This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Poker Thread

This just a general thread for off-topic poker stuff; quick/simple line checks, "did i play this ok?" type hands, graphs, funny hands, random poker chat/questions/goals etc or any hands you want to share that probably don't warrant their own thread.

Cool, i'll get the ball rolling.

Same game i played horribly in from the other thread

Blinds are 100/200. I'm BB. Folded all the way around. I have 10,10.

SB Raises to 600, i raise to 1800, SB calls/

Flop comes 2,8,9 rainbow. SB goes all-in.

Ship it surely?

Comment

Originally posted by MrStuffins View Post
      Cool, i'll get the ball rolling.

Same game i played horribly in from the other thread

Blinds are 100/200. I'm BB. Folded all the way around. I have 10,10.

SB Raises to 600, i raise to 1800, SB calls/

Flop comes 2,8,9 rainbow. SB goes all-in.

Ship it surely?
      easy call, well stacks make a difference?
      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
        easy call, well stacks make a difference?
        I thought so too! I had him covered, the all-in was about 5k-6k?

Comment

all inski. any history? any prior confrontations. either has aces, kings or is shipping with two overs methinks praying you have a bogey hand
          Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by the aul switcharoo View Post
            all inski. any history? any prior confrontations. either has aces, kings or is shipping with two overs methinks praying you have a bogey hand
            I had a past confrontation in the same game. He raised from early position and i was the only caller. He slowed down after the flop showed A,Q,6. I bet and he folded but showed.

He turned out to have 7,7 (i had A,Q)

Comment

Just so sick of poker right now. I really can't win anymore no matter what I do. I have tried nitting it up but usually end up going back to my normal Laggy game which I know is higher variance but just can't seem to win any allins anymore. I know one glarinly obvious stat below is really bad and thats won at SD but with the amount of times I'm getting outdrawn its hard to see how it could be any other way. 3-4 months ago I was taking shots at 400nl and even good 600nl games but since then I have just being moving down and down to the point were its barely worth playing. Just feel like giving it up at the moment. FML

Comment

Uggh to my last session, still happy with how Jan has gone.

Comment

Sick graph Digiman but on the plus side your ev adjusted winrate would be pretty decent so it really is just a case of grinding on through it. Embrace the variance, bound to be a big heater on the way hopefully!

@ Phantom Lord, any chance of getting the different categories for the hand histories like boards? e.g. online tourney>$50 etc.

@Jackyback, What levels you playing there, 1knl? good month?
                  "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

So to carry on from the last thread, nobody is running good? Jesus, I just want to hear a happy story of someone crushing and actually getting the monies. I run like constipation so its obv not me to tell the story
                    Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                      So to carry on from the last thread, nobody is running good? Jesus, I just want to hear a happy story of someone crushing and actually getting the monies. I run like constipation so its obv not me to tell the story
                      Well i am finished for the month, happy with how it went and i pretty much crushed/ran good for most of it apart from my last session.

Comment

I'm running above EV at the moment. Variance still owes me 8 buyins though, so it better hurry up and balance itself out more.
                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

My tilted trips to 5/10 Triple Draw have been pleasantly rewarding. That is one soft game. I would say its eeeasssily beatable for 3 big bets to anyone who knows the basics. Pity the traffic is so poor. I'd make it my regular game if it ran more.

Comment

Jackyback if you had put in some decent hours you would be up 200k. EZ game

Comment

Originally posted by pok3rplaya View Post
                              Jackyback if you had put in some decent hours you would be up 200k. EZ game
                              It helps to be running good, loose a dozen flips and that graph can easily be turned upside down lol.

Comment

Bottom set 3 way

$0.50/$1 No Limit Holdem
                                6 Players
                                Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
                                UTG mrlimp ($113.50)
                                UTG+1 MrThony ($62.15)
                                CO rampamekkvak ($78.25)
                                BTN bendwapp ($111.25)
                                SB Hero ($104)
                                BB Alex_k1 ($102.50)

Pre-Flop: ($1.50, 6 players) Hero is SB
                                2 folds, rampamekkvak raises to $3, bendwapp calls $3, Hero calls $2.50, Alex_k1 calls $2

Flop: ($12, 4 players)
                                Hero checks, Alex_k1 checks, rampamekkvak checks, bendwapp checks

Turn: ($12, 4 players)
                                Hero bets $8, 1 fold, rampamekkvak calls $8, bendwapp raises to $24, Hero calls $16, rampamekkvak goes all-in $75.25, bendwapp goes all-in $108.25, $77 to Hero ($77)?

No reads, both guys are laggy though playing around 30/20

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

HoH FTW.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Pretty sure there hasn't

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                          Pretty sure there hasn't
                                          Then you haven't been paying attention. Since HOH (just off the top of my head):

Daniel Negreanu's long awaited explanation of his take on [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Power-Holdem-Strategy-Daniel-Negreanu/dp/1580422047/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1265046522&sr=8-1"]small ball[/ame].
                                          Gus Hansen's detailed, hand by hand explanation of his [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Every-Hand-Revealed-Gus-Hansen/dp/0818407271/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1265046743&sr=1-1"]Aussie Millions win[/ame].
                                          Rizen, Pearlhammer and Apestyles look at the [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Winning-Poker-Tournaments-Hand-Time/dp/0974150274/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1265046778&sr=1-2"]online game[/ame].
                                          The [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Kill-Everyone-Strategies-Tournaments-Sit-n-Gos/dp/1935396307/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1265046849&sr=1-1"]deepest mathematical[/ame] look into tourneys since [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Mathematics-Poker-Bill-Chen/dp/1886070253/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1265046889&sr=1-1"]The Mathematics of Poker[/ame].

As well as some others.

-Oz-

Comment

Well they're not landmark works in terms of the way that HoH influenced live tourneys. I think thats what Hitch-hiker meant. They do look good though!

Comment

So, I'm gonna do a spot of bonus whoring. Was thinking about giving rush poker a try since FT's signup bonus is decent, and it would be a good change of pace. What have people found to be a good strategy?
                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Surely you should approach rush poker like any 6 max cash games with limited info, the only difference is you get more hands in but that shouldn't mean you play them any different. I'd imagine you get away with alot more, though, so I'd probably be 3 betting a tonne especially in position.
                                                "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Yeah I just played half an hour there. I enjoyed:

Opening from the button and SB with any two cards.
                                                  3betting button opens from BB with shit.
                                                  3betting really wide on the button.
                                                  Hardly ever seeing a flop, just ticking over steadily stealing and restealing.

Comment

Really quick one...

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (UTG) ($105.87)
                                                    MP ($171.40)
                                                    Button ($19.70)
                                                    CO ($114.40)
                                                    BB ($100)
                                                    SB ($120.42)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 10, A
                                                    Hero bets $3, 1 fold, CO calls $3, 3 folds

Flop: ($7.50) 2, 5, 5 (2 players)
                                                    Hero bets $5, CO calls $5

Turn: ($17.50) A (2 players)
                                                    Hero bets $12, CO calls $12

River: ($41.50) K (2 players)
                                                    Hero checks, CO bets $26, Hero ???

Is villain turning enough marginal made hands into bluffs here to call this? Hard to see him with any straight bluffs, but we're getting a decent price and there's not a lot he could have here, but he has a load of marginal made hands he may decide to fire here and we don't have to be good all that often? He's a pretty standard reg, not much history of note.
                                                    "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Jan my first losing month in a good while, low volume though

Originally posted by -Oz- View Post
                                                      Then you haven't been paying attention. Since HOH (just off the top of my head):

Daniel Negreanu's long awaited explanation of his take on small ball.
                                                      Gus Hansen's detailed, hand by hand explanation of his Aussie Millions win.
                                                      Rizen, Pearlhammer and Apestyles look at the online game.
                                                      The deepest mathematical look into tourneys since The Mathematics of Poker.

As well as some others.

-Oz-
                                                      The Gus Hansen book was entertaining but from a strategy point of view I don't think it was great, definitely some stuff I'd disagree with in it

The last two I haven't heard of, look pretty interesting though

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                        $0.50/$1 No Limit Holdem
                                                        6 Players

Stacks:
                                                        UTG mrlimp ($113.50)
                                                        UTG+1 MrThony ($62.15)
                                                        CO rampamekkvak ($78.25)
                                                        BTN bendwapp ($111.25)
                                                        SB Hero ($104)
                                                        BB Alex_k1 ($102.50)

Pre-Flop: ($1.50, 6 players) Hero is SB
                                                        2 folds, rampamekkvak raises to $3, bendwapp calls $3, Hero calls $2.50, Alex_k1 calls $2

Flop: ($12, 4 players)
                                                        Hero checks, Alex_k1 checks, rampamekkvak checks, bendwapp checks

Turn: ($12, 4 players)
                                                        Hero bets $8, 1 fold, rampamekkvak calls $8, bendwapp raises to $24, Hero calls $16, rampamekkvak goes all-in $75.25, bendwapp goes all-in $108.25, $77 to Hero ($77)?

No reads, both guys are laggy though playing around 30/20
                                                        Hey think you should post this in its own thread. I'd be interested in hearing other peoples' views. I can't see myself folding there though.

Comment

Originally posted by -Oz- View Post

Daniel Negreanu's long awaited explanation of his take on small ball.
                                                          Gus Hansen's detailed, hand by hand explanation of his Aussie Millions win.
                                                          Rizen, Pearlhammer and Apestyles look at the online game.
                                                          The deepest mathematical look into tourneys since The Mathematics of Poker.

As well as some others.

-Oz-
                                                          Any reviews on Negreanus book oz?

I haven't read a poker book in yonks and I've always liked the him.
                                                          We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                            Hey think you should post this in its own thread. I'd be interested in hearing other peoples' views. I can't see myself folding there though.
                                                            Hmm, I did fold btw. Didnt really think it was worth a thread and seeing as noone in here answered maybe I was right

At the time I felt I had about 20% equity against a range of made straights and some turned combo straight draws. If I was to add in someone with a set then I was drawing to 1 out so I mucked. Also in these spots when there are 2 people allin you get to know if you were right or not!! so I don't mind folding as much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                              Really quick one...

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (UTG) ($105.87)
                                                              MP ($171.40)
                                                              Button ($19.70)
                                                              CO ($114.40)
                                                              BB ($100)
                                                              SB ($120.42)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 10, A
                                                              Hero bets $3, 1 fold, CO calls $3, 3 folds

Flop: ($7.50) 2, 5, 5 (2 players)
                                                              Hero bets $5, CO calls $5

Turn: ($17.50) A (2 players)
                                                              Hero bets $12, CO calls $12

River: ($41.50) K (2 players)
                                                              Hero checks, CO bets $26, Hero ???

Is villain turning enough marginal made hands into bluffs here to call this? Hard to see him with any straight bluffs, but we're getting a decent price and there's not a lot he could have here, but he has a load of marginal made hands he may decide to fire here and we don't have to be good all that often? He's a pretty standard reg, not much history of note.
                                                              I'd rather just bet small on the river and fold to a raise, and I would fold now.

Comment

Hmm, I did fold btw. Didnt really think it was worth a thread and seeing as noone in here answered maybe I was right

At the time I felt I had about 20% equity against a range of made straights and some turned combo straight draws. If I was to add in someone with a set then I was drawing to 1 out so I mucked. Also in these spots when there are 2 people allin you get to know if you were right or not!! so I don't mind folding as much!!!
                                                                And were you right?

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                  And were you right?
                                                                  One genius had 88 and the other guy turned the straight with 63 so I somehow made a decent fold. Flopping sets just have not been not being going well for me recently!!

Comment

541 hands of rush poker at 32.6 BB/100.

Comment

Is this ok or spewy? villian is an aggressive reg, playing 35/30 over a 100 hand sample. Hes 3betting 18% and generally being very aggressive.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (Button) ($56.05)
                                                                      SB ($94.25)
                                                                      BB ($50)
                                                                      UTG ($67.65)
                                                                      MP ($50)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8, A
                                                                      UTG bets $1.50, 1 fold, Hero raises to $5, 2 folds, UTG calls $3.50

Flop: ($10.75) 2, A, 4 (2 players)
                                                                      UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($10.75) 5 (2 players)
                                                                      UTG checks, Hero bets $6.50, UTG raises to $16, Hero calls $9.50

River: ($42.75) K (2 players)
                                                                      UTG bets $46.65 (All-In), Hero calls $35.05 (All-In)

Total pot: $112.85 | Rake: $3

Comment

Spew. Fold the turn. Really looks like he owned you real hard.

I wouldn't 3bet this hand and I'd cbet the flop too.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                          I haven't read a poker book in yonks and I've always liked the him.
                                                                          Hey Danny -

The book has multiple authors, SS style. The other authors' contributions are pretty uneven; David William's short essay being the cream of the first part. But DN's section, which takes up the last third, is worth the book price on it's own. Even if you don't employ the complete small ball strategy he propounds, I guarantee you will start seeing spots to use specific small ball tactics described.

-Oz-

Comment

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) ($68.35)
                                                                            BB ($58.35)
                                                                            UTG ($49.70)
                                                                            MP ($55.70)
                                                                            CO ($51.25)
                                                                            Button ($51.75)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q
                                                                            UTG bets $1.50, 1 fold, CO raises to $5, 1 fold

Total pot: $3.75

How do you continue in this hand in a vacuum?

Comment

#39
                                                                              Spew. Fold the turn. Really looks like he owned you real hard.

I wouldn't 3bet this hand and I'd cbet the flop too.
                                                                              i 3bet the hand because villian was opening so many pots and was folding to 80% of 3bets and i have a blocker to the a and im suited and in postion. You prefer flatting here?
                                                                              Why do you bet the flop? i cant think of too many hands that call that we have beat.

Comment

#40
                                                                                Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                                Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) ($68.35)
                                                                                BB ($58.35)
                                                                                UTG ($49.70)
                                                                                MP ($55.70)
                                                                                CO ($51.25)
                                                                                Button ($51.75)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q
                                                                                UTG bets $1.50, 1 fold, CO raises to $5, 1 fold

Total pot: $3.75

How do you continue in this hand in a vacuum?
                                                                                Flatting is fine here, I think.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Need stats for the QQ hand. I'd 4b/call if they weren't nits.

Firstly with the A8s, you don't say how he reacts to 3bets or how he'd view you. Thats important.

You 3bet the A8s because he was opening lots? You can just call here if you want to play it. The point is that you can pick better hands to 3b. A8s is definitely not going to play well postflop vs a 3b call from UTG, regardless of how aggro he is. You can just flat this IP and 3bet other hands that are better to 3b.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    2 AQ hands within a couple of hands of each other.

1st hand, this guy has 3bet twice so far on this table, taking both down pre.
                                                                                    2nd hand, he's raised 3 times, all have been allin and he hasn't shown down yet.

Should we just fold both?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 215 Tournament, 250/500 Blinds 25 Ante (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com

Hero (MP2) (t20690)
                                                                                    CO (t31833)
                                                                                    Button (t20960)
                                                                                    SB (t16158)
                                                                                    BB (t10680)
                                                                                    UTG (t5800)
                                                                                    UTG+1 (t15818)
                                                                                    MP1 (t23665)

Hero's M: 21.78

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q, A
                                                                                    3 folds, Hero bets t1250, 1 fold, Button raises to t3000, 3 folds

Total pot: t3450

Results:
                                                                                    Button didn't show
                                                                                    Outcome: Button won t3450

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 215 Tournament, 250/500 Blinds 25 Ante (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com

Hero (UTG+1) (t19390)
                                                                                    MP1 (t31783)
                                                                                    MP2 (t23110)
                                                                                    MP3 (t34990)
                                                                                    CO (t16833)
                                                                                    Button (t9880)
                                                                                    SB (t5250)
                                                                                    BB (t15768)
                                                                                    UTG (t23615)

Hero's M: 19.89

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q, A
                                                                                    1 fold, Hero bets t1250, 3 folds, CO raises to t16808 (All-In), 4 folds

Total pot: t3475

Results:
                                                                                    CO didn't show
                                                                                    Outcome: CO won t3475

Just another general question. Sunday Million situation where the LP raiser is playing position pretty well and i'm in the BB with junk.

Should we just fold, 3bet fold (to 6600-7900) or if we decide to raise, should we just ship?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 215 Tournament, 500/1000 Blinds 75 Ante (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com

Hero (BB) (t36433)
                                                                                    UTG (t56883)
                                                                                    UTG+1 (t45084)
                                                                                    MP1 (t74272)
                                                                                    MP2 (t19939)
                                                                                    MP3 (t7660)
                                                                                    CO (t36207)
                                                                                    Button (t30603)
                                                                                    SB (t27408)

Hero's M: 16.75

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3, J
                                                                                    5 folds, CO bets t2300, 2 folds, Hero?
                                                                                    Last edited by Flushdraw; 08-02-10, 00:22.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                      2 AQ hands within a couple of hands of each other.

1st hand, this guy has 3bet twice so far on this table, taking both down pre.
                                                                                      2nd hand, he's raised 3 times, all have been allin and he hasn't shown down yet.

Should we just fold both?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 215 Tournament, 250/500 Blinds 25 Ante (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com

Hero (MP2) (t20690)
                                                                                      CO (t31833)
                                                                                      Button (t20960)
                                                                                      SB (t16158)
                                                                                      BB (t10680)
                                                                                      UTG (t5800)
                                                                                      UTG+1 (t15818)
                                                                                      MP1 (t23665)

Hero's M: 21.78

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q, A
                                                                                      3 folds, Hero bets t1250, 1 fold, Button raises to t3000, 3 folds

Total pot: t3450

Results:
                                                                                      Button didn't show
                                                                                      Outcome: Button won t3450

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 215 Tournament, 250/500 Blinds 25 Ante (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com

Hero (UTG+1) (t19390)
                                                                                      MP1 (t31783)
                                                                                      MP2 (t23110)
                                                                                      MP3 (t34990)
                                                                                      CO (t16833)
                                                                                      Button (t9880)
                                                                                      SB (t5250)
                                                                                      BB (t15768)
                                                                                      UTG (t23615)

Hero's M: 19.89

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q, A
                                                                                      1 fold, Hero bets t1250, 3 folds, CO raises to t16808 (All-In), 4 folds

Total pot: t3475

Results:
                                                                                      CO didn't show
                                                                                      Outcome: CO won t3475

Just another general question. Sunday Million situation where the LP raiser is playing position pretty well and i'm in the BB with junk.

Should we just fold, 3bet fold (to 6600-7900) or if we decide to raise, should we just ship?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 215 Tournament, 500/1000 Blinds 75 Ante (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com

Hero (BB) (t36433)
                                                                                      UTG (t56883)
                                                                                      UTG+1 (t45084)
                                                                                      MP1 (t74272)
                                                                                      MP2 (t19939)
                                                                                      MP3 (t7660)
                                                                                      CO (t36207)
                                                                                      Button (t30603)
                                                                                      SB (t27408)

Hero's M: 16.75

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3, J
                                                                                      5 folds, CO bets t2300, 2 folds, Hero?

hand one: i fold this also

hand two: is a snap for me he shud turn up wit all sorts of crap here

hand three: my general thoughts on resteals over button raisers is to just shove(dependant on stack sizes), if his open is 10% or more of my stack i shove or vice vearsa, however J3s is just not in my range for doing it, Ace rag isn't a bad hand cos you can have 3outs nearly always when called, wit 78s or 98s if you run into TT or something your fucked but thats not saying i'm not shoving those hands, its so dependant on the villain and table dynamics etc
                                                                                      http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Devastating session..fml

No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($100.78)
                                                                                        UTG ($100)
                                                                                        Hero (BB) ($241.86)
                                                                                        Button ($114.88)
                                                                                        CO ($477.35)
                                                                                        MP ($100)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, K
                                                                                        3 folds, Button bets $3, 1 fold, Hero raises $10, Button raises $22, Hero raises $230.86 (All-In), Button calls $89.88 (All-In)

Flop: ($230.26) 9, 7, A (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: ($230.26) 4 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($230.26) A (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $230.26

Results:
                                                                                        Button had K, A (three of a kind, Aces).
                                                                                        Hero had K, K (two pair, Aces and Kings).
                                                                                        Outcome: Button won $227.26

No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (3 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (Button) ($110.70)
                                                                                        BB ($284.98)
                                                                                        SB ($102.14)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K, A
                                                                                        Hero bets $3, 1 fold, BB raises $9, Hero raises $23, BB raises $274.98 (All-In), Hero calls $84.70 (All-In)

Flop: ($221.90) 7, 10, 8 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: ($221.90) 3 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($221.90) 7 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $221.90

Results:
                                                                                        Hero had K, A (one pair, sevens).
                                                                                        BB had Q, Q (two pair, Queens and sevens).
                                                                                        Outcome: BB won $395.18

No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($214.77)
                                                                                        Hero (UTG) ($100)
                                                                                        Button ($103)
                                                                                        MP ($145.79)
                                                                                        BB ($108.08)
                                                                                        CO ($142.41)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K, A
                                                                                        Hero bets $3, 1 fold, CO raises $11, 3 folds, Hero raises $23, CO raises $131.41 (All-In), Hero calls $74 (All-In)

Flop: ($201.50) A, Q, J (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: ($201.50) 7 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($201.50) 4 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $201.50

Results:
                                                                                        Hero had K, A (one pair, Aces).
                                                                                        CO had Q, Q (three of a kind, Queens).
                                                                                        Outcome: CO won $240.91

No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (2 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) ($100.50)
                                                                                        BB ($100)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 10, 10
                                                                                        Hero bets $2.50, BB raises $9, Hero raises $23, BB raises $90 (All-In), Hero calls $74

Flop: ($200) 2, K, 8 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: ($200) 5 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($200) 2 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $200

Results:
                                                                                        Hero had 10, 10 (two pair, tens and twos).
                                                                                        BB had A, K (two pair, Kings and twos).
                                                                                        Outcome: BB won $199

BB ($473.53)
                                                                                        UTG ($100)
                                                                                        CO ($196)
                                                                                        Button ($114.98)
                                                                                        Hero (SB) ($100)
                                                                                        MP ($92.96)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9, 9
                                                                                        UTG bets $3, MP calls $3, 2 folds, Hero calls $2.50, BB raises $15, 2 folds, Hero raises $97 (All-In), BB calls $84

Flop: ($206) 6, A, Q (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: ($206) 5 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($206) J (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $206

Results:
                                                                                        Hero had 9, 9 (one pair, nines).
                                                                                        BB had Q, A (two pair, Aces and Queens).
                                                                                        Outcome: BB won $203

No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($22.25)
                                                                                        Hero (BB) ($100)
                                                                                        UTG ($95.76)
                                                                                        Button ($21)
                                                                                        SB ($133.95)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, 6
                                                                                        UTG bets $4, 2 folds, SB calls $3.50, Hero calls $3

Flop: ($12) 9, 5, 4 (3 players)
                                                                                        SB checks, Hero checks, UTG bets $17, 1 fold, Hero raises $47, UTG raises $74.76 (All-In), Hero calls $44.76

Turn: ($195.52) J (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($195.52) 5 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $195.52

Results:
                                                                                        Hero had A, 6 (one pair, fives).
                                                                                        UTG had 10, 10 (two pair, tens and fives).
                                                                                        Outcome: UTG won $193.52

SB ($20.50)
                                                                                        CO ($108.52)
                                                                                        MP ($63.94)
                                                                                        Hero (UTG) ($174.90)
                                                                                        Button ($101.50)
                                                                                        BB ($61.53)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A, A
                                                                                        Hero bets $3, MP calls $3, 4 folds

Flop: ($7.50) 7, 9, Q (2 players)
                                                                                        Hero bets $5, MP calls $5

Turn: ($17.50) 7 (2 players)
                                                                                        Hero bets $12, MP calls $12

River: ($41.50) 5 (2 players)
                                                                                        Hero bets $25, MP raises $43.94 (All-In), Hero calls $18.94

Total pot: $129.38

Results:
                                                                                        Hero had A, A (two pair, Aces and sevens).
                                                                                        MP had 7, 7 (four of a kind, sevens).
                                                                                        Outcome: MP won $126.38

I'll stop there. There were a few more flips lost - plus tilted off a couple too. Won one pot >60bbs. Think Im gonna puke!

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Know how you feel Bob, I was 12 tabling 100nl on PokerStars as I have some bonus to clear, lost 6 buyins in 350 hands and quit, took a 15 minute break and dropped down to 50nl as I don't have much money on the site and just wanted to clear the bonus ASAP. I'm playing and loading up as many tables as I can. Was going to try and 18 table it for a bit and then this hand happened, I just exited every single table no matter what position I was in. I genuinely could feel this coming FML and fuck poker, this run bad I am now is just sickening

$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Holdem
                                                                                          6 Players

Stacks:
                                                                                          UTG TcAlmeida ($50)
                                                                                          UTG+1 speedcake ($56.85)
                                                                                          CO sun137 ($44.50)
                                                                                          BTN speeeedcat ($20.75)
                                                                                          SB gambler2k4 ($58.60)
                                                                                          BB Hero ($50)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is BB
                                                                                          4 folds, gambler2k4 raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $4.50, gambler2k4 raises to $13.75, Hero goes all-in $50, gambler2k4 calls $36.25

Flop: ($100, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: ($100, 2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($100, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $100
                                                                                          gambler2k4 shows a flush, Ace high

Hero shows two pair, Aces and Queens

gambler2k4 wins $97 (net +$47)

Hero lost $50

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Oh dear, i feel for you man
                                                                                            Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

#47
                                                                                              That is pretty sick Pauric.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Know how you feel Bob, I was 12 tabling 100nl on PokerStars as I have some bonus to clear, lost 6 buyins in 350 hands and quit...
                                                                                                I took a break too. Wish I hadn't gone back

No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (4 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($100)
                                                                                                Hero (SB) ($114.03)
                                                                                                UTG ($104.79)
                                                                                                BB ($101.50)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, A
                                                                                                2 folds, Hero bets $2.50, BB raises $9, Hero raises $24, BB calls $17

Flop: ($54) K, 9, 8 (2 players)
                                                                                                Hero bets $25, BB calls $25

Turn: ($104) 6 (2 players)
                                                                                                Hero bets $62.03 (All-In), BB calls $49.50 (All-In)

River: ($203) 6 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $203

Results:
                                                                                                Hero had K, A (two pair, Kings and sixes).
                                                                                                BB had A, A (two pair, Aces and sixes).
                                                                                                Outcome: BB won $201

And this one means I need a new mouse

No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (MP) ($100)
                                                                                                Button ($113.10)
                                                                                                BB ($143.35)
                                                                                                UTG ($111.13)
                                                                                                SB ($100.50)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q, A
                                                                                                1 fold, Hero bets $3, Button raises $10, 2 folds, Hero calls $7

Flop: ($21.50) 5, 3, Q (2 players)
                                                                                                Hero checks, Button checks

Turn: ($21.50) 7 (2 players)
                                                                                                Hero bets $11, Button raises $34, Hero raises $79 (All-In), Button calls $56

River: ($201.50) 8 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $201.50

Results:
                                                                                                Button had 8, 5 (two pair, eights and fives).
                                                                                                Hero had Q, A (one pair, Queens).
                                                                                                Outcome: Button won $199.50

I had a 40bi downswing last year but can never remember running as bad in a single day as today. This was the only flip I won in 1.5k hands. Such jubilation when that J hit on the river

Hero (Button) ($109.72)
                                                                                                UTG ($101.10)
                                                                                                CO ($105.28)
                                                                                                BB ($32.43)
                                                                                                SB ($71.39)
                                                                                                MP ($70.98)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J, J
                                                                                                1 fold, MP bets $4, 1 fold, Hero raises $13, SB raises $70.89 (All-In), 1 fold, MP calls $66.98 (All-In), Hero calls $58.39

Flop: ($214.76) K, 2, 3 (3 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: ($214.76) 8 (3 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($214.76) J (3 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $214.76

Results:
                                                                                                Hero had J, J (three of a kind, Jacks).
                                                                                                SB didn't show
                                                                                                MP didn't show
                                                                                                Outcome: Hero won $211.76

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Not worthy of a thread... just sanity check to make sure im not losing my mind. Villian is 18/17/4.8 with 3b% of 7.2.
                                                                                                  Pre I think if I 4b and he 5bets his range obv crushes me but it would suck to fold. On the flop I think I just got excited and hoped he had TT,AA,KK or a bluff that he would go berserk with. When he barrels the turn Im think FFS but I have top set and when he shoves river I glance at the dog and he starts shifting nervously toward the door as he can sense a laptop being hurled in his direction imminently. So 4 questions.
                                                                                                  1. Should I 4b pre
                                                                                                  2. Should I raise flop
                                                                                                  3. Should I ship turn?(obv he had AK but aside from that)
                                                                                                  4. As played should I call river

CO ($115.35)
                                                                                                  MP ($107.53)
                                                                                                  Hero (Button) ($152.69)
                                                                                                  UTG ($101.50)
                                                                                                  BB ($155.31)
                                                                                                  SB ($148.46)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q, Q
                                                                                                  3 folds, Hero bets $3, SB raises $10.50, 1 fold, Hero calls $8

Flop: ($23) 10, 6, Q (2 players)
                                                                                                  SB bets $16, Hero calls $16

Turn: ($55) J (2 players)
                                                                                                  SB bets $39, Hero calls $39

River: ($133) 3 (2 players)
                                                                                                  SB bets $82.46 (All-In), Hero calls $82.46

Total pot: $297.92
                                                                                                  Last edited by BobSloane; 10-02-10, 22:40.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    In the btn v sb against a guy 3 betting 7% QQ is an auto super happy 4 bet get it in spot (4 betting and folding QQ shouldn't cross your mind under any circumstances by the way, if you believe his 5 bet range has us crushed than don't 4 bet. In this spot I'm happy to 4 bet). You should check his 3 bet by position, though. One persons 7% 3 bet is from 3 betting almost exclusively from the blinds while another mans 7% 3 bet can come almost exclusively from position. But either way, snap get it in. EDIT - actually just saw we're 150 deep, so I don't mind a flat here, it'd depend on dynamics and more specific reads.

I don't mind your flop call, though I prefer a small raise, but you absolutely 100% MUST shove the turn as played for so so many reasons. We miss so much value by only calling the turn and we're doing it with no real indication that he'll fire on the river with air anyway.

I definitely call the river yeah, sucks that he had AK, but we're ahead more than we're behind and getting over 2/1 it's going to be a profitable call for you.
                                                                                                    Last edited by Sledgejammer; 10-02-10, 22:42.

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Flatting is grand here 150 deep without aggressive history. Flop call is fine too and I ship the turn 100% of the time. So many bad rivers.

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        Did i miss something on the 1st of December 2009? Did the world start spinning in the oppisite direcion or what. Not a massive sample size since then but still seriously sucks ass.

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          Villian playing 20/0 with an agrression factor of 0.5. He has limped twice before and ive isoed and taken it down on the flop.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

BB ($22)
                                                                                                          UTG ($59.95)
                                                                                                          MP ($47)
                                                                                                          CO ($26.60)
                                                                                                          Hero (Button) ($50.50)
                                                                                                          SB ($50)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Jc, Js
                                                                                                          1 fold, MP calls $0.50, 1 fold, Hero bets $2.25, 2 folds, MP calls $1.75

Flop: ($5.25) 3d, Kc, 7s (2 players)
                                                                                                          MP checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($5.25) Jd (2 players)
                                                                                                          MP checks, Hero bets $4, MP calls $4

River: ($13.25) 9d (2 players)
                                                                                                          MP checks, Hero bets $7.50, MP raises to $40.75 (All-In)

Total pot: $28.25

river easy fold?

edit:
                                                                                                          Hand history wasnt saving correctly
                                                                                                          Last edited by shano_88; 18-02-10, 00:38. Reason: hh

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Where can I get away from this hand?
                                                                                                            By calling the flop raise, I have to call other bets?
                                                                                                            Effectively playing the hand as a bluff catcher?

Can I fold flop?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($3.34)
                                                                                                            Hero (UTG) ($20.50)
                                                                                                            MP ($7.52)
                                                                                                            CO ($9.97)
                                                                                                            Button ($7.55)
                                                                                                            SB ($9.86)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q, Q
                                                                                                            Hero bets $0.35, 1 fold, CO calls $0.35, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.85) J, 7, 5 (2 players)
                                                                                                            Hero bets $0.55, CO raises to $1.10, Hero calls $0.55

Turn: ($3.05) J (2 players)
                                                                                                            Hero checks, CO bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50

River: ($8.05) A (2 players)
                                                                                                            Hero checks, CO bets $6.02 (All-In), Hero calls $6.02

Total pot: $20.09 | Rake: $1.33

Results below:
                                                                                                            Hero had Q, Q (two pair, Queens and Jacks).
                                                                                                            CO had 7, 7 (full house, sevens over Jacks).
                                                                                                            Outcome: CO won $18.76

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Quick line check.

is this fine as long as I fold to 5bet?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

Button ($11.17)
                                                                                                              SB ($10.79)
                                                                                                              BB ($18.66)
                                                                                                              Hero (UTG) ($12.77)
                                                                                                              MP ($10)
                                                                                                              CO ($10.83)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J, A
                                                                                                              Hero bets $0.35, 3 folds, SB calls $0.30, BB raises to $1.40, Hero raises to $3.25, 2 folds

Total pot: $3.15 | Rake: $0

Results below:
                                                                                                              Hero didn't show J, A.
                                                                                                              Outcome: Hero won $3.15

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Emmet

Hand 1: Fold turn.

Hand 2: I'd prefer to make it like 2.90, but AJ is a fine hand to 4b/fold.

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  Yeah that's pretty much the nut worst turn in the deck for you, I'd fold there and definitely fold the river. I think maybe he takes this line bluffing like 5% of the time or something, but they'll nearly always give up on their silly min-raise bluffs, it's not usually a set up for a big turn bet and river shove with air, and given the turn and river there's literally 0 hands he bets for value that we beat especially since he's in position so wont just fire randomly to stop you firing.

And yeah AJ is a fine 4 bet/fold hand because it has great card removal, so if BB is squeeze happy then yeah, that's fine.

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    (sorry, bad beat)

First hand back after the holidays.... very first hand!!!!

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($61.50)
                                                                                                                    SB ($172.95)
                                                                                                                    BB ($202.95)
                                                                                                                    UTG ($114.10)
                                                                                                                    MP ($78.10)
                                                                                                                    Hero (CO) ($50)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, A
                                                                                                                    2 folds, Hero bets $1.50, Button raises $6, 2 folds, Hero raises $15.50, Button calls $11

Flop: ($34.75) 8, 7, 5 (2 players)
                                                                                                                    Hero bets $33 (All-In), Button calls $33

Turn: ($100.75) 10 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($100.75) Q (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $100.75

Results:
                                                                                                                    Button had 10, 10 (three of a kind, tens).
                                                                                                                    Hero had A, A (one pair, Aces).
                                                                                                                    Outcome: Button won $97.75

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Thoughts on this hand?

Villain had just gotten a double up by calling a PSB on a flop to hit a 4card straight.

Standard fold with so much play left in the tournament?

30 players left, 18 paid.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 1.1 Tournament, 120/240 Blinds 25 Ante (7 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

Hero (MP2) (t10286)
                                                                                                                      CO (t9735)
                                                                                                                      Button (t9995)
                                                                                                                      SB (t6186)
                                                                                                                      BB (t10895)
                                                                                                                      UTG (t7254)
                                                                                                                      MP1 (t6715)

Hero's M: 19.23

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, J
                                                                                                                      1 fold, MP1 calls t240, Hero bets t655, CO calls t655, 1 fold, SB calls t535, 1 fold, MP1 raises to t6690 (All-In), 3 folds

Total pot: t3035

Results:
                                                                                                                      MP1 didn't show
                                                                                                                      Outcome: MP1 won t3035

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        Yeah very easy fold imo

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X