TDA votes to go back to last card off the deck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TDA votes to go back to last card off the deck

The TDA has just voted to revert to the old rule of last card to the button for a live hand. Daniel Negreanu spoke strongly in favour of last card rule. The voting options seemed to be a bit confusing tho'. The two options given were "Could you live with last card off the deck", or "Would you be in favour of last card off the deck".
    Watch on twitch here. http://www.twitch.tv/TDASummit

Shocking rule change.

This will 100% open the possibility that a player returning to the table may see another players hole cards.

At the last WSOPE in France 2 years I debated this rule with the WSOP TD's as they used the last card rule.

I timed every dealer at the event and the average pitch time from 1st card to last card was just over 6 seconds (average total deal time was 25 seconds).

The argument from the pros (Daniel Negreanu was a big advocate for last card) was it allows them to sign autographs for their fans.

I'm sorry but no other professional sign autographs while they are playing their sport.
    €10,000 GTD New Monthly Tournament
    Village Green Card Club, Last Thursday of the Month, €270 Freezeout
    €1,000,000 GTD - Irish Open
    CityWest Hotel, 6th-13th April

Comment

I posted a thread about it HERE in 2013 and it has my input from my initial thoughts with an explanation from JP also.

P.S I think it's a stupid rule change going backwards with it.
      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by JP Poker View Post
        Shocking rule change.

This will 100% open the possibility that a player returning to the table may see another players hole cards.

I don't know much about the arguments on either side here - is the idea that a player who is standing up is more likely to be able to see over someone's shoulder while they are looking at their cards?

Comment

Working...
        X