Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is an Abracababra just up the roas from that race course. Do you think he'll make the trip Gimmmme? My money says he'll make it.

Sunday Special - According to John Taco £3
    Big 'Orse Kebabs £2.50

Gimmeabreak
    Gimme Gimme Gimme all you can eat specials in Cheltenham week.

*Now with Horseradish sauce

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
      sigh. i have a habit of getting caught on the line.

im puinting Roman Republic in the 5.30 in Meydaan. Got a less than spectacular ride lto from frankie, race under his belt and an extra half furlong tonight - i think the 13/8 is very fair and im in.
      Just saw that race now, fking hell that must have been torture

Comment

Really fancy Cant Buy Time in Newbury today, looked good winning back in Jan in Cheltenham. Currently 4/1 with VC.

Comment

yeah great fancy wtfwt.
          location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser sose View Post
            yeah great fancy wtfwt.
            Pretty dismal run

Comment

Had a nice amount on AFineyoungman today at Naas. Mullin's horse. 3rd fav it was at 4/1

Comment

this is probably the best piece of aftertiming ive seen on here, very impressive well done.

have you tried the betfair forum? they would love you over there.
                Nah just mentioning it. Something ive never done before as i rarely back horses.

Keep up the good trolling Noel.

Comment

Bold Present FTW please. Or E/W would do nicely
                  Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                    Bold Present FTW please. Or E/W would do nicely
                    Sigh. So far today backed a horse at 10/1 E/W with an SP of 6/1 and a horse at 5/4 that finished at like 1.8. No binkage at all obv. I want a medal though.

Comment

I will be having a pretty decent poke at Middleton Dene in Carlisle 3.15 tomorrow. Nothing of his ability in the race and it is coming off the back of a decent return lto. My only slight concern would be that he flopped pretty badly on the track in November, it was on heavy ground and he seemed to get stuck in the mud which meant his jumping left alot to be desired. That said, for an ordinary race it did work out v v well. He did jump much better lto. So long as I can avail of 6/4 il be removing the elastic from a bundle of notes.
                      5/4 the field, 2.36 on the machine.
                      Went through that form is very impressive.

Comment

OK Lascalahall and Psycho today please.

Comment

it maxed at 141 over hurdles. I have no doubt that if it had a jockey to do it justice it would have peaked a fair bit higher. It was 6th int he Albert Bartlett behind Nenuphar Collognes only beatn 6.5 lengths - Id be confident that she cost him at least that throughout the course of the race.

tbh it would be very very disappointing if it didnt beat this sorry lot today.
                          Im on, lets hope we dont have willie on posting some shite about abrakebara in the next hous or so.......

Comment

Sigh. Backed at 9/2 finished at 9/4, but again nothing. If that horse could jump or if he got a better ride he wins.

Running pretty awful at the nags lately. Very very happy with the bets I've made but no return for an age obv.

Comment

I will be having a pretty decent poke at Middleton Dene in Carlisle 3.15 tomorrow. Nothing of his ability in the race and it is coming off the back of a decent return lto. My only slight concern would be that he flopped pretty badly on the track in November, it was on heavy ground and he seemed to get stuck in the mud which meant his jumping left alot to be desired. That said, for an ordinary race it did work out v v well. He did jump much better lto. So long as I can avail of 6/4 il be removing the elastic from a bundle of notes.
                              Nice one, cheers. Drifted to a tasty 7/4 too.

Comment

it maxed at 141 over hurdles. I have no doubt that if it had a jockey to do it justice it would have peaked a fair bit higher. It was 6th int he Albert Bartlett behind Nenuphar Collognes only beatn 6.5 lengths - Id be confident that she cost him at least that throughout the course of the race.

tbh it would be very very disappointing if it didnt beat this sorry lot today.
                                Well done sir, great ride from Lee there, he needs a good jockey to show his best, ridden for a long way but his pace was good enough.
                                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Excellent shout. Good analysis. Cheers.

Comment

Do PP give you best price when you back it in the morning online?

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                      as an add on to this, if its done in an accum at say 6/4 and goes off at 7/4 - what odds does one get?

ty

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                        as an add on to this, if its done in an accum at say 6/4 and goes off at 7/4 - what odds does one get?

ty
                                        you only get the price you took unfortunately, only single bets are guaranteed.
                                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                          k cool, i was wondering why the "Bet receipt" had different prices(with GP beisde them) than i took but the original payout.

by any chance does anyone here know anything about any horse in this race:

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                            yes. singles only.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                              Originally posted by careca View Post
                                              yes. singles only.
                                              ok because of my betting slip giving different prices than i took, i ask customer care and they told me that it does apply to accum and then i saw this.

This applies to both early prices and board prices on all UK and Ireland horse racing and greyhound racing. You cannot lose out by taking the price.

This offer applies to all single and multiple bets placed online and mobile and through Dial a bet
                                              so u learn somthing knew everyday i suppose

Comment

OK you're forgiven for According To John.
                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                  OK you're forgiven for According To John.
                                                  let's not go nuts here
                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

If it was easy, then everyone would be at it

great drift out to an SP of 7/4. The good news is that he will probably be pitched in somewhere around 128-130 for that run. That is a mark he can deffo exploit as he steps up to 3m.
                                                    Nice one did 2 singles and a double wit Juicy Pear who also drifted.
                                                    I'll buy you a pint at I.O(provided Dunguib loses)

Comment

il be back with more 2moro but for the minute I wish to draw Rounders attn to Luan Cincisce in Dundalk this evening.
                                                      Picked this one out last night.Looks a poor maiden and i'd be very suprised if this fellow couldnt collect.
                                                      "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

il be back with more 2moro but for the minute I wish to draw Rounders attn to Luan Cincisce in Dundalk this evening.
                                                        Just came on here to post that. I remember what was said here on his first run. It turned out to be quite a decent maiden, and this lot look pretty bad.

Comment

Ugh bet365 only letting me have a tenner on it. I wouldn't have minded them shutting my account down if I hadnt run so so bad on that site. Sigh.

Comment

i think he is plenty short and would be willing to let him go at that price. Poorly drawn though it may race prominent which would counter this slightly. I framed a rule last year never to back a maiden from the outside in Dundalk so i am going to keep it for now.
                                                            Yeah I guess thats pretty sensible. I'd usually hate backing first timers to an AW surface too, dunno why I got so excited bout it. Maybe just as well that they put a limit on me.

Comment

serious gamble going on here in dundalk

Comment

Well and truly stuffed Had it doubled with brushed aside...grrrrrrr

Comment

7:50 Wolverhampton - Seldom - 1pt e/w @ 8/1

Hitting the crossbar alot of late, only lost by a neck lto and up 2lbs as a result, good jockey on board and will hopefully be there or thereabouts at the end of the race leading from the front.

Edit : Didn't even try to get to the front and the writing was on the wall early on.
                                                                  Last edited by Esprit; 12-03-10, 19:53.

Comment

fools, money, etc. lads lining up to back it at 4/6 need to have a chat with themselves.
                                                                    An absolute lay at that price in that race.

Comment

Wolverhampton

4:00 - Micky's Knock Off - 5pts @ 4/1 - NAP

Dropped in grade for this one, has been running well of late and one i've been following. Jimmy Quinn on board too is a jockey i like, Should be well able to beat these if running well but there are a couple of dangers in the race.

Sandown

3:05 - Aather - 2pt e/w @ 8/1 - NB

Very good jumper and could still be ahead of the handicappers mark, Top jockey on board in Timmy Murphy, the good ground will be a help, and 8/1 is a good price for a horse i think has a great chance of being in the placings which are 1/4 for the first 5 horses.

Only these two bets for me tomorrow so putting a nice few quid on them.

Best of luck to anyone betting tomorrow and hopefully it's prosperous for us all.

*These aren't tips or anything, they're my own opinions which aren't worth much!
                                                                      Last edited by Esprit; 13-03-10, 13:01. Reason: Prices Added!

Comment

Both stone wall useless, really fancied Mickey's Knock Off but he didn't run well at all.

Comment

dont take this the wrong way, but i find int concerning when somebody is napping an exposed type in a claimer when it is worse off with 2 in the field.
                                                                          I fancied it today myself but after reading this yesterday I just said I'd leave it. Only bit of good news for me today so far.

Originally posted by Esprit View Post

Hitting the crossbar alot of late, only lost by a neck lto and up 2lbs as a result, good jockey on board and will hopefully be there or thereabouts at the end of the race leading from the front.

(

Comment

I got it wrong obviously, i'm don't know my horses inside out but i gave my opinion which i thought was what this thread was about ?. Although my opinion was wrong, sorry.

Comment

Don't mind Gimmeabreak, he tips one 7/4 lucky winner and suddenly thinks he is is a master tipster like Derek Thompson.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                Don't mind Gimmeabreak, he tips one 7/4 lucky winner and suddenly thinks he is is a master tipster like Derek Thompson.
                                                                                Ah he's right looking back at it, but i've only been following horses about 9 months now. Still trying to get to grips with everything so i call it wrong a good bit of the time, no harm, just lost too much money today. Thank God they were my only 2 bets for the day!

Comment

esprit - dont worry too much, i am only giving you my view. you can get it all back tomorrow by backing Morning Supreme.
                                                                                  I know, i appreciate it too. I need to make mistakes to learn from them. Really fancied him after the last run but was way off the mark, thought he would lead from the start but he just sat in behind the leaders. I've lots to learn anyways and hopefully i will some day.

What race is Morning Supreme running in ?. Cheers by the way.

Comment

bit disappointed in the price of Morning Supreme but then again i think 1/2 accurately reflects the supremacy of the wpm horse.

over in Navan Kimberlite King is sickly overpriced at 10/1
                                                                                    Was looking at KK myself noel, couldn't understand the price tbh, nice each way punt

Comment

Any more shit talk about who is or who isn't a certain poster then people will get banned. This is the last time we will do this, and any on thread accusations or reactions will result in bannings.

NewApproach, Sirtoyou, and Espirit (you 3 in particular) use report post function if you have an issue and let us sort it out if anything needs to be sorted out.

Comment

I really really like Gates of Rome today. He'll be going out to 5s soon I think, and will be getting some of my attention

Also, if P'Tit Fute isn't backed, I'll be having a bit on Woodbine Willie.

Comment

Carnage in the Midlands National at Uttoxeter there. Only 3 horses finished. The track is like a bog. I had a decent punt on Ballydub and he was one of the first to go.
                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Good call on Gates of Rome, TG.

Comment

Brave Betsy is fancied by connections today. IMO its a very tough race.
                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Looked all over a winner between the last 2 but found nothing huge off the bridle. Classiest horse won.

Comment

P'tit Fute is an almost certain non jigger today. I really like Woodbine Willy and also give Prince Rocco a great chance but never mind them - Travino is sickly overpriced @ 14/1 now that he is back down to 20f.
                                                                                                  ONE more time,,,ty

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                                                                                    Looked all over a winner between the last 2 but found nothing huge off the bridle. Classiest horse won.
                                                                                                    FFS!
                                                                                                    I thought it was the next race, missed it. Lot of promising chasers in it.
                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

have you tried to walk on water yet??

Comment

And another good pick, BCB. Unfortunately I wussed out and just had a place bet on it...

Comment

Harriers Call, Maximo and Hujalea against the field in the upcoming lincoln...

Comment

got word for Award winner in the 445 at carlisle,,,9/4 i'm afraid

Comment

2:20 Wolverhampton - Top Flight Splash - 1pts e/w

I think she has a decent e/w chance tomorrow, will be one of my only bets tomorrow i'd say, along with Gimmeabreak's pick above, thanks for that.

Comment

I stubbornly refuse to believe that we have seen the best of The Big Orse, had the jockey not had the whip knocked from his hand lto then I feel he would have won.

His best form has been at Newbury as it probably suits him best, he is actually a very big animal and he deffo appreciates the galloping nature of the place. He runs tomorrow in Plumpton, its no newbury but it is a pretty decent galloping track.

Id be pretty sure he has the beating of the opposition, if this was being run at Newbury id happily take 2/1, id be looking for 5/2 or 11/4 tomorrow before i take the elastic off as compensation for the course.

Im pretty sure his trainer has had a few winners since this lad last run, they are only a small stable so it bodes well for his well being.
                                                                                                                My main worry with this fellow is that henderson has a line of form through him so they will know where they stand with regard to beating him. TBO is 11/4 with piper royal @ 5/2. Both 3/1 with 365 so maybe a sneaky ew bet is in order

Comment

Originally posted by Esprit View Post
                                                                                                                  2:20 Wolverhampton - Top Flight Splash - 1pts e/w

I think she has a decent e/w chance tomorrow, will be one of my only bets tomorrow i'd say, along with Gimmeabreak's pick above, thanks for that.
                                                                                                                  Top Flight Splashed was well backed but faded away after the bend, will stick him in the tracker.

Best of luck with The Big Orse, i've a nice few quid on him. Cheers.

Comment

I'm loving the look of Tuscan King in the 15.50 at Wolver. Very good each way chance here at 10/1 IMO. He's been placed in 11/12 AW races including three wins over this course and distance. He's also going off a pound lighter than his previous victory last time out and has won at a good bit heavier than this mark. Very consistant horse.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by The Situation; 22-03-10, 15:55.
                                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

I like the look of Dancing Dude in the 3.20 lingfield.MJ has been farming these type of maidens and this one looks easy pickings if this lad has any sort of ability and with a price tag of 280k he'd really want to be winning this readily to justify that.

Comment

Bah...FU Dickie Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                                                                                          I'm loving the look of Tuscan King in the 15.50 at Wolver. Very good each way chance here at 10/1 IMO. He's been placed in 11/12 AW races including three wins over this course and distance. He's also going off a pound lighter than his previous victory last time out and has won at a good bit heavier than this mark. Very consistant horse.
                                                                                                                          Wouldn't be for me, he's racing off a career high mark and is up against unexposed types, but I'm not gonna have a bet in the race so good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X