Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Gambling > General Gambling

Old 07-08-14, 13:43   #1
Arazi

NIDGE

Droopys Nidge is a tremendous bet to win the Irish Greyhound Derby @ 12/1.
In a test of speed he is clearly the fastest in the lineup by some considerable distance and possesses superior early gears than most of his rivals. He'd have been favourite for any of the last 10 Derbies IMO and this one looks to be a weaker than normal affair. I'd personnally have him about 7/2.
The sponsors Boyles have a tremendous special where up to a max stake of 100 euro they refund (as a free bet) if your antepost bet is eliminated in the first 3 rounds - this means they'll refund on 114 of the 138 starters. If Nidge makes the final 24 he'll be around 2/1.

PS this starts tonight so I reckon the offer will be gone after today, 8pm.

Last edited by Arazi; 07-08-14 at 13:46.
Arazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-14, 13:54   #2
Theresa
lwaysone

Had a bet at 10's.

Thanks Arazi.
Old 07-08-14, 14:19   #3
shanboghted

ya he's a machine will defo be on him also like Holdem Spy at 20's huge pace when running on very unlucky in the English derby.
shanboghted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-14, 14:32   #4
Arazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanboghted View Post
ya he's a machine will defo be on him also like Holdem Spy at 20's huge pace when running on very unlucky in the English derby.
Holdem is a very fast dog, a bit dopey thou. The other one I like at the price is Emers Superstar, and I've had something small on Vulturi but for me DN is head and shoulders the best in it.
Old 07-08-14, 15:42   #5
MayoPokerTour

Cheers op, Can't see any betting for this outright, only heats?

Mayo's longest running and most successful pub poker league. Teach O'Hora, Kiltimagh every Wednesday night, entry €20. Re-entry €20.
MayoPokerTour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-14, 14:21   #6
Mike

Where is that special mentioned? Cant see it on the site

edit: found it, nevermind
Mike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-14, 15:43   #7
MayoPokerTour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Where is that special mentioned? Cant see it on the site

edit: found it, nevermind
I cant see it either, help would be appreciated

Mayo's longest running and most successful pub poker league. Teach O'Hora, Kiltimagh every Wednesday night, entry €20. Re-entry €20.
Old 07-08-14, 15:47   #8
shrapnel
chevauche moi sur le côté, Kylian

the offer description is in the promotions section

and the irish derby betting is in greyhounds/ future greyhounds
shrapnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-14, 15:50   #9
shrapnel
chevauche moi sur le côté, Kylian

if he does get knocked out, can someone advise us non dog racing followers, as the refund is as a free bet and they usually only last a week.

much appreciated
shrapnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 07-08-14, 15:51   #10
MayoPokerTour

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrapnel View Post
the offer description is in the promotions section

and the irish derby betting is in greyhounds/ future greyhounds
ta, found it. i presume by putting on a bet i automatically get the money back deal? Apologies not much of an online gambler on racing

Old 07-08-14, 19:54   #11
luckforsome
Wing King

...of course I seen this after 8pm...I checked paddy power and betting unavailable...will it be back on tomorrow do you think?...
luckforsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-14, 20:29   #12
Arazi

Yeah for sure. Price could be shorter as some of the fancied ones have run poorly (Nidge doesn't start until Sat night) and possibly the offer may no longer apply.
Thanks From:
Old 07-08-14, 20:44   #13
dobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arazi View Post
Yeah for sure. Price could be shorter as some of the fancied ones have run poorly (Nidge doesn't start until Sat night) and possibly the offer may no longer apply.
Hey Arazi, I never back dogs so I've no idea what to look for. I followed the instructions in here earlier to place the bet. Anyway, where should I be looking for updates? Or will you be posting an update after the race here? I assume if he wins this place will be buzzing but I'd like to keep updated on my phone in work all weekend. ty
dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-14, 21:21   #14
Arazi

The first rd is this week, thurs and sat, where there are 23 heats with the top 4 progressing (a couple of 5 to qualify heats including one where the third fav outright was eliminated tonight). This gets it from 138 dogs down to 96.

Then it's 3 to qualify from 6 every night afterwards, 96 to 48 to 24 (quarters) to 12 (Semis) to the final 6.

The second rd is split over thurs and sat of next week and then it's every Saturday after that. The final will be Saturday 5 weeks.

The heats will be live in the betting shops or igb.ie have a mobile app where u can open an account and bet €1 to watch a race.

If u like I'll update after he runs each week.
4 Thanks From:
Old 07-08-14, 21:23   #15
Arazi

Updates on igb.ie
Go to the results section and check Shelbourne Park or else the Talking Dogs section will have previews and reports.
Thanks From:
Old 07-08-14, 21:46   #16
mdoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobman88 View Post
Hey Arazi, I never back dogs so I've no idea what to look for. I followed the instructions in here earlier to place the bet. Anyway, where should I be looking for updates? Or will you be posting an update after the race here? I assume if he wins this place will be buzzing but I'd like to keep updated on my phone in work all weekend. ty
He wasn't racing tonight but the 4th favourite is gone after a serious injury and 2nd favourite barely got through with a poor 4th place

For anyone on Droopys Ridge then Race #3 @8:10 on Saturday, Trap 6 in the lovely black and white striped. Anyone on Holdem Spy is race #1 trap 6 too

edit to add, in agreement with tony above - was contemplating ballymac vic myself but figured I'd be a sheep

Last edited by mdoug; 07-08-14 at 21:52.
mdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 07-08-14, 22:06   #17
TonyCascarino

Yeah have ballymac vic myself with a low level of confidence. Also on tyrur sugar ray and a speculative punt on priceless lassie. She's a novice and the value is well and truly gone. In for the craic though. Although history don't favour da bitches yo.

Last edited by TonyCascarino; 07-08-14 at 22:10.
TonyCascarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-14, 22:22   #18
Arazi

Hi Tony,
I've no problem with anyone disagreeing with my opinion, it's obvious that all of the odds compilers are in disagreement but I take exception at you saying that anything I've said is misleading.
On all known form Nidge is the fastest dog in the Derby by a considerable way. He starts and he stays.
There are 138 entries, 100 plus can't win it, they only serve to eliminate contenders when they get it wrong.
IMO (which is what I said) Nidge has a 20% plus chance of winning based on his clocks, running style and indeed potential to improve beyond what he's already done, that's 7/2 - 4/1.
What price would u see him being at the 1/4 final stage given he only runs to what he's currently shown? Is my projection misleading?
Outside of the He Said So derby (this was the one with Maldini, Marco & Westmead Hawk) where he may still have been Fav which Derby do you think he'd have not been Fav?

Last edited by Arazi; 07-08-14 at 22:41.
Thanks From:
Old 07-08-14, 20:41   #19
Strewelpeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckforsome View Post
...of course I seen this after 8pm...I checked paddy power and betting unavailable...will it be back on tomorrow do you think?...
Probably the first day in months that I haven't looked in here all day FFS!
Old 07-08-14, 21:34   #20
Jam-Fly

Any guesses when betting will be available again for this? Assuming the refund promo isn't available any more, what price would you say is still +EV? Cheers for the tip Arazi.
Jam-Fly is offline   Reply With Quote

Irish Poker Boards > Gambling > General Gambling