Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've a nice €1 e/w lucky 15 going well - Overtune (placed) Solwhit (won) Russian War and Chicago Grey... two more wins and I'm laughing!

Extra win bet on Chicago too. Plus have small e/w's on SunnyHillBoy, Saint Are, ForPaddyDePlaster and Weird Al too

The sun's shinning... anything can happen!

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
      Teaforthree please and thank you.
      +1.

Comment

My donations this year are:

Rare Bob
        Balthazar King
        Big Fella Thanks
        Treacle

Wee bets on Ninetieth Minute and Weird Al.

More money for the bookies no doubt.

Comment

my bets are

on his own

imperial commander

padytheplasterer e/w

Comment

Imperial Commander and Join Together.

Comment

my donations: forpadydeplasterer, rare bob and teaforthree
              airport, lol

Comment

Just a small bet on Rare bob @50/1

Comment

1pt ew Lost Glory 66/1

Comment

Soll
                    Roberto Goldback
                    Becauseicouldntsee
                    Seabass
                    My quick pick numbers, good luck to all.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                      1pt ew Lost Glory 66/1
                      hope ure rite elshambles...got him in d draw here in d pub...ha....sunnyhill boy me thinks...

Comment

Hello
                        I do not normally bet on horses but I did bet on the grand national today, I bet 3 weeks ago and I just saw today the horse is not running and I did not get a refund. Is it normal for the betting site not to refund if you bet on "ante-post"? feel stupid for throwing away €50 on a horse that doesn't even race

Comment

Originally posted by gameswhore View Post
                          Hello
                          I do not normally bet on horses but I did bet on the grand national today, I bet 3 weeks ago and I just saw today the horse is not running and I did not get a refund. Is it normal for the betting site not to refund if you bet on "ante-post"? feel stupid for throwing away €50 on a horse that doesn't even race
                          You should get it back but prob not till after the race
                          airport, lol

Comment

ante post money is gone unless it was nrnb, I'm not the best for this so someone could come along and correct me but that's how I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                              You should get it back but prob not till after the race
                              no it is no longer on my past bets, I went on to the live chat and they said I will not get it back as it was placed in ante-post and it is gone. I placed it on paddypower on the 19th of march, really disappointing as I am not the richest haha

I know now I should have looked for "nrnb" I am just curious how common this is or have they just tried to shaft me for my €50

Comment

late 1.5 pts on Tfor3 @10/1 to stop myself being annoyed at not backing him earlier

feckin horses

Comment

good luck all Didn't have a bet on the national for fisrt time in years so I don't care who wins, hopefully you all get some returns

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                    Anyway I'll be wasting my money on

Chicago Grey 14/1
                                    Saint Are 50/1
                                    Auroras Encore 80/1
                                    nice shout

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                      Teaforthree please and thank you.
                                      Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                      +1.
                                      Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                      late 1.5 pts on Tfor3 @10/1 to stop myself being annoyed at not backing him earlier

feckin horses
                                      close, but was dead at the end!!

Comment

nice shout
                                        It was the one PP wouldn't lay too. They knew.
                                        Last edited by The Situation; 06-04-13, 15:31.
                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                          close, but was dead at the end!!
                                          Knew I was right not to back the... ooooh wait...

Nice touch Sit!

Comment

Who came 6th? i had e/ws on betvictor 6 places.
                                            Had the winner 5e/w,
                                            had 2nd and 3rd in another tricast, pity i didnt put the winner in since i backed him, trifecta was £9700 to 1! happy with the win anyway.
                                            EDIT: found it-
                                            racing post have full results up just now, http://www.racingpost.com/horses/res..._tabs=ANALYSIS
                                            Last edited by badugi; 06-04-13, 15:44.

Comment

Originally posted by badugi View Post
                                              Who came 6th? i had e/ws on betvictor 6 places.
                                              Had the winner 5e/w,
                                              had 2nd and 3rd in another tricast, pity i didnt put the winner in since i backed him, trifecta was £9700 to 1! happy with the win anyway.

EDIT: found it-
                                              racing post have full results up just now, http://www.racingpost.com/horses/res..._tabs=ANALYSIS
                                              FYP

Comment

2 e ew on oscar time @66/1 how much back for that? Mia had it done. Colm also did same bet.

All she wants to know is has she enough for new football boots lol
                                                Her sky-ness
                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                  2 e ew on oscar time @66/1 how much back for that? Mia had it done. Colm also did same bet.

All she wants to know is has she enough for new football boots lol
                                                  €35

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                    Neil Channing? - http://www.bettingemporium.com/ (You need to register which is free to view the tips)

He had an awesome start to proceedings with a 10-1 winner in the first race yesterday but hasn't had much luck since.

Opr
                                                    Since I know nothing about horses I signed up to his site and took one of his final three picks, his other one came in third. Anyway 'rare bob' wasn't even mentioned by the commentators, I thought he hadn't started but he ended up fifth so I won 1/4 on him. Sweet. I think it's fair to say Channing knows a bit about this stuff. I recommend betting emporium...so far.
                                                    hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by jazzyfish View Post
                                                      bailey green 2.15 cockney sparrow 5.10 i really like seefood in the 1.45 even doh out of form this year but hopefully the good ground will be be good for him also backing top weight cantlow think he s the classy horse in the race

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                        +1

Comment

got some fright when checked and a winning bet was paid at a fraction of what i expected!!

paid me 32 instead of 320- off by 1 decimal place. Rang betvictor to tell them get there shit together and when asked why it isnt automated and settled by computer they said they were settling bets manually! fuckers nearly scammed me over.

Comment

got some fright when checked and a winning bet was paid at a fraction of what i expected!!

paid me 32 instead of 320- off by 1 decimal place. Rang betvictor to tell them get there shit together and when asked why it isnt automated and settled by computer they said they were settling bets manually! fuckers nearly scammed me over.
                                                            Did u have a winner?

Comment

Have heard good word for Fantasy King in 4.50 today at curragh. Have backed it ew at 6/1.

Also interested in All Aquest in the first, he was a n/r the last day in a hot maiden meaning they like him enough to enter, breeding not the best but respect the stable.

Comment

Its one of the busiest gambling days of the year - I highly doubt they were trying to scam you, just a simple human error due to large workload that was corrected when you brought it to their attention..

The biggest concern I would have is that this process is not automated!

Comment

Have heard a whisper for Supreme Carolina today, Disappointed connections lto and out to make amends today with Ruby onboard. Limerick 3-05. 7/2 gone but still 3s

Comment

Originally posted by RBBlogger View Post
                                                                    Its one of the busiest gambling days of the year - I highly doubt they were trying to scam you, just a simple human error due to large workload that was corrected when you brought it to their attention..

The biggest concern I would have is that this process is not automated!
                                                                    Back-end of BetVictor fancy browser GUI?

Comment

Have a few quid on Asiya in the 16.50 at the Curragh, expected to place today. A horse I've won quite a few quid in the past so hoping for the place at least today.

Comment

had to back lady wingshot in the 15.20 way over priced

Comment

Originally posted by jazzyfish View Post
                                                                          had to back lady wingshot in the 15.20 way over priced
                                                                          had a little nibble on a old pal of yours lilys angel in this.
                                                                          Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by amberleaf View Post
                                                                            had a little nibble on a old pal of yours lilys angel in this.
                                                                            what i heard ill puke if he wins best of luck anyway

Comment

Comment

No bets so far for me today. Couldnt really find anything i'd like to punt on ...Laying the favs in the last races in Limerick & Curragh instead for small amounts. Haven't done it in a while...I know the form of Hudson Bays 3rd LTO has held up very well. Just think its a hot race and is worth taking on at odds on. Think the 2nd fav may well beat Grecian Tiger in Limerick but wouldnt be super confident.

GL me
                                                                                Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Thefonze View Post
                                                                                  Have heard good word for Fantasy King in 4.50 today at curragh. Have backed it ew at 6/1.
                                                                                  Wouldn't like to know what a bad word looks like. Out to 17's on the machine before the start

Edit - Lol, second. WP

Opr
                                                                                  Last edited by Opr; 07-04-13, 16:00.

Comment

Also interested in All Aquest in the first, he was a n/r the last day in a hot maiden meaning they like him enough to enter, breeding not the best but respect the stable.

Unlucky that looked like he was coming to win it.

Comment

New Academy big price in this delayed Hexham bumper. Worth a ew poke.
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Any news onRyan Mania yet? The highs and lows of the game..

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                                                          Have a few quid on Asiya in the 16.50 at the Curragh, expected to place today. A horse I've won quite a few quid in the past so hoping for the place at least today.
                                                                                          do you get money back for refusing to race?

Comment

Close and unlucky to be honest, not sure why it drifted so badly in the betting today but i shall look to find out. Nearly a nice pay day but at least a profit.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                                              Any news onRyan Mania yet? The highs and lows of the game..
                                                                                              Last post I saw on it - Mania "kicked between the shoulder blades moving all limbs" according to ATR

Comment

Mania has just tweeted..."all is good"
                                                                                                D15 CASINO, Mulhuddart Village (opp Blanchardstown shopping centre)

Comment

Originally posted by westlife View Post
                                                                                                  Mania has just tweeted..."all is good"
                                                                                                  probably still locked after last night, shouldn't have gone near a horse today
                                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

do you get money back for refusing to race?
                                                                                                    Money is gone anyway, it was sporting bet Australia I bet with. Is this the general rule when a horse refuses to race?

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                                                                      Money is gone anyway, it was sporting bet Australia I bet with. Is this the general rule when a horse refuses to race?
                                                                                                      Once they come under starters orders yes.
                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                        probably still locked after last night, shouldn't have gone near a horse today
                                                                                                        I'm sure his friends and family are grateful for your concern

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                          Once they come under starters orders yes.
                                                                                                          Ah well, might fire them off an email or a phonecall later, 2 friends got a bonus bet back on bet365 and the other got his full bet back on PP

Comment

weeeeee tenner trixie for me today in gowran park which has good racing ground for the first time in a while,in the 4.40 Urano @ 4/5,Rodriguez @ 7/1 in the 5.45,had a nice win in dundalk latest,goes well on the ground & has Geraghty booked for the first time,plenty of dangers of which most have their best form on soft/heavy,Afatcat @ 7/2 in the 7.15 again meeting good racing ground for the first time(Ebazziyr a interesting newcomer here)
                                                                                                            anyways pays just under the 12 hundred for the 40 invested.good luck all
                                                                                                            Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Punching should be fav(currently 5/1) in the 15.30 at Southwell, on an incredibly low mark compared to what he was(fairly prolifically) winning off at this track in the past, probably time to hang up the hoof shoes if he cant win this now.
                                                                                                              Last edited by The Situation; 09-04-13, 10:32.
                                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

pull the pin big danger stepping back up to 6. Nailed on revers f/c IMO

Comment

Pull the pin looks to be within the handicappers grips, not much to suggest he's a progressive type. Be more concerned with Mary's Pet, sole run at the track was decent albeit a weakish race. If Punching runs anywhere close to what he's capable (or at least was) on the track he wins handily.
                                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Black Caviars half brother goes for $5M

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-04-0...g-sale/4618712

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                      Pull the pin looks to be within the handicappers grips, not much to suggest he's a progressive type. Be more concerned with Mary's Pet, sole run at the track was decent albeit a weakish race. If Punching runs anywhere close to what he's capable (or at least was) on the track he wins handily.
                                                                                                                      Awful start meant we didn't get to see how things might have gone. Caught up to the pack before the end but eased off when realised he had no chance of placing.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                        Taken from bbv - roll up.
                                                                                                                        If you get some numbers and require a private forum to work out details, etc give us a shout.
                                                                                                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

first time seeing this

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                                                          Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X