This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
    Any serious tea drinkers would have nothing less than this beauty. As far as I am concerned it is the Rolls Royce of Tea.

http://www.shopdrury.com/product.asp...D=170&P_ID=494
    What colour is your favourite mug?
    Do you use a teapot? If so, what colour is it?
    Do you adulterate your tea with sugar?

These are the important questions for the BBV today,if people could post photos of their mugs and pots that would be great.
    Last edited by Emmet; 23-06-11, 10:45.

Comment

R111: Hi Joe, this is R111 in D1 calling, I've been listening to this show with my kettle and myself simply boiling over. I just had to ring to have my say.
      Joe : Hello R2D2
      R111 :IT's R3 in D1 Joe. Ahem, My point is, I've been swimming in the pool every morning and I've seen nothing, absolutely nothing of the type of shenanigens your last caller spoke of, lies all lies.
      Joe : go on , go on
      R111 : Bertie has been in that place one maybe twice at most this past 6 months and not once did anyone beat him with a knotted towel
      Joe : So you are saying the other caller is a liar?
      Bertie : In facta Joe, the voice sound very familiar Joe Keep him away Joe. KEEP HIM AWAY.
      R111 : Stay out of the pool Bertie, and more importantly stay away from me and Senator Norris
      Bertie : You called him CHuck so I thought it was, then I saw. Jayz Joe my eyes were bleedin bleedin, then they got the knotted towels. . .
      Joe : Terrible, terrible.
      R111 : Gotta go, doorbell. Oh hello Chuck.. ?

Comment

^^Its an insult to ask proper tea drinkers do they take sugar.

Yes to teapot. Its big and stainless steal

Mug is blue with darker blue stripes.
        Last edited by The Situation; 23-06-11, 10:53.
        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
          ^^Its an insult to asks proper tea drinker do they take sugar.

What about milk?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
              What about milk?
              Acceptable, but only a dribble.
              Profit before people.

Comment

^^Its an insult to asks proper tea drinker do they take sugar.

Sounds like a classy mug.

Mines a black and White polkadot bucket

Comment

I like half a sugar in my tea and to hell with all you anti sugar types, small drop of milked and brewed to a dangerously strong level.

Tea pot is of course preferable if you have company with metal ones being my preference ver the traditional china.

My favourite cup is black with nothing else on it but twice the size of an ordinary cup and so it is a practical choice rather than for the visuals.

Comment

WANT

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Anyone seen Four Rooms on Channel 4?
                      Sounds like something we'd like, an intelligent cross of Deal Or No Deal, Dragons Den and Antiques Roadshow with lots of good gambling theory.

** My understanding of the game **.
                      4 rooms, all with an antique dealer.
                      I possess some rare item, lets say a packet of Jacobian Gold Blend Tea Bags.
                      I go to RoomOne, try to sell and the antique dealer in that room may or may not make me an offer. If I refuse that offer is gone for good. If I accept its game over.
                      As long as I refuse a deal I can visit the other 3 rooms and may get a better or worse (or no) offer from the other dealers. But the only offer I can accept is the one from the room I am currently in.
                      The dealers are also acting completely independently of (and in competition with) each other.

Monday evening C4. Haven't seen it myself so may not be entirely accurate summary.

Comment

Good year for the FBI, they've got two of their top ten most wanted, Whitey Bulger arrested.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                          Anyone seen Four Rooms on Channel 4?
                          Sounds like something we'd like, an intelligent cross of Deal Or No Deal, Dragons Den and Antiques Roadshow with lots of good gambling theory.

** My understanding of the game **.
                          4 rooms, all with an antique dealer.
                          I possess some rare item, lets say a packet of Jacobian Gold Blend Tea Bags.
                          I go to RoomOne, try to sell and the antique dealer in that room may or may not make me an offer. If I refuse that offer is gone for good. If I accept its game over.
                          As long as I refuse a deal I can visit the other 3 rooms and may get a better or worse (or no) offer from the other dealers. But the only offer I can accept is the one from the room I am currently in.
                          The dealers are also acting completely independently of (and in competition with) each other.

Monday evening C4. Haven't seen it myself so may not be entirely accurate summary.
                          The problem with that format from the sound of it like most of these things to fill out the time the seller would have to get to the fourth room.

I'd love to go on DonD and just go Box 1 2 3 4 ... 24 and not engage with him at all . Program would be over in 2 mins
                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Got around to watching O Brother Where Art Thou the other night.

What an absolute gem of a movie. Exactly what I was looking for that time I accidentally watched Deliverance

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                              Ya, this is probably not going to make a difference, as evidenced by the interruption 5 minutes after I did this.

I know what is causing is, but not what is causing the thing that is causing it, if you get my meaning. For some reason occasionally we get a spike of concurrent processes that won't die, and we are only allowed 25 concurrent ones at a time, otherwise we get that error we keep seeing. I don't know what is causing the processes not to die like they normally do though. I've been assured it isn't a server issue causing it, but I'm not convinced that it isn't something there anyhow. I'm trying to find out on vbulletin support forums, but help so far has been underwhelming.

I'm investigating moving host anyhow as part of this thing anyhow. This is probably more frustrating for us (and me in particular) than it is for everyone else, but that is little consolation I fear.
                              Tried to post last night and it all crashed. If the site was to upgrade its service to say a dedicated server or something would you's get better services? Would say moving to a better package for a month or two be and idea to see how that goes?

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                              Have to ask, how interesting is it?
                              Originally posted by CHD View Post
                              I'm very interested in his reply

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                              Greatest cake ever?

SPOILER

It's totally safe for work, I'm just building suspense...
                              Pretty good cake in fairness, I think these are pretty awesome.

SPOILER

These cupcakes look wicked

SPOILER
                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                Good year for the FBI, they've got two of their top ten most wanted, Whitey Bulger arrested.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/topten
                                I heard Pat Kenny this morning laughing about how they described his 61 year old companion as his 'Girlfriend' reminded me of seeing Guy Clarke live and he introduced this great song as having being written about his Grandfather...well he wasn't so much my Grandfather as my Grandmother's Boyfriend

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                  The problem with that format from the sound of it like most of these things to fill out the time the seller would have to get to the fourth room.

I'd love to go on DonD and just go Box 1 2 3 4 ... 24 and not engage with him at all . Program would be over in 2 mins
                                  I think this was one of the best things about Who Wants To Be A Millionaire at the start. In DonD and various other similar shows we know that that one schmuck is going to be there for the next 50 minutes whereas with WWTBAM we never knew whether someone was going to mess up at <1000 and a new contestant would come on, or whether that player would be there til the end of the show and might even come back 'tomorrow'.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                    WANT

Monkey Island, yeah? Very cool and very, very, VERY nerdy - wearing those would be proclaiming your uber-nerdism to the world

I'd probably wear them. Would rather have Sam & Max ones instead though.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

That's all the program takes if you remove all the filler!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

WANT

They'd be a fine addition to my collection of nerdy apparel.

Comment

Some more details about the Ryan Dunn accident.

Dunn was driving at twice the legal limit, with authorities saying toxicology results put his blood alcohol concentration at 0.196 percent, while the legal state limit is 0.08.
                                          “The initial crash reconstruction investigation determined that Mr. Dunn’s vehicle was traveling between 132-140 mph at the time of the collision,” West Goshen Police Chief Michael Carroll said in a statement.

Comment

+1 for Darwin

Comment

BBV Advice needed here

Tony and I have had an ongoing problem with Sky screwing up our system. This has been going on since Oct last year where they messed up our HD system, somehow billed us for a second package. Then charged us 18 quid for an early cancellation fee for the second package we didn't have. They took the funds from us in January and I have been on to them about various problems since.

Each time they have no idea why I am on, nothing on the system to back up what I have said and each time they tell me I cancelled HD. Which I didn't.

Now, I got all my bills scanned and circled off the calls I made which came to over 100e and also the copy of bank statement with the 18e they took unauthorised on it. They came back and said they were giving us 22.75 as that is all they see as being owed

I wrote back strong emails saying I was insulted by it and the amount of money I have wasted on calls to them is disgraceful.

Yet again they are saying they don't see anything but 22.75 being due despite me sending 11 bills with everything circled.

Who can I report them to? when I googled they aren't under the same regulatory body as other Communication companies.

Any ideas? They are quick to take money off but not quick to refund!

Comment

Judge Judy

Comment

sounds like joe duffy mrs flushdraw.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                    Monkey Island, yeah? Very cool and very, very, VERY nerdy - wearing those would be proclaiming your uber-nerdism to the world
                                                    I don't think you've met me, have you?
                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                        That's all the program takes if you remove all the filler!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmZFHjQfx-o
                                                        1st guy didnt deal @40 odd k

LOL americans

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                          BBV Advice needed here

Tony and I have had an ongoing problem with Sky screwing up our system. Any ideas? They are quick to take money off but not quick to refund!
                                                          Small Claims Court maybe. Supposedly fairly hassle free and you seem to have a slamdunk case. Does cost €15 though.

Comment

WANT

Ha, it definitely worries me how much I want and would wear them. What a fucking game
                                                            "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                                              sounds like joe duffy mrs flushdraw.
                                                              I was hoping there was some governing body I could threaten them with. I know it is easy enough to go through the small claims court as well. Sometimes the actual serving of the papers is enough to let them know we mean business.

We had a shoddy job done in two rooms as the sub contract the work out to Skymasters here and they don't give a shit about it really. I might take a couple of photos and add them to my complaint as well as I already said to them I wasn't happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                Ha, it definitely worries me how much I want and would wear them. What a fucking game
                                                                Point-and-clicks are a lot of fun: I just bought this (plus the original Ben There, Dan That game) for €1 on Steam on Wednesday, can't wait to get stuck in!

Edit: Actually, if people like point-and-clicks, please do yourself a HUGE favour and buy this game - it is awesome! But please buy it (it costs very little on Steam, and is often on sale) rather than torrent it, we need to support the independent game developers.
                                                                Last edited by ionapaul; 23-06-11, 12:47.

Comment

I like the games where you have to type in stuff too.

I still play the original space quests occasionally. They are teh nuts

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                    BBV Advice needed here

Tony and I have had an ongoing problem with Sky screwing up our system. This has been going on since Oct last year where they messed up our HD system, somehow billed us for a second package. Then charged us 18 quid for an early cancellation fee for the second package we didn't have. They took the funds from us in January and I have been on to them about various problems since.

Each time they have no idea why I am on, nothing on the system to back up what I have said and each time they tell me I cancelled HD. Which I didn't.

Now, I got all my bills scanned and circled off the calls I made which came to over 100e and also the copy of bank statement with the 18e they took unauthorised on it. They came back and said they were giving us 22.75 as that is all they see as being owed

I wrote back strong emails saying I was insulted by it and the amount of money I have wasted on calls to them is disgraceful.

Yet again they are saying they don't see anything but 22.75 being due despite me sending 11 bills with everything circled.

Who can I report them to? when I googled they aren't under the same regulatory body as other Communication companies.

Any ideas? They are quick to take money off but not quick to refund!

jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com

He's the Chief executive of sky, I'd email him and give it a try. Even better would be a written letter as companies take them more far more seriously.

Here's rest of the Sky corporate team if Jeremy isn't obliging.

Last edited by Teddie; 23-06-11, 12:52.

Comment

You could ask Kayroo to do you up a scary letter on headed paper full of jargon and big words.
                                                                      Nobody will read it I imagine but outlining your intention ot go legal should be enough to get you free sky for a while but I wouldn't hold your breath to get a cash refund for the phone bill

Comment

The worst case scenario is we tell Sky we're leaving and send them a legal letter and they pull the plug, we can't get replacement TV here becasue NTL etc don't cover this area!

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                                                          You could ask Kayroo to do you up a scary letter on headed paper full of jargon and big words.
                                                                          he'll be too busy organising the front companies for our Irish-Australian prostitution ring

'F or GTFO'; like it? Too 2009?
                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comreg about the Sky thing surely?

Comment

#98
                                                                              Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                              The worst case scenario is we tell Sky we're leaving and send them a legal letter and they pull the plug, we can't get replacement TV here becasue NTL etc don't cover this area!
                                                                              If you can get sky, you can get saorview and freesat

Comment

#99
                                                                                Point-and-clicks are a lot of fun: I just bought this (plus the original Ben There, Dan That game) for €1 on Steam on Wednesday, can't wait to get stuck in!

Edit: Actually, if people like point-and-clicks, please do yourself a HUGE favour and buy this game - it is awesome! But please buy it (it costs very little on Steam, and is often on sale) rather than torrent it, we need to support the independent game developers.
                                                                                Yeah Machinarium is an amazing game. I particularly loved the music.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                  If you can get sky, you can get saorview and freesat
                                                                                  I'm guessing they need important stuff like Nick Junior and Disney channels

Comment

I thought this was cool

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                      he'll be too busy organising the front companies for our Irish-Australian prostitution ring

'F or GTFO'; like it? Too 2009?
                                                                                      Sir/Madam,

I'm writing to you on behalf on my client, a Mr Z. Uutroy who wholds a patent on the "or GTFO" sobriquet.
                                                                                      Your intent to use, or your declaration of intent to use, is a blatant infringement of my client's intellectual or otherwise property, and you are advised to cease or desist from using the name.

We expect immediate retraction and a published apology, along with damages amounting to €30 (which we feel is appropriate, being the cost you can get a laptop 'spring clean' for) payable immediately.

Regards,

Theodore Herschel Zodofsky esq.
                                                                                      Conveyancing Intellectual Property Law consultant,
                                                                                      BBV Counsel LLP
                                                                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Cheers for the recommendation, will definitely give any new point and click adventure a shot, absolutely love them. Have the Scummvm emulator on my phone in case a sudden need to play Indianna Jonees, Sam and Max, Monkey Island etc hits me. And it quite often does...
                                                                                        "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Just give them a few pots and a dishcloth and let their imaginations entertain them.
                                                                                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                            I like the games where you have to type in stuff too.

I still play the original space quests occasionally. They are teh nuts
                                                                                            The good ole text adventure games - they were brilliant. Must see if I can get a few of them again.

I remember "Theatre" or something being pretty class.

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                            We expect immediate retraction and a published apology, along with damages amounting to €30 (which we feel is appropriate, being the cost you can get a laptop 'spring clean' for) payable immediately.
                                                                                            This made me lol very hard at work - people were looking at me

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                                            Cheers for the recommendation, will definitely give any new point and click adventure a shot, absolutely love them. Have the Scummvm emulator on my phone in case a sudden need to play Indianna Jonees, Sam and Max, Monkey Island etc hits me. And it quite often does...
                                                                                            Full Throttle ftw obv!

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                            Just give them a few pots and a dishcloth and let their imaginations entertain them.
                                                                                            Amen - go to a minute into this clip if you're stuck for time (but watch it all):

Comment

Indo really championing norris, I thought that was actually a disappointing poll result.next one should have the fg candidate on top.

Comment

Is there a sportsman with more heart than Lleyton Hewitt? He's like a terrier.

Also site is still running rubbish since BBV change. Would deleting the whole original BBV help??
                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Would deleting the whole original BBV help??
                                                                                                  are you insane?

Comment

are you insane?
                                                                                                    Would people really care?? Like does anyone ever go back and read the BBV on Boards.ie?
                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

what do people make of Frankie Boyle? I find him very funny but it seems nobody else does?

Comment

saorview have RTEjr up and running since monday

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

what do people make of Frankie Boyle? I find him very funny but it seems nobody else does?
                                                                                                          Hes a funny man alright. Takes it a bit far at times.

Comment

Would people really care?? Like does anyone ever go back and read the BBV on Boards.ie?
                                                                                                            Not the point. Get rid of the thread and TylerDurden and Flushdraw will start there own site and we will got there

Comment

Cbeebies on freesat. Probably other kids stuff too.

I would have guessed at the lack of sports channels being a bigger issue.
                                                                                                              May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Is there a sportsman with more heart than Lleyton Hewitt? He's like a terrier.
                                                                                                                Getting on Soderling now, Hewitts lack of matches may start to tell

Comment

Chap is gas, his stand up dvd is brilliant.

Comment

still can't for the life of me understand Murray being a 5/1 shot for the title - should be at least 20/1 imo

Comment

He's the best comedian in the world right now and it's not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                                                                        Hes a funny man alright. Takes it a bit far at times.
                                                                                                                        Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                                                        Chap is gas, his stand up dvd is brilliant.
                                                                                                                        yeah I think his humour is deadly but Im a bit of a sicko so would be an exception

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                                                          Cbeebies on freesat. Probably other kids stuff too.

I would have guessed at the lack of sports channels being a bigger issue.
                                                                                                                          100%

When you have a 10, 8 and a 17 month old, you need Disney Jnr, Nick, Disney Channel and others, It's vital. Sky Sports for me and the Ironing Channel and stuff for the missus

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X