$20 to millions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$20 to millions!

Hey everybody thought I'd start myself a log. Have one for fitness on boards so why not one for poker. So I started on $20 on pokerstars and played omaha for a good while eventually getting it up to about $300 with good BR management. Then I switched to FT as I got a RB deal from them. Got it upto about $400 and have been between $300 and $400 since. Decided to switch back to Hold'em as I really haven't gotten a clue what I'm doing playing omaha and the swings really hit you in it! (80BI downswings not that uncommon! WTF!).

So right now I'm on $340 with the intention of just keeping all my money on the site and moving up when I get 20BI until 50NL were I'll want 30BI and moving down as required by my bankroll. I don't play a million hands or anything due to other stuff going on in my life and I won't be playing everyday or anything but will post when I do play a few hundred hands at a time. I will try to keep it fairly consistent when I can.

Currently I'm using Pokertracker 3 with the advanced HUD setup. Would switch to Hold'em Manager but I'm going to be travelling soon and the only laptop I have is a MacBook which Pokertracker supports and Hold'em Manager doesn't. Also I'm only 4 tabling as this is the optimal one for my laptop. It can do 6 but theres a bit of overlap and it's a bit annoying with a trackpad tbh.

So today was a bit annoying playing. Felt like alot of my hands I got rivered on or just missed completely. Still came up a BI up due to some very nice hands at the end of my session . My graphs down the bottom and here's some hands I'd like some feedback on-

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (Button) ($11.14)
    SB ($10.10)
    BB ($7)
    UTG ($15.32)
    MP ($9.63)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7, 6
    2 folds, Hero bets $0.30, SB calls $0.25, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.70) 7, 6, 8 (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, SB raises to $1.60, Hero calls $1.20

Turn: ($3.90) K (2 players)
    SB bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50

River: ($8.90) 2 (2 players)
    SB bets $5.70 (All-In), Hero?

Total pot: $8.90

Should this be an insta call or an obvious fold? No info on villian but he's I think he's showing very strong strenth the whole way. Should I be folding the turn if I'm not calling the river?
    Attached Files

gl man

Comment

Best of luck.

Comment

Today was ok. Nice big hands toward the end. Not really happy with how I played this one hand. I was playing 15/15 and villian was 27/7 and BB was playing 10/7-

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($9.40)
        Hero (CO) ($11.69)
        Button ($11.36)
        SB ($10)
        BB ($10)
        UTG ($11.62)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 10, A
        UTG bets $0.30, MP calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, 2 folds, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($1.25) 10, 7, 4 (4 players)
        BB checks, UTG bets $0.80, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.80, BB calls $0.80

Turn: ($3.65) 2 (3 players)
        BB checks, UTG bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, BB raises to $4.10, 1 fold, Hero folds

Total pot: $8.15 | Rake: $0.54

I think turn bet should have been a fold here since he's betting fairly strong into 2 players as a very tight opener in early position. Live and learn I guess.

Here's my graph-
        [IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Comment

GL and MrPink on boards?

Comment

Originally posted by PinkFart View Post
            Today was ok. Nice big hands toward the end. Not really happy with how I played this one hand. I was playing 15/15 and villian was 27/7 and BB was playing 10/7-

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($9.40)
            Hero (CO) ($11.69)
            Button ($11.36)
            SB ($10)
            BB ($10)
            UTG ($11.62)

UTG bets $0.30, MP calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, 2 folds, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($1.25) 10, 7, 4 (4 players)
            BB checks, UTG bets $0.80, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.80, BB calls $0.80

Turn: ($3.65) 2 (3 players)
            BB checks, UTG bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, BB raises to $4.10, 1 fold, Hero folds

Total pot: $8.15 | Rake: $0.54

I think turn bet should have been a fold here since he's betting fairly strong into 2 players as a very tight opener in early position. Live and learn I guess.

Here's my graph-
            [IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
            $

Just noticed $8.15 pot 54cents rake thats a rip off.
            should it not be 50 cents in every 10 dollars capped at 3 when pot hits 60bucks?
            if this is teh case id find somewhere else to play with better rake structure
            rake will kill u at these levels even with 27%back

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor
              GL and MrPink on boards?
              Nope I'm Blacktie. on boards. Seen Mr. Pinks log though. Gimme a bit of time and I'll be there

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
              $

Just noticed $8.15 pot 54cents rake thats a rip off.
              should it not be 50 cents in every 10 dollars capped at 3 when pot hits 60bucks?
              if this is teh case id find somewhere else to play with better rake structure
              rake will kill u at these levels even with 27%back
              That's a good point I didn't even notice that. I thought the same thing. Will have to look into the rake structure.

Comment

So turns out the max rake at $0.05, $0.10 with 5-9 players (I play 6-max) is $2.00. They take $0.01 for every $0.15 in the pot. Ipokers is actually the same but I could probably get a much better RB deal on an ipoker network. I have accounts on alot of them already so I'll have to ask around to find a good skin and RB deal that I havn't already used.
                Last edited by PinkFart; 10-03-11, 11:19.

Comment

So turns out the max rake at $0.05, $0.10 with 5-9 players (I play 6-max) is $2.00. They take $0.01 for every $0.15 in the pot. Ipokers is actually the same but I could probably get a much better RB deal on an ipoker network. I have accounts on alot of them already so I'll have to ask around to find a good skin and RB deal that I havn't already used.
                  Check the sigs of a few posters here, there are a few that could sort you out with a good RB deal for ipoker.

Good luck!
                  We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

So today started well and just didn't really go anywhere. Had alot of pocket pairs but hit very few sets. That was annoying. Not that that was the only way I was going to win the hands I won a few just by betting or picking up on weaknesses but it was still annoying. I got AK 13 times! 13! And made a profit of about $1.50 off it. Dam OOP. Pretty uneventful poker today really.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

Can't really switch from FT as I'm travelling soon and got a MacBook to play poker and no ipoker clients on it. Ah well. So I started 6 tabling today and think I'm on a bit of a downswing. Either that or I havn't properly adjusted yet. These are the hands that is that big nice steep drop in my graph-

Hero (Button) ($20.29)
                      SB ($10.05)
                      BB ($10)
                      UTG ($10.15)
                      MP ($11.36)
                      CO ($10.46)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6, 7
                      1 fold, MP bets $0.30, CO calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, SB calls $0.25, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.30) 7, 9, 7 (4 players)
                      SB checks, MP checks, CO bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.80, 2 folds, CO raises to $4.05, Hero raises to $6.30, CO raises to $8.55, Hero raises to $10.80, CO calls $1.61 (All-In)

Turn: ($21.62) 6 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($21.62) 10 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $21.62 | Rake: $1.44

Results:
                      Hero had 6, 7 (full house, sevens over sixes).
                      CO had 9, 9 (full house, nines over sevens).
                      Outcome: CO won $20.18

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($5)
                      Hero (BB) ($15.27)
                      UTG ($9.65)
                      MP ($16.53)
                      Button ($10.30)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2, 3
                      UTG calls $0.10, 1 fold, Button calls $0.10, 1 fold, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.35) 4, 6, 5 (3 players)
                      Hero bets $0.50, UTG calls $0.50, Button raises to $1.30, Hero raises to $3, 1 fold, Button raises to $10.20 (All-In), Hero calls $7.20

Turn: ($21.25) 5 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($21.25) 3 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $21.25 | Rake: $1.41

Results:
                      Button had 8, 7 (straight, eight high).
                      Hero had 2, 3 (straight, six high).
                      Outcome: Button won $19.84

SB ($10)
                      BB ($10)
                      UTG ($11.42)
                      Hero (MP) ($10)
                      CO ($11.17)
                      Button ($13.03)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K, K
                      1 fold, Hero bets $0.40, 1 fold, Button calls $0.40, 1 fold, BB raises to $1.60, Hero raises to $4, 1 fold, BB raises to $10 (All-In), Hero calls $6 (All-In)

Flop: ($20.45) Q, 7, A (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: ($20.45) 10 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($20.45) Q (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $20.45 | Rake: $1.36

Results:
                      BB had K, A (two pair, Aces and Queens).
                      Hero had K, K (two pair, Kings and Queens).
                      Outcome: BB won $19.09

And this is me tilting aghainst a 77/8 donk-

MP ($14.92)
                      CO ($10)
                      Button ($11)
                      Hero (SB) ($10)
                      BB ($13.10)
                      UTG ($11.02)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K
                      UTG calls $0.10, 2 folds, Button bets $0.45, Hero raises to $1.55, 1 fold, UTG calls $1.45, 1 fold

Flop: ($3.65) 7, 3, 2 (2 players)
                      Hero checks, UTG bets $3.65, Hero raises to $8.45 (All-In), UTG calls $4.80

Turn: ($20.55) 8 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($20.55) 4 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $20.55 | Rake: $1.37

Results:
                      Hero had A, K (high card, Ace).
                      UTG had 4, 4 (three of a kind, fours).
                      Outcome: UTG won $19.18

And my graph for today of course-

Comment

they're all coolers bar the AK hand, assume no fold equity vs those guys, simply valuebet the shit out of everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                          they're all coolers bar the AK hand, assume no fold equity vs those guys, simply valuebet the shit out of everything.
                          Yeah that's what i was hoping although I don't like my bet sizing on them. Like the first hand raising it upto $6.30 from $4.05. What's that like a min raise? Don't know what I was thinking. Even the second hand only pumping it upto $3 is possibly a leak here. Maybe $3.80 or at least $3.50 would be better I think. Thoughts?

Comment

yeah the minraise is all sorts of ghey. If he calls the minraise and a club,8,T run off on the turn you cry.

Just shove over his raise.

Comment

yeah the minraise is all sorts of ghey. If he calls the minraise and a club,8,T run off on the turn you cry.

Just shove over his raise.
                              Agreed. Think I'll start posting hands on 2+2 again and start replying to some. Very good way to get back into the swing of things and improve I find.

Comment

Post them here sure, there's plenty of people open to give good advice to people who actively want to learn.

Its useful to everyone to have genuinely interested posters posting hand histories for discussions.

Comment

2+2 is a shit place to post hand. You get 49% assholes trying to put everyone else down, 49% idiots, and 2% good info. Much easier to filter the good advise from the bad here even if there's much less of it. And the mods aren't fascists here either. If someone's an idiot you can call them an idiot without getting banned.
                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Played a bit more alter in the day and made back most of whatr I lost bar that tilt hand I guess. New graph-

Comment

So another horrible day today. The downswings continue as people catch flushs and 2 outters against me. Here's my favourite hands of today-

I'm running at 50/46 after a nice few hadns with a steal of 58%. Villian is 23/19 with a PF 3bet of 10% from th e blinds. I figure I',m facing some mid range pocket here or a high ace and villian is only stacking with made flush or set. I'm wrong-

MP ($11.99)
                                      CO ($9.85)
                                      Hero (Button) ($17.65)
                                      SB ($11.08)
                                      BB ($10)
                                      UTG ($10.34)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J, A
                                      3 folds, Hero bets $0.30, SB raises to $1, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.10) 4, 8, 2 (2 players)
                                      SB bets $1.30, Hero raises to $3.20, SB raises to $10.08 (All-In), Hero calls $6.88

Turn: ($22.26) K (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($22.26) 4 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $22.26 | Rake: $1.48

Results:
                                      Hero had J, A (one pair, fours).
                                      SB had A, A (two pair, Aces and fours).
                                      Outcome: SB won $20.78

Second hand I'm running at 23/18 and villian is unknown. Figured he was betting big for the draw and to give him some fold equity. My decision for the hand should have been made on the flop rather than the turn and I guess the river was just all part of my nice little downswing I'm apparently in...-

Hero (MP) ($14.07)
                                      CO ($7.25)
                                      Button ($6.91)
                                      SB ($11.02)
                                      BB ($12.99)
                                      UTG ($14.03)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A, A
                                      1 fold, Hero bets $0.40, 1 fold, Button calls $0.40, SB calls $0.35, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.30) Q, 3, Q (3 players)
                                      SB bets $1.30, Hero calls $1.30, 1 fold

Turn: ($3.90) 5 (2 players)
                                      SB bets $3.90, Hero raises to $12.37 (All-In), SB calls $5.42 (All-In)

River: ($22.54) 7 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $22.54 | Rake: $1.50

Results:
                                      SB had 9, K (flush, King high).
                                      Hero had A, A (two pair, Aces and Queens).
                                      Outcome: SB won $21.04

In this hand I'm running at 38/33 with a steal of 61%. Villian is unknown again. This hand was just annoying-

SB ($31.64)
                                      BB ($7.09)
                                      UTG ($12.12)
                                      Hero (MP) ($10.40)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 2, A
                                      1 fold, Hero bets $0.35, 1 fold, BB calls $0.25

Flop: ($0.75) 9, 2, 2 (2 players)
                                      BB bets $0.70, Hero raises to $1.90, BB raises to $6.74 (All-In), Hero calls $4.84

Turn: ($14.23) J (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($14.23) 9 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $14.23 | Rake: $0.94

Results:
                                      BB had J, 9 (full house, nines over Jacks).
                                      Hero had 2, A (full house, twos over nines).
                                      Outcome: BB won $13.29

Here's todays grpah with expected EV in yellow -

Comment

Hand 2 is fine.

I wouldnt raise the flop in 3.

Just keep playing tons of hands, those spots will even themselves out.
                                        Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                        I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                        None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                          Hand 2 is fine.

I wouldnt raise the flop in 3.

Just keep playing tons of hands, those spots will even themselves out.
                                          Why not raise the flop in hand 3? Looking to just let him barrel into me?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                            2+2 is a shit place to post hand. You get 49% assholes trying to put everyone else down, 49% idiots, and 2% good info. Much easier to filter the good advise from the bad here even if there's much less of it. And the mods aren't fascists here either. If someone's an idiot you can call them an idiot without getting banned.
                                            Id say a lot would disagree with this.
                                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Why not raise the flop in hand 3? Looking to just let him barrel into me?
                                              Yeah readless id generally just flat there and let him fire.
                                              None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

And if a diamond peels off? Seems to me at these stakes you can just value bet the whole way.

Comment

And if a diamond peels off? Seems to me at these stakes you can just value bet the whole way.
                                                  Im more than likely not folding at any point.

Yeah if you were first to act id be bet bet betting but raising his donk lead is strong and hes going to have crap there a lot of the time. Im happy to see if he keeps firing or hits an overcard or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                    Im more than likely not folding at any point.

Yeah if you were first to act id be bet bet betting but raising his donk lead is strong and hes going to have crap there a lot of the time. Im happy to see if he keeps firing or hits an overcard or something.
                                                    Yeah I get were you're coming from. Suppose there's not alot of hands he's continuing with when I raise except overpairs and maybe A9. Will consider that in future. So today was abit all over the place. Started by playing in the morning and losing 4BI's (PT3 missed one of them. Must have closed the table to fast. Came back later in the evening and won them all back with a few dollars extra for good measure sob I'm happy enough.

Had a bit of Fancy Play Syndrome in this hand. I was running at 45/39 and villian is unknown. Thought with some action he'd fold an ace here and then when I missed the river the only way to win the pot was to jam. One pair is good for an all in though -

MP ($10.15)
                                                    Hero (Button) ($10)
                                                    SB ($10.78)
                                                    BB ($24.58)
                                                    UTG ($9.25)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 10, 8
                                                    1 fold, MP bets $0.35, Hero calls $0.35, 1 fold, BB calls $0.25

Flop: ($1.10) A, K, 9 (3 players)
                                                    BB checks, MP bets $0.80, Hero raises to $2, 1 fold, MP calls $1.20

Turn: ($5.10) 2 (2 players)
                                                    MP checks, Hero bets $2.50, MP calls $2.50

River: ($10.10) 2 (2 players)
                                                    MP checks, Hero bets $5.15 (All-In), MP calls $5.15

Total pot: $20.40 | Rake: $1.36

Results:
                                                    Hero had 10, 8 (one pair, twos).
                                                    MP had A, J (two pair, Aces and twos).
                                                    Outcome: MP won $19.04

Not so sure about this hand. I'm running at 13/13. Villian is 63/44 over 16 hands. Should I be checking back this flop and what about the river? Call?

Button ($10.56)
                                                    SB ($11.43)
                                                    BB ($10)
                                                    UTG ($19.37)
                                                    Hero (MP) ($10)
                                                    CO ($7.26)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K, A
                                                    UTG bets $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, 4 folds, UTG calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.95) Q, 9, 3 (2 players)
                                                    UTG checks, Hero bets $0.90, UTG calls $0.90

Turn: ($3.75) 7 (2 players)
                                                    UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($3.75) K (2 players)
                                                    UTG bets $2, Hero?

Total pot: $7.75 | Rake: $0.51

Here's my graph. As I said PT3 missed a BI down-

Comment

Today was a pretty good day. Didn't get any action with my aces, kings or queens but managed to make some money out of quad 3's :-). See below-

Hero (BB) ($14.46)
                                                      UTG ($10)
                                                      MP ($10.45)
                                                      CO ($16.45)
                                                      Button ($18.70)
                                                      SB ($3.72)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3, 3
                                                      UTG bets $0.30, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65) A, 3, Q (2 players)
                                                      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.80, UTG calls $1.30

Turn: ($4.25) 3 (2 players)
                                                      Hero checks, UTG checks

River: ($4.25) 6 (2 players)
                                                      Hero bets $3, UTG calls $3

Total pot: $10.25 | Rake: $0.68

Results:
                                                      Hero had 3, 3 (four of a kind, threes).
                                                      UTG had K, A (two pair, Aces and threes).
                                                      Outcome: Hero won $9.57

Here's my graph-

Comment

Bet that turn!

Comment

Bet the turn, missed a street of value.

Comment

Bet that turn!
                                                            Check to get value on the river no? Higher stakes I'd bet the turn... Hmm just realising what I'm saying now really. I'll go back to my corner lol. Player was a bit of a nit aswell like 18/16 something like that.

But yeah agreed will bet turn in future!

Comment

33 is the only hand you have that check raises the flop and is improved on the turn.

JTcc, KJcc, KTcc as well as plenty of airballs that you're bluffing with.

At these stakes, its safe to assume that nobody folds near enough. You need to bet all your value hands to their optimum. Extraction is key.

If you bet the turn 2.25 he can shove AK there happily imo, and even if he doesn't, he'll talk himself into a call on most river shoves anyway.

He's UTG, his range absolutely smashes the flop, he loves it tbh!

Comment

Today was meh. Started the session by losing a race AK vs QQ. Ah well these things happen. Crawled a bit of it back but lost another chunk with Q high flush vs Quads. Get over it and move on I guess.

Here's a hand I wasn't sure about. I'm running at 28/23 and villian (BTN) is 22/19 and UTG is 13/10. Should I call or fold here? Seems like the vilian is trying to stack UTG with small bet sizing to get him to call and slowly getting his already small stack in the middle. And is the flop a raise or is calling ok here?

CO ($17.31)
                                                                Button ($24.65)
                                                                Hero (SB) ($11.72)
                                                                BB ($10)
                                                                UTG ($7.61)
                                                                MP ($5)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J
                                                                1 fold, MP bets $0.35, 1 fold, Button calls $0.35, Hero calls $0.30, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.15) 8, 9, 8 (3 players)
                                                                Hero checks, MP bets $0.90, Button calls $0.90, Hero calls $0.90

Turn: ($3.85) 5 (3 players)
                                                                Hero checks, MP checks, Button bets $1.30, Hero?

Here's my graph of today-

Comment

Ah! Sick of playing a thousand hands at a time and being BE or down. I'm not so sure it's a downswing now either. Keep chugging along anyway I guess.

This hand was against a 85/2. Massive fish donk bet every single flop usually for an overbet. He was also running dam good which was annoying! I got a bit of my money back but not it all by a longshot.

BB ($10.23)
                                                                  UTG ($13.85)
                                                                  MP ($9.66)
                                                                  CO ($13.36)
                                                                  Hero (Button) ($10)
                                                                  SB ($3.25)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A, A
                                                                  UTG calls $0.10, 1 fold, CO calls $0.10, Hero bets $0.50, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.40, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.25) 4, J, 2 (2 players)
                                                                  UTG bets $0.35, Hero raises to $1, UTG calls $0.65

Turn: ($3.25) 2 (2 players)
                                                                  UTG bets $1.35, Hero raises to $4, UTG raises to $6.65, Hero raises to $8.50 (All-In), UTG calls $1.85

River: ($20.25) 5 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $20.25 | Rake: $1.35

Results:
                                                                  Hero had A, A (two pair, Aces and twos).
                                                                  UTG had 2, K (three of a kind, twos).
                                                                  Outcome: UTG won $18.90

This hand I'm not quite so sure about. I'm running at 16/14. Villian is 42/14 but seems able to fold to bets. Is shis river raise let me know I'm beat or could he be bluffing here with a FD?

UTG ($10.15)
                                                                  MP ($13.20)
                                                                  CO ($9.35)
                                                                  Button ($10)
                                                                  SB ($18.47)
                                                                  Hero (BB) ($10.10)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5, 7
                                                                  1 fold, MP calls $0.10, 2 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.30) 3, 10, 5 (3 players)
                                                                  SB checks, Hero bets $0.20, MP calls $0.20, 1 fold

Turn: ($0.70) 5 (2 players)
                                                                  Hero bets $0.50, MP calls $0.50

River: ($1.70) 10 (2 players)
                                                                  Hero bets $1, MP raises to $4.70, Hero?

Graph for the day-

Comment

Hand 1, raise flop to 1.35. Treat his bet like a check and look at the potsize and bet accordingly. Turn is kind of annoying alright.

Hand 2, what are you betting flop for? Do you expect him to call with worse hands? What are you doing on a K/Q/A or spade turn? Snapfold river, players never bluff raise rivers at this level because nobody ever folds on the river. He has a T here more than he has a 5 for a split, and he never has a diamond draw.

Comment

Hand 1, raise flop to 1.35. Treat his bet like a check and look at the potsize and bet accordingly. Turn is kind of annoying alright.

Hand 2, what are you betting flop for? Do you expect him to call with worse hands? What are you doing on a K/Q/A or spade turn? Snapfold river, players never bluff raise rivers at this level because nobody ever folds on the river. He has a T here more than he has a 5 for a split, and he never has a diamond draw.
                                                                      I usually treat donk bets like a check alright but I think you're right I do need to adjust my sizing and move it higher than what a regualar cbet would be.

On hand 2 I usually just bet when I hit anything in a limped in pot unless there's more than 2 other people in it. People usually just miss and I take it down or if not I can always improve like I did in that hand. Looking for too much thin value at these stakes you think?

Comment

What worse hands does he have that he is calling that bet with? - Value?
                                                                        What better hands is he folding? - Bluff?

He's never folding any T, so you're going to have to bet more than once, and possibly still not get him to fold even T2, all to win 2bbs?

Not fighting for small pots is a leak alright, but I'd much rather a bet here with K3 than 57 in this spot, you rarely know what's going on on any turn bar a 5 or a 7, and betting and then c/f two streets is definitely poor here.

Comment

What worse hands does he have that he is calling that bet with? - Value?
                                                                          What better hands is he folding? - Bluff?

He's never folding any T, so you're going to have to bet more than once, and possibly still not get him to fold even T2, all to win 2bbs?

Not fighting for small pots is a leak alright, but I'd much rather a bet here with K3 than 57 in this spot, you rarely know what's going on on any turn bar a 5 or a 7, and betting and then c/f two streets is definitely poor here.
                                                                          I'll keep that in mind next time alright.

Comment

emmet, re hand 2, do we not bet to protect our hand? i mean we take the pot down alot. if we check he can bet and bluff us off. he can call with all sorts of hands that we are ahead of like random overs , fd and straight draws?

just curious as i would always bet here assuming i am ahead mostly and reevalute on turn but maybe i shuldn't hmm. ofc the river is a snap fold. he has a T, for sure

Comment

#39
                                                                              win money not pots...

I don't mind being bluffed off a 2/3bb pot, but I think betting 2.25bbs to "protect our hand" when we have no idea what hand villain has, or no plan for future streets is -EV here.

Comment

#40
                                                                                win money not pots...

I don't mind being bluffed off a 2/3bb pot, but I think betting 2.25bbs to "protect our hand" when we have no idea what hand villain has, or no plan for future streets is -EV here.
                                                                                u say we dont knwo what he has?
                                                                                for a start he's playin 42% of hands so we can we not assume he has mostly missed and will fold to a bet. i.e. win money.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Originally posted by bustamoves View Post
                                                                                  u say we dont knwo what he has?
                                                                                  for a start he's playin 42% of hands so we can we not assume he has mostly missed and will fold to a bet. i.e. win money.
                                                                                  So then we are bluffing yes? Or are we ahead?

We have a hand somewhere in the middle of that range, and vs guys that are unpredictable, I prefer to check. Its just one of those occasions where I have no problem folding the best hand sometimes, as you will lose more money the times he calls you down with a dodgey overcard that hits the turn, a better 5, or a T than you will make from the time he folds.

42% of hands means we can only assume that he is not good.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    So I've come to the conclusion that I'm a horrible poker player! God damn downswings! Fav. hands of the evening are below. Blah!-

CO ($11.44)
                                                                                    Button ($10.09)
                                                                                    SB ($12.31)
                                                                                    BB ($12.51)
                                                                                    UTG ($6.65)
                                                                                    Hero (MP) ($11.96)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q, Q
                                                                                    1 fold, Hero bets $0.40, 1 fold, Button raises to $1.10, 2 folds, Hero raises to $3.50, Button raises to $10.09 (All-In), Hero calls $6.59

Flop: ($20.33) 5, 5, K (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: ($20.33) 9 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($20.33) K (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $20.33 | Rake: $1.35

Results:
                                                                                    Button had A, A (two pair, Aces and Kings).
                                                                                    Hero had Q, Q (two pair, Kings and Queens).
                                                                                    Outcome: Button won $18.98

This is me not believing a tilting reg-

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (4 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (Button) ($12.07)
                                                                                    SB ($18.72)
                                                                                    BB ($10.45)
                                                                                    UTG ($10)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9, A
                                                                                    1 fold, Hero bets $0.30, SB calls $0.25, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.90) 9, 3, 3 (3 players)
                                                                                    SB bets $0.90, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.90

Turn: ($2.70) 10 (2 players)
                                                                                    SB bets $1, Hero calls $1

River: ($4.70) 2 (2 players)
                                                                                    SB bets $3.65, Hero calls $3.65

Total pot: $12 | Rake: $0.80

Results:
                                                                                    Hero had 9, A (two pair, nines and threes).
                                                                                    SB had K, 10 (two pair, tens and threes).
                                                                                    Outcome: SB won $11.20

Another great all-in hand for me-

BB ($11.90)
                                                                                    Hero (UTG) ($10)
                                                                                    MP ($10.08)
                                                                                    CO ($6.65)
                                                                                    Button ($10.15)
                                                                                    SB ($6.65)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A, K
                                                                                    Hero bets $0.40, MP calls $0.40, 2 folds, SB raises to $1.30, BB calls $1.20, Hero raises to $5, 1 fold, SB raises to $6.65 (All-In), 1 fold, Hero calls $1.65

Flop: ($15) 7, 8, 6 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: ($15) 7 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($15) 9 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $15 | Rake: $1

Results:
                                                                                    SB had K, K (two pair, Kings and sevens).
                                                                                    Hero had A, K (one pair, sevens).
                                                                                    Outcome: SB won $14

And against a shortstacker (sigh...)-

Hero (BB) ($10)
                                                                                    UTG ($3.47)
                                                                                    MP ($10.43)
                                                                                    Button ($10)
                                                                                    SB ($11.64)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, Q
                                                                                    UTG bets $0.40, 3 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, UTG raises to $3.47 (All-In), Hero calls $2.22

Flop: ($6.99) J, 5, Q (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: ($6.99) K (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($6.99) 3 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $6.99 | Rake: $0.46

Results:
                                                                                    Hero had A, Q (one pair, Queens).
                                                                                    UTG had J, Q (two pair, Queens and Jacks).
                                                                                    Outcome: UTG won $6.53

And I got this hand that I didn't really know what was going on. I always assume turn check raises are v strong though.

BB ($10)
                                                                                    Hero (UTG) ($14.62)
                                                                                    MP ($3.35)
                                                                                    Button ($10.59)
                                                                                    SB ($10.72)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K, K
                                                                                    Hero bets $0.40, 2 folds, SB calls $0.35, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.90) Q, 10, 8 (2 players)
                                                                                    SB checks, Hero bets $0.70, SB calls $0.70

Turn: ($2.30) 5 (2 players)
                                                                                    SB checks, Hero bets $1.50, SB raises to $9.62 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: $5.30 | Rake: $0.35

Results:
                                                                                    SB didn't show
                                                                                    Outcome: SB won $4.95

Anyway here's my new horrible graph of today. I seem to have a good few of these 4BI down days...-

Comment

#43
                                                                                      4bet is too big in hand 1 - no way you can 4bet fold any hand if you 4bet to 35bbs, means that you "can't be bluffing" and allows villains to play perfectly against you. 4bets need to be smaller. 22/26bbs is fine!

Fold river in hand 2. You will tilt by calling river, he never fires 3 barrels with less than a nine. That's a 3 more often than not.

Again your 4bet is too big. Either 4bet smaller, call, or shove. I'd probably just shove.

nh ul

nh good fold

Comment

#44

Again your 4bet is too big. Either 4bet smaller, call, or shove. I'd probably just shove.
                                                                                        I take it you're referring to the AKhh hand here? Yeah I was thinking it was pretty big alright but didn't want to make it only 3x or whatever and price the other guy in to call. Shoving probably would have been better alright.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          This is seriously getting depressing. Do I really need to nit it up completely and stop stealing every oppertunity I get? Guess I'll play a bit later and try to recover some of what has been lost.

Should I stop making thses "automatic" decisions?-

Hero (MP) ($10.15)
                                                                                          CO ($21.96)
                                                                                          Button ($10.87)
                                                                                          SB ($12.74)
                                                                                          BB ($10)
                                                                                          UTG ($10)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A, J
                                                                                          1 fold, Hero bets $0.40, 1 fold, Button calls $0.40, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.95) A, J, 4 (2 players)
                                                                                          Hero bets $0.70, Button raises to $2.10, Hero raises to $6, Button raises to $9.90, Hero calls $3.75 (All-In)

Turn: ($20.45) 7 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($20.45) 3 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $20.45 | Rake: $1.36

Results:
                                                                                          Button had 4, 4 (three of a kind, fours).
                                                                                          Hero had A, J (two pair, Aces and Jacks).
                                                                                          Outcome: Button won $19.09

The other BI I lost is just cbets and stuff like that that didn't work out such as below-

Hero (CO) ($10)
                                                                                          Button ($10.92)
                                                                                          SB ($8.65)
                                                                                          BB ($17.48)
                                                                                          UTG ($11.47)
                                                                                          MP ($10.97)

2 folds, Hero bets $0.35, 2 folds, BB calls $0.25

Flop: ($0.75) 4, 10, 8 (2 players)
                                                                                          BB checks, Hero bets $0.50, BB calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.75) 2 (2 players)
                                                                                          BB checks, Hero bets $1.30, BB raises to $3.30, Hero folds

Total pot: $4.35 | Rake: $0.29

Results:
                                                                                          BB didn't show
                                                                                          Outcome: BB won $4.06

Graph-

Comment

#46
                                                                                            your 3bet on the flop is badly sized in H1. You want to either shove, or make an almost minraise there. Probably minraising tbh, to allow him to think that there's some possibility you'll fold if he shoves a draw (you need this extra bit of equity to make playing draws hard to be profitable). Just a cooler when he flips the 44.

nh

Comment

#47
                                                                                              your 3bet on the flop is badly sized in H1. You want to either shove, or make an almost minraise there. Probably minraising tbh, to allow him to think that there's some possibility you'll fold if he shoves a draw (you need this extra bit of equity to make playing draws hard to be profitable). Just a cooler when he flips the 44.

nh
                                                                                              Ok so basically if I'm committing more than half my stack it's bad then? Like I should make the decision to either min raise for the (perceived) fold equity (for him) or just shove over rather than committing over half my stack and just shoving the rest in every single turn yeah?

Comment

#48
                                                                                                pretty much. When you raise that much you clearly identify that you have a very strong hand, that's never folding. So immediately, if he's bluffing / semi bluffing / drawing he can fold quite easily and you lose money that he could've committed to the pot.

When you min+abit you give him some more to think about, maybe you're raise / folding because you think that he raises the button really wide here, but you don't have a hand that can get to SD, but you think that he can fold - a bit of levelling going on here, probably not 10nl stuff-.

If I was villain, after you raise that much, I seriously consider dumping A4, 67s, 78s, 89s,9Ts and QTs, simply because I know that you aren't folding to a shove ever, and I need you to fold sometimes there to make shoving +EV.

When you have such a strong hand, and face a raise, you need to figure what kind of hands raise in that spot, and what they do to react to a reraise / call etc, and which is the best way to play your hand against that range in order to get max value. He raises A4, AJ, KQs, QTs,T9s,89s,78s and 44 and JJ and AA. (but he never has AA or JJ here, and rarely has AJ. So his range is mostly made up of draws, that need to be shoving to make money, but you're giving him a chance to get away from them. You're missing out on $$$

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Ok yeah I get you. I'm going to go back to 4 tabling and work more on my hand reading rather than just playing the ultimate value of my hand until something weird happens.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Today wasn't too bad. I did get rivered by a 2 outter by a fish who I'd doubled up only a few hands before so that was annoying. I am happier with my bet sizing today though. Also I went back to 4 tabling. Less hands/hour is a bit annoying.

So firstly the 2 outter. I'm running at 40/34 and villian is 67/8. I figure the stacks are shallow as it is and by min 3betting it's easy enough to get in on the turn anyway.

UTG ($9.35)
                                                                                                    MP ($10)
                                                                                                    Button ($10.32)
                                                                                                    SB ($7.69)
                                                                                                    Hero (BB) ($18.65)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7, A
                                                                                                    3 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero bets $0.40, SB raises to $0.70, Hero calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.40) 7, 7, K (2 players)
                                                                                                    SB bets $0.30, Hero raises to $1, SB raises to $1.70, Hero raises to $2.40, SB calls $0.70

Turn: ($6.20) 6 (2 players)
                                                                                                    SB checks, Hero bets $4.59, SB calls $4.59 (All-In)

River: ($15.38) K (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $15.38 | Rake: $1.02

Results:
                                                                                                    SB had K, A (full house, Kings over sevens).
                                                                                                    Hero had 7, A (full house, sevens over Kings).
                                                                                                    Outcome: SB won $14.36

For my this hand I'm not so sure about flop action. I'm running at 14/7 and villian is 71/21 (14 hands). Should I make my decision on the flop here and raise over or call and evaluate the turn?

Hero (Button) ($10)
                                                                                                    SB ($11.52)
                                                                                                    BB ($22.22)
                                                                                                    UTG ($13.44)
                                                                                                    MP ($10)
                                                                                                    CO ($5.03)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9, 10
                                                                                                    2 folds, CO calls $0.10, Hero bets $0.40, 1 fold, BB calls $0.30, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.95) 7, 9, 8 (2 players)
                                                                                                    BB checks, Hero bets $0.75, BB raises to $1.50, Hero???

One more hand were I clicked it back min raising. May have been a bit overused but there's really not many cards at all I'm afraid of on the turn so is this ok? I' running at 31/28 and villian is 61/11. Still havn't gotten around to putting up the CR stat on my HUD-

MP ($9.80)
                                                                                                    Button ($10)
                                                                                                    SB ($10.10)
                                                                                                    BB ($12)
                                                                                                    Hero (UTG) ($10)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 2, 2
                                                                                                    Hero bets $0.40, 2 folds, SB calls $0.35, BB calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.20) 2, 4, 10 (3 players)
                                                                                                    SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.80, 1 fold, BB raises to $1.60, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises to $2.40

Graph-

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      1. fold to 3bet
                                                                                                      2. Not certain either
                                                                                                      3. Call his raise

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        1. fold to 3bet
                                                                                                        2. Not certain either
                                                                                                        3. Call his raise
                                                                                                        I would but I'm a sucker for calling min 3bets especially in position. I guess this is a leak I need to sort out. I rarely do flop something like that were I hit big enough to be happy calling big bets in a 3bet pot.

Yeah I'm not used to slowplaying hands even on very dry boards. Got to add that to my game. Me min raising was me slow playing like lol.

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          1. Calling pre is fine imo. Its a min3b and hes clearly a fish. Shove when he 3bets the flop.
                                                                                                          2. I flat and reavualte the turn.
                                                                                                          3. I dont like these click it back raises. I flat when he raises. Hes repping a very very thin range and im happy to let him fire again on the turn.

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            1 - It sucks but its such a trashy hand i probably fold to the limp re raise.

2 - Call and see what he does on the turn.

3 - Just call. You want him to put more money in, youve got the deck crushed, no obvious draws out there.

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Am I just really bad at poker? Is this really a fucking downswing!? Again today I got 2 double up hands(sets. not alot of skill involved in doubling up off them) and then just dwindle dwindle dwindle. FML.

Pretty much just sat down at the table. No reads. What's my line on the turn here? All I can see him repping here is 2 pair or a set that beats me. Then maybe AQ, AK and some random PP's like TT+. I called the flop raise to evaluate the turn and AFAIK nothing changed with that card-

BB ($7.20)
                                                                                                              Hero (UTG) ($10.15)
                                                                                                              MP ($6.64)
                                                                                                              Button ($9.94)
                                                                                                              SB ($12.49)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A, Q
                                                                                                              Hero bets $0.40, MP calls $0.40, 2 folds, BB calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.25) 6, A, J (3 players)
                                                                                                              BB checks, Hero bets $0.85, MP raises to $1.70, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.85

Turn: ($4.65) 2 (2 players)
                                                                                                              Hero checks, MP bets $2.20,Hero?

Poxy variance hand of the day-

Button ($10)
                                                                                                              SB ($10.35)
                                                                                                              BB ($18.86)
                                                                                                              Hero (UTG) ($10)
                                                                                                              MP ($7.28)
                                                                                                              CO ($18.20)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 10, A
                                                                                                              Hero bets $0.40, 1 fold, CO calls $0.40, Button calls $0.40, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.35) K, 10, 10 (3 players)
                                                                                                              Hero bets $0.70, 1 fold, Button calls $0.70

Turn: ($2.75) K (2 players)
                                                                                                              Hero bets $1.85, Button calls $1.85

River: ($6.45) Q (2 players)
                                                                                                              Hero checks, Button bets $7.05 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: $6.45 | Rake: $0.43

Results:
                                                                                                              Button didn't show
                                                                                                              Outcome: Button won $6.02

And my graph for today-

And my lifetime graph of playing 10NL on FT after grinding up from 2PLO on stars-

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Fwiw, in hand one, he's betting turn with every draw he has

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  Fwiw, in hand one, he's betting turn with every draw he has
                                                                                                                  Think it's a FD I'm up against? And if I make this decision on the flop should I be making my decision to go with the hand and raise over him?

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    You should post up your stats in the theory section, I'd imagine you are very weak/passive just from looking at your graph. I'd also say your WWSF is very very low and your red line is very negative. Your problem seems to be that you are not winning any small pots. These pots are hugely important, the big pots normally play themselves. Winning the small pots is what will increase your winrate.

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                                                                                      You should post up your stats in the theory section, I'd imagine you are very weak/passive just from looking at your graph. I'd also say your WWSF is very very low and your red line is very negative. Your problem seems to be that you are not winning any small pots. These pots are hugely important, the big pots normally play themselves. Winning the small pots is what will increase your winrate.
                                                                                                                      Will do!

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        So I applied a bit more hand reading and the day went alright. I was actually hitting sets and full houses alot today but just couldn't get any money out of them! I even get quads twice! Anyway I'm hapier with today even though my big hands never really paid off.

Not particularly happy with how I played this hand. I thought I'd get the BB to call and I could just donk bet every non spade river when he did. When he folds I think I'm still strong enough to bet here. I'm 23/15 and villian is 58/31.

BB ($21.05)
                                                                                                                        UTG ($10.32)
                                                                                                                        MP ($21.93)
                                                                                                                        CO ($17.46)
                                                                                                                        Button ($19.85)
                                                                                                                        Hero (SB) ($10.34)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, K
                                                                                                                        UTG bets $0.30, 1 fold, CO calls $0.30, Button calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.25, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($1.50) Q, 9, A (5 players)
                                                                                                                        Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, CO bets $0.40, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.40, BB calls $0.40, 1 fold

Turn: ($2.70) Q (3 players)
                                                                                                                        Hero checks, BB checks, CO bets $1, Hero calls $1, 1 fold

River: ($4.70) 3 (2 players)
                                                                                                                        Hero bets $3.75, CO calls $3.75

Total pot: $12.20 | Rake: $0.81

That's it really. Here's my graph for today-

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X