value spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

value spot

This is from yesterday's 6 max game. Blinds 200 / 400, I'm playing about 12k which is around average. Not sure what image I have at this point but had been quite tight earlier and then got more active.

CO - playing about 6k, classic irish late middle age drooler, limps loads and has no concept of stack size dynamics - will later call fold a raise while playing 4 bbs.

SB - playing about 14k, younger irish drooler, limps lots and donk bets a ridiculous amount, not sure what his range is when he does but he's spewey and is kind of fella who will over value top pair middle kicker.

I raise to 900 utg with 99

co flats, villain sb calls

Flop 10h 9h 4x

Sb donks for 750

I flat to give them both a bit of rope

CO minraises to 1500, sb calls quite quickly.

Back to me, how do I best get all the loots?
    Last edited by 8611; 27-10-13, 10:37. Reason: made a balls of post

info on villan 1 was later yeah,so presume you're thinkin hes committed with 1500 of his 6k in.
    I,d prob make it 3.9k or sumthing, such a draw heavey board i'd imagine you,re getting called or shoved on either way. you findining the fold button if flatted & shoved on on a heart turn??
    villan 1 types always give me a lol, you just feel like taking them aside and sayin 'you know if you call there for 70% of stack you cant fold the river'

Comment

Is villain 1 the 6k guy or the 14k guy. HH is confusing(you say villain 1 calls in CO then later you say he donks flop). I probably just jam now - doesn't sound like these guys are folding top pair or a reasonable draw. I'd raise the donk lead too. Guy donks for 1/4 pot on that type of board? Fuck him. You cant count on the other mongoloid to do your raising for you

Comment

Sorry made a balls of post, have tried to correct it there, posting from phone

I didn't raise the donk bet as I wanted co to push and felt if I'd raised there I risked scaring both of them off, possibly not optimum but against these kind of players it's different

Would prob never fold to a third heart once I raise flop given structure of game

Comment

Originally posted by 8611 View Post
          Sorry made a balls of post, have tried to correct it there, posting from phone

I didn't raise the donk bet as I wanted co to push and felt if I'd raised there I risked scaring both of them off, possibly not optimum but against these kind of players it's different

Would prob never fold to a third heart once I raise flop given structure of game
          ok on the edited post with the short stack min raisin fairly good spot to push, the 6k stack is saying hes commited the the other guy might level himself into callin too with whats in the pot.
          & then sigh when fish rivers da .

Comment

I like the flat & i think shove now is the best way to exploit SBs tendancy to overvalue top pair. There's alot of bad turn cards, not in the sense they improve opponents hand but can shut him down totally. I think just calling again would be the worst option because it checks through alot on the turn.

Comment

What do people think of the relative merits of shoving vs just raising, in terms of what the other two will think of the strength of my hand? Which actually looks stronger?

Just calling is obviously not an option given the wetness of flop

Comment

Originally posted by 8611 View Post
                What do people think of the relative merits of shoving vs just raising, in terms of what the other two will think of the strength of my hand? Which actually looks stronger?

Just calling is obviously not an option given the wetness of flop
                With so many droolers surely every flop is gonna be wet?

Comment

Hope you got fucked in the hand referring to fellow players as droolers.

Comment

In fairness, I deserved to but didn't, particularly given I managed to make a balls of the first post calling them droolers

Comment

All in, all day. Would have r/gii first time around.
                      "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Yeah I shipped when it came back to me but they both folded, was wondering should I just have raised but thought that would look super strong, thought the ship might look like I was pushing a draw

Anyhow glad to see the consensus was ship was the right move. Raising the original donk bet also viable I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                        X