Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
    Started reading Abundance, but it seems terrible so far. Wondering does it get better? Or should I go find another book on the topic.
    If it's just a book on the future you are looking for try Homo Deus. Almost finished it and really enjoyed it. Sequel to sapiens
    airport, lol

Comment

Ho Ho Ho!

partypoker - $0.25 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): 207.68 BB
      SB: 163.32 BB (VPIP: 25.53, PFR: 19.15, 3Bet Preflop: 12.50, Hands: 48)
      BB: 189.32 BB (VPIP: 23.36, PFR: 16.82, 3Bet Preflop: 9.52, Hands: 110)
      UTG: 99 BB
      MP: 169.44 BB (VPIP: 23.75, PFR: 17.24, 3Bet Preflop: 5.56, Hands: 541)
      CO: 100.32 BB (VPIP: 27.59, PFR: 24.14, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 60)

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has T:diamond: 7:diamond:

UTG raises to 2 BB, fold, fold, Hero raises to 7.4 BB, fold, fold, UTG calls 5.4 BB

Flop: (16.2 BB, 2 players) K:spade: J:club: 3:club:
      UTG checks, Hero bets 7.36 BB, UTG calls 7.36 BB

Turn: (30.92 BB, 2 players) A:heart:
      UTG checks, Hero bets 19.6 BB, UTG calls 19.6 BB

River: (70.12 BB, 2 players) Q:spade:
      UTG checks, Hero bets 48 BB, UTG calls 48 BB

Hero shows T:diamond: 7:diamond: (Straight, Ace High)
      (Pre 42%, Flop 25%, Turn 9%)
      UTG mucks 9:diamond: A:spade: (One Pair, Aces)
      (Pre 58%, Flop 75%, Turn 91%)
      Hero wins 157.84 BB
      Low stakes bankroll building videos now on my Youtube channel
      Also check out my live twitch streams

Comment

Thought i was in the wrong place for a moment somebody posting a poker hand.
        Boom is on the way back.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post

Where does all this begrudgery come from? Some country.
          We went Robin hood on their asses when they decided to live in Dalkey off us....supporting your own has a bad taste when they steal from their own.

It damaged the idea of supporting the 'Irish'.

In fairness Mc Gregor is going to buy his own house in Dalkey.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
            Thought i was in the wrong place for a moment somebody posting a poker hand.
            Boom is on the way back.
            Bolt is doing ads for pokerstars

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
              I never said you have to support one or the other.
              You offered you support first, of your own accord.
              Oh gaaawd Mellor.
              You have suddenly discovered this thing called sexism?

Yeah you don't get to lecture me about sexism.

I don't really like either of them.

You that thing #notallmen #notallwhitepeople

Sometimes it's all the men in the room though or all the men in the ring. Or all the white people at the racist rally.

I don't really expect much from Boxing or MMA in fairness. I mean i would expect most to be wife beaters. You would wouldn't you? It's almost cool to beat your wife these days.

You don't get to suddenly discover sexism because it suits you and use it against women. You are either always aware ..or not..don't jump on the bandwagon

Comment

Sayin all that ...i will prolly watch..and then give out shit about them.....i have the woman card *not sexist*

Besides in fairness to them all men in sport act the same.

CH can have my woman card ....so he can watch too

Comment

Hope that hypocritical irony is intentional. Or maybe that's just faux-feminism

Comment

If McGregor won I'd say fair play. Thinking he's going to get his arse handed to him isn't begrudgery , it's a pretty logical opinion.

Be better for him to dive early or he could take a serious beating

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                      Sayin all that ...i will prolly watch..and then give out shit about them.....i have the woman card *not sexist*

Besides in fairness to them all men in sport act the same.

CH can have my woman card ....so he can watch too

Comment

Go get some cranberry juice ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                          If it's just a book on the future you are looking for try Homo Deus. Almost finished it and really enjoyed it. Sequel to sapiens
                          Cliffs on what's coming down the line m8?
                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post
                            Cliffs on what's coming down the line m8?
                            Zuckerberg ends the lot. Not pretty
                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                              If McGregor won I'd say fair play. Thinking he's going to get his arse handed to him isn't begrudgery , it's a pretty logical opinion.

Be better for him to dive early or he could take a serious beating
                              I wasn't directing the begrudge stuff at you, very few here do it tbf compared to everywhere else that has Irish people online and real life.

You're just pretty clueless, but we have always known that about you when it comes to sport

Comment

I wasn't directing the begrudge stuff at you, very few here do it tbf compared to everywhere else that has Irish people online and real life.

You're just pretty clueless, but we have always known that about you when it comes to sport

If I get rich I promise I won't mind a bit of begrudgery! I think i could stand it! !
                                In fact ..i would even admire it!

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post

If I get rich I promise I won't mind a bit of begrudgery! I think i could stand it! !
                                  In fact ..i would even admire it!
                                  You haven't made it as an Irish person til you're hated by a good chunk of your own.

Comment

Spot on brother . I just get lucky with my chelski predictions . I've never boxed but have done martial and (marital)arts and at least I know the difference and respect the crafts. McGregor should be 20 to 1.

Love your work Mr Mcgee

Comment

Spot on brother . I just get lucky with my chelski predictions . I've never boxed but have done martial and (marital)arts and at least I know the difference and respect the crafts. McGregor should be 20 to 1.

Love your work Mr Mcgee
                                      Thank you, thank you, thank you very much Mr Bollocks.
                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                        Hope that hypocritical irony is intentional. Or maybe that's just faux-feminism
                                        Very aggresive post this
                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                          Thank you, thank you, thank you very much Mr Bollocks.
                                          I miss Dermot Morgan

Comment

His Struggle
                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Feel good inc!

My name is Richard Turner and I am expert card mechanic, entertainer, and motivational public speaker, trained in the art of playing card manipulation by leg...

SPOILER
                                              Cards not marked other than the natural markings none of us can notice!

Comment

Looking at the pots for the Champions League, i don't think i've ever seen a Pot 2 this strong. Spurs and Liverpool will need to run pretty good to come out of this one with a decent draw. As for Celtic........

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                  ^^ Wasn't that posted a few weeks back? That guy is considered one of the worlds leading card mechanics rather than some random joe?
                                                  Most who went on that show were not "some random Joe" (not in american version anyhu)

Comment

I put my phone on airplane mode and it told me not to call it Shirley .

Comment

I put my phone on airplane mode and it told me not to call it Shirley .
                                                      I put my phone on airplane mode and it told me it looked like I'd picked the wrong week to quit drinking!

Andy, if you ever feel like becoming Bob Hope instead of Goat Boy let me know!

Comment

Any restaurant recommendations? Nothing too fancy, budget about €50/head.
                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

First time in a few years that I haven't had a job and it's amazing how bored I am now. I don't know what I got up to for so long and not having a car at the minute makes it even worse.
                                                          I'm trying to weigh up having a car if I intend to move to Dublin. I'm into it for 2-2.5k with initial cost and then fuel etc for year. Its probably unnecessary financially but you have less motivation to do things when you're so bored.

Comment

Ibra resigns for Man Utd

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                              Ibra re-signs for Man Utd
                                                              FYP

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                FYP
                                                                Thanks thought that was a different story

Comment

Love your work Mr Mcgee
                                                                  McGregor should be a massive price but there's also a reason that an early knockout is a huge price. Mayweather doesn't do that shit. He plays chess, I do think he'll punch the body off him and get a stoppage eventually though if the lucky punch doesn't land. Maybe McGregor will leave himself open in the hopes of catching him but they both start slow, usually in MMA McGregor finds his target early, zero chance he'll find that with mayweather.

Comment

Long time no post but getting excited with this MMA/Boxing match at weekend.
                                                                    My thoughts are that its a lot closer than odds are giving as Mayweather only has 2 KO's in last 11 yrs (14 fights) and McGregor has never been knocked out albeit he has never fought a true boxer..
                                                                    Mayweather will be defensive hoping to pick McGregor apart while McGregor will have to rely on his youth/speed/power and hope to connect early otherwise Mayweather will wear him out and it will become a farce as two knackered fighters search for scraps with Mayweather picking up a points win but I hope/dont think that will happen.
                                                                    My forecast is one of two things;
                                                                    (1) McGregor will lunge in and connect early and fight stopped as he pounds Mayweather in 1st/2nd round, or
                                                                    (2) McGregor will lunge in and Mayweather will dodge and use McGregors forward momentum against him as he lands a plumb punch on jaw leaving McGregor googly eyed on floor.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                      My thoughts are that its a lot closer than odds are giving as Mayweather only has 2 KO's in last 11 yrs (14 fights) and McGregor has never been knocked out albeit he has never fought a true boxer..
                                                                      Mayweather will be defensive hoping to pick McGregor apart while McGregor will have to rely on his youth/speed/power and hope to connect early otherwise Mayweather will wear him out and it will become a farce as two knackered fighters search for scraps with Mayweather picking up a points win but I hope/dont think that will happen.
                                                                      (1) McGregor will lunge in and connect early and fight stopped as he pounds Mayweather in 1st/2nd round, or
                                                                      (2) McGregor will lunge in and Mayweather will dodge and use McGregors forward momentum against him as he lands a plumb punch on jaw leaving McGregor googly eyed on floor.
                                                                      Its alot closer than the odds are giving?? What do you think the true price is?

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                        Mayweather was fighting mainly elite boxers from champions to number one contenders in the last 11 years. Each and every one of them would have humiliated Conor in a boxing bout.

Have people lost their minds when analysing this?
                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                          Mayweather was fighting mainly elite boxers from champions to number one contenders in the last 11 years. Each and every one of them would have humiliated Conor in a boxing bout.

I would obviously love to see McGregor win. I'm no boxing historian by any means but I can't think of a bigger upset in recent history at least.
                                                                          IMO as far as H2H goes across any sport McGregor would be up there with Japan vs South Africa

Comment

I honestly think I'll find entertainment in whatever way it goes. I'm looking forward to it.

It would be so sick if he knocked him out though. People would lose their minds. I wanna see that.
                                                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                              I honestly think I'll find entertainment in whatever way it goes. I'm looking forward to it.

It would be so sick if he knocked him out though. People would lose their minds. I wanna see that.
                                                                              Mayweather will give a Mickey Thomas style wink when on the canvas should that happen

Comment

Mayweather will give a Mickey Thomas style wink when on the canvas should that happen
                                                                                This is probably woefully naive but I can't see it ever being fixed for Mayweather to lose. Unless he is in much much deeper financial shit than people are saying.

No way he wants any sort of tarnish on his legacy. No way he wants to lose - his whole persona and brand comes from being undefeated, being a winner. 49-1 would hurt a lot more than the value of making another 100mil imo. This isn't just another boxing match, its a amateur vrs the best boxer of his generation. A fix for a loss is so much more damaging than say if he had lost to Pacquiao.

Even writing that it sounds naive tbh lol...maybe Im going crazy. I am getting old.
                                                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Yes and if anyone wants a preview http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116448/

Comment

Question for Her Sky-ness? Can you sell sky Q upgrades remotely or do I have to come and visit you at some sort of stall in the back arse of nowhere?

Please and thank you

Comment

I heard something on a podcast today (cant remember which one) . There was a boxer that went over to MMA and he said that although McGreagor has a strong punch it isnt as strong as plenty of the fighters he had boxed before. He did mention how accurate he was all the same. If that's the case all the talk of Conors punching power is sadly overrated

He should get awarded for businessman of the year for pulling this off.. Can anyone else think of a single moment where someone basically talked their way to €100 million..

Im not gambler enough to be bothered backing at these prices but surly there will be a massive opportunity to back the wife beater now and just lay of near the bout as certain massive money comes on the day of the fight.
                                                                                      sigpic
                                                                                      Longshotvalue.com

Comment

The most talked about moment from Poker Night in America's very first King of the Hill. Afterwards, Dan "Jungleman" Cates sits down with Doug Polk to talk th...

Opr

Comment

Leicester biggest shock I've ever seen .

Comment

Yeah but they were priced accordingly.

Opr

Comment

No intention of betting and really no idea bar watching the odd McGregor fight but surely this is correct?

Saw a guy on tv equating it to the best triathlete taking on the best marathon runner.

That said if i do watch it live of course i'll be cheering on as long as jts not some obv fix rematch...

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                No intention of betting and really no idea bar watching the odd McGregor fight but surely this is correct?

Saw a guy on tv equating it to the best triathlete taking on the best marathon runner.

That said if i do watch it live of course i'll be cheering on as long as jts not some obv fix rematch...
                                                                                                I heard that too. Best rugby league team playing the best union team i thought

Comment

I still find myself stopping in mid flow randomly at some stage every few months and asking did Leicester actually win the fucking Premier League.

Comment

Something to consider for anyone betting mcg can go the distance,interesting post on boards
                                                                                                    "The NSAC are under serious pressure after, not just authorizing a fight between a novice against the best boxer in the world but also going outside to the rules and approving 8oz gloves.

If anything happens to McGregor in terms of head injury, The commission will be facing legal action the likes of which they have never seen. This could potentially lead to the commission giving strict instructions to Referee Robert Byrd to stop the fight at the first sign of McGregor taking too much punishment. They can't risk the possibility that he may sustain serious injury and may stop the fight prematurely to, not just protect McGregor, But more importantly protect themselves"

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                      Yeah but they were priced accordingly.

Opr
                                                                                                      I seen a few biggish pre season bets on them and a few sickening early cash outs

Comment

Welcome to Everton Gylfi Sigurdsson!

Comment

Heading to Sligo next Friday and Saturday. Recommendations on things to do and see and places to eat. Pubs don't matter too much as neither of us is a big drinker.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                                            I would obviously love to see McGregor win. I'm no boxing historian by any means but I can't think of a bigger upset in recent history at least.
                                                                                                            IMO as far as H2H goes across any sport McGregor would be up there with Japan vs South Africa
                                                                                                            At least Japan played rugby

Its mad. We're getting the same price as Spurs are to beat Burnley at the weekend, when they're actually playing Leinster.
                                                                                                            Last edited by NewApproach; 24-08-17, 20:54.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                              Any restaurant recommendations? Nothing too fancy, budget about €50/head.
                                                                                                              All the below should be in that price range and are pretty decent. Last two are fairly lively for some boozage after

Los Tapas De Lola on Wexford St
                                                                                                              Fallon & Byrne on Wicklow St
                                                                                                              Neon on Camden St
                                                                                                              La Maison on Castle Market

Drury Buildings on Drury St
                                                                                                              Bow Lane On Camden St

Comment

Heading to Sligo next Friday and Saturday. Recommendations on things to do and see and places to eat. Pubs don't matter too much as neither of us is a big drinker.
                                                                                                                Nvm. Been informed it's a village called Easky and doesn't look like much goes on. Will have to find the local parish hall

Comment

ride a horse on Enniscrone beach , preferably in the rain, you wont regret it

doubt you got the canter in ya , you could always trot tho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMG4kcCkgYg
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Nvm. Been informed it's a village called Easky and doesn't look like much goes on. Will have to find the local parish hall
                                                                                                                    There's a really nice cafe there,puddin row,does a savage breakfast.
                                                                                                                    Then there's a castle and nice sea walk and... that's it
                                                                                                                    You might as well go to enniscrone while your up there
                                                                                                                    Find it a bleak enough stretch of the country tbh (between Sligo and ballina).some real swivellers living out that way
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Guest; 24-08-17, 21:47.

Comment

I watched this match, and it was an incredible comeback from Hellmuth.

He beat Doug Polk yesterday to set up a meeting with Jungleman today, and they shared the first 2 rounds. At the start of the 3rd round playing 100k each and blinds 500/1000, Hellmuth 3bets 32o and fires 3 bullets to drop to 27k after just 3/4 hands. A little while later Hellmuth folds 89s to a shove, leaving himself on 6k and Jungle on 194k. He then wins a few flips and picks up some hands, and then pretty much outplays Jungleman including that ridiculous fold in the clip where Jungleman folds 105 on a 101023 board when Hellmuth shoves 9.5k into 60k. After that, Hellmuth just picked up all the orphan pots and managed to find some top pair hands, but well deserved over the whole game because Jungleman never recovered.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                        ride a horse on Enniscrone beach , preferably in the rain, you wont regret it

doubt you got the canter in ya , you could always trot tho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMG4kcCkgYg
                                                                                                                        Popped off an email to Iceford stables. They seemed closest. Been horse riding loads of times so a wee gallop will be no bother. Tis some adrenaline rush. Herself has never been so it's more for a bitta craic for her.

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                        There's a really nice cafe there,puddin row,does a savage breakfast.
                                                                                                                        Then there's a castle and nice sea walk and... that's it
                                                                                                                        You might as well go to enniscrone while your up there
                                                                                                                        Find it a bleak enough stretch of the country tbh (between Sligo and balling).some real swivellers living out that way
                                                                                                                        Sounds grand to me. Also love a good breakfast so that'll be tested. Ty

Comment

Popped off an email to Iceford stables. They seemed closest. Been horse riding loads of times so a wee gallop will be no bother. Tis some adrenaline rush. Herself has never been so it's more for a bitta craic for her.

Sounds grand to me. Also love a good breakfast so that'll be tested. Ty
                                                                                                                          thats where i went ! they are brill . cater for all needs . you wont regret it and will deffo thank me later. please do it , its a fucking lifetime thingy! you have to book it , 8/9 am job . best money i ever spent in my whole entire life ! Thats if you are into horse riding .

I have friends big into show jumping who havent done that and dream of it. its amazing
                                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X