WSOP 2013 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
    In that a lot of people paid cash money to have some of his action in this event which is at the very least going to yield a big return if not a massive return. And now they are being told they have zip.

Put it this way if you paid for 5% of his action and he goes in to ship it for 8 mill, how would you feel about not seeing any of the 400k you would be due
    obviously id be annoyed. just didnt understand exactly the story!

Comment

Bit of a popcorn story coming out of the main event, Vladamir Geshkenbein aka @pkr_beyn, EPT Snowfest winner ect sold an 80k WSOP package on Poker strategy and busted the whole roll before the ME and is down to the last 60 odd now on a separate stake. It's gearing up to kick off.

Money is huge from here on in
      He busted 62nd for $123k

Comment

Thread in NVG now and that site is google translated aswell. Worth a read.

Interesting comments from him like 'I have 1m in cashes but how much of that is left over after buyins and expenses'

Comment

Thread in NVG now and that site is google translated aswell. Worth a read.

Interesting comments from him like 'I have 1m in cashes but how much of that is left over after buyins and expenses'
          ah, the "but how much did you lose argument."
          Original spin on it.
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Dude who busted last years final table on a bluff is looking for redemption and he's making a serious charge, he just busted a man in 26th to get to average

Comment

There's still a few big names in the last 27, good to see

Comment

Originally posted by 8611 View Post
                There's still a few big names in the last 27, good to see
                Ya I'd like to see Mortenson or Raptor ship it

Comment

Hoping for no big names on the final table, in case I get overtaken in the Boylepoker Predictor comp. I wont iPad. Would sort out my son's Christmas present nice and early.

Comment

Slightly off topic, but it's hard to believe there is anyone in the world with a bigger ego than Phil Hellmuth. Saw this interview on pokernews, cringeworthy stuff.

Kristy Arnett speaks to Phil Hellmuth about the remaining field in the 2013 WSOP Main Event and his upcoming birthday.

Comment

Would be pretty boss if Carlos Mortensen was to make the final table, being the last "pro" to win the event before the big Moneymaker effect so to then final table it bit over 10 years later with all these thousand's of players.
                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by NiceandcoolTrig View Post
                        Slightly off topic, but it's hard to believe there is anyone in the world with a bigger ego than Phil Hellmuth. Saw this interview on pokernews, cringeworthy stuff.

http://www.pokernews.com/news/2013/0...ions-15944.htm
                        The more interviews I see with Hellmuth the more I like him. Said absolutely nothing bad in this interview.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                          The more interviews I see with Hellmuth the more I like him. Said absolutely nothing bad in this interview.
                          Different strokes I suppose.

I just didn't find it necessary for him to go on about how he tips the Aria staff 'huge' and how they love him.

Even when he's talking about Mortensen, he finds a way mention how he made final table in '01 aswell and how they went back and forth about who"s a better tournament player.

What really got me though was he went on about saluting the players. The way he was describing it, I'm presuming he actually goes table to table to congratulate them/gets a microphone and congratulates them all at once. Fair enough if he bumped into some of them away from the tables obviously but just the notion of him interrupting proceedings to offer his congrats really made me cringe, I couldn't imagine any other pro doing it and would cringe equally if they did.

Comment

All comes with the territory of being the GOAT, I suppose!

Timoshenko bust in 22nd. Was a decent chipleader at one stage yesterday, but seemed to just get whittled away.

Comment

Originally posted by NiceandcoolTrig View Post

http://www.pokernews.com/news/2013/0...ions-15944.htm
                              whats cringing about this think its a very good honest interview my god what does this man got to say for people to like him . think your away with the fairies niceandcooltrig or just jealous of him
                              Last edited by corkie123; 16-07-13, 02:09.

Comment

On the November 9 bubble with some big names still left in

Comment

Benefield has had several deep ME runs iirc. Didn't think he was playing too much anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                    Would be pretty boss if Carlos Mortensen was to make the final table, being the last "pro" to win the event before the big Moneymaker effect so to then final table it bit over 10 years later with all these thousand's of players.
                                    November 9 bubble boy

Comment

JC Tran seems like a decent guy. Should be a good final tables. Shame Raptor is the shortstack

Comment

JC Tran seems like a decent guy. Should be a good final tables. Shame Raptor is the shortstack
                                        Played with JC most of day 3, and Carlos most of day 4. Carlos played very well and was super tough, JC's play was a bit weird and not very good in alot of spots IMO. Funnily enough both were down to sub 10bbs when i was playing with them and both made massive come backs by the end of the days, shows how easy it is to come back in that tournament given how much room to manover you have with the slow structure.
                                        They will be like WTF how does he always have the top of his range, and they will be saying that when you show up with like nine's - Jimmy Fricke
                                        Nine's are the top of my range - Shaun Deeb

Comment

Originally posted by Daragh999 View Post
                                          Played with JC most of day 3, and Carlos most of day 4. Carlos played very well and was super tough, JC's play was a bit weird and not very good in alot of spots IMO. Funnily enough both were down to sub 10bbs when i was playing with them and both made massive come backs by the end of the days, shows how easy it is to come back in that tournament given how much room to manover you have with the slow structure.
                                          Was thinking that about the final hand. Surely flatting a raise with 12-13bb oop with 78o is bad, even if it is a minraise? Also the flop float with the gutter.
                                          Last edited by Guest; 16-07-13, 10:33.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                            Was thinking that about the final hand. Surely flatting a raise with 12-13bb oop with 78o is bad, even if it is a minraise? Also the flop float with the gutter.
                                            Its absolutely awful IMO no matter what justification is given pre and on the flop, if hes going to call pre he has such an easy check/jam over the Cbet on the flop with a gutter as well, having said that though Carlos should be shoving pre clearly as well with that stack, there both old school guys with there own thoughts on shortstacked play........ i guess it works for them
                                            They will be like WTF how does he always have the top of his range, and they will be saying that when you show up with like nine's - Jimmy Fricke
                                            Nine's are the top of my range - Shaun Deeb

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                              JC had 32 million when he called.

I see now that you are probably referring to Mortenson's stack.
                                              Last edited by carlinrose; 16-07-13, 11:01. Reason: Thought of something to add.

Comment

Originally posted by carlinrose View Post
                                                JC had 32 million when he called.
                                                Effective I meant.

Comment

WSOP thread almost put to bed til November. Congrats to all IPBers that cashes. Some great efforts by a lot of guys on here.

Some of the WSOP related threads i'm still checking out are the one HF mentioned below

Bit of a popcorn story coming out of the main event, Vladamir Geshkenbein aka @pkr_beyn, EPT Snowfest winner ect sold an 80k WSOP package on Poker strategy and busted the whole roll before the ME and is down to the last 60 odd now on a separate stake. It's gearing up to kick off.

Money is huge from here on in

A few years before, Geshkenbein outs himself as a cheat when trying to hit the SnG Jackpot

okay well it's 1/9 for an average player to win a full ring game so (1/9)^6 even if you're 1/7 to win it's still so small it's almost impossible.

The Doc Sands one is still hanging waiting on a reply from him relating to his incident. 414 posts long ATM but the OP basically explains the jist of it

You might remember Doc from last year when him and the missus ended side by side when down to the last 3/4 tables

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                    WSOP thread almost put to bed til November. Congrats to all IPBers that cashes. Some great efforts by a lot of guys on here.

You might remember Doc from last year when him and the missus ended side by side when down to the last 3/4 tables

and he came second in the PCA Super High Roller this year!

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

The Doc Sands one is still hanging waiting on a reply from him relating to his incident.
                                                      Doubt he'll comment, no real defence available. Say nothing and hope it fades away is the gameplan I would imagine.

Comment

2 weeks until ESPN broadcast the WSOP Main Event

New episodes of the 2013 World Series of Poker beginning with the WSOP APAC will begin airing on ESPN this Tuesday, July 23.

Comment

on the doc sands things, I don't think he did anything particularly shady personally? (I read the OP a week or so ago so not sure if there've any updates since then)
                                                          Last edited by Jam-Fly; 23-07-13, 22:22.
                                                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Audio isn't great, but WSOP starting to find it's way onto Youtube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

Comment

I enjoyed the 2nd half of the above FT as much as any i've watched in the last couple of years. Here's a better link for it all btw

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Loved negreanus money jumps speech play

anyone got opinions on this hand

SPOILER
                                                                spindler with the set of tens should he raise the flop or turn?

would be so much better with good commentators

Comment

Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
                                                                  Loved negreanus money jumps speech play

anyone got opinions on this hand

SPOILER
                                                                  spindler with the set of tens should he raise the flop or turn?

would be so much better with good commentators
                                                                  Think his line is fine, the Aussie's gii-range after donk-lead flop is gonna have a tonne of equity vs him so probably felt pot-control be better. Even more-so on turn imo. Kinda surprised he didn't call river for that price given how polarising the line is but it might have something to do with the hand the Aussie played with KJ vs Negreanu's AQ on JJ6Q6
                                                                  "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Working...
                                                                  X