Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
    Communist leaders surely.
    Stalin wouldn't be far behind Mao with the body count. That alone probably tops the US. I've no idea where the US clean sweep is suppose to be coming form

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
      Stalin wouldn't be far behind Mao with the body count. That alone probably tops the US. I've no idea where the US clean sweep is suppose to be coming form
      Said the major of Hiroshima

Comment

That looks perfect Noel cheers.
        Pork Belly, soft shell crab, beef carpaccio...I'm half to save that for when Im there. I might need a back up
        Would be worth checking the various deals sites for fade street, they seem to be constantly up there

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
          Is he miffed after dying there in ww?
          Yeah you're spot on. I'm actually that childish. Or maybe I go told today I have to cover a guy in work that has a wedding on Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
            I watched Snowden earlier. I wasn't impressed. I thought on a whole it was quite boring.
            I understand it's probably a relatively hard story to make exciting but it was all a little meh
            Check out Citizenfour the documentary on him.
            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
              markey bar, port house or fade st I would say
              Salamanca or the cuban spot on georges st would be others, 777 for mexican tapas is also good.

Zaragosa seems to be quite a popular ladies who lunch haunt.
              Havana is Cuban spot. Salamanca gone to shite last time I was in which is probably over a year ago
              airport, lol

Comment

Been a while but always rated Havana for Tapas.

Comment

I know you know your way around well enough, but let me know if you need any recomendations on the latest and greatest.
                  Food
                  Wine
                  Whiskey
                  Gin
                  Umbrellas
                  etc
                  Was thinking if you have the BBQ on for about 7 each night, that would be ideal. Hunter Valley Semillon and Margaret River reds please. All.meat is good.
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                    I would have thought American presidents were responsible for the most deaths over the last ~70 years by a long stretch. Might not count with a lot of them being brownish idk.
                    Mere amateurs compared to Mao.

Pol Pot? Idi Amin? Various Congolese warlords? Tutsi leaders of the Rwandan interhamwe?

Putin killed tens of thousands in Chechnya alone.

Angola? Mozambique?

I could go on

Comment

Jesus Christ!

Fine in the post for not having a fucking dog licence. No idea how we even got caught for this, fuckers.

Assume the play is just to ignore it?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        Jesus Christ!

Fine in the post for not having a fucking dog licence. No idea how we even got caught for this, fuckers.

eat the dog. no evidence and decent stew. win win!

Comment

@shrap

Where would one get a suitable sausage for making cassoulet in Ireland?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                              @shrap

Where would one get a suitable sausage for making cassoulet in Ireland?
                              wow tough one and most likely out of date! fallon and byrne used to do some nice toulouse sausages, and after that i'd just go to dunnes of donnybrook, who had some lovely sausages (and a decent choice).

Comment

Jesus Christ!

Cheaper licence if the dog is black and white.

Postie not bitten ? not a proper dog.

Comment

Bale going to miss the Ireland game, will make things a bit more interesting at least*.

*If we beat moldova
                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Comment

Graduating on to Pogs and Slammers in no time.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                          course going well brady?

SPOILER
                                          was speaking yesterday to the prof who was teaching you today and he was saying he's not sure he can go on much longer talking convincingly about finance theory as if it makes any sense. Corp fin has such nonsense theories.
                                          He's quite the character, I'm one of the only ones he gets to laugh given it's probably 70% Asian and 90% international. Allegedly extra points if you contact him via Twitter assumed you guys were friendly then.

Yeah it's fine. Group project worth 30% and pretty shocked when he said "open book" exam worth 70% and 25% of the class failed last year.

What book was asked?? His response "Doesn't matter they're all the same unless you want to buy mine"

I decided to take the econometrics module which was optional so my split is 7 and 5. I figured extra time after Xmas for the dissertation.

Credit risk is a bit mundane and seems like an undergrad management module but the rest is pretty good.

Comment

Jesus Christ!

Have my dog 15 yrs, sleeps in shed. Never had a letter for a license.

I'd say you have a posh high pitched little barker and some cunt watching you prance in and out with your fancy umbrella and suit ratted you out
                                            Her sky-ness
                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                Bale going to miss the Ireland game, will make things a bit more interesting at least*.

*If we beat moldova
                                                We don't actually need to beat Moldova. A draw is the same as a win pretty much, as long as Moldova don't beat Austria and get off the bottom of the group. Beating Wales is a must though, no matter what. We can't afford to lose to Moldova though.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                  Have my dog 15 yrs, sleeps in shed. Never had a letter for a license.

I'd say you have a posh high pitched little barker and some cunt watching you prance in and out with your fancy umbrella and suit ratted you out
                                                  reckon it was the postman, the fuck

no Christmas bonus for him this year

€100 fine too, whereas a licence costs €20. Mrs Duke is used to dealing with the law, she can tough this one out.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                    I’m in anyway
                                                    Inski too, anyone else going?

8.30pm upstairs in Sheehans is the plan...

Comment

€100 fine too, whereas a licence costs €20. Mrs Duke is used to dealing with the law, she can tough this one out.
                                                      Just open gate / door to postman and let dog rip him Up
                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

You had a good run though.

Comment

Think that King of Spain really should have kept his cake hole shut

Spain's King Felipe VI said the Catalan independence vote "undermined harmony" and the rule of law.In a TV address to the nation he criticised the organisers...
                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                              We don't actually need to beat Moldova. A draw is the same as a win pretty much, as long as Moldova don't beat Austria and get off the bottom of the group. Beating Wales is a must though, no matter what. We can't afford to lose to Moldova though.
                                                              We absolutely have to beat Moldova. If we draw with Moldova and Wales beat Georgia, we will be on 14 points and they will be on 17. Our goal difference will be plus 3 whereas their goal difference will be a minimum of plus 8. That means we would have to beat Wales by 6 goals as if points are level, it goes to goal difference next to determine ranking in the group.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                We absolutely have to beat Moldova. If we draw with Moldova and Wales beat Georgia, we will be on 14 points and they will be on 17. Our goal difference will be plus 3 whereas their goal difference will be a minimum of plus 8. That means we would have to beat Wales by 6 goals as if points are level, it goes to goal difference next to determine ranking in the group.
                                                                Is it not head to head results to separate teams or did they go back to goal difference first?

We'd only need to beat them by 3 if there was 5gd in it. Piece of piss.

Comment

Is it not head to head results to separate teams or did they go back to goal difference first?

We'd only need to beat them by 3 if there was 5gd in it. Piece of piss.
                                                                  Sorry, 3 goals would do it, not 6 (provided Wales only beat Georgia by one goal) but it does go to GD before head to head.

Oman and Gibraltar are the only two teams I can think of that we have beaten by 3 goals or more in the last few years?

Comment

In other totally unrelated news, that first shit after being constipated is equal measure of excruciating pain and complete and utter relief...

Comment

Really enjoying I’m dying up here.
                                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Looking to buy a really nice PC or Laptop, no proper budget on it tbh but we'll say 2k. Any good recommendations?
                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Chromebook
                                                                          "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                          "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                            Looking to buy a really nice PC or Laptop, no proper budget on it tbh but we'll say 2k. Any good recommendations?
                                                                            Saveonlaptops.co.uk if you're going the gaming route, you'll get a desktop replacement but if you're moving them around a lot they become a pain after a while. Heavy including the charger in a lot of cases.

Dell XPS is nice. I bought a Surface Pro yesterday i5 8gb of ram and 256 ssd. It's very quick and runs any program I'll need.
                                                                            Surfacebook also gets great reviews and looks really nice.

Comment

On a related note, where apart from argos would I pick up a laptop around Stephens green/baggot st?

Just realising now a laptop full of shopkin stickers may not set the best impression
                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

+1 for surface pros.
                                                                                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

On a related note, where apart from argos would I pick up a laptop around Stephens green/baggot st?

Just realising now a laptop full of shopkin stickers may not set the best impression
                                                                                  There's a laptop shop on top floor of Stephens green shopping centre, couldn't tell you if it's any use though. Can't picture of anywhere else around that area
                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Compub at the bottom of Grafton st if you wanted a MacBook.

Comment

Surface Book or Pro4 are the nuts.
                                                                                      Different hardware specs dependant on
                                                                                      what you intend to use it for will dictate price.
                                                                                      You'll get a starting price of circa €800.
                                                                                      I'd recommend at least an i5 processor
                                                                                      with 8gb of RAM & 256gb of SSD storage.
                                                                                      The book comes with detachable 13 inch
                                                                                      touch screen which can double as a tablet
                                                                                      but you need to buy a keyboard with the Pro4.
                                                                                      If you're a gamer upgrade the GPU.
                                                                                      Also get a Stylus for taking notes/art work.
                                                                                      That lot will bump it up to €1,300.
                                                                                      Hanging on for "Black Friday" sales in November
                                                                                      should cut that with special offers though.
                                                                                      Last edited by DeeBrown; 04-10-17, 10:45.

Comment

Best sonnet of the year Dee.

Comment

Goal Difference if its a FIFA competition like the World Cup.
                                                                                          Head to Head if its a UEFA comp, e.g., the Euros or the CL.

Comment

Was thinking if you have the BBQ on for about 7 each night, that would be ideal. Hunter Valley Semillon and Margaret River reds please. All.meat is good.
                                                                                            Plenty of Hunters but short on Margaret river reds. Any in particular you'd recomend?
                                                                                            Last edited by Mellor; 04-10-17, 11:12.

Comment

...

Comment

Don't let them change you.
                                                                                                "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                                                "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Plenty of Hunters but short on Margaret river reds. Any in particular you'd recomend?
                                                                                                  I'm sure you'll lay in the good stuff for a visitor of my magnitude.

Comment

Church in Las Vegas. I thought it was lovely.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Have you tried Mount Pleasant Lovedale Semillon? It's excellent!

There is also it's cheaper stable mate, Elizabeth which is also very good.

A good few years ago, a lot of the Tesco's in Dublin had the Elizabeth redcuded from 19.99 to a tenner. Tesco Clare Hall had a good lot of it and I think I was one of the only people buying it, must have picked up close to 100 bottles over several trips. have struggled to get Lovedale recently

Comment

Even her own slogan is giving her the 'F Off' message.

Comment

I think something should put don't cry for me Argentina as the soundtrack.

Created by Dimitris Tsaganos - Artist: Madonna -"Don't Cry for Me Argentina" is a song from the 1978 musical "Evita" with music by Andrew Lloyd Webber and ly...
                                                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 04-10-17, 13:22.

Comment

I'm sure you'll lay in the good stuff for a visitor of my magnitude.
                                                                                                            Just Checked the tasting notes on my last delivery.
                                                                                                            The Hunter Semillon says to cellar for another 5.
                                                                                                            Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                            Have you tried Mount Pleasant Lovedale Semillon? It's excellent!

There is also it's cheaper stable mate, Elizabeth which is also very good.

A good few years ago, a lot of the Tesco's in Dublin had the Elizabeth redcuded from 19.99 to a tenner. Tesco Clare Hall had a good lot of it and I think I was one of the only people buying it, must have picked up close to 100 bottles over several trips. have struggled to get Lovedale recently
                                                                                                            To be honest, I don't drink much semillon. Which is a shame as the Hunter is on my doorstep.
                                                                                                            Just check the prices there on the local off license website.
                                                                                                            The Lovedale is $58-71 for most vintages. There's a 1996 at $80 and 1986 at $110
                                                                                                            The Elizabeth is $23, the 2002 was $14 but appears to be sold out.

I'll definitely check out the Cellar door next time Im in the Hunter

Comment

So May is preparing for no deal scenario on Brexit. Not exactly shocked.

I don't know how any comedian is going to parody that speech. God bless Mr p45 ....you beauty

Comment

Half watching an episode of pointless with my father (we used to have great craic betting the unders and overs but he's a bit past that now and anyway I'll never collect the tens of thousands he owes me ) Anyway a board comes up, two films and the initials of an actor who was in both and I run down it and pick the low score for:
                                                                                                                Boys don't cry - Million Dollar Baby - HS
                                                                                                                as
                                                                                                                SPOILER
                                                                                                                Helma Syak

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                                                                                  Church in Las Vegas. I thought it was lovely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP1S8Hd3I_c
                                                                                                                  Nothing like a good prayer or vigil to stop people with guns. Very effective.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                    Half watching an episode of pointless with my father (we used to have great craic betting the unders and overs but he's a bit past that now and anyway I'll never collect the tens of thousands he owes me ) Anyway a board comes up, two films and the initials of an actor who was in both and I run down it and pick the low score for:
                                                                                                                    as
                                                                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                                                                    Helma Syak

Are you trying to tell us that you got confused about Selma Hyaks name or that you got her confused with Hillary Swank?

Reminded me of a few days ago, watching pointless again, the question was asking a boy the name of the particle accelerator in Switzerland, and my wife said Biggs Hoson, which made me laugh. She took it better after I explained why I laughed, not just that it was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                      as
                                                                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                                                                      Helma Syak

Several years later I know but I finally got around to watching Du Levande last night. Great recommendation.

I was howling at the bit where your man drives past in his car telling us out the window about his dream trying to do the tablecloth trick. When the scene switched and I realised I was actually going to see it play out I'd say the crowd upstairs were wondering wtf was going on below.

Hope I didn't miss anything by not watching Songs from the Second floor first as didn't realise the three were a 'trilogy' - I presume that's only meant in a very loose sense.

Comment

It's that time of year again - budget fever!

Always enjoy the predictions and the left-field suggestions that get fired around.

Anything interesting expected this time around?

Suspect we might see a few sops thrown to the good old middle income earners (maybe ~€40/month worth), hopefully some big investments in infrastructure too.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                          Several years later I know but I finally got around to watching Du Levande last night. Great recommendation.

I was howling at the bit where your man drives past in his car telling us out the window about his dream trying to do the tablecloth trick. When the scene switched and I realised I was actually going to see it play out I'd say the crowd upstairs were wondering wtf was going on below.

Hope I didn't miss anything by not watching Songs from the Second floor first as didn't realise the three were a 'trilogy' - I presume that's only meant in a very loose sense.
                                                                                                                          No, very loose, but indistinguishably brilliant.
                                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X