Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been catching up a bit on here over the last few nights.

And feel some context is needed on what William has mentioned on a bet I seemingly jibbed in a few posts recently.

Background.

Posts on the day, 6/8/18

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
    Trying to debatewith the fan boys is a waste of time. Such blinkered shite.
    All this talk of the TIGER of old. These kids he's playing with now are much better than 99% of what the TIGER of old faced. Even back to his best he's still find it tough to get top spot . No ChrisdiMaros to push around.
    A fully fit TIGER falls flat once again. Nice stroke average though .
    It's simple. It much more competitive now. If TIGER came back now to the same players he'd be no.1 of course but these new guys swap wins and TIGER ain't getting one handed to him as before. He got into heads
    I bite.

You were insistent that he couldn't live with the current crop of pros.

An opinion I strongly disagreed with but emphasising that the fact the man had been crippled the previous 3 year and these chronic back issues were caveat of that opinion.

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
    Tiger will win a major if his back holds before or the US at Pebble 2019, he'll also be world no 1 in 2019.
    Recent posts

Why not daddy ? It's a different game now. Think about about it. I've offered money on TIGER not making it back to no.1 . Got insulted .
    You seem excited . Might I suggest a copy of the 2019 masters and a wank?

Froth froth froth
    Seems ironic that the IPBs golden boy performances hardly got a mention.
    TIGER world no. 1 I was hearing.
    The bet offer

. If his back hold out ? I'll bet ya 200 he doesn't make world no.1 in 2019

You have stated many times on the forum that you are not price sensitive when betting golf. I am.

Tiger was ranked 51st in the world at the time and the realistic odds on him reaching no 1, I suggest conservatively would have been in the 33/1 to 100/1 price range.

Now offering me evens if we take the lowest of my precieved range of 33/1, is calling me an imbecile.

I felt the offer an insult that simply didn't merit a reply, but did in the heat of the moment retort with an insult.

Feel free to correct me if you weren't offering me an even €200, but I think most would read it as such.

I apoligised for my insult at the time. But do think you got a bite you were after and feel the “poor me" I was even insulted on the internet is stretching it.

Looking back it was some prediction by me in all fairness. He wins a major in a manner he never achieved in his prime. Coming from behind and winning against a congested back nine leaderboard packed with the current elite of the game.

At the moment he is ranked no 5 in the world.

If he was a young player starting out, I have no doubt the golfing world would be hailing him the brightest prospect in the game.

Wins a Major, a meteoric rise in the rankings, only stopped because he's obv crocked again since the Masters.

No doubt his achievement over the last year won't be enough for you. For me it's been astounding, and proof if it was needed that Tiger will be seen as the GOAT as long as the game of Golf is played.

Kudos on getting another bite, I gave up arguing on the internet about 10 years ago!

Comment

And feel some context is needed on what William has mentioned on a bet I seemingly jibbed in a few posts recently!

One slot left alongside Solskjaer & AidenKK in the final group of the IPB golf game.

Can I confirm you for that?

Comment

Folks,

What's the story with huawai phones? Is it worth getting one or will there be issues going forward? Wife needs eds a new phone and there a cheap P20 on amazon

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
          https://www.irishpokerboards.com/for...t=24252&page=3

One slot left alongside Solskjaer & AidenKK in the final group of the IPB golf game.

I really can't. I've taken most of July off pissing about and Fri/Sat are my busiest days. While I have the best of jobs and my boss is the soundest really, he actually gave out to me this morning and accused me of being a bit of a slacker. It all came as a bit of a shock let me tell you, so can't push it for the next few weeks anyway. Soz but I'm out.
          Last edited by nicnicnic; 31-07-19, 12:43.

Comment

In a French kiddie place today (Festyland).

Interestingly, on the way in, the security chaps confiscated the knife from my picnic bag, with profuse apologies, but waved me through with two large bottles of fairly strong cider. Half-cut here now as the kids go upside down on various thrills but at least I won't stab anyone.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Skulling flagons in the playground is not something I'd ever have associated with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                In a French kiddie place today (Festyland).

Interestingly, on the way in, the security chaps confiscated the knife from my picnic bag, with profuse apologies, but waved me through with two large bottles of fairly strong cider. Half-cut here now as the kids go upside down on various thrills but at least I won't stab anyone.
                Working up the Kerry/Clare coast to Galway....currently in Ballybunnion. Place exact sqme as last trip here in '84...needs to be nuked.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                  Jesus, Ed Thorp looks like this at 86

https://youtu.be/GCtJ683nrBA
                  He certainly puts the effort in:

We asked Thorp for his anti-aging secrets. He gave us a detailed description of his health regime.

1. Physical
                  a. Cardio. Weight-bearing such as hiking, running, walking helps bone density.
                  b. Core strength & flexibility (yoga, stretching, core strength)
                  c. Weight training. Critical for overall strength and to avoid bone loss
                  d. Balance is important to maintain--many older people are done in from falls.
                  e. Keep an exercise log.

2. Diet.
                  a. Eat low fat.
                  b. Don’t eat a lot of animal protein, nor red meat; avoid fish with lots of mercury.
                  c. Consume fresh fruit, vegetables.
                  d. Avoid refined sugar, especially fructose, and worthless starches like white rice and mashed potatoes.
                  3. Control your weight and cholesterol.
                  a. Keep your weight down, with a body mass index of less than 23 if possible. Pick a weight target. Weigh yourself regularly. Write it down whether you like the number or not. If you won’t do this, you are not serious about change.
                  b. Keep your total cholesterol below 180, preferably below 160.
                  c. Watch your belly fat. A potbelly reduces longevity because the fat exudes substances that injure your organs. “Apple” shapes die sooner, on average, than “pears.”

4. Don’t smoke; avoid others who do.

5. Avoid too much alcohol. One to two drinks maximum and not daily.

6. Reduce stress. There are lots of tricks for this.

7. Get regular checkups and tests. You need access to good doctors and medical coverage.
                  a. Be proactive. If you have a problem, deal with it soon before it gets worse.
                  b. Get vaccinations. All the standard ones plus Hep-A and B; pneumonia.
                  c. Get bone density tests and other baseline measurements.
                  d. Get a flu shot every year and as early as possible for maximum protection. Lots of smart people I know neglect this. I’ve never had the flu.

8. Take supplements. It’s very important for nutrition, to avoid bone loss

a. Among them: COQ 10 (antioxidant); Calcium/Magnesium/K2 (for bone loss); Life Extension Mix multivitamin (half or one-third dose); baby aspirin (reduces inflammation, possibly protects heart); fish oil (address inflammation, cholesterol, etc.); Super Zeaxanthin (for eye protection).
                  b. This can be hard on the kidneys. Take a drug holiday and go off for a week or so occasionally. And limit supplements to ones you can make a strong case for.

9. Avoid unnecessary risks, such as motorcycles, on-road bicycling, second- and third-world airlines, autos with low safety ratings, certain extreme sports, eating Gulf seafood.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                    Skulling flagons in the playground is not something I'd ever have associated with you.
                    Cider is the drink of choice in Normandy. Also I'm sure every parent will agree these sort of joints are best approached through a slight haze.

Comment

He certainly looks different to Buffett at around the same age with his diet of McDonald's breakfast, ice cream and coke

Comment

Cider is the drink of choice in Normandy. Also I'm sure every parent will agree these sort of joints are best approached through a slight haze.
                        Good dry cider from Normandy is amazing. Can't stand the sweet stuff they serve in England /Ireland

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                          Good dry cider from Normandy is amazing. Can't stand the sweet stuff they serve in England /Ireland
                          The fermier gear seems to be the best. There's a guy up the road who has an orchard and flogs it from the pressoir, so I'll throw a couple of cases into the mixer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                            Working up the Kerry/Clare coast to Galway....currently in Ballybunnion. Place exact sqme as last trip here in '84...needs to be nuked.
                            And you will struggle to get a lunch there on a weekday peak summer, i stopped going there, only 50 mins from me but not worth the effort.
                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Can you recommend some good ones, would love to get a good dry, used to sell a Breton cider that tasted of nothing
                              Last edited by Guest; 31-07-19, 16:00.

Comment

'worthless starches like ... potatoes'
                                lol, he should stick to the hedge funds I'd say

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                  Can you recommend some good ones, would love to get a good dry, used to sell a Breton cider that tasted of nothing
                                  i'd really struggle to be honest. it's such a local market, every village/county has its own local producers selling locally, some good seasons some bad, but the locals know the good ones every year.

Comment

And feel some context is needed on what William has mentioned on a bet I seemingly jibbed in a few posts recently.

Background.

Posts on the day, 6/8/18

I bite.

You were insistent that he couldn't live with the current crop of pros.

An opinion I strongly disagreed with but emphasising that the fact the man had been crippled the previous 3 year and these chronic back issues were caveat of that opinion.

Recent posts

The bet offer

You have stated many times on the forum that you are not price sensitive when betting golf. I am.

Tiger was ranked 51st in the world at the time and the realistic odds on him reaching no 1, I suggest conservatively would have been in the 33/1 to 100/1 price range.

Now offering me evens if we take the lowest of my precieved range of 33/1, is calling me an imbecile.

I felt the offer an insult that simply didn't merit a reply, but did in the heat of the moment retort with an insult.

Feel free to correct me if you weren't offering me an even €200, but I think most would read it as such.

I apoligised for my insult at the time. But do think you got a bite you were after and feel the “poor me" I was even insulted on the internet is stretching it.

Looking back it was some prediction by me in all fairness. He wins a major in a manner he never achieved in his prime. Coming from behind and winning against a congested back nine leaderboard packed with the current elite of the game.

At the moment he is ranked no 5 in the world.

If he was a young player starting out, I have no doubt the golfing world would be hailing him the brightest prospect in the game.

Wins a Major, a meteoric rise in the rankings, only stopped because he's obv crocked again since the Masters.

No doubt his achievement over the last year won't be enough for you. For me it's been astounding, and proof if it was needed that Tiger will be seen as the GOAT as long as the game of Golf is played.

Kudos on getting another bite, I gave up arguing on the internet about 10 years ago!
                                    Lol. The insult was someone else I've seven I can mention . I was spot on in my statement about TIGER. If you are going to debate after the time you lose . Tiger won the master I was glad to see it. It's his fan boys the annoy me not TIGER. Yer getting old Nicky some post all the same . And YES I hooked a good one . Musta been steaming love it. Eoghan is more insulting that you calling me a Welsh on something I mistakenly thought wasn't a register on your big bad world of wagering. I still maintain I was never in a bet. I've won bets on here and pmd it to charity. I'm no Welsh.

Are you ok now hun? Xxxx

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                      https://www.irishpokerboards.com/for...t=24252&page=3

Come on Nicky you bollox . Ill pay up front . You must be scratch by now. I'm still shite . 18 shots at evens ?

Comment

Another correction. I never said once he couldn't live with the current crop . He's TIGER. I said he wouldn't dominate . You quote a lot in yer post here find me that post . Stick to the truth man.

Comment

And I'd love to apogise to HJ for arguing about sport.

Naawww fk you HJ

Comment

Lol. The insult was someone else I've seven I can mention
                                            Life is a whole lot sweeter Willie when you can't remember them.

You're some man for d'grudges, that shit will eat you.
                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

I think it powers him.

Comment

Lol. Some of ye have met me. Few if any of you know me. I shoot from the hip . I don't lick arse(life is sweeter ) and I stand behind my online self. Words on here don't effect me in my every day life but ye wanna fire I fire back. I'm aware just like your view above it paints a picture but frankly my dear... ..

Now I'm off out for a jog I expect to suffer as it's been a few days.

Don't cry for me Laz I'm a kunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                  I think it powers him.
                                                  I've met you. You are sweet. Online a dick.

Mad altogether.

Comment

You're very far removed from a cunt Willie.

There's no negative picture painted, certainly not with me anyway.

I know I've been slapped down a few times, on here and elsewhere, but I genuinely only vaguely remember the details, suppose I was advising to give it a shot, feels healthy.

Mind those snails. Pick the baby ones up and move them.

Comment

I've met you. You are sweet. Online a dick.

Mad altogether.
                                                      Stunning revelation there - everyone is nicer in real life.

Comment

Enjoyable jog . Paid homage to the snails Laz. Kept pace with them.
                                                        Only 4k but enough for me. Down only a couple of pounds since March . Boo

Been a fun night.

I forwarded Nickys post to Waterford Whispers.

As for HJ admitting to being bipolar above. It's good to talk about it HJ. 1st step lad.

Comment

I'm probably a similar level of twat online as in real life, or so I estimate from my point of view anyway.

Comment

I'm fucking sound online and real life tbf,
                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

I'm more cunty online

Comment

I'm alot sounder on here.

Comment

As for HJ admitting to being bipolar above. It's good to talk about it HJ. 1st step lad.
                                                                  There's nothing wrong with being bipolar, it's quite offensive to use it as a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                                                                    I'm alot sounder on here.
                                                                    This is wrong...
                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                      I'm fucking sound online and real life tbf,
                                                                      Albeit a small enough sample size but you're probably the only person I've ever met who is absolutely identical IRL to online.

Comment

Albeit a small enough sample size but you're probably the only person I've ever met who is absolutely identical IRL to online.
                                                                        Tis true. I'm as fucking mad here as I am in the real world.

Shur I am who I am. No point beating about the bush pretending I'm. Someone I'm not.

I was a bit of an online cunt 10 yrs ago though
                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                          There's nothing wrong with being bipolar, it's quite offensive to use it as a joke.
                                                                          Maybe but beyond the offensiveness of my post be assured I'm here if you want to talk. Pm .
                                                                          I'm a good listener . I'm offended if you don't.

Comment

I'm a good listener .
                                                                            Sweet. Everyone should be good at at least one thing.

Comment

No benifit to me but any of ye that have Sky sports can add BT from today for 10 e per month x 6 months.
                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

1st day of ashes

I am excite!

Comment

On this, in Spain for a bit recently, bought a cider that looked like and unfortunately was a rebranded orchid thieves

Small bottles, no bite to the stuff so 2 mouthfuls to finish when sitting in 30 degrees

You'd be talking through your eyelids in no time

Not only does it taste of diabetes, it's a waste of time drinking stuff like that (better off taking drugs if that's your bag)
                                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 01-08-19, 09:50.

Comment

No benifit to me but any of ye that have Sky sports can add BT from today for 10 e per month x 6 months.
                                                                                    What's the deal with BT this year? No Prem league is it? What about champs league?

I'd do the above right now but thought i heard BT was going to be part of sky shortly.

Comment

Was expecting an email as I 'registerd my interest',

Good value IMO

Comment

1st day of ashes

I am excite!
                                                                                        Warner bottom edges ball to keeper, big noise, given not out, England don't appeal

Couple of overs later, Warner given out lbw, looks like it's missing to me but he doesn't appeal, out but would have won appeal

England get away with it, ball moving all over place

Grand start to an ashes series!
                                                                                        Last edited by Guest; 01-08-19, 10:30.

Comment

Warner bottom edges ball to keeper, big noise, given not out, England don't appeal

Couple of overs later, Warner given out lbw, looks like it's missing to me but he doesn't appeal, out but would have won appeal

England get away with it, ball moving all over place

Grand start to an ashes series!
                                                                                          I've backed Travis Head for series top scorer. No other bets - I think they are two pretty weak teams by historical standards so whoever gets The Big Mo will come crush the other.

Comment

I've backed Travis Head for series top scorer. No other bets - I think they are two pretty weak teams by historical standards so whoever gets The Big Mo will come crush the other.
                                                                                            Haven't had any bets myself for much same reasoning

Was looking at Broad for top wicket but didn't...

Might look again

Smith really does know where 4th stump is

Comment

7 down for 112. Momentum England.

Comment

Anyone know what the construction for is on Grafton St opposite the provost's house?

Comment

i'd really struggle to be honest. it's such a local market, every village/county has its own local producers selling locally, some good seasons some bad, but the locals know the good ones every year.
                                                                                                  Went to this place today and bought a decent quota, plus some Calvados. Keeps for up to three years according to the farmer.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                    What's the deal with BT this year? No Prem league is it? What about champs league?

I'd do the above right now but thought i heard BT was going to be part of sky shortly.
                                                                                                    BT have sat morn Orem games and every champs league game
                                                                                                    Ten euro extra per month with sky , goes up to 20 per month after 6 months.17 pm without sky goes up to 34 pm without
                                                                                                    Not worth it to me, was getting for free with Eir who are now reduced to hyping the Rugby World Cup as their biggest event (every game

I’m sure there’s some of the criminal element on here who will use the BT price to justify their illegal streaming habit though

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                      I’m sure there’s some of the criminal element on here who will use the BT price to justify their illegal streaming habit though
                                                                                                      I wont use that excuse to justify it. I've always streamed and will keep doing so. I just dont want to pay for something I can watch for free via "illegal streams" lol

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                        I wont use that excuse to justify it. I've always streamed and will keep doing so. I just dont want to pay for something I can steal
                                                                                                        Fyp

Comment

Horrendous day of travel yesterday, train to Milan ended up breaking down, replacement train horribly late, missed two connections, last train late as well. In total took 12 hours to get door to door in that would have been a 5 hour drive. Trains were double booked, people arguing over reserved seats, I ended up sitting in doorwell with the two dogs in travel case looking out the window. Had a great time away from everyone.

I can see why Deutsche bahn are investing 85 billion into the rail network. Engines overheating apparently.

Comment

Whatever about IPTV. I honestly don't know any sports fan worth their salt scours for links pre kick off and or uses ace stream. When I've had to use it I've had almost anxiety watching, waiting for it to fail and can't hack the fact it's usually at least 90 seconds behind.

If you're saying you've had years of perfect streaming. You're lying.

The Dog Days of Summer are almost over. If you can afford it and love your sport, pay for sky or whatever broadcaster carries your sport. It's a great service.
                                                                                                            If you can't. That's a different story.
                                                                                                            If you can afford it, love your sport and still decide to scratch around for streams. You're just a mean pig.

Comment

Whatever about IPTV. I honestly don't know any sports fan worth their salt scours for links pre kick off and or uses ace stream. When I've had to use it I've had almost anxiety watching, waiting for it to fail and can't hack the fact it's usually at least 90 seconds behind.

The Dog Days of Summer are almost over. If you can afford it and love your sport, pay for sky or whatever broadcaster carries your sport. It's a great service.
                                                                                                              If you can afford it, love your sport and still decide to scratch around for streams. You're just a mean pig.
                                                                                                              This

However. I will Still Stream matches that are not on my paid packages.

Oh, and I will Always download Movies and Music.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                Fyp
                                                                                                                Yep. That's accurate. And not an ounce of guilt about it.

Comment

I dont watch enough to justify it. Have all the CL games on Virgin now. So the only PL games I watch are United and then the big games and derbies. Some weekends I wouldnt even watch a game. The very odd occasion when a stream has crashed I've just popped over to the pub and had a couple of pints watching it. Couldn't justify the extra €45 a month virgin quoted to add sports.

Comment

Also if you're worrying about streams, it's more likely a poor connection on your part as the streams are (or were before these new rules) absolutely flawless

Comment

No interest in giving money to Sky so the GAA can give it to the Dubs.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                        Also if you're worrying about streams, it's more likely a poor connection on your part as the streams are (or were before these new rules) absolutely flawless
                                                                                                                        Piss off back to Cavan m8, you’ve been rustled

Comment

...I have the app Navixsport...It shows all of the decent games...It is without doubt the best app for streaming...It is perfect quality, at most 30 seconds behind life TV, and an chromecast it and it is still perfect quality...It shows the big soccer matches, big boxing, all NBA...
                                                                                                                          ...100% would recommend getting it, and shocked if you don't...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X