Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A huge new leak reveals how the wealthy and powerful, including the Queen's private estate, invest offshore.

new leaks. Called the Paradise Papers
    The world’s biggest businesses, heads of state and global figures in politics, entertainment and sport who have sheltered their wealth in secretive tax havens are being revealed this week in a major new investigation into Britain’s offshore empires.

The details come from a leak of 13.4m files that expose the global environments in which tax abuses can thrive – and the complex and seemingly artificial ways the wealthiest corporations can legally protect their wealth.
    again, I expect the world to collectively shrug
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

another mass shooting in the US
      24 dead as man shoots up church

gunman now dead...
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
        another mass shooting in the US
        24 dead as man shoots up church

gunman now dead...
        yee-haw. Call me cynical but it can only be hours before some apologist for the NRA suggests that "if we armed the priests with semi-automatics, then this wouldn't have happened".

The yanks insistence on the right of every fucking headbanger to own military grade hardware will inevitably continue to lead to shit like this.

Compare to what an actual civilised country, Australia, did in the aftermath of their own mass gun murder.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
          The speed of destruction of Kevin Spacey has definite echos of how quickly you'd expect the life of Frank Underwood to collapse.

He was so convincing in that show that you'd read some of the stories and think 'yep, that sounds like something Kev would do'.
          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

In other news...
            In the last 48 hours - Lebanese PM flees to Saudi, ballistic missile ‘shot down’ near Riyadh, Saudi princes arrested, more princes in air crash.
            Something going on methinks

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              yee-haw. Call me cynical but it can only be hours before some apologist for the NRA suggests that "if we armed the priests with semi-automatics, then this wouldn't have happened".

The yanks insistence on the right of every fucking headbanger to own military grade hardware will inevitably continue to lead to shit like this.

Compare to what an actual civilised country, Australia, did in the aftermath of their own mass gun murder.
              Are you suggesting Australia's response might be more effective that saying "Our thought and prayers are with the people of insert name of latest mass shooting location here right now"?
              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                Looking like pens in cup final if anyone interested
                Mucky pitch ?

Comment

Want. Want bad.

Incredible value, reviews are top notch too.
                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                    Are you suggesting Australia's response might be more effective that saying "Our thought and prayers are with the people of insert name of latest mass shooting location here right now"?
                    You forgot "now is not the time for partisan political posturing" or some such other mealy-mouthed bullshit

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                      Want. Want bad.

that product name reminds me of several people I know

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Want. Want bad.

I bet you'll find yourself in hot water if you spend that kind of money on that yoke

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                            I bet you'll find yourself in hot water if you spend that kind of money on that yoke
                            Could get steamy alright.

Trying hard for the last week to convince the missus that this is THE most important thing we need to purchase right now.

I'm at the 'will ye fuck off' stage at the mo.

Working on it though.
                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                              Mucky pitch ?
                              Not sure if I missed a pun here but didn't look like it. I only watched on tv. Decent first half of football.

Comment

Sluglife going well in the WSOPE Main Event

Comment

Want. Want bad.

was gonna say cleaning that would be a fucking horror show but
                                  from the site:
                                  Local authority civic amenity facilities also take back WEEE and waste batteries free of charge
                                  happy days so

Comment

Let's not get carried away here. Australians, civilised? That may be a step too far [emoji16]

Comment

I'd imagine Uma was way too advanced in her career around Kill Bill for this to have been an issue then. Say it was well before that if she's talking about something happening to her.
                                      Kill Bill?
                                      Are you forgetting her break-out role a decade earlier?
                                      SPOILER

SPOILER
                                      In a funny coincidence, the above was produced by Harvey Weinstein -
                                      and others obvs

Comment

I'd imagine Uma was way too advanced in her career around Kill Bill for this to have been an issue then. Say it was well before that if she's talking about something happening to her.
                                        Of all the revelations I was mostly shocked that Weinstein was only in his mid 60's. Thought he would be pushing 80. And Michael Colgan being hetrosexual, never would have thought that..
                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

shooter named. and looks exactly how you'd imagine.

Comment

clockwork from the Texas AG

Comment

anyone have or know of anyone renting a place, full rent or to share

anyone has anything please pm

cheers lads

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                  Trump being all rapey is the subject, keep up m8.
                                                  Wrong. The subject was Meryl Creep.
                                                  "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                  "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                    Trump saying how lucky it was that one of the congregation had a gun on him and was able to fire back at the shooter or else this could have been a whole lot worse.
                                                    There's a script for these incidents and everyone is delivering their lines bang on cue.

Bottom line: Americans are comfortable with the trade-off between the Second Amendment and (wholly preventable) gun deaths. We shouldn't argue our own viewpoint onto them but equally we shouldn't bother sympathising any more when these massacres happen.

Comment

I haven't offered my thoughts and prayers. That's the way we show them.

Comment

There's a script for these incidents and everyone is delivering their lines bang on cue.

Bottom line: Americans are comfortable with the trade-off between the Second Amendment and (wholly preventable) gun deaths. We shouldn't argue our own viewpoint onto them but equally we shouldn't bother sympathising any more when these massacres happen.
                                                        While I would obviously agree with the yanks ditching the guns, how would it work in practice, depend of every wackjob to turn in their arsenal or raid every house in country to confiscate. Australia at the time had citizens who wanted to change their gun laws, America doesn't have that to same degree
                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Agree on the not sympathising anymore, beyond a fucking joke at this point and they refuse to change. Can't help feel sorry for the few sane people over there though.

In lighter news, where would I get a full list of Dublin pubs, as up to date as possible?
                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                            While I would obviously agree with the yanks ditching the guns, how would it work in practice, depend of every wackjob to turn in their arsenal or raid every house in country to confiscate. Australia at the time had citizens who wanted to change their gun laws, America doesn't have that to same degree
                                                            It'd be pretty much impossible to do now over there. Controlling future sales better is the best they can do, and that would be mostly irrelevant for years given how many guns there are there now. Horse has bolted on that one. If they tried to get Billy Bob Jim Bob's guns from him, he'd kill to stop it.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                              It'd be pretty much impossible to do now over there. Controlling future sales better is the best they can do, and that would be mostly irrelevant for years given how many guns there are there now. Horse has bolted on that one. If they tried to get Billy Bob Jim Bob's guns from him, he'd kill to stop it.
                                                              Yeah it's much too late. Although some change in legislation to at least pretend they care about losing ridiculous number of their citizens to guns would be an idea.
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Agree on the not sympathising anymore, beyond a fucking joke at this point and they refuse to change. Can't help feel sorry for the few sane people over there though.

In lighter news, where would I get a full list of Dublin pubs, as up to date as possible?
                                                                publin.ie?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                  publin.ie?
                                                                  Nah pub crawl routes and buzzfeed lists is all I see.

Jar.ie has a decent map of them

Actually they have list format too I'm good
                                                                  Last edited by eamonhonda; 06-11-17, 10:20.
                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Poker Training Sites - which ones still exist?
                                                                    Train with the best at the world's leading poker strategy community.

Basic for free, I used it when it first came out, essential was 10$ a month at the time. I couldn't be sure exactly what free access gives you but a couple of years ago there was some interesting stuff.

Poker strategies and courses, brought to you by the world's best poker players, that will take your own poker skills to the next level.

Doug Polk has this site.

I know some pros on twitch review interesting hands from their session, I don't follow any myself but perhaps Flushdraw might know a few.

I think Twitch has kind of taken over the poker training type sites to a point. I'm sure loads still exist but level of activity I couldn't be sure.

Comment

Burial - Untrue out 10 years!

Ten years since its release, we unpack the creative process behind one of electronic music's most mysterious classics.Visit the RA feature page: https://www....
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                        anyone have or know of anyone renting a place, full rent or to share

anyone has anything please pm

cheers lads
                                                                        Come to Malta

Poker Training Sites - which ones still exist?
                                                                        Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                        https://www.runitonce.com/register/plans-and-pricing/

Basic for free, I used it when it first came out, essential was 10$ a month at the time. I couldn't be sure exactly what free access gives you but a couple of years ago there was some interesting stuff.

Poker strategies and courses, brought to you by the world's best poker players, that will take your own poker skills to the next level.

Doug Polk has this site.

I know some pros on twitch review interesting hands from their session, I don't follow any myself but perhaps Flushdraw might know a few.

I think Twitch has kind of taken over the poker training type sites to a point. I'm sure loads still exist but level of activity I couldn't be sure.
                                                                        Yeah as Brady says, the 2 sites above from Galfond and Doug Polk are good. Plenty of PLO content on Runitonce and Polk has Jnandez plus others for his PLO content. Runitonce adds a lot of content daily too. The majority of Upswing is aimed at beginner/newer players rather than advanced technique but not sure if that has changed recently. Decusescracked is still on the go too if you want something reliable. Bar tournamentpokeredge which is spouted around on Twitch ads, then not sure who else are market leaders.

Comment

Burial - Untrue out 10 years!
                                                                          Such a great album, tweet from Zomby earlier this year summed it up:

"Nobody sounds like burial and nobody sounds like Aphex twin

And that's my friends is the gospel"

Wish he'd release another album instead of dripfeeding us singles

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                            Such a great album, tweet from Zomby earlier this year summed it up:

"Nobody sounds like burial and nobody sounds like Aphex twin

And that's my friends is the gospel"

Wish he'd release another album instead of dripfeeding us singles
                                                                            Singles have been nowhere near same quality anyway but one can hope for another album. Burial in headphones on a dark night always seems perfect
                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Singles have been nowhere near same quality anyway but one can hope for another album. Burial in headphones on a dark night always seems perfect

The Truant and Rival Dealer EPs were incredible

Also,

SPOILER

Comment

Haha!

Rival dealer was class and the video to go with it. More recently thought his stuff was poor. Need to listen to The Truant not familiar.

Also Floating Points back on the club tracks.all 18 mins.
                                                                                Full 19 minute mix of ‘Ratio’. Buy the deconstructed mix on vinyl here: https://www.floatingpoints.co.uk/releases/10Follow Floating Points: http://facebook.c...
                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Also Floating Points back on the club tracks.all 18 mins.
                                                                                  He's one of the best djs i've ever seen (and i've seen a lot)

Comment

He's one of the best djs i've ever seen (and i've seen a lot)
                                                                                    Easily. Hunee, Antal, Daphni only ones close in my opinion. Lucky to see Hunee Antal and Floating Points to play together for 6 hours one Dekmantel
                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Easily. Hunee, Antal, Daphni only ones close in my opinion. Lucky to see Hunee Antal and Floating Points to play together for 6 hours one Dekmantel

I keep missing Hunee, despite the fact he seems to be here every 3 months

Comment

Yer literally making names up as part of a challenge, yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                          Dravel Tunper is my favourite at the moment. His album Watermark Skidrow has to be experienced, not heard.

Comment

Felt pretty old reading that Untrue was 10 years old.

Comment

Have to be on drugs to listen to a lot of that but the metal gear solid one is cool.

Amazon are getting pretty bad, I was gonna add some soup to an order but you can only buy it if you are a prime member now lmao.
                                                                                              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 06-11-17, 15:19.

Comment

I'm sure it's been covered but why is prime not really worth it and available in Ireland?

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                  I'm sure it's been covered but why is prime not really worth it and available in Ireland?
                                                                                                  Tax purposes as far as I can tell.
                                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I keep missing Hunee, despite the fact he seems to be here every 3 months
                                                                                                    Yeah he's here a bit. Saw him the other week with Antal, saw him close Sonar with Daphni and metropolis afters last year. Still can't get enough of him though
                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                      Dravel Tunper is my favourite at the moment. His album Watermark Skidrow has to be experienced, not heard.
                                                                                                      Colostomy have a new Album out. Not really my bag man.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                        Haha! Have a listen you'd never know you might find something ya like
                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

RTE 2fm have 238k followers on twitter yet their posts get hardly any likes. The follower accounts have thousands of accounts that have never posted and a disproportionate number of non Irish sounding names. Bot central. Pretty much verging on fraud if it turns out they engineered this and then charge advertisers higher rates based on it. Source: RTE secret producer.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                                                            RTE 2fm have 238k followers on twitter yet their posts get hardly any likes. The follower accounts have thousands of accounts that have never posted and a disproportionate number of non Irish sounding names. Bot central. Pretty much verging on fraud if it turns out they engineered this and then charge advertisers higher rates based on it. Source: RTE secret producer.
                                                                                                            They charge advertiser's based on Twitter followers? I'd imagine an awful lot of companies have bought followers and ran bots to boost profiles. Like everything else the secret producer has released its no surprise
                                                                                                            Last edited by eamonhonda; 06-11-17, 16:09.
                                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

RDIII is a fanboi but DP is more likely to have a link to the inside story on why Rand Paul's neighbour, a retired doctor, beat the crap out of the not half as clever as he likes to thinks he is Libertarian?

Neighbor Rene Boucher charged after senator injured at Kentucky home as Mitch McConnell says absence from Senate is ‘potentially a challenge’
                                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

RDIII is a fanboi but DP is more likely to have a link to the inside story on why Rand Paul's neighbour, a retired doctor, beat the crap out of the not half as clever as he likes to thinks he is Libertarian?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...en-ribs-attack
                                                                                                                He was a victim of the Antifa revolution obviously

Comment

Pray for Lazare

It has also emerged that an interview panel at a second school run by the Catholic education trust Ceist allegedly downgraded the scores of the most eligible

Catholic nun blocks unmarried mother’s promotion to deputy principal

A catholic nun intervened to block the leading candidate from securing the deputy principal position at a school, because the candidate had a baby outside of marriage.

It has also emerged that an interview panel at a second school run by the Catholic education trust Ceist allegedly downgraded the scores of the most eligible candidate because he was a Protestant.

As a result, the male teacher was pushed down the ranks from first place to third position and failed to get the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
                                                                                                                    The biggest hypocrite of them all, pictured on the left.

WP sir, you found a photo where he was obviously masturbating just prior to it being taken, the spunk stain on his jumper to prove it.

Comment

St Hughes -5

Comment

I love this comment considering who is the huge odds on favourite!

A statement from joint chairmen David Sullivan and David Gold

"We see this as an exciting opportunity to appoint a quality manager to the position to inject fresh ideas, organisation and enthusiasm into a very talented squad," they said.

Comment

St Hughes -5

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X