.28
                                                15. healwayscallsmedonkey - €18.28 - bet placed
                                                Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 20-06-11, 18:16.

Comment

This isn't a bad idea. If we make it that only half your share is available to bet each round then we can never go sompletely busto. We'll see what happens with the rest of this round, but I expect we'll need to top up and then proceed from there.

We have 188.25 left in the account, all of which is bonus. And one unsettled 18.18 bet.
                                                  If we drop much more in this round, i wouldn't worry about halving bets. I'd rather go broke and open a new account with a new €200 bonus, or else see if we can get back to €400 and then play it half bet or put some stipulation in place

As it is, if we only have less than €100 in the account and we can only bet half then people will go broke quicker trying to put their €3 on a 15 team accumulator

Comment

Enough of this defeatist attitude. Still plenty of bets to go in this round, and maybe they will all be winning ones

If we do go bust, then so be it. Lets just fire up again. But people are posting on here like we are gone busto, and we are not!!

So lets wait for the remainder of the bets to be struck and played out and see what happens then. We dont want to put people under pressure trying to put on monster accums to try and "save" the syndicate. Bet your normal bet.

Connie
                                                    Last edited by connie147; 20-06-11, 23:03.

Comment

mixede up my dates for UFC 132, its the following weekend, Pretty class card.
                                                      So great viewing, but so many fights close, I suppsoe that means better odds, but it'll be less fighters this time. Time to start research fighters current shape

Comment

Originally posted by supergooners View Post
                                                        MY ROUND 2 BET (5 team accum) is :

All-Ireland football qualifiers:

Fermanagh
                                                        Monaghan
                                                        Meath
                                                        Laois

All-ireland hurling qualifier:

Antrim
                                                        ***BET PLACED***

Comment

Gaelic

Hurling

Accumulator = 4.1/1

Gaelic

Accumulator = 9.97/1
                                                          ***BET PLACED

Note I've left out Kerry.

Comment

Can someone please put their share on Wozniacki to win the wimmen's tennis?

Comment

Put my extra from last round on it.

Comment

My Bet for round 2

Across the globe for my 4 timer this week please.

Euro u-21's final. Switzerland 3/1 (draw no bet) 25th June, 19.45pm

MSL soccer, USA FC Dallas 8/13 to win at home to Portland Timbers 26th June 01.30am

Wimbledon Tennis (Saturday morning)

Llodra to beat Yen-Hsun Lu 2/5
                                                                Youzhny to beat Almagro 1/2

Comment

UFC betting isn't availible for this weekend, i'll have to wait,

i'll prob do a few picks anyway and stick them in the MMA thread later

Comment

Put my extra from last round on it.
                                                                    Excellent. Unfortunately the price has come in a fair bit:

***BET PLACED***
                                                                    1 Caroline Wozniacki @ 15/2
                                                                    Stake: 20.00 Single
                                                                    Potential Winnings: 150.00

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post

MSL soccer, USA FC Dallas 8/13 to win at home to Portland Timbers 26th June 01.30am

***BET PLACED***

1 Switzerland U21 @ 11/4
                                                                      2 FC Dallas @ 8/13
                                                                      3 Michael Llodra @ 2/5
                                                                      4 Mikhail Youzhny @ 8/15
                                                                      Multiple Bets
                                                                      1 x 18.18 4 Folds
                                                                      Stake: 18.18
                                                                      Potential Winnings: 218.23

Comment

Is my bet just riding on the 4 football matches,or did u manage 2 get it on in time for the Antrim hurling match aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by supergooners View Post
                                                                          Is my bet just riding on the 4 football matches,or did u manage 2 get it on in time for the Antrim hurling match aswell.
                                                                          By the time I saw the selection, Antrim had already won.

Comment

No probs was jst wondering cheers.

Comment

Gaa- Football
                                                                              Kildare +2.0 11/10
                                                                              Tyrone -2.0 1/1

Can i have my €18.28 on that please

Comment

Originally posted by Insanodude View Post
                                                                                Gaa- Football
                                                                                Kildare +2.0 11/10
                                                                                Tyrone -2.0 1/1

Can i have my €18.28 on that please
                                                                                ***BET PLACED***

Comment

QQ for you angry.
                                                                                  The lads in the club are on to me to set up a similar syndicate in the club for them for the craic. So 12 names and money gathered, only thing left to do now is to go and set up a bet 365 account.
                                                                                  Anything special I need to do when Im signing up in order to avail of the 200 bonus? And does the 200 bonus get automatically released into the betting account after x amounts of bets have been placed?

Thnx in advance

Connie

Comment

Do I still have money to put on or am I done?

Comment

Current status:

1. AndyFatBastard - €18.28 - bet placed
                                                                                      7. Connie147 - €18.28 - bet placed
                                                                                      9. Keane - €38.28 - €20 placed - €18.28 left
                                                                                      10. Mellor - €18.28
                                                                                      12. NuckChorris - €18.28 - bet placed
                                                                                      13. SuperGoonars - €18.28 - bet placed
                                                                                      14. InsanoDude - €18.28 - bet placed
                                                                                      15. healwayscallsmedonkey - €18.28 - bet placed

Loads of bets to play out this weekend. I'll start round 3 on Monday with whatever the balance is at that time. No point having everyone hanging around for a few longer-term bets IMO.

Comment

Do I still have money to put on or am I done?
                                                                                        Your request to have your loots shipped on SoYouThink wasn't noticed in R1 so you've still got 18.28 to spunk on some random nag.

Comment

Looks like Fermanagh have fucked us up good.

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post

Bet still running. Llodra and Youzhny have just won their tennis matches. So we can sweat the u-21 final now.
                                                                                            I think 11/4 is a very good price on the swiss. They have been my fancy since the off. I know spain play pretty football, but 11/4 with a draw no bet seemed good value to me. Heres hoping anyway.

Connie

Comment

Not looking good at the moment for us. Man, we suck so bad at this betting lark!

Comment

Sweat over. Bah, well beaten tbh. Sure theres always next time.

Comment

Status:

1. AndyFatBastard - €18.28 - bet placed
                                                                                                  7. Connie147 - €18.28 - bet placed
                                                                                                  9. Keane - €38.28 - €20 lost - €18.28 left
                                                                                                  10. Mellor - €18.28
                                                                                                  12. NuckChorris - €18.28 - lost
                                                                                                  13. SuperGoonars - €18.28 - lost
                                                                                                  14. InsanoDude - €18.28 - lost
                                                                                                  15. healwayscallsmedonkey - €18.28 - lost

I don't think there's much point in starting Round 2 now with ~€20* to split between 15 of us, so we may as well wait for th4e bets to settle and for everyone to spend their dough and see where we stand after that. So we're waiting on Mellor, Keane, LuckForSome and Shano_88. No pressure lads. Oh and the end of Wimbledon.

*I obviously made some miscalculation at some point, because there's ~€20 left in the account once the above 4 lads have had their bets. Not sure how tbh, but not gonna complain.

Edit: Just heard Wozniacki's gone from Wimbledon.
                                                                                                  Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 27-06-11, 15:47.

Comment

Wozniacki lost.

Comment

This has not gone well! Definitely on for a bit of a brainstorming session after this round is complete.

Comment

This has not gone well! Definitely on for a bit of a brainstorming session after this round is complete.
                                                                                                        defo +1 think we should do a voting system on bets

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                                                                                                          defo +1 think we should do a voting system on bets
                                                                                                          You need take more than 2 minutes before lashing you dough onto the first possible 4 horse acca

Comment

You need take more than 2 minutes before lashing you dough onto the first possible 4 horse acca
                                                                                                            i know but alot of people done the same just need to cop myself on

Comment

If everyone puts another 20 in and let's me make all the wagers, we will have many profits and a free Christmas for all

Comment

If everyone puts another 20 in and let's me make all the wagers, we will have many profits and a free Christmas for all
                                                                                                                I think Hurricane just volunteered to open a new account and manage all the deposits and bets from here on in. Thanks Richie.

Comment

I don't think there's much point in starting Round 2 now with ~€20* to split between 15 of us, so we may as well wait for th4e bets to settle and for everyone to spend their dough and see where we stand after that. So we're waiting on Mellor, Keane, LuckForSome and Shano_88. No pressure lads. Oh and the end of Wimbledon.

*I obviously made some miscalculation at some point, because there's ~€20 left in the account once the above 4 lads have had their bets. Not sure how tbh, but not gonna complain.
                                                                                                                  IMO, if we drop lower than a balance of €60 (€4 per man), we should just split it 5 ways and only put these 5 bets on (@ €12 e.g) until we get a bankroll of at least €5 per man. We could use random.org to choose 5 people or each person could still put up their selections, and between us we choose our favourite 5 selections.

It's going to be a disaster if we're putting on a ton of €3 bets each

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                    IMO, if we drop lower than a balance of €60 (€4 per man), we should just split it 5 ways and only put these 5 bets on (@ €12 e.g) until we get a bankroll of at least €5 per man. We could use random.org to choose 5 people or each person could still put up their selections, and between us we choose our favourite 5 selections.

It's going to be a disaster if we're putting on a ton of €3 bets each
                                                                                                                    how abt if its comes to that theres only gonna be 5 bets the lads that had winners get to use them?

Comment

how abt if its comes to that theres only gonna be 5 bets the lads that had winners get to use them?
                                                                                                                      I like this plan.

Comment

I like this plan.
                                                                                                                        Don't like it.

Most of us picked at least a 3/1 bet. I don't think it takes any great skills to back a 4/7 winner. I'd prefer a group/random pick. Anyways, we probably won't even have 5 people that backed winners

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                          Don't like it.

Most of us picked at least a 3/1 bet. I don't think it takes any great skills to back a 4/7 winner. I'd prefer a group/random pick. Anyways, we probably won't even have 5 people that backed winners
                                                                                                                          Any winner is worth more than any loser. important thing to reflect on!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X