No announcement yet.

GAA Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could anyone give me any tips for paddy power for matches on tommorow? Have 8 quid on it and gonna try grind it up a bit. ?

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
      Could anyone give me any tips for paddy power for matches on tommorow? Have 8 quid on it and gonna try grind it up a bit. ?
      Read back a few posts on this thread, theres a few tips

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
        Kilkenny 4/5 (PP) v Tipp this weekend in the opening round of the hurling league. Think that KK will be well up for revenge after last September and Cody will be picking a strong team. The AI champions often fare badly in these sort of 'revenge' encounters, plus Tipp's pre-season tournament games amounted to a defeat by WIT while KK beat both NUIG and Laois and ran up decent scores. 4/5 a big price here imo.

Bit of a shaky start but once KK got going it was never in doubt. The 4/5 price disappeared by Thursday, hope a few got on. Great start to the hurling punting season

Comment

I took it tonight at 3/4 - probably a bit short but fancied the sweat.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
            Big bet on KK for me. A good friend has advised me of such, and he is in a good position to know.
            Ship ship

Comment

Kilkenny 4/5 (PP) v Tipp this weekend in the opening round of the hurling league. Think that KK will be well up for revenge after last September and Cody will be picking a strong team. The AI champions often fare badly in these sort of 'revenge' encounters, plus Tipp's pre-season tournament games amounted to a defeat by WIT while KK beat both NUIG and Laois and ran up decent scores. 4/5 a big price here imo.

Antrim 1/2 (PP) v Kerry. Short priced and away from home I cant see anything other than an Antrim win here against division 2 new boys Kerry. It wasnt so long ago that Antrim beat Dublin to qualify for the All Ireland Quarter Final.

A small bet on Dublin 9/5 (Will Hill) v Waterford. I havent been at all convinced of Waterford pre season, starting games extremely poorly before putting in decent second half performances. Dublin on the other hand beat Galway in a high scoring game that went to the wire. Its a tentative bet as Dublin dont have a great record at all in Walsh Park
              Good weekend, Antrim as expected did the business to add to last nights winnings on KK, Dublin-Waterford finished all sqaure, had Dub on the handicap at +4 so alls good.

Comment

Its the handicap betting in the hurling that interests me most this week.

Main bet is Wexford (+5) @ 11/10 v Waterford PP. Wexford will be smarting from their hiding in Galway and will also have the Ooulart the Ballagh lads back, Waterford are still operating on reduced capacity with injuries, older players rested and the DLS lads still involved in the club championship. Waterford will probably win, but 5 points is a big start in this weather, when games are often low scoring enough tight affairs, 11/10 a great price imo

Also worth a look is Dublin (+4) @ 10/11 v Tipp with PP. I'm wary of the Tipp bounceback, but Dublin were excellent particulary in the first half last week against Waterford, Daly had the players well drilled and it showed from the start. The game being in Croker is a disadvantage to Dublin, who remember beat Tipp last year in the league. With the 4 points the Dubs might very well sneak home

2 Division 2 bets I've looked at involving Northern teams. Down @ 8/5 v Kerry with PP , Down got off to a good start last week v Carlow and despite the long journey I'd fancy them here. Antrim 11/4 v Clare with PP - the game is on up North and Clare got off to a shocker last weekend shipping a heavy defeat against Limerick. I'll probably avoid backing this, as a Clare defeat means their league is effectively over and a third year in Div 2 in a row, this will probably spur them onto a win - but its tempting at that price

2 pts Wexford +5 @ 11/10
                1.5 pts Down @ 8/5
                1 pt Dublin + 4 @ 10/11

Comment

Big bet on Dublin +4 @ 11/10 vs Tipp with Ladbrokes, and a slightly smaller bet on them outright at 3s with the same firm for me this week.

Comment

Big bet on Dublin +4 @ 11/10 vs Tipp with Ladbrokes, and a slightly smaller bet on them outright at 3s with the same firm for me this week.
                    Job done

Comment

Cavan one time please

Comment

Its the handicap betting in the hurling that interests me most this week.

Main bet is Wexford (+5) @ 11/10 v Waterford PP. Wexford will be smarting from their hiding in Galway and will also have the Ooulart the Ballagh lads back, Waterford are still operating on reduced capacity with injuries, older players rested and the DLS lads still involved in the club championship. Waterford will probably win, but 5 points is a big start in this weather, when games are often low scoring enough tight affairs, 11/10 a great price imo

Also worth a look is Dublin (+4) @ 10/11 v Tipp with PP. I'm wary of the Tipp bounceback, but Dublin were excellent particulary in the first half last week against Waterford, Daly had the players well drilled and it showed from the start. The game being in Croker is a disadvantage to Dublin, who remember beat Tipp last year in the league. With the 4 points the Dubs might very well sneak home

2 Division 2 bets I've looked at involving Northern teams. Down @ 8/5 v Kerry with PP , Down got off to a good start last week v Carlow and despite the long journey I'd fancy them here. Antrim 11/4 v Clare with PP - the game is on up North and Clare got off to a shocker last weekend shipping a heavy defeat against Limerick. I'll probably avoid backing this, as a Clare defeat means their league is effectively over and a third year in Div 2 in a row, this will probably spur them onto a win - but its tempting at that price

2 pts Wexford +5 @ 11/10
                        1.5 pts Down @ 8/5
                        1 pt Dublin + 4 @ 10/11
                        The Wexford and Dublin bets landed handily enough, surpised that Down didnt win down in Kerry though.

Div 2 looking a little unpredicatable at the mo with Carlow beating Laois today as well, Antrim ran Clare to 1 point also

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                          Cavan one time please
                          wehg9qeurfiojkWFCKWMTVCOAD,'.WTU CANCOX

Comment

Result of the day NFL div 4

Kilkenny 0-0 Leitrim 3-18

lolz, the poor KK lads

Comment

Result of the day NFL div 4

Kilkenny 0-0 Leitrim 3-18

lolz, the poor KK lads
                              I was just looking through the results,and thought it was a misprint. Major lols.
                              I can't recall ever hearing of a team been held to no score before. They're nothing without the stick.
                              We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

How can they be that bad?

Comment

I wonder if the KK hurling team would beat the football team playing football. I'd say they would.
                                  Last edited by The Situation; 20-02-11, 19:45.
                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                    I wonder if the KK hurling team would beat the football team playing football. I'd say they would.
                                    It seems utterly bizarre that a team can go 60 mins without scoring a single point, no matter how bad.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                      It seems utterly bizarre that a team can go 60 mins without scoring a single point, no matter how bad.
                                      70 mins (+ whatever injury time)

Comment

70 mins (+ whatever injury time)
                                        Ah yeah of course, even worse!

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                          There has been many a final that finished 0-5 to 0-4 i won a south junior football medal on a scoreline of 0-6 to 0-5.

If you take winter conditions and a far superior team then i can easily see it happening. Its just rare that teams with such differing standards meet. Id say ive played games where we have scored 1/2 points and also at underage im sure i played a few games where we didnt score.

Hurling its never really happening outside underage as there will surely be one guy who can point a free from distance.
                                          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

I heard a story once, don't know of it's truthfullness, that the Kilkenny footballers are the best paid GAA players in the country, as almost every week they back the opposition on the handicap. Doesn't seem too far fetched.

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                              There has been many a final that finished 0-5 to 0-4 i won a south junior football medal on a scoreline of 0-6 to 0-5.

If you take winter conditions and a far superior team then i can easily see it happening. Its just rare that teams with such differing standards meet. Id say ive played games where we have scored 1/2 points and also at underage im sure i played a few games where we didnt score.

Hurling its never really happening outside underage as there will surely be one guy who can point a free from distance.
                                              I hear ya Enda, but in this case its 2 division 4 teams, its not like KK were out against Kerry or anything, also Leitrim scored 3-18 so conditions obviously werent terrible for scoring. It really is quite remarkable for a team to end up with no score.

Comment

It's so difficult to imagine such a mental scoreline though. I've been to alot of junior games that were very low scoring alright but as Kev said Leitrim managed a whopping score.

Just once during 70 mins,all it takes is a catch from a kickout,a pass and a shot.

I'd love to watch that game!
                                                Last edited by dannydiamond; 20-02-11, 23:56.

Comment

Louth 13/8 away to Tipp - small interest

Mayo 5/6 away to Galway - large interest

Cross to beat crokes 13/8 - large interest

Comment

Louth away to wex. Am on it myself

Comment

sorry yeah meant wex

Comment

Wex 0-11 Louth 1-12FT

Comment

:

Comment

A nice day's work. Missed the earlier games but tailed you on Cross.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Not a whole load jumping out at me this weekend in the hurling tbh.

Early glance just really shows Dublin - 2 @ evs v Offaly. Dublin are in flying form, playing really well and Daly has them well drilled as a unit as well. Conal Keaney a huge addition, and despite being away from home should overcome the 2 point handicap.

Will have a look at the other games closer to the weekend, especially Cork v Galway, reckon Galway @ 11/8 could be worth a pop here.

For now, just the 2pts on Dublin -2 @ evs with PP

Comment

Gonna take on Galway @ 11/8 and Galway +1 @ 11/10. I think Galway are looking decent and despite Cork's good second half against Kilkenny, I think that Galway will be well strong enough here, and should definitely be below evs favourites for this match

Tipp @ 4/9 v Waterford is practically free money imo. Waterford still with a badly weakened team due to DLS players given some well deserved time off, injuries and resting some of the older lads. Tipp at home and a must win for them they will oblige imo.

So a few singles and some doubles and a treble for shitzngiggles

Comment

is a dublin double in the leagues a worthwhile bet? to win outright?

Comment

Leitrim should be fav here imo.
                                                                    Can anyone give me a reason I should not put the tank on them?
                                                                    twitter
                                                                    moneybookers

Comment

6 new faces would have alarm bells ringing for me,that and the fact they haven't played a competitive fixture in 4 weeks would be enough to put me off.

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
                                                                        http://www.oddschecker.com/other-spo...rmanagh/winner

Leitrim should be fav here imo.
                                                                        Can anyone give me a reason I should not put the tank on them?
                                                                        meh there may be a small bit of value at 7/4 but not enough to justify lumping on the tank. Fermanagh have been poor this season but play a style that wont suit Leitrim - plus Leitrim havnt played a competitive game in over a month.

Bet isnt for me but obv its up to yourself

Comment

Not much standing out this weekend...
                                                                          Monaghan @ 15/8 v Down seems overpriced imo...
                                                                          The Dublin game should bring them on a lot, Cork made Down look average last weekend...!!

Comment

On another note Cork to beat Galway @ 1/5 is free money.
                                                                            twitter
                                                                            moneybookers

Comment

Originally posted by HappyasLarry View Post
                                                                              Not much standing out this weekend...
                                                                              Monaghan @ 15/8 v Down seems overpriced imo...
                                                                              The Dublin game should bring them on a lot, Cork made Down look average last weekend...!!

as a monaghan man you fecking mad imo, were rubbish this year, we will do nothing
                                                                              lay lay lay

Comment

Originally posted by Raheny Red View Post
                                                                                I have a customer from Fermanagh who knows his GAA. For the last few weeks he has kept on telling me to get on Donegal for Division 2 @ 9s. I haven't got a clue about GAA but wouldn't mind having a nibble, thoughts??
                                                                                MASSIVE BULLDOZER!

One f'ing time please!

Comment

A wexford, kildare, cork treble pays slightly over 6/4. Thoughts?

Comment

Looks pretty solid. Any team news or info on Kildare vs Meath?

Comment

A wexford, kildare, cork treble pays slightly over 6/4. Thoughts?
                                                                                      Easy game this GAA betting.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123
                                                                                        Was i lucky or was the teller being rash.

The last leg of a treble was Webb Simpson to bt Sergio Garcia in a '2-ball draw no bet' at 11/10 in the 3rd rd of the transitions. Simpson won the 2-ball but when i went to collect in pp i was told the golf part had lost because i wrote down 'mythical 2-ball dnb'.

That was the error here writing 'mythical 2-ball draw no bet' instead of '2-ball dnb'. Simpson was against Brendon De Jonge in the mythical 2-ball and lost that one.

I walked away from the counter reeling and ready to accept my mistake but i went back to query when i looked closely at the docket to see i had actually written 'to beat S. Garcia' and had the right price of the 2-ball dnb which differed from the mythical price.

I asked if he could get on the phone to the office and i thought i heard talk of paying a double and a single but eventually got settled as a treble.

I was acting at the time that i was lucky there mainly because my head was spinning. But i was just thinking afterwards that if his original opinion on settling was the difference of me writing '2-ball' or 'mythical 2-ball' then would he have settled if he had beaten De Jonge and lost to Garcia despite me writing 'to bt S. Garcia'?.
                                                                                        I woulda lumped on Kilkenny tbf

Comment

I woulda lumped on Kilkenny tbf
                                                                                          Damn sorry wrong thread. Should be called 'Jink-ball Betting thread'

Comment

Cork @ 5/4 V Tipp looks good this weekend. Cork at home, smarting from a close loss to Waterford last time out. Tipp with Eoin Kelly and Brendan Maher out injured are huge loss to them, also its questionable how much they will be in this game with the upcoming championship game between the 2 counties, whereas I feel Cork will be looking for some small psychological advantage to take into that game

I have a sneaking suspcision that Waterford might take KK this weekend. Its based on not much more than a hunch though and will have a small bet @ 11/4

Comment

Cork @ 5/4 V Tipp looks good this weekend. Cork at home, smarting from a close loss to Waterford last time out. Tipp with Eoin Kelly and Brendan Maher out injured are huge loss to them, also its questionable how much they will be in this game with the upcoming championship game between the 2 counties, whereas I feel Cork will be looking for some small psychological advantage to take into that game

I have a sneaking suspcision that Waterford might take KK this weekend. Its based on not much more than a hunch though and will have a small bet @ 11/4
                                                                                              i was going to argue kilkennys favour here

Last years all ireland final may have been miss priced in hindsight . . . but kilkenny went off 1.4 in the betting.
                                                                                              For the current all ireland kilkenny and tipp are 2.6 with cork and galway behind them and waterford at 20s.
                                                                                              Yet, its 1.4 kilkenny for their game against waterford

I know there are half back problems with tennyson and a few others out - but this looks like a decent bet no??
                                                                                              GAA News Website

Comment

Shefflin missing hurts them a lot. Uncharacteristic defensive blunders v galway. Waterford with dls lads back, Davy has made them resilient, kk deserved favs obv but won't be easy for them imo

Comment

Offaly, Down +5 and Limerick -6

Comment

Offaly, Down +5 and Limerick -6

Comment

Limk -6 seems a little much to me...

Have a treble on Dublin 4/9 (should beat Down in Croker), Clare 6/5 (coming off a good win and against Fermanagh who are missing 10 players) and Kerry U-21s @11/8 (underdogs owing to Cork hammering Tipp,but despite bias, I think this is a great bet)

Edit: Might throw Kerry @8/15 into the mix once I see what team we name and what handicap PP put down...I'd be fairly confident they'll win up there again.
                                                                                                      Last edited by ciarraithuaidh; 29-03-11, 10:18.
                                                                                                      "Ne jamais perdre sa passsionne...ou s'en, éloigner vite!!!!..EC

Comment

Originally posted by ciarraithuaidh View Post
                                                                                                        Limk -6 seems a little much to me...

Have a treble on Dublin 4/9 (should beat Down in Croker), Clare 6/5 (coming off a good win and against Fermanagh who are missing 10 players) and Kerry U-21s @11/8 (underdogs owing to Cork hammering Tipp,but despite bias, I think this is a great bet)

Edit: Might throw Kerry @8/15 into the mix once I see what team we name and what handicap PP put down...I'd be fairly confident they'll win up there again.
                                                                                                        Kerry U-21s were very unimpressive against Limerick fwiw.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                          Kerry U-21s were very unimpressive against Limerick fwiw.
                                                                                                          Unimpressive? I wouldn't say that now...took time to get into their stride, but 3-15 when you throw in a missed penalty and they ease off when game is over halfway through the 2nd half...There's not a hope in hell that Cork backline (4 of last years minors in it) will contain the Kerry forward line to any large degree, plus Kerry's best forward Barry John Keane will be back for the final, so like i said, I'll be taking the 11/8 on.

Comment

Unimpressive? I wouldn't say that now...took time to get into their stride, but 3-15 when you throw in a missed penalty and they ease off when game is over halfway through the 2nd half...There's not a hope in hell that Cork backline (4 of last years minors in it) will contain the Kerry forward line to any large degree, plus Kerry's best forward Barry John Keane will be back for the final, so like i said, I'll be taking the 11/8 on.
                                                                                                            Did you see the game?

Limerick were terrible, they had no midfielders and their only decent forwards spent most of their time looking for ball in their own half back line.

Kerry's forwards were very, very average. Barry John Walsh was decent and the guy playing wing-forward from Legion was good as well. The rest of them were pretty poor. Some of the kicking was atrocious, and I'd be very surprised if Cork's backs were as bad as Limerick's.

I know all about Barry John Keane since he's my first cousin

EDIT: Kerry definitely didn't ease of in the last quarter, that's when they tacked on most of their scores.

Comment

I just spoke to BJK, and he's pretty circumspect about their chances.

Barry John Walsh could be injured for it, which as he puts it himself "would be a big blow".

They could still win obv, BJK should be close to unmarkable at u21 level, I'm just advising not to let the scoreline against Limerick sway you because it wasn't a great (even a good) performance by any stretch.

Comment

Yes, I was at the game, i thought O'Brien and the other wing forwrd Fitzgerald weren't great, but O'Brien has potential to improve and has been in great form this year for Kenmare & UCC. You havent mentioned Paul Geaney either...2-5? He's had better games but he is in good form and high on confidence. BJ Walsh was sluggish, but once he got going was better than ive seen him in a while, he would be a big loss if he's out. Daithi Casey was good out the field, kind of the sacrificial lamb in that respect as he's better close to goal, but i suspect this was in preparation for the Cork game. Look, these games are not to be judged face up, only on the period after the team really get going, they will always be a lot more tuned in for the next game and will have more work done....that being said, it does bring me to one drawback, the manager is someone I have no faith in tactically....I seem to remember him having little faith in your cousin as a minor for example, and look at him now!

Still feel they can do it if they don't let Cork get 60%+ at midfield...

Comment

Am still going anti-Kilkenny this weekend. I was up at the game on Sunday and both Waterford and Kilkenny were no great shakes. Throw in more injuries to key players for the Cats, Dublin needing to win to keep in the league race, and surely not able to hit the wides they did last Sunday, I think Dublin +3 @ 10/11 is a steal. And Dublin to win @ 2/1 also worth a punt.

Comment

For what its worth, this is my longshot attempt. I stick to what I know, so it usually involves just GAA and/or Rugby.
                                                                                                                    Kerry (-2) v Monaghan - Evens. Strong Kerry team named, in good form, should win here.
                                                                                                                    Tyrone (-1) v Kildare - 4/5. Tyrone pushing hard for promotion and should win @ home.
                                                                                                                    Armagh (-2) v Galway - Evens. Galway are awful, Armagh at home should have too much.
                                                                                                                    Racing Metro to beat Bayonne - 7/5. Good price is due to Racing's poor away form,but they have 2 wins out of last 3 away lately, the loss being away to Biarritz when they led for most of the game..they hammered Toulouse last week in Paris and Bayonne are in disarray having been hammered by 30 points by rivals Biarritz. I think this is great value in the circumstances.

€20 returns €345.60....we'll see what happens shur!

Comment

Am still going anti-Kilkenny this weekend. I was up at the game on Sunday and both Waterford and Kilkenny were no great shakes. Throw in more injuries to key players for the Cats, Dublin needing to win to keep in the league race, and surely not able to hit the wides they did last Sunday, I think Dublin +3 @ 10/11 is a steal. And Dublin to win @ 2/1 also worth a punt.
                                                                                                                      Hmm..sounds dodgy to me. I know Walsh & JJ Delaney are missing from KK half back line,but they have Brian Hogan back which is a big plus. Also Dublin are now missing their entire half back from last years championship..Joey Boland & Stephen Hiney especially are an incalcuable loss to them.

I'd never back against this KK team anyway to be honest though so maybe Im biased.

Comment

For what its worth, this is my longshot attempt. I stick to what I know, so it usually involves just GAA and/or Rugby.
                                                                                                                        Kerry (-2) v Monaghan - Evens. Strong Kerry team named, in good form, should win here.
                                                                                                                        Tyrone (-1) v Kildare - 4/5. Tyrone pushing hard for promotion and should win @ home.
                                                                                                                        Armagh (-2) v Galway - Evens. Galway are awful, Armagh at home should have too much.
                                                                                                                        Racing Metro to beat Bayonne - 7/5. Good price is due to Racing's poor away form,but they have 2 wins out of last 3 away lately, the loss being away to Biarritz when they led for most of the game..they hammered Toulouse last week in Paris and Bayonne are in disarray having been hammered by 30 points by rivals Biarritz. I think this is great value in the circumstances.

€20 returns €345.60....we'll see what happens shur!
                                                                                                                        Loving that accumulator tbh!

Comment

Galway @ 8/11 v Waterford and also Galway -1 @ evs v Waterford are easily the stand out bets of the weekend imo.
                                                                                                                          Apart from home advantage to Waterford, everything else is stacked in Galway's favour - Waterford missing key scoring players Richie Foley (hamstring) and John Mullane (honeymoon), and considering how they struggle to score at the best times its a big big loss for them.
                                                                                                                          If Galway win they are in the league final and they'll also have a point to prove after the big defeat at home to Tipp last time out, throw in the return of Joe Canning and its stacked for a big Galway score.
                                                                                                                          Finally Galways record against Waterford in the league is very good, winning the last 6 on the bounce and 19 out of 28 overall.

Am gonna stick a few quid on Galway -3 @ 13/8 as wel actually.

If you do fancy Waterford to spring an upset, then backing Dublin for the league title @ 16/1 is a nice bet, Dublin best placed to benefit should Galay lose and those 16/1 odds would shrink drastically if they did obv

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X