Irish Poker Boards
Irish Open 2018
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Gambling > General Gambling

Old 25-08-14, 23:22   #141
mdoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobman88 View Post
So what's the story with doing the bet online? Do we have to get onto support and request it?
Not in your account as a free bet? I got mine refunded at the time and my friend got it refunded earlier into his account. If it's not just get the reference number from your past bets and go onto live chat, will be done in minutes then
Old 25-08-14, 23:30   #142
dobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdoug View Post
Not in your account as a free bet? I got mine refunded at the time and my friend got it refunded earlier into his account. If it's not just get the reference number from your past bets and go onto live chat, will be done in minutes then
Just checked there. Free bet is in the account, cheers.

So do you want to go on the spin for me?? I have no idea how to spin it up and you turned 200 into 10k so may as well punt on what you decide.
dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-14, 23:59   #143
TonyCascarino

Quote:

So do you want to go on the spin for me?? I have no idea how to spin it up and you turned 200 into 10k so may as well punt on what you decide.
Details on this please Mr. McDoug.
TonyCascarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-14, 00:04   #144
mdoug

Quote:

Ah sure I have been trying to do that since 2007!! Not like I can do it everytime, probably spent 10k in all the shots I took haha

I went for an acca with my free bets just for a bit of a sweat.
Man Utd > Burnley FreeAccumulator
Sunderland Draw No Bet
Arsenal > Leicester
Celtic > Dundee
Charlton Draw no Bet
Man Utd > MK Dons
Barcelona > Villareal
Returns just shy of 5k but some not so certain fixtures in there for sure.. figured why not!! Still have nice bets on 3 of the dogs still going at very big prices on a few sites so the refund is just a bonus as never thought nidge would be out before quarters tbh

Was so close going City 3-1 in the free bet on bet365 earlier too
Old 26-08-14, 00:16   #145
dobby

Quote:
Ah sure I have been trying to do that since 2007!! Not like I can do it everytime, probably spent 10k in all the shots I took haha

Sunderland Draw No Bet
Arsenal > Leicester
Celtic > Dundee
Charlton Draw no Bet
Man Utd > MK Dons
Barcelona > Villareal
Returns just shy of 5k but some not so certain fixtures in there for sure.. figured why not!! Still have nice bets on 3 of the dogs still going at very big prices on a few sites so the refund is just a bonus as never thought nidge would be out before quarters tbh

Cheers, when is tbe the first of those fixtures? Will just lump on that
Old 26-08-14, 00:19   #146
mdoug

Quote:
Cheers, when is tbe the first of those fixtures? Will just lump on that
United mkdons is during the week so that'd be the first. Tuesday or Wednesday not sure which. Didn't check best prices or anything like that tbh. Just picked some games for the laugh, charlton a seriously dodgy one though seeing as they lost to 10 men at the weekend but just added them for a sweat.. same goes for united vs the mighty burnley obviously
Old 26-08-14, 00:19   #147
TonyCascarino

Quote:

Sunderland Draw No Bet
Arsenal > Leicester
Celtic > Dundee
Charlton Draw no Bet
Man Utd > MK Dons
Barcelona > Villareal

Ballymac vic, laughil Blake and who?
Old 26-08-14, 00:26   #148
mdoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyCascarino View Post
Ballymac vic, laughil Blake and who?
Droopys ward, when I posted up the results the first night I wrote down (impressive) next to him. Came back drunk later that night and threw a good bit on him haha, regretted it the morning after to be honest but am happy enough now

edit: looking at the current prices I am actually going to have to go again! Going to back kisses for cloda and tyler sugar ray for small enough e/w and an pretty decent amount on emers superstar e/w at 33/1 to make it 4 dogs I am rooting for for a big profit and the first 2 to break even. Emers should get through the next race so 33 seems very big if it's just the semi's and then make the top 4!

Last edited by mdoug; 26-08-14 at 02:24.
mdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-14, 00:28   #149
dobby

Quote:
United mkdons is during the week so that'd be the first. Tuesday or Wednesday not sure which. Didn't check best prices or anything like that tbh. Just picked some games for the laugh, charlton a seriously dodgy one though seeing as they lost to 10 men at the weekend but just added them for a sweat.. same goes for united vs the mighty burnley obviously
Charlton drew with Huddersfield the weekend. They play Derby in the cup midweek who they beat a week ago and Brighton next weekend aho they will not beat imo.
Old 26-08-14, 00:32   #150
mdoug

Quote:
Charlton drew with Huddersfield the weekend. They play Derby in the cup midweek who they beat a week ago and Brighton next weekend aho they will not beat imo.
Oh I missed the last few minutes. Had a bet on them pre match and saw huddersfield got a man sent off end of first half and then charlton were losing at 90+ so I stopped watching the updates and figured they lost(knew they didn't win). Only cup match in those bets is united, the rest are all league games. I don't know what I'm doing though so probably best to follow someone with a clue
Old 26-08-14, 00:45   #151
dobby

Quote:
Oh I missed the last few minutes. Had a bet on them pre match and saw huddersfield got a man sent off end of first half and then charlton were losing at 90+ so I stopped watching the updates and figured they lost(knew they didn't win). Only cup match in those bets is united, the rest are all league games. I don't know what I'm doing though so probably best to follow someone with a clue
Haha. I follow Charlton due to being born in the area and unfortunately they will not beat Brighton imo. I might just pick a few very short price bets and hope to get a return.

And yeah, their equaliser was like the 94th minute. Very very lucky.
Old 27-08-14, 21:08   #152
Dice75
Bringing the Mac

Just a QQ for those that might know. If I stick my free bet on something that's likely to be a non-runner, will they reimburse as another Free Bet or as cash?

2018 Live Irish Poker Rankings

Dice75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-14, 21:10   #153
NewApproach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice75 View Post
Just a QQ for those that might know. If I stick my free bet on something that's likely to be a non-runner, will they reimburse as another Free Bet or as cash?
Neither, you lose it.
NewApproach is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 27-08-14, 21:25   #154
Dice75
Bringing the Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewApproach View Post
Neither, you lose it.
How come?

Old 27-08-14, 21:30   #155
NewApproach

Quote:
How come?
Because when you back a non-runner, it is essentially treated as a winner at 1.0, i.e. you get your stake back and no more. When using a free bet, you aren't entitled to your stake back.
Thanks From:
Old 27-08-14, 21:39   #156
Dice75
Bringing the Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewApproach View Post
Because when you back a non-runner, it is essentially treated as a winner at 1.0, i.e. you get your stake back and no more. When using a free bet, you aren't entitled to your stake back.
Ah I see. Cheers C.

Old 27-08-14, 23:04   #157
NewApproach

Quote:
Ah I see. Cheers C.
NP. Arazi alluded to it above but the most +EV what to use free bets is to back outsiders (win only in the case of horses) truly priced at around 20/1 - 25/1. Any shorter and you give up value on the free bet (as a greater part of the normal return is withheld, being your stake) and any longer and you'll often fall foul of the favourite-longshot bias (essentially where outsiders are conservatively priced).
2 Thanks From:
Old 29-08-14, 23:44   #158
TonyCascarino

Quote:
Droopys ward, when I posted up the results the first night I wrote down (impressive) next to him. Came back drunk later that night and threw a good bit on him haha, regretted it the morning after to be honest but am happy enough now

edit: looking at the current prices I am actually going to have to go again! Going to back kisses for cloda and tyler sugar ray for small enough e/w and an pretty decent amount on emers superstar e/w at 33/1 to make it 4 dogs I am rooting for for a big profit and the first 2 to break even. Emers should get through the next race so 33 seems very big if it's just the semi's and then make the top 4!
So we nearly have identical kennels at this stage. Tyrur sugar ray should be a formality to get through to the semis after getting drawn in trap 1. His strike rate is phenomenal. If he makes the final of this years derby that will be 3 in a row. Pretty impressive he qualified from trap 6 last time out. My only reservation is does he have a big run left in him. He needs to find some more to really challenge but he's an incredible servant to his connections.

Kisses for Cloda has been very impressive. Hard to believe he broke his hock in two places and is now back at this level. The 50/1 before last week was amazing value.

There are a couple of more that have actually caught my eye for the ante post but it would be ridiculous for me to go in again. I think there will be sone juicy bets tomorrow night combining the derby and plate quarter finals. Finding the right combination or type of bet to put them in is obviously the challenge. However, the derby is so open that great prices are available if you fancy a dog. I might do a couple of lucky 15s myself.
Old 30-08-14, 19:34   #159
mdoug

I looked over my drunken bets of late and emers superstar is now my 2nd most profitable dog.. not really sure what I was thinking but a very big e/w bet at 33/1 done this week..

BALLYMAC VIC and KISSES FOR CLODA in the 1st
EMERS SUPERSTAR in the 2nd
DROOPYS WARD and LAUGHIL BLAKE in the 3rd(also found a fiver on deanridge in the bets)
TYRUR SUGAR RAY in the 4th.. makes tonight very interesting anyway!

If all go through I'll buy myself a bottle of 25 year old whiskey as it'll be perfect timing
Old 30-08-14, 20:16   #160
TonyCascarino

Apparently Michael fortune said in the indo today that laughil blake has a sore bone in his foot. He is my biggest winner if he does it, so I'm concerned with this news. Kisses for cloda os tempting at 9/4 on a scorcher of a heat tonight. El flutter is outrageously available at 12/1 but he's in a crazy heat. Very exciting quarters in prospect I have to say.

Irish Poker Boards > Gambling > General Gambling