Hand early in the storm no info on opponent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hand early in the storm no info on opponent

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 11 Tournament, 20/40 Blinds (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com/

BB (t5,070)
    UTG (t4,960)
    UTG+1 (t6,395)
    MP1 (t4,940)
    MP2 (t4,940)
    MP3 (t4,410)
    Hero (CO) (t5,790)
    Button (t3,425)
    SB (t5,120)

Hero's M: 96.50

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9, 6
    1 fold, UTG+1 calls t40, 1 fold, MP2 calls t40, 1 fold, Hero calls t40, 1 fold, SB calls t20, BB checks

Flop: (t200) 8, 10, 7 (5 players)
    SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 bets t80, Hero raises to t200, 3 folds, MP2 raises to t640, Hero calls t440

Turn: (t1,480) A (2 players)
    MP2 bets t4,260 (All-In),
    The smarter you play the luckier you'll be
    MTT Calender 2015

snapping surely?
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

If you insist on playing 96s in position, under no circumstance limp with it.. imo.

Comment

nh

Comment

Fold obv has J9

Comment

Is this a genuine question or a boast?

Snap call. You limp 96 and flop the 2nd nuts and turn the fd. The only decision to make here is how long do you slow roll for. Limping 96 in any position is a mistake anyway imo.

Comment

Think its fine to limp this so deep.never folding now probly just getting it in on flop,

make it like 14xx and snap a shove imo,
              “The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent.”

Comment

Just fold. He has J9

He doesn't do this with 1010,88,77,108,107 some 109s,108s, the odd limped JJ. It's not like this is the biggest fishfest that you can find anywhere on a Sunday. The flushdraw only adds a couple of % so not worth it even if he has the same hand as us.

If i was playing the hand though, i make it 320 when he leads flop for 80, and if i played it your way, i'm shoving over his 640 because people don't like folding in the Storm and you can get maximum value in the long run overjamming in these spots.

Comment

I wouldn't fold there for all the tea in China.
                  twitter
                  moneybookers

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                    Just fold. He has J9

He doesn't do this with 1010,88,77,108,107 some 109s,108s, the odd limped JJ. It's not like this is the biggest fishfest that you can find anywhere on a Sunday. The flushdraw only adds a couple of % so not worth it even if he has the same hand as us.

If i was playing the hand though, i make it 320 when he leads flop for 80, and if i played it your way, i'm shoving over his 640 because people don't like folding in the Storm and you can get maximum value in the long run overjamming in these spots.
                    So the only hand he can have is the nuts? If anything a set is more likely with his turn shove hoping we have the Ace.

Comment

really dont mind overlimping this in the storm as flushdraw said its the storm if we bink like this on the flop we are usually getting paid, obv snap now as per what everyone in the thread has said.

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                        So the only hand he can have is the nuts? If anything a set is more likely with his turn shove hoping we have the Ace.
                        flushdraw is obviously being sarcastic above, this is an obvious snap call, and you have more or less answered the reasons why yourself in your reply to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Norwichfanrob View Post
                          flushdraw is obviously being sarcastic above, this is an obvious snap call, and you have more or less answered the reasons why yourself in your reply to him.
                          Cheers rob, i'm still getting to grips with the humour around here. I still had to ask the question, i'm mad for learning.

Comment

Cheers rob, i'm still getting to grips with the humour around here. I still had to ask the question, i'm mad for learning.
                            Sorry, i presumed it was obvious. We can't put an opponent on 1 specific hand and fold. There's so many hands he can have (like all the ones i listed) and we pick up extra equity on the turn with the FD. The OP doesn't ask for info on how he played the hand, it just looks like a bad beat. We should be snapping the river shove and fist pumping as we do. We're obviously ahead of so many hands and there's no case for folding for fear of being sucked out on.

Comment

Is this a genuine question or a boast?
                              Genuine question

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                              Just fold. He has J9

The sarcasm went over my head too....i'm sure i'll get used to it

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                              Fold obv has J9
                              Was this sarcastic too or genuine

Any how i called v J,9 and lost but looking at the hand afterwards i thought maybe it was a bad call.....appreciate al the feedback and everyone seems to be in agreement that its a call
                              The smarter you play the luckier you'll be
                              MTT Calender 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Nuttkickker View Post
                                Genuine question

The sarcasm went over my head too....i'm sure i'll get used to it

Was this sarcastic too or genuine

Any how i called v J,9 and lost but looking at the hand afterwards i thought maybe it was a bad call.....appreciate al the feedback and everyone seems to be in agreement that its a call
                                Say the villain turned up with a set and you hold. Would you still have posted the hand? Probably not. You're letting the result cloud your judgement.

Some of the lads have responded with sarcasm because folding the second nuts here, with a redraw, is just plain barmy. Forget about the results and focus on the strategy. Don't post hands just because you lost. Post hands that you have difficulty with regardless if it went to showdown or not.
                                It's all an illusion

Comment

Working...
                                X