Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone recommend an android tablet? I just want something to put Kodi on for the bedroom so probably doesn't need to be anything great, although I suppose decent screen would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      Opals were definitely more chewy. Also cinema bonbons. A curse on whoever decided that cinema bonbons should change from challenging toffee jawbreakers to a fudge-like consistency.
      I could live with Wham bars getting smaller and more expensive but when they started fucking with the fizzy bit to chewy stuff ratio I had to bail on them. Barely a fizzy bit to be seen these days.

Comment

Did Lynes from Queen Mary College just tell Paxman that she's doing a MD in sphincter preservation
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Rte show about concussion in rugby on rte 1 now.

Comment

Cormier v Gustafasson replay just starting on 3e now.

Comment

Cheers for the invite Danny, pulled the trigger and looking forward to it now.

Need to contact the courier to delete a line in the address doh, one line from Parcel Motel stayed on it form last years order. Tilting!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

The only way they could get UPC to Virgin UK levels is if they went into the Dublin servers warehouse and started attacking the servers with a mallet.
                  Branson is fucked. He didnt do his research well at all. I officially start selling Thursday
                  Her sky-ness
                  © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

Comment

Not really feeling any sense of difficulty with Kid2. Is that normal? That all the stress is felt for the first child and then you enjoy the subsequent ones. Starting a few days off today and myself and the wife are planning what to do that might be fun, whereas with Kid1 those few days were like some desperate attempt to barely stay ahead of the game and grab a few minutes sleep where possible.
                        I've only one but, now that he is very active, I keep thinking what was all the panic about when he just slept, ate and shat.

Comment

Comment

Not really feeling any sense of difficulty with Kid2. Is that normal? That all the stress is felt for the first child and then you enjoy the subsequent ones. Starting a few days off today and myself and the wife are planning what to do that might be fun, whereas with Kid1 those few days were like some desperate attempt to barely stay ahead of the game and grab a few minutes sleep where possible.
                            Think there's probably enough of a gap between yours for it to be a bit more civilised. Still, not sure how anyone thinks babies aren't the worst thing ever.

Comment

this is why kid number one is usually the neurotic one as he carries the angst of the parents. Number 2 is grand as parents are now more relaxed about the whole bringing up kids until number 3 comes along. He then starts developing jealous and neurotic streaks. Numbers 3+ are chill and take everything in their stride.

Here ends parenting 101

Comment

Z Nation

On season 2 already. It is so much stupid crazy fun, it is really brilliant. I was very skeptical about it but it has completely won me over. It is acting as a really nice counterbalance to TWD and FTWD.

Z Nation
                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                  Anyone recommend an android tablet? I just want something to put Kodi on for the bedroom so probably doesn't need to be anything great, although I suppose decent screen would be good.
                                  Probably overkill for you but nexus 9 is on sale for 250 atm. (personally waiting for the 32gig) http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2057501549

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                    this is why kid number one is usually the neurotic one as he carries the angst of the parents. Number 2 is grand as parents are now more relaxed about the whole bringing up kids until number 3 comes along. He then starts developing jealous and neurotic streaks. Numbers 3+ are chill and take everything in their stride.

Here ends parenting 101
                                    Da Mudders 11 offspring. (not saying which no I was)

no.1 - chilled but a leeds fan so full of angst on winter Saturdays
                                    no.2 - chilled but has no corny joke tolerance, and this achilles heel is targeted often
                                    no.3 - lunatic File was prepared by the DPP but DPP got scared
                                    no.4 - lunatic but has his reasons. nos 2 and 3 tormented him during WC78, never recovered.
                                    no.5 - chilled but lethal with a scissors (cut up everything clothes/curtians/guitar strings). also glass jaw to the embarassment of all the other numbers
                                    no.6 - lunatic , put on a denim jacket in 1975 and still wears them. In fairness jaw is not quite glass terrbile taste in music and walks like a gibbon.
                                    no.7 The 1st mammys boy and now only communicates in mono syllabels due to shock of marraige . A Notts Forest fan
                                    and played Rugby , thought he was Tony Ward but alas knee caved in due to mind of it's own at the breakdown
                                    Nn.8 Ah bless , should have been a Nun. (think Sister Act)
                                    No.9 Began toddlerhood by upending table of scalding liquid over himself , now tends to victims of same. Was great at attracting wimmin for us uglies to feed off. Serious mountain climber . most chilled of all .
                                    No.10 Toughie but softee, never mess with her though, seriously don't. This one time..
                                    No.11 RIP , one of those horible cot deaths that tear the innards from you.
                                    No 12. Not allowed as we locked da mudder away from the old man at nighttime. horny fecker.

Comment

Driver shot hit way right and heading straight for the three ball playing behind.
                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

Get back to us when the little tyke is mobile.
                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

More seating questions, anybody sat in the back left or right of the bord gais stalls? View still looks pretty good?

Thinking of heading to the curious incident of the dog in the nighttime.

What is the deal with boxes, whenever I see them I think they must be a terrible view, is it just to be clear of the unclean masses?

Comment

Lol mayo, what a bunch of little divas

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                Lol mayo, what a bunch of little divas
                                                something new come out?

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                  something new come out?
                                                  Nah nothing new,was just reading an article about it this morn

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                    Saw this in the cinema. Highly recommended.
                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

2*£25 tix for SA v USA tomorrow night if anyone interested
                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                        2*£25 tix for SA v USA tomorrow night if anyone interested
                                                        oooh, tempting

Comment

4/5 Germans want border controls,59% think Merkel was wrong to throw the doors open

Hasn't been a peep about this from the Irish Times handwringers

Comment

Comment

Comment

But here, awkwardly, is an article from the Irish Times yesterday on the topic: http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world...nity-1.2378603
                                                                Impressed at the dedication taken to find that article and make me look like a prick

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                    Cheers for the invite Danny, pulled the trigger and looking forward to it now.

Need to contact the courier to delete a line in the address doh, one line from Parcel Motel stayed on it form last years order. Tilting!
                                                                    I did the same, it was no problem
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

More seating questions, anybody sat in the back left or right of the bord gais stalls? View still looks pretty good?

What is the deal with boxes, whenever I see them I think they must be a terrible view, is it just to be clear of the unclean masses?
                                                                      Have sat in the back rows a few times there, no worries, the view is still pretty good - obviously not as good as closer to the front, since it's a bit place!

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                        4/5 Germans want border controls,59% think Merkel was wrong to throw the doors open

Hasn't been a peep about this from the Irish Times handwringers
                                                                        they'll be glad of it when their pensions are being paid.
                                                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                          Immigrants coming over here, taking our jobs and breeding like rabbits. All this to allow us to be able to retire comfortably.

Germany secretly funding ISIS. Must drop this into the conspiracy thread on boards.

Comment

Hand on heart do you honestly think the hordes sub Saharan Africans afghans and some Syrians screaming Allah snack bar are going to contribute more than they cost in a lifetime your fucking deluded.

Comment

What shop in city centre would I get one of these?

airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                Hand on heart do you honestly think the hordes sub Saharan Africans afghans and some Syrians screaming Allah snack bar are going to contribute more than they cost in a lifetime your fucking deluded.
                                                                                That's sooo clever. You took Allahu Akbar and changed the words to Allah snack bar.
                                                                                Sooo clever! Really, Akbar snack bar....soooo funny and sooooo clever.
                                                                                It's like wow, snack bar. I know those, the little chocolate bars...hahahha it rhymes, It rhymes with Akbar. I've never heard that before, because you know, you took snack bar, two words we all know and rhymed it with Akbar another word we only kinda know because it's something those brown muslims use. Ho Ho, maybe they'll contribute enough to buy a snack bar what? You know, because they are lazy, those and them sub saharan black people.
                                                                                Allah snack bar....whew...that's good. I think I need a lie down
                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Stars rubbing in the Scottish "No" vote a little....

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                    That's sooo clever. You took Allahu Akbar and changed the words to Allah snack bar.
                                                                                    Sooo clever! Really, Akbar snack bar....soooo funny and sooooo clever.
                                                                                    It's like wow, snack bar. I know those, the little chocolate bars...hahahha it rhymes, It rhymes with Akbar. I've never heard that before, because you know, you took snack bar, two words we all know and rhymed it with Akbar another word we only kinda know because it's something those brown muslims use. Ho Ho, maybe they'll contribute enough to buy a snack bar what? You know, because they are lazy, those and them sub saharan black people.
                                                                                    Allah snack bar....whew...that's good. I think I need a lie down
                                                                                    Brendan Venter gives a strange interview to Sky Sports after Saracens lose 21-24 to Racing Metro 92 in the Heineken Cup on December 11th 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

Why would uou want to spend money on something so cost effective and simple when you could blow a wad on a Nespresso that won't last a fraction of the time and pay through the nose for their grand cru blends?

Comment

Factories need people to work them, hospitals need porters, Engineers need block layers etc etc.

This is not even counting the fact that syria was a reasonably well built and educated country and the mass migration is the middle class mainly. The rich had left a while a go on planes, the really poor cant afford to make the trip.

The Allah snack bar guys as you so nicely put it are the guys who joined ISIS so those guys would not contribute much. The ordinary joes will take a job for now and most will head home when the problems in Syria are resolved. Same as Croatians briefly set up camp in Italy 20 years ago but 90% went home after their country stopped being a war zone

Should proper vetting be in place - absolutely. I would certainly demand finger prints and DNA from every refugee. I would personally be happy for everyone in Ireland to provide the state with this anyway.

A good way to create more Islamist extremists would be to set up razor wire around Europe and machine gun them as they try and escape ISIS. A good way to build a nice friendly buffer state is to take the Syrians in, clean out ISIS and then let them go home. Hearts and minds I think the US army calls it.

Comment

Arnotts. You can also occasionally get them in tk maxx, lidl, tesco, ikea, argos, debenhams etc.

"Bialetti moka pot" is your man.

Comment

Arnotts. You can also occasionally get them in tk maxx, lidl, tesco, ikea, argos, debenhams etc.

also in brown thomas or that cookware shop next to the gaiety opposite the stephens green shopping centre

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                              Factories need people to work them, hospitals need porters, Engineers need block layers etc etc.

This is not even counting the fact that syria was a reasonably well built and educated country and the mass migration is the middle class mainly. The rich had left a while a go on planes, the really poor cant afford to make the trip.

The Allah snack bar guys as you so nicely put it are the guys who joined ISIS so those guys would not contribute much. The ordinary joes will take a job for now and most will head home when the problems in Syria are resolved. Same as Croatians briefly set up camp in Italy 20 years ago but 90% went home after their country stopped being a war zone

Should proper vetting be in place - absolutely. I would certainly demand finger prints and DNA from every refugee. I would personally be happy for everyone in Ireland to provide the state with this anyway.

A good way to create more Islamist extremists would be to set up razor wire around Europe and machine gun them as they try and escape ISIS. A good way to build a nice friendly buffer state is to take the Syrians in, clean out ISIS and then let them go home. Hearts and minds I think the US army calls it.
                                                                                              Europe does not need factory workers 10s of millions unemployed here. By all means take in Syrians real refugees not chancers who line the pockets of people smugglers. The real culprits in this are the nato country's who toppled gaddafi and bankrolled anti Assad forces. Thankfully Putins airforce is sending done of them to there bundles of virgins.

Comment

you're.

Comment

...

Comment

Probably overkill for you but nexus 9 is on sale for 250 atm. (personally waiting for the 32gig) http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2057501549
                                                                                                    Yeah that's way more than I'm looking to spend I think. At that price I might as well just buy a small TV and an Android box. Actually that's not the worst idea ever...

Comment

Have you tried the Duty Free at the airport, where you work?

Comment

The core advantage of Nespresso is you can wake up, press a button, and 30 seconds later have a nice coffee. You're paying for that morning-speed-to-caffeine rather than anything gourmet.
                                                                                                        My hand grinder and French press combo will keep me buzzing when the brown outs/esb strikes/apocalypse arrives

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                          Yeah that's way more than I'm looking to spend I think. At that price I might as well just buy a small TV and an Android box. Actually that's not the worst idea ever...
                                                                                                          check hotukdeals.co.uk, there are always loads of tablets popping up with very decent specs and not pricey at all. Pretty sure i've even seen the nexus 9 for £100 or so

Comment

Cheers. The current one is in a bad way.
                                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Have you tried the Duty Free at the airport, where you work?
                                                                                                              No work for a while m8, and I'd rarely make it up that far
                                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                                  Hearts and minds I think the US army calls it.
                                                                                                                  And a fine history of success that has.

Just look at Vietn....oh wait, don't. Iraq, nooooooo.

Um, Grenada?
                                                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                    And a fine history of success that has.

Just look at Vietn....oh wait, don't. Iraq, nooooooo.

Um, Grenada?
                                                                                                                    I didnt say they were good.

You get the idea. Send millions of gratefull Syrians home, shocked by how fundamentalism of Islam results in rape and slavery whilst the athesists of the west helped them out.

You then hope that they remember, put in prowestern govts and we have a buffer between the East and the Middle east, an oil rich country and taken away a fertile recruitment ground for religious crazies.

Comment

I can't comprehend how a gun owning adult would have the weapon available and loaded. You need to be a whole other level of stupid to allow this to happen.
                                                                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                                        Just bought all my gear for my Ice Hockey season, its pretty damn expensive.

Cannot wait to get started though. Complete beginner (obv) and have skated probably twice in my life.
                                                                                                                        First session last night.

Some craic. Goon squad.

Actual hockey part not as difficult as I'd imagined but stopping in any controlled manner is above me yet. Barrell rolls, knee slides and the boards are my new friends. Took a puck to the thigh too, holy shit, lucky I was wearing pads.

Best Irish Ice Hockey player ever obv
                                                                                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                                          http://www.thejournal.ie/shooting-te...70305-Oct2015/

I can't comprehend how a gun owning adult would have the weapon available and loaded. You need to be a whole other level of stupid to allow this to happen.
                                                                                                                          murica dude. fuckin morons

there was another shooting same day as the oregon one, in florida, where one man shot and killed 4 people. Barely got any media coverage due to Oregon.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X