Satelite bubble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Satelite bubble

Satellite to Sunday Milly, top7 get tickets, 8th gets get 115 bucks.

9 left blinds 50k 100k ante 10k, folded to me in sb with k7suited. I have 320k left bb has 200k behind.

Two shorter stacks with 240k odd.

I presume this is an auto shove? Or is there a case to be made for folding and trying to avoid bubble?

Can you clarify stacks. How much did y both have at the start of the hand?
    Sounds like, excluding ante BB has 100k in the middle, with 200k behind, ie 3 BBs
    And you had 380 at the start of the hand.

Where are the short stacks in relation to the blinds.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
      Can you clarify stacks. How much did y both have at the start of the hand?
      Sounds like, excluding ante BB has 100k in the middle, with 200k behind, ie 3 BBs
      And you had 380 at the start of the hand.

Where are the short stacks in relation to the blinds.
      Yeah sorry it wasn't v clear, couldn't get hand history to work last night for some reason.

You are correct above before antes and blinds, I had 380k big blind had 300k.

The shorties were about utg+3 and utg+6.

Comment

Unless I the BB was folding a lot I'd probably pass here.
        If we push, the times we get called and lose are only a fraction of the time, but its still probably greater than the times we don't get a ticket when we pass.

UTG+3 has a BB approaching, when it does he'll have 2BBs left. He has to move in the next few hands. I'd prefer him to risk his ticket on the nest random hands from the nest 4 than to risk mins on K7 here. You are about to move to the button, the strongest position, the game should be over by your next BB.

Comment

Ship it!!

Comment

Yeah, i'm not folding either

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
              If we push, the times we get called and lose are only a fraction of the time, but its still probably greater than the times we don't get a ticket when we pass.
              Most important point made imo. Fold.

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                Ship it!!
                Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                Yeah, i'm not folding either
                Why? Genuine question. Mellor made a valid argument for folding and Lplate obv agrees. So what would your thinking be for just shipping?

fwiw, I agree with Mellor, game should be over in a round of the table so it's a fold imo.

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                  game should be over in a round of the table so it's a fold imo.
                  agree with this. tank every hand make sure the blinds go up for the 240k stacks

Comment

Better to post the full hand history so we can see all of the stacks and where you're positioned. Looks a lot more like a fold than a shove though. Probably a timeout fold too. I'd be more inclined to shove if the BB had more chips and we know he's not a complete idiot.
                    It's all an illusion

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                      Why? Genuine question. Mellor made a valid argument for folding and Lplate obv agrees. So what would your thinking be for just shipping?

fwiw, I agree with Mellor, game should be over in a round of the table so it's a fold imo.
                      Just because the game SHOULD be over a round or so, doesn't mean it will be, and by then we've either to let the blinds go through us again or make a shove from EP with very little FE. The BB should have really tight calling range,maybe top 10% and we'll give him A5o+ and A6s+ to bring it up to 15%, so ~85% of the time, we get our shove through. If called, we're 35% v that range so we still ship the ticket 35% of the time.

The BB should have his eye on the 2 shorter stacks, and if he folds and lets his SB go through him, he still has 140k with 2 short stacks to go through the blinds so he won't by any means be snapping you off with any 2. Our shove and pickup of a 240k pot should also guarantee us a ticket.

Comment

I'm with flushdraw would much rather shove and guarantee a ticket than sit around and hope shorties bust everyone seems to think its a formality that they'll bust which obv isn't gonna be the case. Shove guarentee a ticket imo

Comment

Hand history below. Think I got most of the main points right except one of the shorties had 270 not 240.

Thanks for opinions, really struggle in these kinda spots. Still think it's a shove but perhaps not as auto as I first thought.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 1.65 Tournament, 50,000/100,000 Blinds 10,000 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com/

CO (t389,016)
                          Button (t776,330)
                          Hero (SB) (t380,218)
                          BB (t308,982)
                          UTG (t738,850)
                          UTG+1 (t1,174,308)
                          MP1 (t809,575)
                          MP2 (t270,066)
                          MP3 (t243,655)

Hero's M: 1.58

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7, K
                          7 folds, Hero raises to t370,218 (All-In), BB calls t198,982 (All-In)

Flop: (t687,964) 9, 4, 2 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: (t687,964) 3 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t687,964) 5 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t687,964

Results below:
                          SPOILER

Hero had 7, K (high card, King).
                          BB had J, A (straight, five high).
                          Outcome: BB won t687,964

Comment

Working...
                          X