WSOP 2013 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
    dont think they'll get 200 like some suggestions ive read would say around 140-50
    I was thinking something like 120-150 but they setup a bunch of One Drop banners in an area that only has 5 tables (granted it has a viewing platform) so wondering if they think that's what it's gonna get or they'll just spread them into a different area as the field grows.
    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Can you pay on the day?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyCascarino View Post
        Can you pay on the day?
        No you can only register through the Boylepoker Client.

Give me a shout if you need a hand depositing.

Comment

120 according to Pokernews in the One Drop it's pretty much a who's who of top pros, anybody that sold for this event at a mark-up was really chancing their arm.

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
            No you can only register through the Boylepoker Client.

Give me a shout if you need a hand depositing.
            I deposited in euro and the exchange rate in the client has left me with $109,372 when I should have $111,111. Will you make up the $1739??
            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
              120 according to Pokernews in the One Drop it's pretty much a who's who of top pros, anybody that sold for this event at a mark-up was really chancing their arm.
              Mercier sold at 1.17 and Faraz Jaka at 1.07, only two I noticed off hand on Twitter. With just 3% rake/charity, can 1.07 be justified? Assuming the field is as tough as people are saying, any way Mercier can be value at 1.17?

Also, is Ivey playing every day? Haven't heard anything about him this Series
              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                Mercier sold at 1.17 and Faraz Jaka at 1.07, only two I noticed off hand on Twitter. With just 3% rake/charity, can 1.07 be justified? Assuming the field is as tough as people are saying, any way Mercier can be value at 1.17?

Ivey has made it deep in one of the 1500s, 14th I think and hasn't cashed in much else. For some reason I think he had bets on about number of cashes during the series so say he is playing everything.

Mercier is deep in the 3k now with about 17 left. Can you justify a mark up if you are going to late reg the event and come in a lot shallower?

Comment

pokernews has 146 now

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post

Just seen a couple retweets pop up over the last day or so about how there is so many people selling at face or little to no markup that buying anybody at higher would be crazy, might've been Max Silver retweeting them from Dan Fleyshman. As for Ivey he is here pretty much everyday as ghostface said went deep in one of the events.

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                    Ivey has made it deep in one of the 1500s, 14th I think and hasn't cashed in much else. For some reason I think he had bets on about number of cashes during the series so say he is playing everything.

Mercier is deep in the 3k now with about 17 left. Can you justify a mark up if you are going to late reg the event and come in a lot shallower?
                    It's a 300,000 starting stack with a pretty decent structure, 500 bigs deep but it's a pretty stacked field so it's probably more coming down to ego than anything else, such a big buyin which a pretty difficult field would they not be happy to just sell at face and play it?

Originally posted by Frossach View Post
                    pokernews has 146 now
                    It's been pretty busy so far

Comment

Just seen a couple retweets pop up over the last day or so about how there is so many people selling at face or little to no markup that buying anybody at higher would be crazy, might've been Max Silver retweeting them from Dan Fleyshman. As for Ivey he is here pretty much everyday as ghostface said went deep in one of the events.

It's a 300,000 starting stack with a pretty decent structure, 500 bigs deep but it's a pretty stacked field so it's probably more coming down to ego than anything else, such a big buyin which a pretty difficult field would they not be happy to just sell at face and play it?

It's been pretty busy so far

come on, I think we all know the answer to that question....
                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Just over chatting to John O'Shea in Event 46 3k Omaha, dealer says to him deadly serious "English only at the table"

Comment

Just over chatting to John O'Shea in Event 46 3k Omaha, dealer says to him deadly serious "English only at the table"
                          From Pokernews:

Oshea Speaks English
                          Posted 22 minutes ago MrCleverFox • Level 10 SHARE

We recently caught a small hand with John Oshea and Ashly Butler. Before the flop, Oshea raised to 2600. He was reraised by Butler from the small blind to 6,500. Oshea called.

The flop fell and Oshea checked to Butler who put out a bet of 7,200. Oshea called. The turn was the and Oshea checked to Butler again who moved all in for a little over 10,000. Oshea snap folded and it was a good fold as Butler showed for the nut low and wheel.

After the hand Oshea was talking to one of the PokerNews.com photograhpers. Apparently, because of Oshea's thick Irish accent, and that of our photographer, the dealer informed both men that only english was allowed at the table.

"I speak English!" was Oshea's reply.

Comment

similar to this

peter murphy and myself were playing cash game somewhere in vegas,we were at table for hours and 2 italian lads had been chattering away in italian for ages nothing said ...new dealer came in and italians continue chatting - bout 20 min in me and multi start talking about something or other and instantly dealer pipes up to us -english only at the table

we loled hard...

Comment

lol myself and popey also got a warning for not speaking english today in caesars

Comment

Me and you got a warning in a plo cash table Reilly - by a fat foreign spanish guy, as we were talking over the table

TBF - louth and cavan in full flow, can be tough at the best of times!

keep updates on john if possible (or any irish)
                                GAA News Website

Comment

Bunch of my photos up on the main page - http://www.pokerphotoarchive.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                    http://www.wsop.com/tournaments/chip...=968&tid=12844
                                    Hes second at moment 63 left 45 get paid.
                                    10/21 now, 8500 locked up. What time they playing til? FT I guess?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                      They are on the last level of the night.

Comment

Scottish Lad that plays all the UKIPTs Niall Farrell is HU in Event #44 with the Chip lead.

Comment

Scottish Lad that plays all the UKIPTs Niall Farrell is HU in Event #44 with the Chip lead.

on the live stream atm

EDIT: moorman is CL at FT of the ante up aswell not sure if FT is on now or back tomorrow
                                          Last edited by chips1234; 27-06-13, 08:57.

Comment

2/17 Now!

Comment

4/17 to end the day. Not bad!

Comment

didnt run well in all in situations HU to finish second

Comment

That the fella that was on here a year or two ago offering a week long Coaching Course in the UK somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                    That the fella that was on here a year or two ago offering a week long Coaching Course in the UK somewhere?
                                                    Cliffs on that?

Comment

Cliffs on that?

Comment

Seems like a good idea now
                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                          That would be Niall yes
                                                          "Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

Comment

Originally posted by reilly110 View Post
                                                            similar to this

peter murphy and myself were playing cash game somewhere in vegas,we were at table for hours and 2 italian lads had been chattering away in italian for ages nothing said ...new dealer came in and italians continue chatting - bout 20 min in me and multi start talking about something or other and instantly dealer pipes up to us -english only at the table

we loled hard...
                                                            I can only understand Multi after about a flagon of rum.

Myself and the Doc were out at a Shamrock Rovers game sweating a bet last year and ended up sitting in the middle of the home fans cheering along. Doc looks over at some thick looking fucker alongside him and sees him writing a text saying "two Cork lads beside me cheering on our lads lol".

Comment

Just briefly chatting with John there, down to 13 but he's slid down to 150,000ish I think he said.

Comment

O'Shea Dealing With the Russian Tag Team

Alexey Makarov, Andrey Zaichenko and Vladimir Shchemelev are three Russian poker giants, all seated at the same table here on Day 3 of Event #46. Sandwiched between the three of them is John O'Shea, who seems to be having a bit of trouble adapting to them.

In one hand, O'Shea opened to 25,000. In the next seat over Shchemelev potted it to 90,000. Action folded back around to O'Shea who let his hand go.

"Maybe that will teach you not to steal my big blind," Makarov said to O'Shea. "If you try to steal my big blind, my friend will raise you."

"I've to got deal with the Russian tag team here," O'Shea joked. "I look at him you punch me, I look at you and he punches me!"

O'Shea is down a bit from where he started, is still alive despite being the tasty meat inside a Russian sandwich.

lol

Comment

12 left not bad. will final table be 8 or 9?

is omaha hi lo 8 or better mean 8 low is the minimum requirement for a lo?
                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                    12 left not bad. will final table be 8 or 9?

is omaha hi lo 8 or better mean 8 low is the minimum requirement for a lo?
                                                                    Omaha Hi/Lo players can find plenty of action at PokerStars™. Play Omaha 8 or Better, also known as High Low Split, ring games and tournaments. Find out more.

Comment

Gone in 12th

John O'Shea Eliminated in 12th Place ($17,219)

Mel Judah eliminated John O'Shea with {a-Clubs}{k-Hearts}{8-Diamonds}{2-Hearts} on a board of {q-Diamonds}{j-Hearts}{7-Spades}{k-Clubs}{q-Spades}. O'Shea had held {a-}{2-}{j-}{5-}, so his jacks were no good against Judah's kings.
                                                                      Mel Judah GB 320,000 128,000
                                                                      John O'Shea Busted
                                                                      Last edited by EnzoScifo; 27-06-13, 23:53.

Comment

166 entrants in the One Drop not too shabby, was talking to Steve O'Dwyer yesterday for a few minutes and he mentioned you could easily sell for it for no probs.

Comment

166 entrants in the One Drop not too shabby, was talking to Steve O'Dwyer yesterday for a few minutes and he mentioned you could easily sell for it for no probs.
                                                                          Bill Perkins heads the final 4 of this. Esfandiari, Gregg and Klodnicki all guaranteed $1.5m with almost $5m up top. I think most of us will know Perkins from being a huge donator on High Stakes Poker. WP him, hope he beats Esfandiari HU. That would be fun!

Comment

Wow, Perkins is such a donkey. Guess that's NLH for you

Comment

Couple of funny stories from the $25k 6 max.

Tensions have been rising a bit here in the early goings of the $25,000 No-Limit Hold'em (Six Handed) event. Two spats have recently broken out, one involving Luke Vrabel and Erick Lindgren, and the other involving...

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                                                Couple of funny stories from the $25k 6 max.

http://www.pokernews.com/live-report...ost.219492.htm
                                                                                a not so funny story from this years WSOP apparently chino rheem sold himself for the one drop and then lost the $111k at baccarat. cant believe people are still giving this guy money to play tourneys

Comment

I suppose when he actually plays the tournaments hes a good investment, if they get the money off him afterwards. He won the $25k WPT a couple of weeks ago for over $1m. Complete scumbag though obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                                                    I suppose when he actually plays the tournaments hes a good investment, if they get the money off him afterwards. He won the $25k WPT a couple of weeks ago for over $1m. Complete scumbag though obviously.
                                                                                    in the 2+2 thread they are saying that guy laliberte staked him for the one drop and possibly other stuff, obv its pennies to guy but he really has to know what a scumbag chino is so to keep staking him was just mental

Comment

Post 39144202 -Poker discussion forum with over 500,000 members and 100 different poker forums. Learn poker strategy & sharpen your poker skills for tournament poker, texas hold 'em, five card draw, omaha hi lo, seven card stud and more plus talk poker TV, and dozens of other topics.

thats lukes (badbeatslayers) events of what happened with him and lindgren and he got into it with negreanu aswell lol

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                        Bill Perkins heads the final 4 of this. Esfandiari, Gregg and Klodnicki all guaranteed $1.5m with almost $5m up top. I think most of us will know Perkins from being a huge donator on High Stakes Poker. WP him, hope he beats Esfandiari HU. That would be fun!
                                                                                        Turns out one of the photographers use to work with him back in the day before she left that business but her two brothers are still traders and know him quite well, small world and all that.

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                                                        http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...postcount=1975

thats lukes (badbeatslayers) events of what happened with him and lindgren and he got into it with negreanu aswell lol
                                                                                        From what I seen/heard that's pretty much spot on, he did seem pretty pissed at Lindgren.

Comment

blatant elaboration of the obvious I know, but how sick (in the good sense) is Doyle Brunson?

Just saw his tweet about taking a day off in order to be rested for the 50k tourney. The guy is 80 in August and still playing at the top level of the game. How anyone can play a game like poker at the top level at 80 and maintain a decent level of competitiveness is just unreal
                                                                                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Lovely to see Barny Boatman win a bracelet and $546,080 in event #49.
                                                                                            Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

$50k Players Championship kicks off today should be a good one, as pointed out above would be nice to see Doyle Brunson playing I don't think he's played any events so far, if he has I haven't seen him.

Comment

BigMickG first tournament in & first cash under his belt, bubble just burst in Event 53 $1,500.

Comment

BigMickG first tournament in & first cash under his belt, bubble just burst in Event 53 $1,500.
                                                                                                  Any other Irish in there?

I have only been checking when someone I know goes deep, but how are numbers overall stacking up against the last few years?

Comment

Any other Irish in there?

I have only been checking when someone I know goes deep, but how are numbers overall stacking up against the last few years?
                                                                                                    Think he is the only one in that event and it got 2816 players, as for overall I'm not 100% to be honest haven't heard people talking about it but I will ask a couple folks to see if I can get any info.

Most of the Irish playing the $1k today, bumped into Tom/Fergal/Jason/Daragh Davey also was chatting to Fionn Sherry last night he said he might take a shot at today's game, according to Pokernews it has 2,800 runners today so far.

Edit:

Just asked Nolan Dalla how the numbers are shaping up and he said compared to last year they're up 10% currently but with the rest of the schedule to play out it could dip a little, but imo to match or even make a small increase would be pretty good.
                                                                                                    Last edited by tylerdurden94; 30-06-13, 22:12.

Comment

Think Fergal Nealon is the only Irish coming back today and in the money for Event 54, has the chipleader/Jesse Sylvia/bracelet winner this series on his table I've no doubt he is going to absolutely relish the chance.

Chatting to him yesterday after the dinner break and he was super pumped for it, while everybody else went off to gorge on food in the Rio he went to the spa to relax and clear his head, everybody comes back all tired and stuffed after their feed while he is fresh as a daisy gotta love the man's poker work ethic!

Gave the Pokernews guys a heads up fingers crossed they're able to capture some of his action, follow the updates HERE
                                                                                                      Last edited by tylerdurden94; 01-07-13, 19:52.

Comment

Fergal gonna Fergal nice hand HERE

Comment

Think Fergal Nealon is the only Irish coming back today and in the money for Event 54, has the chipleader/Jesse Sylvia/bracelet winner this series on his table I've no doubt he is going to absolutely relish the chance.

Chatting to him yesterday after the dinner break and he was super pumped for it, while everybody else went off to gorge on food in the Rio he went to the spa to relax and clear his head, everybody comes back all tired and stuffed after their feed while he is fresh as a daisy gotta love the man's poker work ethic!

Gave the Pokernews guys a heads up fingers crossed they're able to capture some of his action, follow the updates HERE

They did listen, Flips over AQ like a boss, gl midnitekowby!!

Comment

Fergal up to 4th in chips with 160k, no report on the hand yet.

Comment

Comment

This is some stroke!

Rio daily deep stack first place agrees to six man chop and then keeps first place share

Originally posted by Charlotte FatMan
                                                                                                                Not an urban legend. My friend placed 12th in the tourney, got paid and then hung around to follow the end. Said it ended with chaos. They all agreed to the chop, then each player was assigned a place and then went to the window to get the cash. They were supposed to bring the cash back and do the chop, but the guy who signed for 1st place didn't come back. Not only that, but a few players wondered why he had security with him when he went to the window.

They found out quickly why. Not only did he get the cash, he asked for a security escort out of the building. And by rights, he was afforded one because the chop wasn't sanctioned by the Rio or the WSOP. He didn't steal from the casino, he stole from the players.

Now, I just got back from Vegas and heard various parts of the story while I was there, but at least two dealers said they were dealing that tournament and it went down exactly as I had heard. A couple other people told versions that said security stopped him, but they didn't, they aided him - at least his exit.

Comment

Mother of all angleshoots there

Comment

When I got over the initial anger I'd be impressed
                                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Heard a few people talking about it but haven't heard too much since about it.

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                      When I got over the initial anger I'd be impressed
                                                                                                                      Yeah of course you would because a couple extra thousands $$$$$ is nothing to you Mr eamonhonda Ivey.

Comment

Considering certain countries tax poker winnings, could it be -ev to chop if you were taxed on a sum greater than you actually won? ie. Taxed on 100k when in fact a deal was done behind closed doors or w/e and in reality you only walked away with 60k.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X