Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rocky road to WSOP 2013!

I need to make a log to motivate me!
    I am going to go to Vegas in 2013 after some wise words from my new hero's and my plan is to put €5 away every single day into my piggy bank(it's an empty 5 litre bottle). I am going to update this log only with pictures of this bottle every single week!

Start Date: 10/07/2012
    End Dats: 01/04/2013
    Will set up a calendar behind it to mark off the days before I lose track

The aim is for 266 days and €5 a day which is €1330. I will also be throwing some random coins in after nights out which might lead you to believe it will be more - but there will also be some days of my life that I will not remember so it will be an interesting count at the end. The top is obviously going to be glued!

Will book flights the first week of April as I am going to Manchester Derby 6th of April and I will spend all of that money there otherwise

I was considering doing some street performances as that would be a great thing to do but I really have no skills and cannot sing, I will keep update this space if I think of something or if people think of something.

Uploading pics on phone so can't size em so spoiler in case too large
    Last edited by mdoug; 11-07-12, 02:42.
    Go big or go homeless.

This log is just going to be for my accom and travel so you will be able to buy %'s of my action while I am over there don't worry!
    Figured I would post this to avoid too many upset posters
    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

You could be the next Guy Laliberté.

GL with this.

Comment

You have my full and unequivocal support and encouragement.
        I will turn up for your impending street performance.
        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
          You have my full and unequivocal support and encouragement.
          I will turn up for your impending street performance.
          There's a guy on grafton street literally just making big bubbles for kids to burst - I'm sure I can do something to make €5 a day, just the getting off my ass to do it is the problem
          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
            There's a guy on grafton street literally just making big bubbles for kids to burst - I'm sure I can do something to make €5 a day, just the getting off my ass to do it is the problem
            Yep. There are a lot of talentless cunts taking up space on Grafton Street.
            I believe you could be one of them.

Even standing fairly still seems to be a respected talent. Or making the same shit sandcastle each day. Are you any good at lighting your own farts? I could see that one being popular.
            Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 10-07-12, 04:44.

Comment

You should build sandcastles around the people who stand still.

Comment

You'll have a laugh at this when you sober up in the morning. Should go through with it anyway
                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                  You'll have a laugh at this when you sober up in the morning. Should go through with it anyway
                  I'm as sober now as I will be at 10am sure, this might actually be my best idea ever!
                  I have already gotten pm's asking for 2.87% of my Vegas action if I update at least bi-weekly so I reckon I'll sell out too. Going to pay with notes more when getting beer too to throw more coins in
                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Going to pay with notes more when getting beer too to throw more coins in
                    This is the type of plan that could pull the country out of debt.

Comment

I'm as sober now as I will be at 10am sure
                      Some would take this to mean your sober at the moment. But I know it means you'll still be drunk at 10!

Paying with notes for stuff and saving the coins genius. I reckon I could double my weekly wage with that theory
                      Last edited by eamonhonda; 10-07-12, 05:07.
                      airport, lol

Comment

I know people are going to think this is a piss take or whatever but when they see I'm serious about it I really and truly think others should do the same!! IPB HIT VEGAS BABY!!!
                        Won't have the internetz for the next few days so I will stick with the 5 a day(this phrase even makes me feel like I am making my life better!) but will think about improvements!
                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Hope you are still on track.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                            Hope you are still on track.
                            Apart from today(sat) I have it all in, I've been out.for the day and gone back yo friends gaff now so can't add but I have loads of coins on me! I promise the very next time I'm sober with battery on my phone a pic will come up - will be a alcohol packed week though!! Vague memory of funerals but I remmber drinking so see ye some day soon
                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Know the one that's one too many.

Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 15-07-12, 01:45.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                Some would take this to mean your sober at the moment. But I know it means you'll still be drunk at 10!

Paying with notes for stuff and saving the coins genius. I reckon I could double my weekly wage with that theory
                                Just found a major hiccup with my paying with notes plan which has happened 2/3 days running now - drinking until your pockets are empty . I'll take pics soon, promise and sorry for delay fans. Kisses and hugs folks xx
                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

You need to get back on track.

Comment

Just found a major hiccup with my paying with notes plan which has happened 2/3 days running now - drinking until your pockets are empty . I'll take pics soon, promise and sorry for delay fans. Kisses and hugs folks xx
                                    There's been losing weight logs, fat burning logs, giving up smoking logs, triathlon training logs and many more. mdoug fails at putting coins in a plastic bottle. Chin up mate

Comment

[x] potential for best thread ever
                                      [x] needs more pics

Comment

Subscribed.

Comment

I guess it's time to give you guys an update as it'd be cruel to make you think I gave up!

Have too many notes!!! I am not going to take any money out so they're there for the long haul - just need more coins from now on! Need to stop putting my coins on footie when hungover!

beat:
                                          SPOILER
                                          Have a betting slip here today, hungover as fuck and meant to pick 2 home teams, instead I pick grasshoppers @ 5/1 and fc thun @3/1 with rapid bucharest(I actually picked them) @7/5. mistake bets come in, I suck at sports
                                          Last edited by mdoug; 23-07-12, 01:42. Reason: image no work good yo
                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Could be my eyesight. Or your camera. But ....

I think your bottle is shrinking, from what looked like a 1.5 litre with 1,300 Euro capacity to a 250ml with ?? capacity. Are you just saving for Tues in the Fitz instead or something??

Comment

P.S. I would invest [donate] but there's no way I'm throwing good money into a bottle without a secure lid. Thieves feck outta open bottles ya know.

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                                                Could be my eyesight. Or your camera. But ....

I think your bottle is shrinking, from what looked like a 1.5 litre with 1,300 Euro capacity to a 250ml with ?? capacity. Are you just saving for Tues in the Fitz instead or something??
                                                It's the angle, I'm testing some things out. Went from width ways to length ways, obviously didn't work. My bad
                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                                                  P.S. I would invest [donate] but there's no way I'm throwing good money into a bottle without a secure lid. Thieves feck outta open bottles ya know.
                                                  Investments are more than welcomed! Improvements that will be made with the money invested include:

1. Buying tape to sort out a top for the bottle

2. Buying paper to have "WSOP 2003 fund" sign on the bottle, might encourage friends to throw coins in during home games

3. Getting calendars printed for each month so I can stick them on the wall so I can x each day and not lose track

4. Buying little kids toys to make the pictures look cooler

€5 a day is tough so I cannot upgrade my setup myself obviously enough as most of ye can relate to

Also: Investments in WSOP events will be separate
                                                  Last edited by mdoug; 24-07-12, 00:37.
                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

How did I miss this, great idea. fiver a day is such small money, can be done easily!

subscribed!
                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                      How did I miss this, great idea. fiver a day is such small money, can be done easily!

subscribed!
                                                      Don't think I've posted any other time but the am so its for a select few I guess. I wouldn't mind an ipb crew all doing the same and we all hit Vegas for the lolz
                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Doug invited us first.

Comment

2. Buying paper to have "WSOP 2003 fund" sign on the bottle, might encourage friends to throw coins in during home games

3. Getting calendars printed for each month so I can stick them on the wall so I can x each day and not lose track
                                                          You're about 9 years too late, but good luck getting 'calenders' for 2002 I assume?
                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                            You're about 9 years too late, but good luck getting 'calenders' for 2002 I assume?
                                                            Good to see ya back talking to me again
                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                I love the grammer nazi's who correct someone's spelling and are wrong
                                                                brings a to my face

Calender - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                                                                en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calender
                                                                The calender is a series of hard pressure rollers used to form or smooth a sheet of material
                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I love the grammer nazi's who correct someone's spelling and are wrong
                                                                  brings a to my face

Calender - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                                                                  en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calender
                                                                  The calender is a series of hard pressure rollers used to form or smooth a sheet of material
                                                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Touche, need to pay more attention. Whereas you were very specific about correcting calendar!

Anyway way too many posts tonight, any more derailing posts will be reported
                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Investments are more than welcomed! Improvements that will be made with the money invested include:

1. Buying tape to sort out a top for the bottle
                                                                      TAPE? Seriously dude? You got to change your mind set here my friend, this isnt a sub two thousand dollar project, first place in WSOP next year will be 6 or 7 million dollars. You don't get raise the funds because people keep sticking their hands in the jar and you're not down a couple of lousy fivers, you're down millions of dollars.

I had 78cent change from run to shop yesterday and it was going to wing its way to you, but then i read TAPE ...

Comment

4. Buying little kids toys to make the pictures look cooler
                                                                        Have you not been reading IPB over the last week?

One poor Cork lad nearly got lynched [even though he is in Germany] because of phantom kids.

Pictures of kids toys anywhere near this project may result in ::::

[x] Conclusion that you might have ACE level delusions
                                                                        [x] Analysis of concept that kids toys could make anything look cooler
                                                                        [xxxx] INVESTMENT FAILURE

Up your game dude, very disappointed here. One more strike ....

Comment

Would be impressed with anyone who could fit their hands in there!
                                                                          If you invest then you'll see what toys I have faith in. I have plans, goals, ideas!!! This will work, have faith
                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Could not sleep so I decided to take a picture of my updated piggybank setup

Covering the bottle is the next upgrade followed by a marker to replace the biro for better photographs. I hope the new angle of the bottle pleases everyone
                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

#39
                                                                              this could be bigger than moneymakers story
                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

#40
                                                                                Get a sandwich board with the message that you are going to Las Vegas in 2013 and need financing. The country is full of poker players so you might get some cash. If you are really desperate you can offer to listen to bad beat stories at €1 each.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Have a betting slip here today, hungover as fuck and meant to pick 2 home teams, instead I pick grasshoppers @ 5/1 and fc thun @3/1 with rapid bucharest(I actually picked them) @7/5. mistake bets come in, I suck at sports

free fiver bet here (N.D.R.)might help you on your way,good luck with this

Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Someone privately invested in me and their contribution consisted of doing 2 of 3 things,
                                                                                    #1 put some more kids toys up to protect the money
                                                                                    #2 stop being so great at the werewolf game
                                                                                    and #3 turn my 6 days week into 7 day weeks - smart fecker noticed I had no sundays for july

obviously can't help #2

Gonna be uploading once a month or once every few weeks now as I'm lazier
                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Any updates?

How did you get a calendar with no Sundays? Think they saw you coming...

Originally posted by kincsem View Post
                                                                                      Get a sandwich board with the message that you are going to Las Vegas in 2013 and need financing. The country is full of poker players so you might get some cash. If you are really desperate you can offer to listen to bad beat stories at €1 each.
                                                                                      I would do this, I have to do it for free when I play live.

Comment

#44

#2 stop being so great at the werewolf game
                                                                                        #3 turn my 6 days week into 7 day weeks
                                                                                        Gonna be uploading once a month or once every few weeks now as I'm lazier
                                                                                        Disappointed thread subscriber.

Too much time concentrating at games that won't help getting you to Vegas.

Getting extra day in the week would be a sign of efficiency and increase the chances of you making this by 1/6

But then you go and ruin it all by getting "lazier" and leaving us all hanging for a month at a time.

/ Ends Subscription

Comment

#45
                                                                                          ...
                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Well the Calendar cut off the left and right parts, that's why 6 instead of 7 .

I am slightly ahead of schedule and I also threw in a few more notes without scratching off days, planning on doing this throughout . Not drinking these days so there is a big lack of coins though

edit: there are of notes underneath all the coins which cannot be seen but there's a nice bit in there now so there is
                                                                                            Last edited by mdoug; 23-08-12, 17:35.
                                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              I believe in you Doug.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Well the Calendar cut off the left and right parts, that's why 6 instead of 7 .

I am slightly ahead of schedule and I also threw in a few more notes without scratching off days, planning on doing this throughout . Not drinking these days so there is a big lack of coins though

edit: there are of notes underneath all the coins which cannot be seen but there's a nice bit in there now so there is
                                                                                                when you get to the WSOP keep the big chips visable!

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by CheckRaise View Post
                                                                                                  when you get to the WSOP keep the big chips visable!
                                                                                                  Thanks for believing I'll get to the WSOP!
                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Well here is the new picture there for ya! Still keeping this up!

I've decided I'm going to play 3-6 events depending on how it goes leading up to the trip. I haven't had internet lately so apologies for lack of updates!
                                                                                                    Rough calculation, €5 a day - 91 odd days, €455 + spare change so €500-600 in the jar thus far

SPOILER
                                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      I actually now have enoigh for the flight! Have no buyins and not gonna save any more. This thread is nowa get mdoug a lapdance thread. Donations welcome

Need a job I do. Fuck you Wimbledon, fuck you Bradford, fuck you Northampton. That is all
                                                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        SPOILER

took out everything and counted it all, have exceeded 1k so am booking flights and accom once passport arrives.
                                                                                                        650 notes
                                                                                                        192 2's
                                                                                                        119 1's
                                                                                                        36.00 50's
                                                                                                        20.20 20's
                                                                                                        6.20 10's
                                                                                                        3.60 5's
                                                                                                        .90 2's
                                                                                                        .55 1's

have a merry Christmas folks. Thread complete
                                                                                                        Last edited by mdoug; 15-12-12, 23:00.
                                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                        X