Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
    Yeah expensive and according to that article the average salary of residents is just over 35k a year which can't be right. I assume nobody netting 2.4k a month is willing to pay 1.4k for a room+bills
    Sounds like it would be snapped up by tech companies for staff moving to Ireland.

Comment

Yeah expensive and according to that article the average salary of residents is just over 35k a year which can't be right. I assume nobody netting 2.4k a month is willing to pay 1.4k for a room+bills
      Bills are included in the rent price according to the Indo article.
      Rents in the order of €1,350 per person per month will include all bills
      I'd guess the average €35K earnings figure is official day job, but the node living concept will probably attract people who double job with bar work, waitressing, music, etc and it will likely be a good place to network with other like minded people to get that sort of extra cash-in-hand.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

I'd guess the average €35K earnings figure is official day job, but the node living concept will probably attract people who double job with bar work, waitressing, music, etc and it will likely be a good place to network with other like minded people to get that sort of extra cash-in-hand.
        I said room+bills for 1.4k which is what I assume nobody is willing to pay.

Is there many people logging a 35k a year job and working a 2nd job?

Comment

Really, I didnt see it attracting those types at all, figured yanks and other non irish coming over to work tech jobs would be the target market
          airport, lol

Comment

Irish people wont pay it anyway, theres nowhere near enough drinking/having fun money left after that rent. We dont value our comfort that high
            airport, lol

Comment

I said room+bills for 1.4k which is what I assume nobody is willing to pay.

Is there many people logging a 35k a year job and working a 2nd job?
              Ah, I read your post as 'pay €1400, plus bills'.

I definitely know a few people who'd have normal decent paying jobs and do a kind of hipstery second job a few nights a week or at weekends - bar work, running yoga/pilates classes, an afternoon in one of those ye olde vinyl record shops, a stall in Georges St Market, selling their own jewellery/tshirt design stuff. I even know a postman who has a decent side making candles at the weekend.

I think some of these people would love the node concept, although they'd be too old for it now. But I think that's the sort it would attract.

Comment

Jaysus, that English girl got murdered on the last bend in the speed skating (not sure if live or something that happened earlier)

Comment

Jaysus, that English girl got murdered on the last bend in the speed skating (not sure if live or something that happened earlier)
                  Stewards Enquiry a thing in this?
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

The communal spaces with a Bean an Ti as the Independent is calling it is an interesting idea. I have a mate who was living in a similar space in London and recommended it for exactly it's intended target audience, young professional new to the city/country etc.

1350-1875pp per month all inclusive

https://m.independent.ie/life/home-g...ampaign=buffer

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        Stewards Enquiry a thing in this?
                        Yes but she was the offender so Chinese girl who made her fall whilst falling, went to the final and actually came 2nd

Comment

Why have RTÉ sent 2 reporters to Korea to cover lads using us as a flag of convenience because they weren’t good enough to qualify for their own countries?

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 17-02-18, 13:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                              Man Trump is such a proper weirdo, aside from all his other flaws. Who the fck thinks a shiteating grin + thumbs up gesture is the right decorum for an event about the murder of 17 schoolkids?

10 of the nurses and doctors next to him? (Well the smile part anyway)

Comment

Man Trump is such a proper weirdo, aside from all his other flaws. Who the fck thinks a shiteating grin + thumbs up gesture is the right decorum for an event about the murder of 17 schoolkids?

There was probably just some friendly words said to make everyone feel comfortable and having the President Trump there would be giving the hard working staff a short mental break from a difficult period. Some people will pick flaws in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                  There was probably just some friendly words said to make everyone feel comfortable and having the President Trump there would be giving the hard working staff a short mental break from a difficult period.
                                  He is mentally ill and needs to retire for his and the worlds good!

Some people will pick flaws in everything.

Have you read your posts on here?

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                    Why have RTÉ sent 2 reporters to Korea to cover lads using us as a flag of convenience because they weren’t good enough to qualify for their own countries?
                                    It's the actual Olympic Games, I'd expect us to have some reporters there even if we'd zero competitors. The days of doing everything from a box-room in Montrose are gone.

There's probably a valid argument for never sending anyone anywhere (news or sport) and just piggybacking off other broadcasters, but I like the current way.

Any money saved by not sending them would just disappear into a black hole anyway, rather than solving homelessness or giving little Timmy his operation. I hope the two of them enjoy themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                      He is mentally ill and needs to retire for his and the worlds good!

Have you read your posts on here?
                                      Have u examined President Trump? Otherwise what your saying is just repeating fake news.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                        Move in, buy about 20 copies, and keep leaving them about the place

Comment

Have u examined President Trump? Otherwise what your saying is just repeating fake news.

"Fake news"

Some craic!

Comment

It's the actual Olympic Games, I'd expect us to have some reporters there even if we'd zero competitors. The days of doing everything from a box-room in Montrose are gone.

There's probably a valid argument for never sending anyone anywhere (news or sport) and just piggybacking off other broadcasters, but I like the current way.

Any money saved by not sending them would just disappear into a black hole anyway, rather than solving homelessness or giving little Timmy his operation. I hope the two of them enjoy themselves.
                                            It’s the Winter Olympics,it’s beyond niche in this country.a box room dub over job would do fine. Never said anything about the homeless,RTÉ are losing money and have given up on six nations and I think some World Cup games next year because of that so I think in light of that it is an interesting choice

Comment

Comment

lols. so you think that is the appropriate decorum then for a mass murder event? Its very very weird and he's a very very weird dude.
                                                I don't agree its weird to smile for a photo its actually a very normal thing to do.

Comment

Obama with sandy hook family a week after the shooting

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                      10 of the nurses and doctors next to him? (Well the smile part anyway)
                                                      i watched you've been trumped yesterday. Low budget documentary about the golf course in Scotland which Trump is building and the ongoing fight with the locals. It was filmed before Trump was president. Now i'm sure this type of battle happens with every developer and every big deal, but Trump really comes across as a petty and horrible little man.

It's quite sad he was allowed to build it though, and in a way, it just feels like it's going to be an abject failure.

Comment

Comment

Taking my Saibh to see Sive in the Gaiety.

Hopefully old enough at 11 not to get freaked out.

Comment

He did the same with a picture with the wife of some man who was captured in Iraq or some shit. That's just his go to pose he clearly has no idea what's going on half the time. Off the melon
                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                              He did the same with a picture with the wife of some man who was captured in Iraq or some shit. That's just his go to pose he clearly has no idea what's going on half the time. Off the melon
                                                              Some man some war?! At least put some effort into the fake news!!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Dude you're Irish and I think an accountant, it might be time to let go of the Appalachian hillbilly mindset towards US politics.
                                                                    What's up with calling people dude? It was only vaguely acceptable around the time of Wayne's World iirc.
                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                      What's up with calling people dude? It was only vaguely acceptable around the time of Wayne's World iirc.
                                                                      Tellin a fella to drop de Americanisms while calling him dude

Some buck that HitchHicker hey!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                        Taking my Saibh to see Sive in the Gaiety.

Hopefully old enough at 11 not to get freaked out.
                                                                        Kid now knows she was named after an illegitimate teenager sold off by her aunt and a devious matchmaker to a lecherous old farmer.

Doesn't seem concerned.

Comment

Some man some war?! At least put some effort into the fake news!!
                                                                          He tweeted it himself at the time, his twitter being the only source of real news with all the fake #MSM. Could have been the wife of a guy who was falsely imprisoned in some country, doesnt matter it was funny, he had the pose of some fella from town meeting Mcgregor.

He could still be the GOATPOTUS and have an inappropriate photo pose, you dont have to defend his every move.
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Comment

Ya think? I'd use it a fair bit in real life. Usually when someone in work says something stupid 'ahhh duuude' indicating: where did it all go wrong for you? My hip 24-year-old sister uses it loads, so it might just be that you missed it coming back into fashion.
                                                                              I doubt many here are hip to our jive, turkey

Comment

My hip 24-year-old sister uses it loads,
                                                                                ...You know the drill...

Comment

...He's actually gone and made it this cover photo on Twitter, he's seriously out of touch with the rest of the (normal population) world...

Comment

Lamb keftas (last recipe on the page) on the menu tonight from the Persiana cookbook. The smell of the marinating meat is amazing! Made a Greek yogurt, mint and sumac dip that tastes amazing. Sumac is a fascinating ingredient. Read a description of it being the Middle Eastern version of lemon, but that ain't like any lemon I've tried.
                                                                                    There was a program by Nigel Slater doing a food tour of Iran on bbc last night, the bit I saw was very good.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I say dude, man, horse etc all the time.
                                                                                      I still got it obvs
                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I hate buddy and it's bastard little brother bud. Dude is ok if you hate the fucking eagles

Comment

Pal and mate can gtfo too.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                            +1 to 'mate'.

We're not fucking Australians or Brits!

Comment

M8?
                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Federer = class act

World No.1s gonna do what World No.1s do...Watch official ATP tennis streams here: http://tnn.is/YouTubeTennis TV is the OFFICIAL live streaming service of t...

Comment

M8?
                                                                                                  Gets a pass.

Comment

Buddy is acceptable imo. Pal can go fuck himself. No true friend calls you pal.
                                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

'Gickball' for your truest closest friends.

Comment

Second Captains subscribers should check out the pod they did on Jordan Peterson this week,Laura Kennedy from the IT put up a pretty good defense of him v Ken Early (while not being a full on advocate)

Comment

Has anyone listened to that 'West Cork' pod on audible?

Any cousins?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                            Buddy is acceptable imo. Pal can go fuck himself. No true friend calls you pal.
                                                                                                            I like "cunt"
                                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

M8?
                                                                                                              Gets a pass.
                                                                                                              Aw, m8.

Comment

Cunt is a great word. So many layers, so many context and tone dependant meanings to it.

Comment

Cunt is a great word. So many layers, so many context and tone dependant meanings to it.
                                                                                                                  Its the best, some can pull of endearing with it. Or I love "hes a happy cunt" or "I'd help any cunt who needed it"
                                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Its the best, some can pull of endearing with it. Or I love "hes a happy cunt" or "I'd help any cunt who needed it"
                                                                                                                    'You're a gas cunt'

It's only really endearing when the cunt is a bloke though.

Has a different tone when the cunt is a woman.

That's the beauty of the word though. Only sound cunts use it when talking about men, it takes a real cunt to use it when referring to women.

Comment

'You're a gas cunt'

It's only really endearing when the cunt is a bloke though.

Has a different tone when the cunt is a woman.

That's the beauty of the word though. Only sound cunts use it when talking about men, it takes a real cunt to use it when referring to women.
                                                                                                                      Hahaha! I enjoyed that
                                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

There's no better word than cunt to describe a cunt of a woman though.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                                                          There's no better word than cunt to describe a cunt of a woman though.
                                                                                                                          Sometimes its necessary to really get across your point. Nothing else can work for a real cunt of a woman
                                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X