Wedding Weight Worries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wedding Weight Worries

In less than 7 months Tony and I tie the knot. I have a dress hanging at my parents in Scotland and want it to look great on the day. I am using IPB as extra motivation to help me lose the weight I want off before the big day.

I am not as worried about the wedding itself as the dress actually fits, but want it taken in on the day. It is the honeymoon in Vegas that scares me more with all the skinny wimmin around the place.

I plan to lose about 10kg by the time I get married. I have been at Slimming World since the 9th of January and made a start on getting off the Christmas period excess.

I don't think 22lbs is much to lose in 6.5 months, but want to get it off and tone up and have a healthier lifestyle in general.

I used to do the protein diets which I got Tony into. But I have found that even although I was cutting out the carbs and exercising, I was losing nothing at all. I planned on going to SW in the new year and follow their plan.

I have got to say though, this is the first time I have enjoyed dieting. I have loads to eat in a day and never go hungry. I eat a lot more fruit and veg than I ever did and only have lean meats. I do have rice and pasta when I want as they are allowed on the diet.

I go to zumba twice a week and run about between work/FAS/kids the rest of the time. I have been losing about 1.5lbs a week on average.

I have 27 weeks till my target date of the end of August and I hope to be able to keep on track every week without going on a mad one and ruining my good work. I know that I can set myself behind by a week just by eating crap for a couple of days and I really don't want to do that.

I plan on reporting each Monday what my loss is when I get weighed at SW and fingers crossed that I meet my target on time.

Wish me luck

Any advice to boost my weight loss will be appreciated. Now I have one exam out the way the pressure is off for a couple of months.
    Last edited by MrsFlushdraw; 23-02-12, 19:23.

No sex for a few months

SPOILER
    Just in case

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
      No sex for a few months

SPOILER
      Just in case
      That can't happen to me I had a very special c-section

Comment

Bitches be crazy. Perfect the way she is

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
          Good man.

Jaysus all those scaldy lookin wimmin ya see walkin around in vegas are stick insects. A good feed of bacon and cabbage would kill them.

Gl with your goals Mrs F.D but as Tony said ..... perfect the way you are.

Comment

This, don't be stressing about stuff that is only about how you think other people think.
            Sure lose a bit of weight if it makes you feel good but there loads of dressmakers who can make the dress fit you rather than the other way around.
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

You on the other hand.....
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                This, don't be stressing about stuff that is only about how you think other people think.
                Sure lose a bit of weight if it makes you feel good but there loads of dressmakers who can make the dress fit you rather than the other way around.
                The dress needs taken up, I am too short and I can't change that! I bought a size 10/12 dress and it was fitting not bad, a bit tight round the hips but that should be gone now as I have a stone off already since Christmas.

I just want a wee bit extra gone so I feel good about myself in the dress.

Comment

Originally posted by islander32 View Post
                  Good man.

Jaysus all those scaldy lookin wimmin ya see walkin around in vegas are stick insects. A good feed of bacon and cabbage would kill them.

Gl with your goals Mrs F.D but as Tony said ..... perfect the way you are.
                  Us wimmin are mad, I know.. but I was used to being really slim most of my life and find it hard being a size 12. I was 2 sizes smaller when I first met him and having the baby pushed me back up.

I don't want to go overboard, just feel happy with my own reflection, especially in a wee dress or bikini on honeymoon. And I am doing it more me mostly and I am sure Tony wont mind a toned, healthy body once I am done.

Trying to do it all sensible. No fad diet, just old fashioned healthy eating and moderate exercise.

Comment

Awww thanks, but I want to do it for me too

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

You on the other hand.....
                    You can't have seen Tony in a while.. he looking great and already shifted any excess.

Comment

glgl, mellor is the man too listen to if you need diet tips, i stuck to what he told me with a cheat day every 10 days or so and lost 2st in about 4 months before xmas

Comment

Go primal and the weight will fall off you. Just meat, veg, fruit, nuts, berries and eggs.

This is the website for the info and motivation.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                          Us wimmin are mad, I know.. but I was used to being really slim most of my life and find it hard being a size 12. I was 2 sizes smaller when I first met him and having the baby pushed me back up.

I don't want to go overboard, just feel happy with my own reflection, especially in a wee dress or bikini on honeymoon. And I am doing it more me mostly and I am sure Tony wont mind a toned, healthy body once I am done.

Trying to do it all sensible. No fad diet, just old fashioned healthy eating and moderate exercise.
                          Thread saving photos will be required.

Comment

Originally posted by ikilldurrr1 View Post
                            Go primal and the weight will fall off you. Just meat, veg, fruit, nuts, berries and eggs.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/
                            This +10000000

Any fitness expert worth his salt will advocate the simple, 'caveman' diet.

Lifting weights would be good also. Simple exercises with light weights will do grand.

Comment

Originally posted by Moneymaker View Post
                              This +10000000

Any fitness expert worth his salt will advocate the simple, 'caveman' diet.

Lifting weights would be good also. Simple exercises with light weights will do grand.
                              I know you guys don't advocate the slimming world diet, but I am happy enough with what I am eating. I do want to up the exercise a bit though to at least 3/4 times a week.

I mainly eat fresh fruit, veg and very lean meat. I do have rice and pasta though as it is part of my diet and ultimately I enjoy it.

Comment

I had my weigh in on Monday after my trip to Dublin. I did find it tough when you are visiting people who are cooking for you and they don't understand your diet and I had a few things added to my food that I normally wouldn't have.

I even had the lemongrass restaurant cook my steak the way I needed and was proud of myself for not having the full Irish breakfast at the citywest!

I was worried about overdoing my "syns" as they are called at SW and I decided to cut back on one of the food groups for two days to compensate.

BIG Mistake!

I weighed in and I had gained a half pound. I was gutted. I couldn't understand where I went wrong as I had been good, gone to my zumba as normal and cut back totally on something for two days. What I learned from my group though was..

The diet is based around food groups that work together to help promote weight loss. Cut out a group completely and you don't get the effect you would expect.

I will be interested to see how I get on this Monday as I went back to what I was doing the 5 weeks prior and getting great results every week.

Here is more about the diet I am doing.

You’ll love Slimming World’s generous weight loss plan and personalised support – the easiest way to lose weight for life! Start your journey today.

Comment

Hi Gillian,

Paula is doing the same diet and although some of it's science is batshit insane (fruit seems to gain 'syns' or points if you blend it or some such voodoo), the fact that it generally advocates healthy eating gives it a thumbs up in my book.
                                  The enforced discipline & communal nature of weighing in together against the common enemy of a pudgy belly goes a long way toward what is in essence a fairly routine balanced diet.
                                  Remember the more excess weight you lose the slower you will lose it, try not to get disheartened about temporary blips and GL
                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                    Hi Gillian,

Paula is doing the same diet and although some of it's science is batshit insane (fruit seems to gain 'syns' or points if you blend it or some such voodoo), the fact that it generally advocates healthy eating gives it a thumbs up in my book.
                                    The enforced discipline & communal nature of weighing in together against the common enemy of a pudgy belly goes a long way toward what is in essence a fairly routine balanced diet.
                                    Remember the more excess weight you lose the slower you will lose it, try not to get disheartened about temporary blips and GL
                                    the thing about blending the fruits is that part of eating properly is chewing the food. So if you blend it you stop that action. They say the stomach is ready for food when you chew it but not for puree. I do sort of get what they are saying.

Thanks for the support. Great to see someone else doing the plan. It does get you eating healthy!

Comment

the thing about blending the fruits is that part of eating properly is chewing the food. So if you blend it you stop that action. They say the stomach is ready for food when you chew it but not for puree. I do sort of get what they are saying.
                                      That's essentially true. Chewing uses energy, also releases a digested enzyme. Puree food digests a lot easier. So they aren't making it up, but its not going to make or break your weight loss.

I'm sort of on the fence with SW.
                                      It's geared towards whole food, which is good. food you enjoy - Which is the most important thing. The best diet is the one you can stick at.
                                      On the other hand, I don't like the idea that you can eat as much as you like (have I read it wrong?).
                                      For example; their menu has "Free Slimming World chips" - basically low fat oven chips. Nothing wrong with them imo, but telling somebody trying to loss weight that they can eat as many they like is bad. Some people have serious issues with food and that approach will never work for them. (not aimed at you btw, just in general).

Anyway, the food looks generally good and if you enjoy it keep at it. If you have an iPhone or Android, I'd suggest combining the SW food plan with MyFitnessApp. It's a app that tracks what you eat. And makes it easier to set good portion sizes (so you still eat the food you enjoy).

Comment

Misread title as 'Wedding Night Worries'.

#letdown.
                                        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                          That's essentially true. Chewing uses energy, also releases a digested enzyme. Puree food digests a lot easier. So they aren't making it up, but its not going to make or break your weight loss.

I'm sort of on the fence with SW.
                                          It's geared towards whole food, which is good. food you enjoy - Which is the most important thing. The best diet is the one you can stick at.
                                          On the other hand, I don't like the idea that you can eat as much as you like (have I read it wrong?).
                                          For example; their menu has "Free Slimming World chips" - basically low fat oven chips. Nothing wrong with them imo, but telling somebody trying to loss weight that they can eat as many they like is bad. Some people have serious issues with food and that approach will never work for them. (not aimed at you btw, just in general).

Anyway, the food looks generally good and if you enjoy it keep at it. If you have an iPhone or Android, I'd suggest combining the SW food plan with MyFitnessApp. It's a app that tracks what you eat. And makes it easier to set good portion sizes (so you still eat the food you enjoy).
                                          I think that most people will take the logical road and eat portions that are normal than over eating because they think they can. They say eat until you are satisfied and that is what I do. I am also eating slower and chewing properly.

I find the talk at class is a huge benefit as silly ideas are quashed and you share recipes etc which I have enjoyed doing.

With the chips, which you parboil for ten mins then put in oven with fry lite spray are fantastic. I cut up garlic and throw that on and also add herbs and they are nicer than oven chips you buy.

I think Electra Blue made the statement about eating as much as you want but what she means I am sure is eating till you satisfied like I said.

It helps a lot when you enjoy the diet, and I don't feel restricted really and that was my problem with what I was doing before as I was almost dreaming about other foods!

Good to have you help out with the chewing thing, it does make more sense looking at it that way

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                            Misread title as 'Wedding Night Worries'.

#letdown.
                                            Well.. I am not worrying about the wedding night as yet, but you never know. When it comes closer I might be worried that losing my virginity is going to be painful

Comment

Jebus.TMI! TMI!
                                              Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Another week done and another weigh in.

I was pretty nervous this week as this would be a week that I would gain fluid "cough" and was not sure how that would reflect on the scales. I had an ok week but was desperate for some crusty bread on Tuesday and had a 6 inch bread roll with butter! oh it was pure heaven and I enjoyed every second of it. I knew I went over my "syns" this day anyway.

I was good the rest of the week and got over my chocolate craving I get at this time by having a curly wurly as part of my syns. I also learned at class about the velvet crunch only being 4 syns! so each day if I had a curly wurly and my bag of crisps I was still only using 10 out of my 15 daily syns.

On Friday night, I decided to grab a chinese. I chose chicken chow main as it only has 6 "syns" in the diet. I had my velvet crunch and felt a chinese was a fair trade for a chocolate bar, right?? but then I though, how the hell can this be a diet? no way hosey!

I enjoyed my dinner and was pretty careful the rest of the time. I went over my syns on Saturday night but drew back 2 on the Sunday. I wasn't going to cut them out completely after the week before's disappointment.

So today was the day of reckoning, I had to go to class and stand on those damn scales that would show that I hadn't been that great and give me the kick up the butt truly need.

So, I get on them and she says... "2½ off this week Gillian" I was looking at the digital reader in disbelief! Hey I can do this!! I was also worried as I hadn't got to Zumba on the Wednesday as I was sick.

So that has really spurred me on, just going to keep doing what I am doing, try and get the excercise up a bit more and watch the weight drop off. I was told today at Zumba that they could tell I had losr weight on my face alone which made me smile.

Anyway, I am sure you are all bored at this point and well done to you who got this far!

Till next weigh in next Monday.

Comment

Chocolate, crisps and chinese, seems like a grand diet

WP glad to hear it's going well for you, keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                    Chocolate, crisps and chinese, seems like a grand diet

WP glad to hear it's going well for you, keep it up.
                                                    Cheers

Yeah it is all so weird, but it does work! My chinese was my treat and is the lowest "syn" value for takeaways out there.

The crisps are those low fat velvet crunch, the are lovely! I am savoury person and found them hard to not eat. But least I am either having snack-a-jacks or the velvet crunch.

The chocolate is my guilty pleasure some days if I am making a particular sauce then I wont have anything like that at all and use my syns up in the actual dinner. But it is great to lose weight and not feel denied of anything.

Comment

Good on you missus! You can do it... Will race you to the post, but something tells me you'll win this!

I started back on SW today after a few months hiatus... Initially lost 2 stone 5lb but taking in Christmas and the mad weekends here/there I've put on 9lb since last October! My first goal is to get rid of this excess by end of March then work on the rest. Would like to lose 20lb by June but that might be a tad optimistic?

Just to correct that statement above - I basically said I can have that extra potato as long as I add more carrots/cauiflower/salad to the plate first. But that was taken up as saying I can eat as much potato as I want... but hey it worked! SW - the easiest diet for us Celtic wimmin!

Comment

You know you can't say a thing on here without it being taken in a different way

Do you mean you wanting to be rid of 29lbs in total by June or just the 20lbs? You should get the initial 5lb or so in the first week and after that I can't see 15lbs being unreasonable between then and June.

I find it such an easy diet. I am sitting here with my bowl of fresh melon and a muller fat free yogurt. And that is me only starting the day. I plan on the SW lasagna for dinner using the quark and can't wait! We were out shopping at the weekend and picked up loads of other herbs that I can throw into the passata to make it even tastier.

Good luck missus, post up here on your results too if you want

Comment

You know you can't say a thing on here without it being taken in a different way
                                                          And don't we wimmin know it!

Do you mean you wanting to be rid of 29lbs in total by June or just the 20lbs? You should get the initial 5lb or so in the first week and after that I can't see 15lbs being unreasonable between then and June.
                                                          Its 29lb in all... and that's my minimum target, not my final target which is another 14lb beyond that but I should get there before your wedding at least!

I find it such an easy diet. I am sitting here with my bowl of fresh melon and a muller fat free yogurt. And that is me only starting the day. I plan on the SW lasagna for dinner using the quark and can't wait! We were out shopping at the weekend and picked up loads of other herbs that I can throw into the passata to make it even tastier.
                                                          Oh Yum! Love melon and muller combo, but I only buy melon when its on offer... The ones in my local shops are tiny - not worth the €2 prize tag.

Haven't tried SW lasange yet! Worcester Sauce is the nutz with passata! Have a bowl of left over pasta with passata, onion and mushroom from last night's dinner for my lunch...

I just had my all-bran golden crunch with banana, orange and strawberries (SS) with splash of 1% milk... and I'm full! Tonight's dinner is beef medallions with lots fresh chopped stirfry veg... not sure if I bother making SW chips or prepare some noodles for frying or leave it, as its just me and Thea tonight.

Did you check out Diet Momma on facebook? Its a page dedicated to SW followers and really good at checking out new syn-free/low-syn products...

Comment

Originally posted by Electra Blue View Post
                                                            Its 29lb in all... and that's my minimum target, not my final target which is another 14lb beyond that but I should get there before your wedding at least!

Oh Yum! Love melon and muller combo, but I only buy melon when its on offer... The ones in my local shops are tiny - not worth the €2 prize tag.

I just had my all-bran golden crunch with banana, orange and strawberries (SS) with splash of 1% milk... and I'm full! Tonight's dinner is beef medallions with lots fresh chopped stirfry veg... not sure if I bother making SW chips or prepare some noodles for frying or leave it, as its just me and Thea tonight.

Did you check out Diet Momma on facebook? Its a page dedicated to SW followers and really good at checking out new syn-free/low-syn products...
                                                            I was worrying I wouldn't be able to lose 22lbs when I started this log in time for wedding! You have good ambitions girl

I take it you use the cereal as the healthy B? I was getting tips today on what to do with leftover rice from dinner. Keep in fridge and add into muller light yogurt and even add fruit. It is meant to be filling and it's free.

I am in a SW group on FB and it's great for ideas and stuff. Will look for the other page too. I also like the website as I am logged in there.

Comment

Nice job this week Gill.
                                                              Its defo easier to stick to if you allow yourself the small things. I'd love some snack-a-jacks now. Salt and vinegar.

Comment

Best of luck Mrs F. Sincerely hope it works out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
                                                                  Best of luck Mrs F. Sincerely hope it works out for you.
                                                                  The putting it on here will help. I nearly caved today and had some cake I made for the kids, but I thought of my desire to lose weight and weighed up the advantages of giving in as to just taking something healthy and getting on with it.

Was taken out for lunch with my boss and workmate at my placement and managed to have something within my diet, was proud of myself

Comment

The putting it on here will help. I nearly caved today and had some cake I made for the kids, but I thought of my desire to lose weight and weighed up the advantages of giving in as to just taking something healthy and getting on with it.

Was taken out for lunch with my boss and workmate at my placement and managed to have something within my diet, was proud of myself
                                                                    Good on you!

Know that feeling... I had a shocker of an evening thanks to the bloody au pair... was THIS close to opening a bottle but didn't! I know its easier for me cos I'm on day 2 and my willpower is still strong... if this was week 3/4-10 I'd be driving out for cake too!

Comment

I know you guys don't advocate the slimming world diet, but I am happy enough with what I am eating. I do want to up the exercise a bit though to at least 3/4 times a week.

I mainly eat fresh fruit, veg and very lean meat. I do have rice and pasta though as it is part of my diet and ultimately I enjoy it.
                                                                      Not true, it's processed(junk carbs) and trans/hydro fats that are the real killer and what i'm really against.

Decent lo GI carbs are fine if eaten at the right times(prior to or just after a workout typically) or at morning/early afternoons prior to a workout. My diet at the moment is very carb heavy on training days(size and muscle gain diet, lots of training sessions).

Glad its going well and you're enjoying it. That's all that matters really.

Comment

Monday weigh in

I was so nervous tonight going to be weighed, I was worried about the chicken curry I had for lunch last Tuesday at a restaurant. I was generally good though for the rest of the week. I know my biggest problem the last few days was fluids as I find I get constipated easily if I don't drink plenty.

With that in mind I went to the guillotine scales and held my breath. I made many promises to myself about upping my exercise and drinking more fluid and prayed I would have at least stayed the same.

To my surprise I was down another 2lb! I was absolutely delighted. I stayed on for the talk and Sandra, who is our councilor asked me if anything had changed lately and I said no, not really. I admit though that I had my curly wurly bar 5 days out 7 lol. It is my guiltless pleasure and I enjoy it with a cup of tea.

I don't really have a target figure in mind as it is more about how I look and not so much the numbers. I did program into the SW website a theoretical target and it has me hitting that sometime at the end of May which delighted me! It really has given me an extra zest for my eating plan and my keep fit. I did do a bit of Zumba with the kids this week which I don't normally do.

I am keeping my eye out for any Zumbathon's or 10K runs in the next while and plan to exercise as often as I can.

So all is good this week and I can go to bed happy with myself

Comment

Originally posted by Moneymaker View Post
                                                                          Not true, it's processed(junk carbs) and trans/hydro fats that are the real killer and what i'm really against.

Decent lo GI carbs are fine if eaten at the right times(prior to or just after a workout typically) or at morning/early afternoons prior to a workout. My diet at the moment is very carb heavy on training days(size and muscle gain diet, lots of training sessions).

Glad its going well and you're enjoying it. That's all that matters really.
                                                                          I just came back from Zumba and enjoyed a nice bowl of pasta for my dinner. I used to have something before I went to class but I think I read on here somewhere that it is better to eat after the workout?

I suppose I don't really eat too many junk carbs. And you are right, enjoying it is half the battle and I don't feel I am missing out on anything at all.

Comment

I just came back from Zumba and enjoyed a nice bowl of pasta for my dinner. I used to have something before I went to class but I think I read on here somewhere that it is better to eat after the workout?

I suppose I don't really eat too many junk carbs. And you are right, enjoying it is half the battle and I don't feel I am missing out on anything at all.
                                                                            Yeah some decent carbs after exercise is grand. Need to refill the glycogen levels and carbs are very good at doing that. Especially important if you train frequently.

Honestly cutting carbs is only really needed for rapid or extreme weight loss. Or stripping bodyfat. Eating high quality carbs for your average person/active person/someone who needs to lose a small amount of weight is grand.

Comment

#39
                                                                              16 pounds down total?

wow mrs you are an inspiration to us all, you are gonna be well fit going up that aisle
                                                                              Keep up the good work!!!
                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

#40
                                                                                You are doing well Gilly! Keep it going!

WI tonight and I was down 4lb - not too bad for my first week especially as I succumbed to a bag of microwave popcorn one night (Discovered it was 40 syns the next day!!! ) and went over my syns another day...

Keep meaning to use online tracker but no time yet!

Comment

#41
                                                                                  You are doing well Gilly! Keep it going!

WI tonight and I was down 4lb - not too bad for my first week especially as I succumbed to a bag of microwave popcorn one night (Discovered it was 40 syns the next day!!! ) and went over my syns another day...

Keep meaning to use online tracker but no time yet!
                                                                                  That is still a great start Jules. Just be careful what you put in your mouth! The online system is great and I use it to look up anything I don't know the value of.

I find I would cook more complex meals on this diet as you avoid sauces with high syn value.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    That is still a great start Jules. Just be careful what you put in your mouth! The online system is great and I use it to look up anything I don't know the value of.

I find I would cook more complex meals on this diet as you avoid sauces with high syn value.
                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                      Trust you and your durty mind Michelle!!!

Well I discovered last night that the Dip dab sherbet bags are just 4.5 syns for the whole bag!!! They last ages - that's my evening treat sorted...

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Trust you and your durty mind Michelle!!!

Well I discovered last night that the Dip dab sherbet bags are just 4.5 syns for the whole bag!!! They last ages - that's my evening treat sorted...
                                                                                        I love my curly wurly, especially if it has been in the fridge, takes an age to eat it and satisfies any sweet craving

Comment

#45
                                                                                          I love my curly wurly, especially if it has been in the fridge, takes an age to eat it and satisfies any sweet craving
                                                                                          Nice and hard is it after being in the fridge
                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

#46
                                                                                            I can finish that sentence: "...and I bet it hits the spot nicely too!"

Comment

#47
                                                                                              I can finish that sentence: "...and I bet it hits the spot nicely too!"
                                                                                              I give up lol!

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Monday weigh in after St Paddys and Mothers Day in the one weekend? that was harsh lol. Tony and I eat out three times in the last week and I knew if I was going to let my hair down at all that this was the weekend to do it.

I even had a few chips along with dinner last night and thoroughly enjoyed them We were told that it was one weekend and lets draw a line under it and move on. Some at the class still managed to lose 3lbs! I was gob smacked. I had a few vodkas on Saturday night and one yesterday!

Managed to still lose a ½lb so was delighted with that and I am keeping myself motivated for the coming week. Going to be a tough one as Tony and I going to a hotel for the weekend and that will be mega hard.

Happy Days

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Monday weigh in after St Paddys and Mothers Day in the one weekend? that was harsh lol. Tony and I eat out three times in the last week and I knew if I was going to let my hair down at all that this was the weekend to do it.

I even had a few chips along with dinner last night and thoroughly enjoyed them We were told that it was one weekend and lets draw a line under it and move on. Some at the class still managed to lose 3lbs! I was gob smacked. I had a few vodkas on Saturday night and one yesterday!

Managed to still lose a ½lb so was delighted with that and I am keeping myself motivated for the coming week. Going to be a tough one as Tony and I going to a hotel for the weekend and that will be mega hard.

Happy Days
                                                                                                  jaysus you are some woman, im so jealous as I have 2lbs up

You are really sticking to your guns, I actually think you are gonna be tiny come sept as you were never big to begin with in fairness, fair play to you
                                                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                                                  you cow!
                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

#50

Happy Days
                                                                                                    jaysus you are some woman, im so jealous as I have 2lbs up

You are really sticking to your guns, I actually think you are gonna be tiny come sept as you were never big to begin with in fairness, fair play to you
                                                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                                                    you cow!
                                                                                                    I was reading back over my post and thought "shit, Michelle will have a field day here!"

The bolded bit

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      I was reading back over my post and thought "shit, Michelle will have a field day here!"

The bolded bit
                                                                                                      just goes to show that you are more durrty than I
                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        Well done Mrs F!

I didn't go to WI last night, holding on til Thursday... hoping the few extra days will help undo the baaaaaad weekend! But I had quite a bit of 'exercise' over the weekend too (do your worse Michelle! ) so hopefully I've equate most of damage anyway.

Comment

#53

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/
                                                                                                          I will be eternally grateful to you for this link. Changed my life. 2 stone lost and counting. The weight is literally sliding off myself and the Mrs. Looking forward to strutting our stuff at the flushdraw wedding!
                                                                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                            I will be eternally grateful to you for this link. Changed my life. 2 stone lost and counting. The weight is literally sliding off myself and the Mrs. Looking forward to strutting our stuff at the flushdraw wedding!

its cool isn't it. makes you realise the difference between food and things that can be eaten.

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              I dont care if I'm 20 stone at the wedding, its gonna be so good wont give a fook

Although I doubt I will put on 10 st between now and then
                                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                its cool isn't it. makes you realise the difference between food and things that can be eaten.
                                                                                                                I'm here in Lisbon gorging on steak and eating pork and bacon and the weight is sliding off me. At this rate I'll have no clothes that fit me in a months time. I'm already having stuff altered to fit and have put all the "fat" clothes in a bag for charity. It's unreal.

Read this success story today. Blew my mind.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/dont-...#axzz1q3do8s5x

Sorry Gillian for derailing a great log but I just wanted to record my thanks to ikilldurr. He's changed my life. GL with the weight loss and see you both in Sept.
                                                                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  I can hardly take the credit V. Thank Sir Sisson!

Yeah it was those success stories that inspired me initially. Lost about 2 stone quite quickly but the weightloss has slowed down recently and I still have a bit to go. I'm about 90% primal at the mo and feel great.

Great to hear you're happy with it.

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    I can hardly take the credit V. Thank Sir Sisson!

Yeah it was those success stories that inspired me initially. Lost about 2 stone quite quickly but the weightloss has slowed down recently and I still have a bit to go. I'm about 90% primal at the mo and feel great.

Great to hear you're happy with it.
                                                                                                                    'twas a small act to bring it to people's attention but they can can often have the biggest consequences. You've changed 2 lives with that act alone.

I read the book and have been reading ever since. I aim for 100% primal but don't beat myself up over little slip ups. I was already exercising pretty primalily as over exercising never made sense to me. What fascinates me is where this journey will end. I had hoped to lose 3 stone in 6 months but now I might end up losing 4!

I hope you can keep chipping away towards your goal.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by V for Vendetta; 26-03-12, 01:04.

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Wow some fantastic goal achieving going on itt. Congrats all and gl with the rest of your goals.

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        Monday weigh in and for some reason I was not worried about stepping on the scales! I know that I had a hard week with the baby being in hospital and going over my syn quota a few times and then going to Dublin for the weekend to a hotel and having some vodka in addition to my syns and a bit more!

After a couple of drinks the guard was down and we enjoyed a steak baguette with chips. I only had a few chips but still had some and it was lovely.

On the Saturday night we had a three course dinner and I really enjoyed that. I had a mushroom vol-a-vont for starters and a slow roasted lamb shank which was just devine. The piece de resistance was the pannacotta desert which was just to die for!

On the hot drive back on the Sunday I had a malteaser ice cream and it went down a treat. And then I woke up this morning knowing I would be up for the week but for some reason didn't give a damn as I had a tough week with the baby being sick, my exam and a trip away. I was ready for the damage and I knew I had my slimming hat back on for the coming week.

I always eat light on the Monday and have just fruit and yogurt, but decided that I was fed up cutting back on my lunch, and I had a huge portion of rice with gravy along with my usual. This is so that next week I don't need to feel guilty and deprive myself before my weigh in at 5.30.

So... went along tonight and the counter was going between a gain of ½-1lb and settled on the 1lb. I was actually delighted that was all it was and I know that if I had eat less I prob would only have stayed the same.

So onwards and upwards, I will be drawing a line under that week and motoring on towards more weight loss.

Iy was great to be not scared of the scales for once. Even when I am good I still worry that it wont be reflected in the scales!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X