thoughts on stars rake increase and reg on rebuys and addons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thoughts on stars rake increase and reg on rebuys and addons

The news over the last 24 hours has been all about PokerStars. And Monday afternoon even more news came in, as the online poker giant announced rake increases for...

not sure if it was mentioned already here, just wondering what players think of pokerstars increasing the reg fee in spin n go's, hypers and some other mtt games. they have also increased caps and rates in cash games. worst of all they are now charging reg on all rebuy's and addons, this will have a massive difference on reg paid .
    I had a quick look yesterday at the rebuy games and most barely made the guarentees and the 11+ with 15k guarentee had an overlay of €2650

negreanu seems to be defending them too again. i had watched a lot lot of what he said after the last changes to vip's and he backed them and said he liked the new direction the company were going and there would be good changes coming later this year that the players will love, what utter bullshit from him and pure corperate greed from pokerstars new owners here
    The smarter you play the luckier you'll be
    MTT Calender 2015

They have a basic total monopoly of sites now.
    They can do what they want it seems.
    Negreanu will play any tune his piper tells him.
    Its obviously a scam but frankly i couldnt care less.
    Dont enjoy online at all anymore and not many non -pro grinders i know play or enjoy it at all.

Comment

maybe a bunch of players should get together and create their own site and call it full tilt....

Pokerstars is allowed to charge whatever they want, it's up to the customer to go else where to get the best value in the opening market.

But I do believe/agree their is a gap in the market but none of the other sites seem to be able to fill it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ollie View Post
        maybe a bunch of players should get together and create their own site and call it full tilt....

Pokerstars is allowed to charge whatever they want, it's up to the customer to go else where to get the best value in the opening market.

But I do believe/agree their is a gap in the market but none of the other sites seem to be able to fill it.
        888/party are trying in fairness to them. they have both just ran good series of events, and party are just giving money away with some of their gtd's. where they are failing is their software imo. if they improved that, and keep going the way they are going i think there is a decent chance they can both rival stars and at least make stars try to make its customers happy again.

Comment

do stars have the highest rake across all games or is it in line with others?

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
            888/party are trying in fairness to them. they have both just ran good series of events, and party are just giving money away with some of their gtd's. where they are failing is their software imo. if they improved that, and keep going the way they are going i think there is a decent chance they can both rival stars and at least make stars try to make its customers happy again.
            Before you put your money on any site check out you owns it, 888 don't have a great reputation and if I remember correctly they were Pacific Poker before re-branding the site.

Software is the major issue for these sites, Stars are just years ahead and invested in the infrastructure of the network when others wasted money on marketing. But I think all poker sites will have a very short life span and I do believe stars is near it's end.

Comment

Before you put your money on any site check out you owns it, 888 don't have a great reputation and if I remember correctly they were Pacific Poker before re-branding the site.

Software is the major issue for these sites, Stars are just years ahead and invested in the infrastructure of the network when others wasted money on marketing. But I think all poker sites will have a very short life span and I do believe stars is near it's end.
              I cant see stars closing anytime soon .Unless there CEOS and owners get hit with money Laundering tax evasion charges .There still raking in tons of money .I think they figure people will put up with paying the extra rake and there right .The rake has gone up for live and non lives games and if people keep playing nothing will change

Comment

888 were known as Pacific Poker until around 2005/6.

Comment

Originally posted by oyeah2 View Post
                  I cant see stars closing anytime soon .Unless there CEOS and owners get hit with money Laundering tax evasion charges .There still raking in tons of money .I think they figure people will put up with paying the extra rake and there right .The rake has gone up for live and non lives games and if people keep playing nothing will change
                  Amaya,the parent company,who own the brand Pokerstars,have a much bigger agenda at present.They forecast the US market being opened up again.They have had limited success through the relaxing of the law in New Jersey,and envisage a steady growth across the whole country over the next few years.They are aware that there are legions of hungry online players who will log on in their droves,irrespective of the rake rate.These guys have been starved of their fix of online poker since Black Friday,and Pokerstars are laying out the conditions in anticipation of their return.The corporation don't give a damn about the thousands of regular recreation players.They see an opportunity to reap a massive return on their investment,and all these decisions reflect that.

Comment

888 is listed on the LSE so should be fairly transparent/safe

Originally posted by oyeah2 View Post
                    I cant see stars closing anytime soon .Unless there CEOS and owners get hit with money Laundering tax evasion charges .There still raking in tons of money .
                    Stars CEO has already been chared with insider trading (link)

Comment

just hire a new guy which they did, no big deal
                      star aint goin anywhere until someone else steps up to the plate.
                      and it doesnt seem like anyone is too keen to spend the money to do so

Comment

Working...
                      X