Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mo turned over at 1/9 last night, didn't stay very well in the closing stages. Pretty depressed by this I must say, thought I had the antipost value of the century for the Derby. Owners made no excuses either. Hopefully just an off day but worrying...

In other news I fancy Bedarra Boy(4/1) to overcome a big rise in Lbs to win the 3.45 at Ascot today. Very progressive chaser who loves going right handed. Won his last race by 15 lengths which could have been greater if it wasn't for a mistake 2 out. The two other times owners booked Colemann to ride this year they've won.
    Last edited by The Situation; 10-04-11, 11:44.
    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
      Mo turned over at 1/9 last night, didn't stay very well in the closing stages. Pretty depressed by this I must say, thought I had the antipost value of the century for the Derby. Owners made no excuses either. Hopefully just an off day but worrying...
      Same, biggest ever single bet, worrying month ahead, will be the difference between a great trip to vegas and an epic trip if he comes in. Hopefully just overtrained in the run up and they learn from any mistakes made.

Comment

Nice one Sitch. Won easy.

Comment

In other news I fancy Bedarra Boy(4/1) to overcome a big rise in Lbs to win the 3.45 at Ascot today. Very progressive chaser who loves going right handed. Won his last race by 15 lengths which could have been greater if it wasn't for a mistake 2 out. The two other times owners booked Colemann to ride this year they've won.
          TY mate, got a bit on him at 4/1. WP.

Comment

Ladies are forever is overpriced in the 4.10 at Newmarket today imo, worth a small ew bet at 7/1.
            Profit before people.

Comment

hopefully this one comes in, need a stake to lump on Aberdeen tonight.
              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

nope.
                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Saw this post on Sunday Morning, looked it up and thought that's a live one, like your thinking. Was going out to a confirmation do that all the members of a syndicate we are putting together were at, so I planned to put this out there get everyone caught up in it and get the first couple of months expenses into the kitty. Everything was going to plan, I got as far as getting everyone excited and had them loosening their wallets when I realised it was already 4:30 PM. FML

WP Sitch
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Newmarket (Thursday) 15:35 Betting Odds
                    6f Class 1 Connaught Access Flooring Abernant Stakes (Listed) (3yo plus)

society rock will most def be a big player in this, best price at the mo 7/2, i got on at 4s a little while ago.

this is a top class sprinter coming second to starspangledbanner last season in the golden jubilee grp 1 at ascot. (had a nice ew bet on him at 50s)

has also won over this CD winning the tattersalls million sprint. won a listed race last season with a great turn of foot(comes off the pace).

although he has not had a run this season, it should not make a difference as this horse would not need it as it get wound up easily.

the fact that he wasnt gelded suggest to me that owners have plans for him.

he is also well in weight wise been about 4/5 pounds to the good.

worth a small win bet for anyone interested.

Comment

Missed the race. How in gods name did Genki drift to 12/1, any obvious reason pre-race?

Another titanic effort from AOK under a penalty.
                      Profit before people.

Comment

Missed the race. How in gods name did Genki drift to 12/1, any obvious reason pre-race?

Another titanic effort from AOK under a penalty.
                        Apparently he didn't look fully fit before hand, he is a big horse too would take a lot of getting fit. That's just from the 30 seconds of RUK preview I saw beforehand tho.

Comment

Originally posted by japeye View Post
                          Newmarket (Thursday) 15:35 Betting Odds
                          6f Class 1 Connaught Access Flooring Abernant Stakes (Listed) (3yo plus)

society rock will most def be a big player in this, best price at the mo 7/2, i got on at 4s a little while ago.

this is a top class sprinter coming second to starspangledbanner last season in the golden jubilee grp 1 at ascot. (had a nice ew bet on him at 50s)

has also won over this CD winning the tattersalls million sprint. won a listed race last season with a great turn of foot(comes off the pace).

although he has not had a run this season, it should not make a difference as this horse would not need it as it get wound up easily.

the fact that he wasnt gelded suggest to me that owners have plans for him.

he is also well in weight wise been about 4/5 pounds to the good.

worth a small win bet for anyone interested.
                          well that certainly didn go to my plan, never got into the race.

didnt go hard on him when it was obvious that he not going to win.

im certain his next outing will be in group company and we should see a different horse, obviously needed this run, should be a nice ew price next day and i will be sticking with him cos he really is a good thing.

on a side note the winner done it well 2day.

Comment

Anyone think Hello Bud @ 44 for the Irish National is good back to lay value?
                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

No love for the Scottish National today?

Chicago Grey looks the one to beat but prob short enough now. Having a cheeky each way poke at Gone to Lunch @ 22's. 2nd here the last two years. Hard to know how much of his ability he retained at 11. Lightly raced this year, only a couple of runs in pointers and what looked like a prep for this race in the Foxhunters where he ran ok. He does tend to always stay on all fours which is a bonus in a race like this. Could completely bomb though.

Only other bet today is Bridges of Gold in the 2.05 at Newbury @9's. Probably would prefer a bit more give in the ground but one of few here who goes well fresh. Still early days in the flat season so sensible bet sizes.
                              Profit before people.

Comment

Reason found, fingers crossed - http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/04/1...by-status.html

Comment

Harringtons Siren Song should have a decent ew chance in the 4:35 at Navan.

Oxx's team have a very high opinion of mesariya tho finished ahead of it on its debut and Berry got a bad bump that day and came off thinking there was a lot more to come from it. Its a fair step up and Oxx has the Fav so will know what he needs to do to to beat it.

Comment

There running Fame and Glory in the Vintage Crop at 4.05 with a view to going the staying route with him.

Hes never struck me as a stayer and i always thought him better over 1m2f than 1m4f

Im going to be laying him all year at the short odds if he does keep stepping up in trip

Probably end up in the poor house cause APOB probably knows more than me
                                    Last edited by Wesley Harms; 17-04-11, 14:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Oxx's team have a very high opinion of mesariya tho finished ahead of it on its debut and Berry got a bad bump that day and came off thinking there was a lot more to come from it. Its a fair step up and Oxx has the Fav so will know what he needs to do to to beat it.
                                      The fav could be the real deal here imo, took a bit of 2's this morning. Her win over empowering looked v impressive at the time and all the more now considering Empowerings form since.

That said its a very inviting EW betting book. Gary o Brien gave a good write up on Asheerah so I'm on that EW in the betting without fav market too.

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                                      There running Fame and Glory in the Vintage
                                      Crop at 4.05 with a view to going the staying route with him.

Hes never struck me as a stayer and i always thought him better over 1m2f than 1m4f

Im going to be laying him all year at the short odds if he does keep stepping up in trip

Probably end up in the poor house cause APOB probably knows more than me
                                      Considered this too but opted against due to the relative weakness of his opponents here.
                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Considered this too but opted against due to the relative weakness of his opponents here.
                                        Today is only 1m5 so he will probably win, but at 1/4 im happy to lay

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                                          Today is only 1m5 so he will probably win, but at 1/4 im happy to lay
                                          Might get involved in running if someone sets off in a good front running gallop to really test his stamina but don't see any obvious front runners here so it'll prob be slowish tactical affair which will play into F&G hands(well legs)
                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Manieree in the 4.35 navan worth a small EW bet 7/1. Just not guaranteed to stay but worth the shot

Comment

ship ship!! nice one

Comment

Well played Strewel. Asheerah place money softened the blow for me. Strong race and could be a lot of future form from the front few.
                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Folsom blue at the 5.20 in gowran currerntly 9/2 in from 11/2, well worth a small punt if any1 is gona beat the fav its him

Comment

Sweet.
                                                    Love figuring them out like that.
                                                    Oxx's Mesaryia would be the one to take out of todays race because despite the difficult run Siren Song had and that it has probably improved half a stone for the race, there was no second in Leopardstown that day.
                                                    I won't be trading the little bit of 70 I have for the Oaks

Comment

went into have a few quid on investment world @5.30 southwell....not a tip just a horse i'd kinda being following anf fancy 2day and had a nice day yesterday... just went there in ladbrokes in rathmines, was gonna have the monkey on it @ 11/10, went up to the counter, handed over the docket and the loots, very polite women behind the counter says the bet can't be accepted, and says i can change the wager to 200 and it can be accepted, never heard anything like this before as i thought all bookmakers accepted bets up to a certain liability which is usually about a million quid!! went round to powers and had the other 300 on @ evens

just wondering did this ever happen to any1 else and are they allowed to do this ?
                                                      Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by healwayscallsmedonkey View Post
                                                        just wondering did this ever happen to any1 else and are they allowed to do this ?
                                                        Yes and yes, they dont have to accept bets or pay out on bets.

Comment

You're onto a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                            You're onto a winner.
                                                            ye i wish finished last, got a little back on bowens in the hereford bumper, but very disappointed

Comment

9/2 looks big about Paul Nolans Golden Sunbird in the mares race at 2.20. Very impressive performance last time out in Limerick winning a listed race by 18 lengths. Favorite is very good here but has no form on good which has to be factored. Jockey booking huge positive on Golden Sunbird. I'm on in place market and outright.
                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

9/2 looks big about Paul Nolans Golden Sunbird in the mares race at 2.20. Very impressive performance last time out in Limerick winning a listed race by 18 lengths. Favorite is very good here but has no form on good which has to be factored. Jockey booking huge positive on Golden Sunbird. I'm on in place market and outright.
                                                                Only second despite trading odds on in running, did green up at around evns though so happy enough.

The last Derby looks like the standout bet in the Irish national today ew at 12/1. Hard to find many negatives about this one. Hasn't raced since last October but the last two times he's had long breaks from season to season he's won first time out on his returns. Still only seven which is young for a third season chaser so is likely to improve and could be on a progressive handicap mark. Has won before at Fairyhouse so course isn't a worry, will stay and ground suits.

Favorite is only a 2nd reserve so I'm not sure of the likelihood of him getting in???. If he doesn't 12/1 on the last derby is all the more appealing...
                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Only second despite trading odds on in running, did green up at around evns though so happy enough.

The last Derby looks like the standout bet in the Irish national today ew at 12/1. Hard to find many negatives about this one. Hasn't raced since last October but the last two times he's had long breaks from season to season he's won first time out on his returns. Still only seven which is young for a third season chaser so is likely to improve and could be on a progressive handicap mark. Has won before at Fairyhouse so course isn't a worry, will stay and ground suits.

Favorite is only a 2nd reserve so I'm not sure of the likelihood of him getting in???. If he doesn't 12/1 on the last derby is all the more appealing...
                                                                  All over the Last Derby @12's ,good to see one of the resident experts here concur!

Comment

Hopped on that for a few pennies as well, gl.

Comment

Surely Gordon Elliot will do a few shady dealings with a couple of owners of outsiders in the race to make them withdraw in order to let Beautiful Sound in?? Speculate to accumulate and all that. Prob take ~10k each I'd imagine.
                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

2 winners for gordan elliott tomorrow in kilbeggan? got 2 out of the 3 today in perth

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                          Saturday in Newmarket. If you have a bet on boylesports.com and it finishes 2nd you will get your money back. Same will apply at Punchestown next Tuesday.

/spam
                                                                          Any chance of a few free bets or some bonus or the price of a bag of turf?
                                                                          username Frankhunt thanks in advance

Comment

Queen Commander 17:10 @ Gowran.

Light bit of rain suits well according to a tip from the owner

Comment

Galakina is expected to win the next in the Curragh

Comment

hmmm don't know what happened there, too bad to be true.

Comment

Luckily with Caf's recommendation hacking up in the bumper in Limerick the damage limitation exercise was successful.

Comment

I'm not enjoying this sweat on whether Uncle Mo makes the derby tomorrow. You'd think they'd have decided by now. I've read very contrasting articles about the seriousness of his illness, from him being very likely not to run it at all to the illness being completely fabricated just to push out his price. A couple of other owners in the race have said he looks fantastic out galloping which gives me hope.
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

€20 treble

Tioman Legend 2.05 Lingfield
                                                                                      Hurricane Fly
                                                                                      Connaught +13

Gogogogo

Comment

I'm not enjoying this sweat on whether Uncle Mo makes the derby tomorrow. You'd think they'd have decided by now. I've read very contrasting articles about the seriousness of his illness, from him being very likely not to run it at all to the illness being completely fabricated just to push out his price. A couple of other owners in the race have said he looks fantastic out galloping which gives me hope.
                                                                                        He's out. I just got sick in my mouth. FML*1000000
                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Got word for Represent in the 7.00 at Ascot. Might improve for the run, but has been showing loads at home. Stoutly enough bred for 5f so I doubt they'd run her at this time of the year unless she was really showing them something. 5/1 at the minute.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                            €20 treble

Tioman Legend 2.05 Lingfield
                                                                                            Hurricane Fly
                                                                                            Connaught +13

Gogogogo
                                                                                            First one in, ship ship

Comment

Took the collective advice on here and trebled up Tioman legend, hurricane fly and represent later on..one time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                First one in, ship ship
                                                                                                Connaught +15 with Laddies. Gl, ez game!

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                                                  Connaught +15 with Laddies. Gl, ez game!
                                                                                                  +16 with WH. Ship Ship

Opr

Comment

Sick, hopefully +13 is enough

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                      Got word for Represent in the 7.00 at Ascot. Might improve for the run, but has been showing loads at home. Stoutly enough bred for 5f so I doubt they'd run her at this time of the year unless she was really showing them something. 5/1 at the minute.
                                                                                                      Urgh, got carried the whole way across the track, beaten about a half a length in third. Very unlucky. Went off 3/1 I think.

Comment

Fuck Munster anyway, decent sweat at the end tho

Comment

Stormin gordan in the 2:40 at warick was 20 / 1 this morning and it now 11/4. Get on it!

Comment

Originally posted by flushjee View Post
                                                                                                            Stormin gordan in the 2:40 at warick was 20 / 1 this morning and it now 11/4. Get on it!
                                                                                                            welcome to the forum
                                                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Haha, ye, hoping no one would see this, what a sham of a horse

Comment

Originally posted by flushjee View Post
                                                                                                                Haha, ye, hoping no one would see this, what a sham of a horse
                                                                                                                We see everything

For future reference you shouldn't get into the habit of backing those massive gambles, especially when they're over a fifth of there opening morning price.
                                                                                                                Last edited by The Situation; 10-05-11, 14:10.
                                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

20-1 to 11/4 and it was a sham?.. always wondered what the bookies do be at there?.

Comment

I put Mesariya in my notebook after her maiden win at Leop. She runs tonight in Naas (7pm) in Group 3. Obv far tougher race but I thought she was capable of much more. 9/4 with Boyles (from 3s) and a few bob for her on PP too. Might be worth a euro.

any fancies for York?

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                                      I put Mesariya in my notebook after her maiden win at Leop. She runs tonight in Naas (7pm) in Group 3. Obv far tougher race but I thought she was capable of much more. 9/4 with Boyles (from 3s) and a few bob for her on PP too. Might be worth a euro.

any fancies for York?
                                                                                                                      Hopefully I'll be watching the 70/1 I have about it for the oaks shrink a little bit further

Comment

Hopefully I'll be watching the 70/1 I have about it for the oaks shrink a little bit further
                                                                                                                        That was the first thing I thought of that day, could be an Oaks horse. Tonight should tell a lot. Good luck with it.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post

any fancies for York?
                                                                                                                          Not the easiest card today, Cecils one is a small lay in the 2.30.

Only other bet is Ladies are Forever in the 3.00. Could be a little early for a three year old to take on the older guys but I think she's a bet at 20/1. Very promising 2 year old campeign and return run this year she finished fifth in a strong group 3 over 7 furlongs. She was bang in contention over 6 furlongs and found nothing over the last. She's running over 6 today which is her ideal trip and ground is a bonus being on the soft side of good. She's one for following through the season and a small-med EW bet today.
                                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X