GAA Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amberleaf View Post
    just one bet this week for me on sports,kerry 1/2 time,full time @4/7,and everton -1 v Q.P.R. @ 13/10,pays about 5/2,kerry one is the get ahead and stay ahead,pretty straigh foward(i hope)know nothing about soccer,but from what im told by someone who does,Q.P.R. are a little weak at this level,best of luck what ever ye do!also see that lar corbett is in to 6/4 for player of the year
    pass the sick bucket!
    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Kerry minus 4 saved my weekend.

Looking forward to this weekend Dublin are 5-6 for h-t/f-t which looks good. They always lead from the front so if you fancy them to win the match, this is much more appealing than taking 2-5. The odds are with PP and i cant see it lasting come the weekend so an early punt is advised.

Comment

Originally posted by Warper View Post
        Kerry minus 4 saved my weekend.

Looking forward to this weekend Dublin are 5-6 for h-t/f-t which looks good. They always lead from the front so if you fancy them to win the match, this is much more appealing than taking 2-5. The odds are with PP and i cant see it lasting come the weekend so an early punt is advised.
        wouldnt put you off it they pretty much ran the show in the 1/4 final,im going to stick with the low scoreing game angle,reckon donegal will give very little space and try and close down the dublin attack,tall order i know!anyways under 30.5 total points @ 5/6 and no goal scorer @ 9/2 both with boyles(pp are 28.5 under/over & 4/1 no goal)putting all my eggs in one basket,but the way things have gone over the last while with the gaa bets,might as well gamble!.missed the tipp minors last week @ 6/4,never met so many people who had em backed,def. the one that got away,grrrr
        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

The only bets i like in this match are donegal over 12.5 pts @4/5 and aslo michael murphy to get more than 3.5 points.

Cant see the value in backing the dubs @2/5 so the bets above will do me in what could be a tight match.

Comment

Murphy takes the frees doesn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaysoose View Post
              The only bets i like in this match are donegal over 12.5 pts @4/5 and aslo michael murphy to get more than 3.5 points.

Cant see the value in backing the dubs @2/5 so the bets above will do me in what could be a tight match.
              Rory O Carroll kept him out of it in the U-21 match last year and he missed a peno in that game, I'm sure he be reminded of that a lot on Sunday. Dublin will be concentrating on him a lot, I doubt he will get any from play.
              Dublin don't foul much at all in the scoring zone.
              Last edited by BallymoreChris; 25-08-11, 13:16.
              twitter
              moneybookers

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                Murphy takes the frees doesn't he?
                if he starts ?? been a bit out of sorts this year

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                  if he starts ?? been a bit out of sorts this year
                  He will definitely start, he hasnt been out of sorts at all, he was injured in the run up to the Kildare game, and still scored some great vital scores, and he destroyed Tyrone in the Ulster final. Himself and Karl Lacey are the two Donegal players that would make any other team in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
                    Rory O Carroll kept him out of it in the U-21 match last year and he missed a peno in that game, I'm sure he be reminded of that a lot on Sunday. Dublin will be concentrating on him a lot, I doubt he will get any from play.
                    Dublin don't foul much at all in the scoring zone.

Good points to be fair i just think his peformance after coming on against kildare showed how good he can be when he just gets his head down and shoots.

Still going for this bet as i dont think the dublin defence will have the easy game the did against tyrone (the dubs defended well).

Comment

I've just taken the under points total with Stan James. Its 31.5 points with them, 5/6

I think Donegals game plan will be to shut down dublin. I expect the dubs to start fast, early balls into the forwards. Quick easy points. To lead at half time, and as the game goes on donegal will come back in to it. Expect a very close game. Cant see Dublin walking away with it at all. Dublin by 1/2 points
                      GAA News Website

Comment

Pretty sick difference for PPs offer of under 29.5 at the same price

Comment

Pretty sick difference for PPs offer of under 29.5 at the same price
                          Why is it sick?? They are obviously better value if you fancy the overs then. And from general opinion here and I agree its Stan James who have taken the wrong line on this market not PP, they shouldnt be criticised for being more knowledgable than SJ afterall its not a charity shop they are running.

Comment

I think I'll stick with my heart and go with Donegal at 4/1 on Betfair

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                              I've just taken the under points total with Stan James. Its 31.5 points with them, 5/6

I think Donegals game plan will be to shut down dublin. I expect the dubs to start fast, early balls into the forwards. Quick easy points. To lead at half time, and as the game goes on donegal will come back in to it. Expect a very close game. Cant see Dublin walking away with it at all. Dublin by 1/2 points

Your backing the unders based on Donegal having the stingiest defense in the land?

If you think the dubs will get off to an early lead then what incentive do Donegal have to continue to play their overly defensive game, at that stage they may as well go for it.

what do you think a fair even money over/under line is?

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                I've backed Donegal.

Dublin beat an atrocious Tyrone team. Donegal are very underrated. Dublin deserve to be favorites but their supremacy is not as great as the odds suggest.
                                Dont think Donegal are underrated at all.
                                There a decent side who play well as unit but not a massive amount of creativity in the side.
                                Well capable of grinding a result out but i think the dubs will have too much firepower.

Comment

I've backed Donegal.

Dublin beat an atrocious Tyrone team. Donegal are very underrated. Dublin deserve to be favorites but their supremacy is not as great as the odds suggest.
                                  I remember a few years ago when we played Cork in the quarters, Donegal were 3/1 on that day I think and you were happy to lay them against me. I didn't take any action on you that day but I just hope you backing them this year is a sign of their progress as we got inihilated by Cork that day. Was just a sicker of a game to be at.

Comment

I've backed Donegal.

I think the current odds on offer (PP-2/5Dublin) cant be far off a fair reflection of both teams respective chances. In fact if anything I think Donegal are somewhat overrated and have been all year since they won division 2 league. I saw them play in Croker that day vs Laois and it was enough to convince me that they are very limited and if they go any further than this it will be a massive shock to me.

I very much expect a Dublin win. How will they win?? I just think their superiority all over the field will see them win and hold more possession and score considerably more over 70 odd minutes. Kinda simple and straightforward I know but again I like the KISS method of analysing these big games over the outrageous Strategy Nonesense that has come to fill the columns of our media in recent times when it comes to GAA. I havent looked at the handicaps available but I reckon Dublin's mostly like range of superiority will be in the 4-8 points bracket over Donegal. I'll be looking to find the best value odds to cover that range as opposed to backing Dub at 2/5 or 5/6 HT/FT.

Bye Bye Donegal, Hello the Good Old Days of Dublin V Kerry All-Ireland final. Can't wait Dont go spoiling the party now Donegal...
                                    Last edited by bustamoves; 26-08-11, 19:02.

Comment

Dublin outright and Dublin HT/FT for me

I don't really care about the bet, this is a huge game for the boys, pontentiall Kerry in the final is an exciting prospect

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                        He will definitely start, he hasnt been out of sorts at all, he was injured in the run up to the Kildare game, and still scored some great vital scores, and he destroyed Tyrone in the Ulster final. Himself and Karl Lacey are the two Donegal players that would make any other team in the country.
                                        I wouldn't have either in the Dublin team. Or any of the other 13 Tir Chonaill tryers. They're in bonus territory. Dubs to score 1-4 in the first 15 minutes and to win by 7/8, off the bridle.

Comment

Originally posted by kpnuts View Post
                                          I wouldn't have either in the Dublin team. Or any of the other 13 Tir Chonaill tryers. They're in bonus territory. Dubs to score 1-4 in the first 15 minutes and to win by 7/8, off the bridle.
                                          lmfao you really shouldnt post when your drunk! Karl lacey is the best defender in the country and has been for a few years, and if you think Diamuid Connoly is a better player than Murphy you really need to take up a new hobby

Comment

donegal at evens in running in a game like this currently seems like crazy, 3pts is like 5 /6 pts lead.

Comment

Probably the worst game i have seen in a while,gilroy knew that he was going to be up against 12 donegal men in there own half and hadnt really got a plan for it, dubs were brutal and it was just the fact that donegal were worse. i am gettin the loot on kerry they havent even played yet and its not the greatest kerry team but it will be good enough on all ireland day on their pitch playing for their sam.
                                              location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

lmao at how easy kerry are gonna wrap this one up!!

Comment

It will be a different game from todays

Kerry will be hot favourites which will suit dublin, the dublin forwards will get alot more freedom vrs a footballing team and the dublin defence is solid. Ovly i'm blinkered but the teams are alot closer than you all seem to think. Kerry would have struggled vrs donegal today prokly not for as long as dublin did, kerry would be alot stronger at getting long range pointsand this is the main area that they would have a significant edge over dublin

Comment

lol football. When will you ever learn people.

Comment

wouldnt put you off it they pretty much ran the show in the 1/4 final,im going to stick with the low scoreing game angle,reckon donegal will give very little space and try and close down the dublin attack,tall order i know!anyways under 30.5 total points @ 5/6 and no goal scorer @ 9/2 both with boyles(pp are 28.5 under/over & 4/1 no goal)putting all my eggs in one basket,but the way things have gone over the last while with the gaa bets,might as well gamble!.missed the tipp minors last week @ 6/4,never met so many people who had em backed,def. the one that got away,grrrr
                                                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

wouldnt write off the dubs yet,think most people knew what donegal were going to bring to the game and i guess gilroy had a game plan and in fairness the dubs have shown nuff over the last year that their better than that,but i dont think anyone was thinking it would be this ugly but agree that kerry must be comeing in their pants after watching that shite.a bigger danger now is that every half arsed team in the country will be looking at donegal and thinking the blanket defence could be the way to go to get results which would be horrible for the game!hurling final on the way,heard a little romour that there might be a injury scare on the kk side,might be the ould cody mind games,anyone else here anything?
                                                        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Think Kerry will be very comfortable in the final tbh.

I'd be fairly surprised to see Connolly's red being rescinded and Dublin would need a performace like he put in against Tyrone in the final.

Basically Dublin don't have the forwards imo. Bernard Brogan is a great player but has been handled by the Kerry backs plenty of times, Alan is the only other forward with the talent to have a big impact on the game and tbh I don't think he performs on big occasions.

Man for man, the Kerry forwards would pretty much all be confident of getting the better of their marker. Dublin's blanket defence will only work to a point since Kerry have more than a couple of players capable of scoring from 50 yards. Once Kerry start to do that Dublin will have to look to press higher up the field and Kerry will capitalise on the space that will leave in the full forward line.

Dublin won yesterday basically by outlasting Donegal (along with some pretty soft frees from the ref), Kerry's strong finishes against Cork and Mayo show - whatever about a baseless perceived lack of staying power amongst the general population - that Kerry won't be shrugged off in the later stages of the game.

Dublin will need goals in the final, and while Kerry do give up some chances in most games, Dublin have been less than clinical in those sort of positions in the last few games.

I fancy Kerry to win by 6 points plus assuming a fully fit panel. Should be a great day out, can't wait.

Comment

Keano, you were saying in the BBV before the Dublin game at the weekend that you thought a Kerry Dublin final would be really close, now you see Kerry beating them comfortably. Kneejerk reaction based on one game against a horribly defensive side or were Dublin that bad?
                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Dublin have to re-invent their game against Kerry. All year the Dublin tactics has been to funnel back and let the non footballing backs have loads of time on the ball while they cover the dangerous forwards. Inevitably this lead to the backs giving away the ball/shooting from difficult angles and Dublin crushing teams on the break.

Dublin cant let the kerry half backs have time on the ball. Look at the way Kerry lined out against Mayo. All footballing half backs but more importantly all players that are devastating at kicking points from long range. so if Dublin retreat too much they are just going to concede scores.

This will force them to go man to man - in turn forcing their backs to go man to man on the kerry forwards which will be a great duel imo.

At the end of the day Dublin have got to where they are by being defensive with some great forwards which is very tough to beat but it wont work against Kerry. Just let the 2 teams go at it and see who can outgun the other

should be a great game

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                Keano, you were saying in the BBV before the Dublin game at the weekend that you thought a Kerry Dublin final would be really close, now you see Kerry beating them comfortably. Kneejerk reaction based on one game against a horribly defensive side or were Dublin that bad?
                                                                The knee-jerk was after the Tyrone game tbh.

If you look back to the Leinster final I basically said (Dublin - Bernard Brogan) = Wexford.

The performance against Tyrone scared the shit out of me, but in retrospect not only was that an aberration in terms of Dublin's level of performance, but Donegal's performance yesterday gives us a lot more information on that intangible of just how good Tyrone were.

The difference in my thinking between the Leinster final and the QF was based around the idea that all of a sudden Dublin had put together a serious forward line. On closer inspection this isn't really the case.

I just don't think they'll score enough to trouble us.

Comment

Keane, want to have a bet on Dublin +4?

Comment

tipp team up,same as the one that started v dublin,(ie no brendan maher),he came on at 1/2 time in the dublin game,which you would think would have helped him along,not far nuff to start him tho!,just saw the rte sport website,they have tip v dublin in the final,jazus the cody tactics,couldnt watch em
                                                                    Last edited by amberleaf; 31-08-11, 08:25. Reason: cause im thick!
                                                                    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                      Keane, want to have a bet on Dublin +4?
                                                                      Sure yeah, not for anything massive though - I'm not a wealthy man

Dublin are even money +1 on PP so make me an offer...

Comment

paul flynn is out for dublin

Comment

Sure yeah, not for anything massive though - I'm not a wealthy man

Dublin are even money +1 on PP so make me an offer...
                                                                          Kerry -4 is 11/4 Dublin +4 is 3/10 on PP

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                                            Kerry -4 is 11/4 Dublin +4 is 3/10 on PP
                                                                            Derp, dunno why I didn't scroll down to the alt. HCs :facepalm:

Comment

That's good enough for me
                                                                              You happy with 11/4, what ever stakes suits you

Comment

That's good enough for me
                                                                                You happy with 11/4, what ever stakes suits you
                                                                                Say 50 bucks?

Comment

Yeah, that's good, no need to escrow,
                                                                                  stars/boyles ok for transfer

Comment

had a good look at the markets for sundays hurling games,and a few have taken my eye,in the minor,dublin v galway,the 4 or more goals to be scored looks intresting,the thing about these minor games is that because of nerves,and being in such a massive game, any defencesive tactics are for the most part fired out the window after a while and it ends up as a man marking job,which turns into a very open game as we saw in the semi finals,great games to watch and can be very high scoreing,and i think its wholely possible that at least 4 goals will be scored,dublin are scoreing plenty,but are letting in a good few as well,4 or more goals to be scored is evens at powers

in the main match,again im going for another scoreing bet,the total points the line here is 47.5 pts under/over,to me this depends on goals,and in all fairness tipp have got plenty,but if you take out the munster final,its about average,dublin played a bit of a sweeper system in the back line,to combat the kelly/corbett show and only for a very soft goal at the start of the game,worked very well,so much so that lar corbett,drifted towards midfield to get a little space and picked off some great points which helped get tipp over the line,i just think if goals are kept to the min,this could be a lowish scoreing game,and is 5/6 for the unders a double here pays just over 5/2 which will do me fine as i have a right wedge on kk to lift the cup @ 6/4 so have a tiny edge there,and corbett to win the player of the year @ 11/4(5/4 now)so have a decent edge there.could be testies in a sling time if things dont work out
                                                                                    Last edited by amberleaf; 01-09-11, 09:16.
                                                                                    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Yeah, that's good, no need to escrow,
                                                                                      stars/boyles ok for transfer
                                                                                      booooooked

Comment

Kerry -1 is a max bet, nothing more to be said.
                                                                                        twitter
                                                                                        moneybookers

Comment

Random facts re final

Dublin vs kerry stats last few years.
                                                                                          07 2 *2pt win margin
                                                                                          09 - draw, 17 point win
                                                                                          10- 2pts
                                                                                          11- 1pt

Also - over the last 20 years, average winning margin has been 4.25 points. With Kerry racking up a good few large victories to slightly skewer these figures.
                                                                                          If we dis-regard any scorelines over 4 point wins and count them only as 4 pts, this brings us down to 3.05 pts average

Kerrys net score over their league games is +3.1 per game. which isnt a bad example as its against teams meant to be of simular standard
                                                                                          This increases to 4.8 points if you include the munster championship

Dublins net score over the league games is 2.85 +points.
                                                                                          this increases to 3.58 if you include the leinster + previous rounds games also

Now use them facts to convince yourself of a bet!

I think that its safe to say that Kerrys biggest wins have came when they have been by and large the strongest team going into the game. Those games were it has been closer in betting odds and team strength the matches have been pretty close, especially this year.
                                                                                          This is very true for Dublin, with the Tyrone game being the only to buck the trend.
                                                                                          With un doubted nerves going to kick into the Dubs as they near a possible all Ireland, I really find it very hard to see this game having more than a kick of the ball between it

Depending which side of the fence you think the game will land, the winning margin bet should be a nice one. I think that Kerry to win between 1-3 points at 3.75 with both PP and SJ represents value and it will be the bet that I will be having a little of
                                                                                          For those of the blue persuasion - 7/2 Dublin, 1-3 point win is the only way to go
                                                                                          Last edited by Semibluff; 02-09-11, 04:42.
                                                                                          GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                                                            Random facts re final

Dublin vs kerry stats last few years.
                                                                                            07 2 *2pt win margin
                                                                                            09 - draw, 17 point win
                                                                                            10- 2pts
                                                                                            11- 1pt

Also - over the last 20 years, average winning margin has been 4.25 points. With Kerry racking up a good few large victories to slightly skewer these figures.
                                                                                            If we dis-regard any scorelines over 4 point wins and count them only as 4 pts, this brings us down to 3.05 pts average

Kerrys net score over their league games is +3.1 per game. which isnt a bad example as its against teams meant to be of simular standard
                                                                                            This increases to 4.8 points if you include the munster championship

Dublins net score over the league games is 2.85 +points.
                                                                                            this increases to 3.58 if you include the leinster + previous rounds games also

Now use them facts to convince yourself of a bet!

I think that its safe to say that Kerrys biggest wins have came when they have been by and large the strongest team going into the game. Those games were it has been closer in betting odds and team strength the matches have been pretty close, especially this year.
                                                                                            This is very true for Dublin, with the Tyrone game being the only to buck the trend.
                                                                                            With un doubted nerves going to kick into the Dubs as they near a possible all Ireland, I really find it very hard to see this game having more than a kick of the ball between it

Depending which side of the fence you think the game will land, the winning margin bet should be a nice one. I think that Kerry to win between 1-3 points at 3.75 with both PP and SJ represents value and it will be the bet that I will be having a little of
                                                                                            For those of the blue persuasion - 7/2 Dublin, 1-3 point win is the only way to go
                                                                                            Not sure how much I would rely on league form when trying to evaluate an all ireland final. The dubs were training hard from last Nov with very heavy sessions in Jan/Feb. They were prob the fittest team around during the league campaign. Kerry would prob have been at 70/80% fitness wise during the league. They actually train with a view to being primed for the final itself in Sept, regardless of how arrogant that is.

Add to that the testing of new players, players in different positions and its hard to read too much from it.

Comment

had a good look at the markets for sundays hurling games,and a few have taken my eye,in the minor,dublin v galway,the 4 or more goals to be scored looks intresting,the thing about these minor games is that because of nerves,and being in such a massive game, any defencesive tactics are for the most part fired out the window after a while and it ends up as a man marking job,which turns into a very open game as we saw in the semi finals,great games to watch and can be very high scoreing,and i think its wholely possible that at least 4 goals will be scored,dublin are scoreing plenty,but are letting in a good few as well,4 or more goals to be scored is evens at powers

in the main match,again im going for another scoreing bet,the total points the line here is 47.5 pts under/over,to me this depends on goals,and in all fairness tipp have got plenty,but if you take out the munster final,its about average,dublin played a bit of a sweeper system in the back line,to combat the kelly/corbett show and only for a very soft goal at the start of the game,worked very well,so much so that lar corbett,drifted towards midfield to get a little space and picked off some great points which helped get tipp over the line,i just think if goals are kept to the min,this could be a lowish scoreing game,and is 5/6 for the unders a double here pays just over 5/2 which will do me fine as i have a right wedge on kk to lift the cup @ 6/4 so have a tiny edge there,and corbett to win the player of the year @ 11/4(5/4 now)so have a decent edge there.could be testies in a sling time if things dont work out

Re the minors.....

twitter
                                                                                              moneybookers

Comment

Dublin minors/KK Seniors double is 3.77/1 on William Hill, having some of that.

A little tipple on Padraic Maher to be man of the match @14/1 on boyles aswell.

Will be holding big ammo for the football weekend though. The Dublin minors/Kerry double is getting lumped there.
                                                                                                "Ne jamais perdre sa passsionne...ou s'en, éloigner vite!!!!..EC

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
                                                                                                  good reading there alright,and the total points line looks high nuff for a minor game,unders could be worth a few quid,but for me i'll stick to what i have,as ive anuff out,good luck to ye whatever ye do
                                                                                                  Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Just realised today's match will be the first Championship match I have seen all year

Local bookies were going evens on Tipp yesterday, but I couldn't back it having not seen any hurling, even if it looks good value on the face of it. I'd still love to see them win anyway.

Comment

Who's playing today, Kerry and Dublin is it? Gwan the Kingdom

Comment

Need an interest bet in the final. PP refunding all goalscoring bets if Lar scores the last goal. Who do we like for first goal or anytime goal Kev?
                                                                                                        Last edited by The Situation; 04-09-11, 12:32.
                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Meh it's only €100 max payout special, probably for the best

Went for Brennen anytime 11/4 and also small bit on Tipp to win by by 1-3 points at 7/2.
                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Need an interest bet in the final. PP refunding all goalscoring bets if Lar scores the last goal. Who do we like for first goal or anytime goal Kev?
                                                                                                            Just saw on twitter that Ladbrokes are refunding goalscorer bets if Lar Corbett or Shefflin scores a goal anytime, or if anyone is sent off. Pretty good special, much better than PPs

Comment

What makes you think KK will take an early lead in the Final? Also if the game finishes as a draw(unlikely but possible), you're screwing yourself both ways.
                                                                                                              good guess?? what u think lay off a bit or let it ride my head is tellin me let it ride

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                                                                                                                good guess?? what u think lay off a bit or let it ride my head is tellin me let it ride
                                                                                                                I'd let it ride but I know very little about hurling.
                                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

I'd let it ride but I know very little about hurling.
                                                                                                                  i dont know a whole lot either but i can see kk are on fire

Comment

anyone coming down for the party 2morro??

Comment

landed the big one,just one more weekend left with the football so well ahead now whatever happens,3rd year in a row ive won on gaa,roll on the rugby world cup
                                                                                                                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Tipp minors surely a value bet at 3/1 v Dublin? Beaten Cork and Kerry already this year. Seems a huge price

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                          Tipp minors surely a value bet at 3/1 v Dublin? Beaten Cork and Kerry already this year. Seems a huge price
                                                                                                                          Just seen this now i thought tipp + 3 at 11/10 was good. I was really impressed by dublins first half although we still have a small chance.
                                                                                                                          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X