Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
    Trying to brain storm here with my friend who is about to open a cafe/ wine bar in Donegal.

Trying to think of a name that sounds sophisticated but doesn't state it is just a cafe as in the evening it will be a wine bar or gin bar. Don't want the word cafe in name. There is a similarish place called Berry Lane, it sounds sophisticated. So, just to give you pointers

Lunch for 2 if the name is chosen

For every time you in Donegal in a year I may add!
    Something that lets people know that you do both,
    Ie Cafe _____ and then a fancy french wine term,
    The people know its a cafe that serves coffee and the alcoholics of the town know the wine term
    Cafe Shiraz or maybe something not as obvious as that.

Comment

Sending these on to my friend, she is liking a couple so far.

Keep up the good work folks

Comment

Drinks or GTFO

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
          Drinks or GTFO
          I suggested something similar but she didn't go for it!

Comment

Quick question, does anybody here have any information on travelling to Russia possibly might be going for work early next week (Wednesday) and seems a little intricate on getting everything sorted for a visa this quick.
            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
              Quick question, does anybody here have any information on travelling to Russia possibly might be going for work early next week (Wednesday) and seems a little intricate on getting everything sorted for a visa this quick.
              I'm guessing ringing the embassy in Dublin is your quickest way to get an answer Danny.

Comment

Top tips for de-dog-piss-ifying concrete?

We'd been letting the dog out onto the balcony for a leak, which all seemed fine when the weather has been wet and cold.

This week we have learned that we are dickheads and the gaf now smells of piss every evening...

Help?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

We'd been letting the dog out onto the balcony for a leak, which all seemed fine when the weather has been wet and cold.

This week we have learned that we are dickheads and the gaf now smells of piss every evening...

Help?
                  Get used to the smell of piss or get a garden.

Comment

Help?
                    Pee smell is mostly leftover ammonia, which is a base, so any acid would do. Vinegar probably best.
                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Help?
                      Walk the dog

Comment

Help?
                        Small bucket hot water with a drop of bleach. So easy to do a few times a day. Iv been doing it yrs,dog 14 now and still alive
                        Her sky-ness
                        © 5starpool

Comment

London city airport really is the nuts, 10 mins to board plane, 10 mins on other side, uber -15 mins will be in my hotel
                          Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                          https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                            Walk the dog
                            Doesn't help with the piss smell.

We have to undo that as well as stop letting it happen again!
                            Dog is out 3 hours a day with a dog walker at ludicrous expense btw...

Comment

Living in a city and having a Dog is ridiculous anyhow. Nearly as bad in the suburbs, but people in small houses or apartments having dogs is something I've never understood.

Comment

Living in a city and having a Dog is ridiculous anyhow. Nearly as bad in the suburbs, but people in small houses or apartments having dogs is something I've never understood.

I'd have a garden if I had a choice like...

Comment

Well you don't, so why have a dog?

Admittedly I'm a big believer in dogs and cats being outside all the time if they must be had at all, so I'm hardly a pet person, but dogs should not live in small enclosed areas in my view.

Comment

Whine n Wimmin

Comment

Drinks or GTFO
                                      GTFI

Comment

Well you don't, so why have a dog?
                                        I moved here 4 months ago. Should I have put the dog down?
                                        Admittedly I'm a big believer in dogs and cats being outside all the time if they must be had at all, so I'm hardly a pet person, but dogs should not live in small enclosed areas in my view.
                                        My dog would not agree with you.

Comment

better with the sound down

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I moved here 4 months ago. Should I have put the dog down?

My dog would not agree with you.
                                            If the dog is too important to give to someone else, move somewhere it will have space.

Is it one of those tiny little dogs?

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                              GTFI
                                              Lunch or gtfo

Comment

If the dog is too important to give to someone else, move somewhere it will have space.

[X] Has never rented in that London

Comment

Nope, she's a beast. A terrifying jack russell terrier.

I'm afraid as I live in a different country from all of my family, and have relocated to a brand new place for work, it's not quit as easy as you make it out to to give a dog to someone else, especially not someone you could trust...
                                                  Last edited by Emmet; 14-03-17, 20:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                    [X] Has never rented in that London
                                                    [X] Has rented in that London.

I know the difficulties there, but it does not remove my own view that dogs shouldn't be in apartments or houses with little or no outside space. The housing reality in London doesn't make a difference to my view.

It's not an argument, or anything that one can win so I'll leave it there, but just thought to share my opinion on the situation. I know loads of people have dogs in those situations, just never something I'd consider doing.As I said though, i'm not particularly a pet person.

Comment

Nope, she's a beast. A terrifying jack russell terrier.

I'm afraid as I live in a different country from all of my family, and have relocated to a brand new place for work, it's not quit as easy as you make it out to to give a dog to someone else, especially not someone you could trust...
                                                      white knight might give ya advice , they have a right fucking beast lol and lived in an apartment in Dublin with said nut job Beast , but I do know Clodgah walked it every morning like at 6 am , and they only had a balcony too
                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Do you like pets Tom?
                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Sending these on to my friend, she is liking a couple so far.

Keep up the good work folks
                                                            Give the business a month or two.
                                                            Winebar Donegal

Comment

CL delivering decent entertainment this year.
                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

[X] Has rented in that London.

I know the difficulties there, but it does not remove my own view that dogs shouldn't be in apartments or houses with little or no outside space. The housing reality in London doesn't make a difference to my view.

It's not an argument, or anything that one can win so I'll leave it there, but just thought to share my opinion on the situation. I know loads of people have dogs in those situations, just never something I'd consider doing.As I said though, i'm not particularly a pet person.
                                                                tbh id kinda agree on dogs in flats, one reason I dont have one

Hard for Emmet though, puts dog in home its probably put down, so he is kinda stuck as he is for time being

Comment

Leicester!

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                    Leicester!
                                                                    They are kind of being vindicated on the ranieri thing.wonder did he just stumble in at the right time? A lot of people gonna conflicted about hopping back on the bandwagon

Comment

1st leg I was cheering on Leicester
                                                                      found it hard to cheer them on this leg, still baffled as to how the tinkerman was treated. Some result though.

Comment

I see The Young Offenders has made Netflix, y'all should watch it and then thank me after, it's lolcork but in a good way.
                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                          I see The Young Offenders has made Netflix, y'all should watch it and then thank me after, it's lolcork but in a good way.
                                                                          Excellent. I was just thinking I am at a bit of a loss so I will do just that.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                            They are kind of being vindicated on the ranieri thing.wonder did he just stumble in at the right time? A lot of people gonna conflicted about hopping back on the bandwagon
                                                                            There are loads of ways to look at the situation and what's to be believed from what went on but their sudden upturn in form is showing the players up as a bunch of cnuts really.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                              I did recomemned it a while back , I am getting good
                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

There are loads of ways to look at the situation and what's to be believed from what went on but their sudden upturn in form is showing the players up as a bunch of cnuts really.
                                                                                Is that not a bit simplistic?
                                                                                The owners have pumped huge money into the club and whether unfair or not Ranieri had to go.
                                                                                He was is a very likeable man and character.
                                                                                The club were slipping into the championship could the owners sack all the players?
                                                                                Football is a business and its the bosses job to get results.
                                                                                This was clearly not happening.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                  I did recomemned it a while back , I am getting good
                                                                                  All of "This is England" is on the box sets. If you haven't seen it already, rectify it !
                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

@Mrs F

'Rubi Vitis'

Rubi for 'rubiaceae' the family of plants the coffee bean comes from. And Vitis, the genus of the grapevine.
                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                      Is that not a bit simplistic?
                                                                                      The owners have pumped huge money into the club and whether unfair or not Ranieri had to go.
                                                                                      He was is a very likeable man and character.
                                                                                      The club were slipping into the championship could the owners sack all the players?
                                                                                      Football is a business and its the bosses job to get results.
                                                                                      This was clearly not happening.
                                                                                      Of course it's simplistic, I'm writing a post not a thesis.
                                                                                      What I probably should have mentioned is the sizeable increase in effort from the players, which after last season paints them in a bad light no matter how you dress it up.
                                                                                      Leicester fans will obviously be delighted this evening but it's the same players who barely tried a leg all season unless it suited them supposedly because they had a problem with Ranieri. They were/are on the cusp of sending those fans back down to the championship because of one man, the same man who helped them achieve what arguably they would never have come near without him. Doesn't look great really.

Comment

Maybe Ruby Vitis would read better.

I can hear those Letterkenonians now, 'ah there ye are, wanna head to RV for a coffee hey?' '

Comment

Fermented Cafe.

fermentedcafe.ie is available, along with other variations.

Lots of domains available.
                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                            Maybe Ruby Vitis would read better.

I can hear those Letterkenonians now, 'ah there ye are, wanna head to rubby titties for a coffee hey?' '
                                                                                            FYP

Comment

Ha! That's why I thought Ruby read better

Comment

Of course it's simplistic, I'm writing a post not a thesis.
                                                                                                What I probably should have mentioned is the sizeable increase in effort from the players, which after last season paints them in a bad light no matter how you dress it up.
                                                                                                Leicester fans will obviously be delighted this evening but it's the same players who barely tried a leg all season unless it suited them supposedly because they had a problem with Ranieri. They were/are on the cusp of sending those fans back down to the championship because of one man, the same man who helped them achieve what arguably they would never have come near without him. Doesn't look great really.
                                                                                                Sorry but this is just wrong.

Liecester were great in the group stages also which was this season. There is no sudden upturn in effort.
                                                                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Ruby Vine's

Comment

A bar/cafe's name has to sound good after 'fancy heading down to...'

If it doesn't, people won't say it.

'Fancy headin down to Ruby's?'

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

Liecester were great in the group stages also which was this season. There is no sudden upturn in effort.
                                                                                                      The premier league table is telling us a different story

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

"Barely tried a leg all season unless it suited them" is what I said. Quoting me out of context like the fucking Daily Mail.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                          The premier league table is telling us a different story
                                                                                                          In fairness the CL was always their priorty this year. Dont think there was any expectations that they would challange for the title again. Beside I never mentioned the PL.
                                                                                                          Last edited by pokerhand; 14-03-17, 23:51.
                                                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Enjoyed that. A few genuine lols.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                              A bar/cafe's name has to sound good after 'fancy heading down to...'

If it doesn't, people won't say it.

'Fancy headin down to Ruby's?'
                                                                                                              Ruby Tuesday's ....... rope in the mid week wine drinkers

Generally a name is quite import in stuff like that. I work is flooded with them. And a lot of them try to be clever and come across more cheesy. Avoid the temptation to swap an S for a Z.
                                                                                                              Where about in Donegal is it? "The Grounds of..." can have a swanky sound to it depending on what the place. Coffee association is subtle.

If sophisticated something like;

Ristretto & Co

Jenever's .... old name for gin

Juniper ... the berry from which gin is name. Creates options such as Juniper Room, Juniper Lane, or Juniper Abbey (Donegal link in that last one)

And finally, forgetting drinks altogether
                                                                                                              Raconteur or the Irish equivalent Seanchaí, which has the double entendre of chai being a type of spiced tea.

Comment

Beano 'n' Vino
                                                                                                                Vin na nGall
                                                                                                                The bean and the Vine
                                                                                                                Black White and / or Red
                                                                                                                Bean Bake Vine
                                                                                                                Cofino
                                                                                                                Murphys

Comment

@ MrsFlusdraw, 'The Cure and the Cause'.

Comment

Champions league final is in Cardiff. Handy enough spin for Leicester fans.
                                                                                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Twaz a brutal day if BCB didn't produce in the last, he's in my top two Gingers of all time after that rabbit hat job xxx

Comment

Would anyone like a free samsung phone? It's a bit old but i thought i would ask.

Comment

Oh dear looks like trump has been paying taxes after all,more than a lot of the companies who own the failing media groups who are on his case.

Except for one important point that is: It turns out Trump didn't avoid income taxes for nearly two decades, after all.

The New York Times back in October obtained Trump's state tax return from 1995. Based on that return and the realities of how real estate developers can avoid income taxes due to devaluation of their properties, the newspaper and others deduced that Trump could have avoided paying any income taxes for up to 18 years afterward.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X