Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As if by magic they use it just after I type, pretty sure it's sawdust btw

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
      As if by magic they use it just after I type, pretty sure it's sawdust btw
      yeah, clearly sawdust, why does bowling team put it down though? footing for bowlers?

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
        yeah, clearly sawdust, why does bowling team put it down though? footing for bowlers?
        Ya, that force thru your ankle with a typical fast bowler action, slip would kill

When I replied at first I thought you meant a big pile to the side of the playing area

Comment

Missed first 100 mins of game, English happy with current score?
          VERY
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Did NZ use their review earlier?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              Okay that's just a silly point!

They weren't *called* the Communist Party. But they clearly were.
              Ahem.

Comment

Seems silly when you have all the technology that the turning point of a world cup final could hinge on some old lads dodgy eye.

Not like it's a quick game where a few extras reviews would disrupt the flow. Every Out should be pending a quick review.
                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                  Seems silly when you have all the technology that the turning point of a world cup final could hinge on some old lads dodgy eye.

Not like it's a quick game where a few extras reviews would disrupt the flow. Every Out should be pending a quick review.
                  They went thru all that when they brought it in, gamesmanship, fucking around, spirit of game, undermine the umpire etc

I'd be ok with 2 each but they did it for a reason

Comment

They went thru all that when they brought it in, gamesmanship, fucking around, spirit of game, undermine the umpire etc

I'd be ok with 2 each but they did it for a reason
                    1 certainly isnt enough imo. If the best umpires in the world cant tell what chance do players have. Theres been more wrong calls than right so far today. Those marginal ones are near impossible to tell in real time imo.
                    Profit before people.

Comment

They are, in that they check for a no-ball.

I like it, it introduces a new element of judgement to the game i.e. when to use your review. NZ wasted theirs.

If you think there's some dodgy decisions in this, try watching some club cricket.

Comment

Kids dispatched to park with orders to take their time and spend all the dosh I bribed them with.

Reckon I have 2.5 hours of sport before I have to start prepping bbq for a dozen. Large Oxley g&t on the go.

And BOOM. 5 Down NZ. Might have to switch over to Fedddddddddd.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                          Kids dispatched to park with orders to take their time and spend all the dosh I bribed them with.

Reckon I have 2.5 hours of sport before I have to start prepping bbq for a dozen. Large Oxley g&t on the go.

And BOOM. 5 Down NZ. Might have to switch over to Fedddddddddd.
                          wife got me tanqueray sevilla in duty free on the way home the other day. enjoyable summer option.

ireland france semi finals for olympic sevens in 10 minutes here

Comment

1 certainly isnt enough imo. If the best umpires in the world cant tell what chance do players have. Theres been more wrong calls than right so far today. Those marginal ones are near impossible to tell in real time imo.
                            I think they could loosen the rule on losing your review, if really tight you keep, must be some measure bthey could use

Comment

I think they could loosen the rule on losing your review, if really tight you keep, must be some measure bthey could use
                              if it's too close and an "umpires call" decision then you keep review.

Comment

That is the rule!

Comment

That is the rule!
                                  Ya... suppose it is

Think I was distracted by the delay on my food and them changing the channel just as it arrived!

Fuck em, use it lose it!

As said above, they did go thru all this at the time

Comment

DRS factoids:

Only clearly incorrect decisions are reversed; if the Third Umpire's analysis is within established margins of error or is otherwise inconclusive, the on-field umpire's original call stands

Each team can initiate referrals until they reach the limit on unsuccessful reviews.[29] This limit is two unsuccessful review requests per innings during a Test match, and one unsuccessful review request per innings during a One Day International. From 2013 until September 2017, the number of reviews available for a team in a Test innings was topped-up to two after 80 overs. From October 2017, if the on-field decision remains unchanged because the DRS shows "umpire's call", the team will not lose its review

Comment

Tennis can fuck right off btw, load of triathlete junkie bastards running the ball into the ground

Comment

Tennis can fuck right off btw, load of triathlete junkie bastards running the ball into the ground
                                        Not Federer.

Wash your mouth out with soap!

Comment

Nicholas Roche in the breakaway of 15 that will more than likely get to say away with 100k and the peleton taking a day off and he'd be one of the favs of those out in it to win the stage
                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

England strangling NZ here. Superb stuff.

Another G&T sir? Well, I really shouldn't but yes thank you very much.

Comment

Heading off to see Young Dylan in Kilkenny will have to choose just one of the sports to watch in the car... first world problems

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                Nicholas Roche in the breakaway of 15 that will more than likely get to say away with 100k and the peleton taking a day off and he'd be one of the favs of those out in it to win the stage
                                                What's happening in le Tour or is it still phoney war stuff before they really hit the mountains?

Comment

6 down. NZ really tied down with 3 overs left, England will be chasing 240-ish before Lord Morgan of Rush accepts the trophy on behalf of a grateful nation.

Comment

Interesting to see the amount of Indian/ Pakastani Brits at the cricket proudly and loudly supporting England in the abscence of the teams they bought tickets to support.

Comment

Not Federer.

Wash your mouth out with soap!
                                                      Not Fed who suddenly started looking like Ronaldo in his 30's?

Maybe Fed a bit...

Comment

What's happening in le Tour or is it still phoney war stuff before they really hit the mountains?
                                                        A little bit less than phoney so far IMO in a nice mix of stages as they sort themselves out. Geraint Thomas's form looks a bit suspect and although the team look very strong I have a few other doubts about him and think he's a lay at 5/4

Comment

Not Fed who suddenly started looking like Ronaldo in his 30's?

Maybe Fed a bit...
                                                          Never. He's a artist.

Nadal and Djokovic are artisans.

Comment

Never. He's a artist.

Nadal and Djokovic are artisans.
                                                            He's an artisan

They are junkie bastard running machines

No artists at the top of sport, cookery etc

Practice, consistency of result and shit ton of skill= artisan

Comment

He's an artisan

They are junkie bastard running machines

No artists at the top of sport, cookery etc

Practice, consistency of result and shit ton of skill= artisan
                                                              You need to get in touch with your gay side and get onboard with Rogering.

Comment

Now Archer, do NOT bowl Boult a bouncer ffs.

Comment

Specy four eyes scared witless out there against Archer.
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

You need to get in touch with your gay side and get onboard with Rogering.
                                                                    I've spent the last 5 weeks in my gay cousins gaff, I've seen enough of my gay side for a while

Very straight London drinking Tuesday and Wednesday followed by not sure what Dublin drinking next Saturday

Then talk to me about needing to get in touch with my gay side again

Comment

Right, 242 to win. Piece of piss imo.

Comment

wife got me tanqueray sevilla in duty free on the way home the other day. enjoyable summer option.

ireland france semi finals for olympic sevens in 10 minutes here
                                                                        Gave a good account but I thought all along France would be too good at home this weekend. Need to win the next game and get into repechage. I constantly feel we give up a few soft scores put wide by not having enough trust in the D. I wonder will a year of constantly playing together in the World Series help that. I feel our attack is right up there with the best.

Anyway fingers crossed for the last game.
                                                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Any of the gin connoisseurs on here dabble with Roku Gin (I'm thinking Tar may be the man due to the same company owning a Japanese whiskey company)

Tried it over in Mallorca and it was the most expensive gin in our hotel at 14.90 for it and a tonic.

I quite liked it but Mrs Lao Lao was very taken with it and in a semi drunken comment decided 'This is my new favourite gin, so you're going to be broke going forward' - I think that sentence adequately sums up married life in very simple terms.

I presume it can't be any/much more expensive than all the other premium gins we have? Haven't been arsed looking to see if it's available in Ireland yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                            Any of the gin connoisseurs on here dabble with Roku Gin (I'm thinking Tar may be the man due to the same company owning a Japanese whiskey company)

Tried it over in Mallorca and it was the most expensive gin in our hotel at 14.90 for it and a tonic.

I quite liked it but Mrs Lao Lao was very taken with it and in a semi drunken comment decided 'This is my new favourite gin, so you're going to be broke going forward' - I think that sentence adequately sums up married life in very simple terms.

I presume it can't be any/much more expensive than all the other premium gins we have? Haven't been arsed looking to see if it's available in Ireland yet.
                                                                            I like it a lot, its about 25 a bottle here in germany. seems to be always available in duty free when i travel around

Comment

Feddddd throws away the first set with neither player looking 100%.

Comment

Been drinking the Blood Orange Gins lately - big differences in some - will report beck when all tried and tested.

Comment

I like it a lot, its about 25 a bottle here in germany. seems to be always available in duty free when i travel around
                                                                                  €45 in O'Briens.

Comment

Roy lbw first ball, survives on umpires call.

Comment

That umpire has shaped this match completely
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

€45 in O'Briens.
                                                                                        floated the idea to GAB one time about a gin club, couldnt work out logistics about how we get a group of 7 or 8 to try same bottle every month, or go in other direction and have a snake like list and one person sends a bottle to next on the list. Probably too expensive to send bottles around the world, but amazon delivers most of them these days I guess.

Comment

New Zealanders do like mustaches.

Comment

...
                                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                              The problem with out of comp weigh-ins is that fighter will naturally get leaner and lighter over the course of a fight camp. So it’s very hard to pinpoint a fair time to weigh people. Unless it’s a series of weigh-ins, but that’s very hard to manage outside of the highest level.

I don’t think it’s actually as solvable as it appears tbh.
                                                                                              I’d really like to see the end of it. But I don’t know how to change the rules tondo so, safely.
                                                                                              Would the highest level have the most extreme cuts?

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Not had it yet, a brother and sister both like it and a few friends recommended it so must try it out some time. Was just given a bottle of bonac 24, I'm no where near finished my last presents of gin. Don't drink very much, I see how drink stockpiles appear in houses.

Comment

I feel you didn't sufficiently Google that. That is indeed what you get for the very first result from googling 'communism India'. But it's not about the name instead the policies - nearly all of which were communist - hence why they were so close to the USSR and the US opposed them.
                                                                                                From wiki:

Congress Party (I'm fully aware you'll never have heard of them but they have been the dominant party in India post-independence. Ghandhian).

Check out the 'ideology' section. Social democrat.
                                                                                                Not Communist.

You are literally making shit up. And when your entire 'argument' is dependent on that, it makes your argument shit too.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                  Roy lbw first ball, survives on umpires call.
                                                                                                  Gone now anyhoo.

Game on Mr Root.

Comment

You are literally making shit up. And when your entire 'argument' is dependent on that, it makes your argument shit too.
                                                                                                    So weird reading someone else write the same thing to Hitch that I normally do.
                                                                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                      So weird reading someone else write the same thing to Hitch that I normally do.
                                                                                                      I'm sure you would have phrased it more eloquently.

Comment

I'm sure you would have phrased it more eloquently.
                                                                                                        Trying to get through to Hitch is more broadsword than scalpel.
                                                                                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                          Trying to get through to Hitch is more broadsword than scalpel.
                                                                                                          The frightening thing is that he is allowed to mould young minds.

Comment

Democracy is not the answer to everything. I love democracy, you love democracy, but it's not the answer for every situation. China has fared vastly better due to one-party rule than India, a similar situation country but with democracy.

It's about how much democratic rights slow down all decision making. It's such a slow system having to give everyone a say, and that's a real cost in poor countries.
                                                                                                            So the only difference between India and China is their political system? Even for you this argument is hilariously specious.

Ireland was poor, now we're rich. By your logic every poor country should drink a load of Guinness. They'll be be rich in no time!

Also the question about which system is better is slightly more complicated than comparing GDP

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                              Ireland was poor, now we're rich. By your logic every poor country should drink a load of Guinness. They'll be be rich in no time!
                                                                                                              Or get their very own Stalin. Or Putin.

Comment

Batting looking hard for Ingerland too. Could be game on.

Comment

Standard of bowling today has been incredible
                                                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                    Heading off to see Young Dylan in Kilkenny will have to choose just one of the sports to watch in the car... first world problems

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                      I see how drink stockpiles appear in houses.
                                                                                                                      Apart from wine that I deliberately put aside due to being too young to drink, this never happens in my household!

Comment

Ruh, roh. Root rooted.

Comment

In Hitchs defence, not every dictatorship has been unsuccessful for both the economy or the people.

Singapore has been a very successful first world country under Lee Kuan Yew and subsequently some of his family members who have ruled since.

They have incredibly low crime rates, very high standard of living and even hosted discussions between NK & US.

It's the exception and I don't know enough about India so I can't say if their democracy is smoke & mirrors but the type of benevolent dictatorship applied in Singapore has clearly succeeded.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X