Do you fold Aces pre?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you fold Aces pre?

After reading other thread about AK being an auto shove when small stacked on the FT bubble I want to pose a hypothetical question....

Its the WSOP ME and 10 left with the Nov 9 and all its Kudos awaiting

You have 12BB and in 9th place atm and in the BB with next highest above you with 15BB. The Button is a top pro ie Alan Cunningham and he just got Aces cracked crippling him 2 hands ago and he shoved next hand with less than a BB and was called and won and he now has ~4BB. Folded to the button and he shoves again....SB is CL and he shoves and remains seated as button stands up.....Do you Call with AA or fold hoping button loses and you are a November 9 ?

Not so much do you or would you?

With the pay jump and likely sponsorship and added perks for 4 mths I am afraid I would fold here..sad but true...the only time i would consider it....

Call. If sb wins you still get 9th place money. If button wins and you beat sb you'll still be in and with a larger stack. Both of them need to crack your aces with the button beating the sb to leave you fucked which is really unlikely.

Comment

Level?

Comment

lol

Comment

I call

Comment

2+2 would explode when this would be aired. The negatives of you looking like such a shit player would stick with you for longer than making the final 9. Anyway who remembers who came 7th 8th 9th etc... the last few years i dont anyway.
            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

The drunken one has had one too many Morgans

Comment

If you are folding aces to a shotie button shove and an isolate from the sb, I doubt you will be getting any sponsorship, even if you are ft of the wsop ME

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                  After reading other thread about AK being an auto shove when small stacked on the FT bubble I want to pose a hypothetical question....

Its the WSOP ME and 10 left with the Nov 9 and all its Kudos awaiting

You have 12BB and in 9th place atm and in the BB with next highest above you with 15BB. The Button is a top pro ie Alan Cunningham and he just got Aces cracked crippling him 2 hands ago and he shoved next hand with less than a BB and was called and won and he now has ~4BB. Folded to the button and he shoves again....SB is CL and he shoves and remains seated as button stands up.....Do you Call with AA or fold hoping button loses and you are a November 9 ?

Not so much do you or would you?

With the pay jump and likely sponsorship and added perks for 4 mths I am afraid I would fold here..sad but true...the only time i would consider it....
                  Leaving aside the specific scenario the only time you fold aces pre is if it is +EV to do so. the only time that could really happen is in a bubble or money jump scenario where there are multiple all in's and a couple are sure to be eliminated (or as good as).

Comment

The thought would cross my mind. Being one of the 9 has got to be worth a few 100k in perks. Ultimately I would feel too dirty doing it.
                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                      The thought would cross my mind. Being one of the 9 has got to be worth a few 100k in perks. Ultimately I would feel too dirty doing it.
                      Its only worth a small fraction of what it was in previous years after BF. Actually probably worth fuck all in comparison

Comment

is this a piss take seriously ?

Comment

Folding Aces pre on EPSN would be awesome, Hellmuth esque.
                          Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                          I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                          None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                            Its only worth a small fraction of what it was in previous years after BF. Actually probably worth fuck all in comparison
                            Yeah but if you make the 9 you might get on the Late Late Show.
                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                              2+2 would explode when this would be aired. The negatives of you looking like such a shit player would stick with you for longer than making the final 9. Anyway who remembers who came 7th 8th 9th etc... the last few years i dont anyway.
                              Youll never be forgotten if you fold AA on the final table bubble of the wsop main event.

Comment

Originally posted by markc View Post
                                Leaving aside the specific scenario the only time you fold aces pre is if it is +EV to do so. the only time that could really happen is in a bubble or money jump scenario where there are multiple all in's and a couple are sure to be eliminated (or as good as).
                                I have folded AA 2 times....and both times were on the ticket bubble in satellites with a healthy stack and both in two 3 way all ins. I don't think i could ever fold them in any other situation.....

Comment

if i was the big stack id shove with as bad as a hand as possible and hopefully lose
                                  id want to maintain the bubble for as long as possible and pound the table and accumulate chips
                                  if i folded the aces here id never play poker again
                                  rediculous threads like this get so many replys and decent posts dont begging and staking site with some trolling shoved in imo

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                    if i was the big stack id shove with as bad as a hand as possible and hopefully lose
                                    id want to maintain the bubble for as long as possible and pound the table and accumulate chips
                                    if i folded the aces here id never play poker again
                                    rediculous threads like this get so many replys and decent posts dont begging and staking site with some trolling shoved in imo
                                    Why don't you leave then?

Comment

What about the old chestnut.

100 player event, 1st-99th gets $10m last place dies.

1. Do you enter

2. do you fold the Aces to a covering stack where calling and winning guarantees the cash

Comment

Originally posted by ferg View Post
                                        I have folded AA 2 times....and both times were on the ticket bubble in satellites with a healthy stack and both in two 3 way all ins. I don't think i could ever fold them in any other situation.....
                                        That's one scenario where anything but folding would be atrocious

Comment

Why don't you leave then?
                                          I occaisionlly stake the odd donkey i play poker and i am on the laptop a lot.
                                          and on occaision i give advice

Comment

1. Do you enter

2. do you fold the Aces to a covering stack where calling and winning guarantees the cash
                                            id do it for 100k

Comment

1. Do you enter

Is it allin or fold, or a proper tournament?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                Is it allin or fold, or a proper tournament?
                                                WSOP structure

Comment

WSOP structure
                                                  Where do i sign up. I'd 100% play

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                    Where do i sign up. I'd 100% play
                                                    Would you play without knowing who else signed up? Like you could be sat with 99 of the best in the world. I'd value my life more than 10mill.

Comment

1. Do you enter

Open shove every hand.

Comment

Sponsorship possibilities LOL.
                                                        Besides Poker companies who the fk sponsors Poker players? Shitty beer and energy drink companies and fuck all else thats who and they certainly are not shelling out 100's of K to do it. I'd say the november 9 this year would be lucky to get 100K in extra sponsorship between them TBH. There is no value to companies throwing money at these guys.

Comment

thanks for the comments all.....some interesting viewpoints, eloquently put at times and appreciated....will crawl back now to my Vodka (dont like morgans)

a simple scenario and 2 pages of responses in a couple hrs !!

actually have learned something as well

Comment

Ask Flipper.
                                                            We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

I'd get them in with 88 and A 10 there and I'm a nit

Comment

Its bein a while..
                                                                ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                                                                I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

2 pages of responses
                                                                  Worst post in this thread

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                    Open shove every hand.
                                                                    Till you get snapped by the Aces and be left with 5 or 10bb and then the whole table calls your next shove and you've to beat 18 cards for your life

Comment

DrunkenOne, I understand what you were trying to do, and create a hypothetical situation where you fold AA pre.
                                                                      But shortie button shove, and SB isolate is not it. In fact, this is prob the most +EV situation to have AA.

Maybe if you were shortie and there was 4 all-ins ahead of you from guys with evenish stacks, you could fold knowing you are getting 3 pay jumps
                                                                      It's worth something small, getting a double up on he FT bubble is worth a few million in EV
                                                                      Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                      Would you play without knowing who else signed up? Like you could be sat with 99 of the best in the world. I'd value my life more than 10mill.
                                                                      Prob not, 10mill is relatively less to them. Prob sitting with 99 degens with nothing to lose

Comment

Hehe November 9ers 9th-3rd place are not even remembered! You'll be remembered as the pussy who folded the pre flop nuts for some limelight, 2+2 troll jizz would literally be stuck to you forever!
                                                                        http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
                                                                        http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

1. Do you enter

What a sick game lol.. epic! Shove every single hand for the entire tournament and you are almost guaranteed nobody will call. Only way to do it imo. Unless there's some real sicko on your table, who wants to risk it all when he finally wakes up with AA.. Wouldn't be me though.

I'd fold AINEC, barring some disgusting shortie situation, where people are waiting for me to bite the bullet and I can't survive another round. Who would call you here though.. they would want a fairly cold heart to be the guy who had another man killed.
                                                                          "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Till you get snapped by the Aces and be left with 5 or 10bb and then the whole table calls your next shove and you've to beat 18 cards for your life
                                                                            Do you call with the AA there? Around a 20% chance you die if you do. Think I'd fold and wait for a lunatic like you to take the chance for me.

Same question with 10 players?

Comment

#39
                                                                              OK ....I am pissed atm and gonna spout off a bit here....

In my life I look for the 2 for 1 bargains in the shops with the money the wife gives me after I give it to her at end of month

My poker is a grind at small stakes but sometimes get opportunities to play with the big boys at IPO IWF and soon the waterford masters

I am lucky that I have a woman who lets me away at these weekends and any money I bring back I give to her which allows me to return to events and try again to ping a decent win

In the IWF a couple yrs ago I was in awe and honoured to be playing at a table with Nicky power, Marty Smyth and Paul leckey and others and nitted myself down to a couple of blinds for a €3,000 cash after getting a package for €50

I know it wasnt the right plays...I know it wasnt 'POKER' but I also know €3000 was a fucking lot of money for me

different situations requires different plays and I will always try and do whats best for me at the stage I am at that time

I am being honest insomuch at this stage in my life I fold aces there in theory as the extra money means soooo much......If i was at the table and the cards are in my hands maybe its different and likely I get it in ......I just dont know TBH

All I know is that my priorities in life is not poker theory but being happy

ATM I am very happy as I am looking forward to a 'free' weekend at waterford masters as I have set aside 'winnings' for it along with giving the wife enough to keep her placated allowing me to go away in my ventures

in conclusion i say...fold the aces?

well with a few too many vodkas in me I cant really say .................

jeez i gonna regret posting this in the morning

Comment

#40
                                                                                OK ....I am pissed atm and gonna spout off a bit here....

In my life I look for the 2 for 1 bargains in the shops with the money the wife gives me after I give it to her at end of month

My poker is a grind at small stakes but sometimes get opportunities to play with the big boys at IPO IWF and soon the waterford masters

I am lucky that I have a woman who lets me away at these weekends and any money I bring back I give to her which allows me to return to events and try again to ping a decent win

In the IWF a couple yrs ago I was in awe and honoured to be playing at a table with Nicky power, Marty Smyth and Paul leckey and others and nitted myself down to a couple of blinds for a €3,000 cash after getting a package for €50

I know it wasnt the right plays...I know it wasnt 'POKER' but I also know €3000 was a fucking lot of money for me

different situations requires different plays and I will always try and do whats best for me at the stage I am at that time

I am being honest insomuch at this stage in my life I fold aces there in theory as the extra money means soooo much......If i was at the table and the cards are in my hands maybe its different and likely I get it in ......I just dont know TBH

All I know is that my priorities in life is not poker theory but being happy

ATM I am very happy as I am looking forward to a 'free' weekend at waterford masters as I have set aside 'winnings' for it along with giving the wife enough to keep her placated allowing me to go away in my ventures

well with a few too many vodkas in me I cant really say .................

jeez i gonna regret posting this in the morning
                                                                                \thread

Comment

#41
                                                                                  ...
                                                                                  Fold and shortie busts = $782,115 guarantee
                                                                                  Play and SB busts you = $782,115 payout
                                                                                  Play and win = All the loots in vegas

You are already at the point where your winning life changing money no matter what, surviving is no longer worth a whole lot. Time to go for chips

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                    Fold and shortie busts = $782,115 guarantee
                                                                                    Play and SB busts you = $782,115 payout
                                                                                    Play and win = All the loots in vegas

You are already at the point where your winning life changing money no matter what, surviving is no longer worth a whole lot. Time to go for chips

agree .......I never folding aces at this stage in this 'WSOP ME'

free punches in the nose to all if i ever do it..

silly scenario ....

sobering up

GOD BLESS TEA

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Folding on the money bubble is far more relavent and I'd probably do it. As Mellor said one you get top 10 the money is huge and an extra jump isn't that big of a deal. However a jump form nothing to $19k is huge to alot of people.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        my song

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Thread glossary help...

What do the following stand for?

BF
                                                                                          CL
                                                                                          FT

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Originally posted by jules909 View Post
                                                                                            Thread glossary help...

BF
                                                                                            CL
                                                                                            FT
                                                                                            BL = Black Friday.
                                                                                            CL = Chip Leader & FT = final table? Just guessing lol haven't seen the relevant posts with them in it.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Thread glossary help...

BF
                                                                                              CL
                                                                                              FT

BF= best friend
                                                                                              CL= chain letter
                                                                                              FT=Fuck that

Her sky-ness
                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

#48
                                                                                                paul lucey deals with this kinda scenario n his latest blog on the bubble of a main event satt in vegas.
                                                                                                it doesn't end well

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Thread glossary help...

BF
                                                                                                  CL
                                                                                                  FT
                                                                                                  The in context above BF was black friday (when Tilt went Tits)
                                                                                                  But written like B/F it means bet/fold, where you bet with the intentions of folding to a raise

Comment

#50

I would fold AA only in 2way pot in bubble ticket tourment if one of then cover me

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Hi again

Originally posted by Vituperio View Post
                                                                                                      I would fold AA only in 2way pot in bubble ticket tourment if one of then cover me
                                                                                                      I meant multuway pot of course

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c764J...eature=related

Dont be a pussy, make it rain. You have AA FFS

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                        X