Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tracker

Icebuster (Kempton 19.30) - Unlucky LTO over 1f longer. Didnt jump out too well..didnt have clearest of runs but finished like a train and was only beaten by a head.Horse is usually held up so draw is not too much of a disadvantage but obviously not ideal so as long as Atzeni can bounce him out and get a good position the horse has a big chance.13/2 availabe at the moment..expect it to go off around 8's. Small e.w bet.
    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

looks like plenty of support for The Four Elms in the Limerick 7.10,won this last year off a mark of 63 and will be running off 75 but has ran well at the track in the past,has had a spin hurdles last month finishing well down the feild and again with conor hayes booked back on the flat,the fav here is Benbecula for Carmody/Murtagh whos best form is on the aw,plenty of rain last night with the going now soft,yielding to soft in places which the four elms has ran well on in the past,give it a poke of 20 quid @ 5s on the nose(one non runner with 7 left in)but wouldn't back @ 4s or less tbh
      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by amberleaf View Post
        looks like plenty of support for The Four Elms in the Limerick 7.10,won this last year off a mark of 63 and will be running off 75 but has ran well at the track in the past,has had a spin hurdles last month finishing well down the feild and again with conor hayes booked back on the flat,the fav here is Benbecula for Carmody/Murtagh whos best form is on the aw,plenty of rain last night with the going now soft,yielding to soft in places which the four elms has ran well on in the past,give it a poke of 20 quid @ 5s on the nose(one non runner with 7 left in)but wouldn't back @ 4s or less tbh
        good shout. cheers, have him in a treble with another 4/1 up
        so its onto PAt Mustards shout- Icebreaker 7:30 now for the treble to win.
        also have Refactor 20/1 as a back up plan in 7:30.

yikes photofinish just pipped, what a finish by Niceofyoutotellme missed a nice 4,4,8 treble.
        Last edited by badugi; 11-04-13, 18:35.

Comment

Good shout amber

Comment

Originally posted by badugi View Post
            good shout. cheers, have him in a treble with another 4/1 up
            so its onto PAt Mustards shout- Icebreaker 7:30 now for the treble to win.
            also have Refactor 20/1 as a back up plan in 7:30.

yikes photofinish just pipped, what a finish by Niceofyoutotellme missed a nice 4,4,8 treble.
            yuck thought he was getting up too

Comment

just looked back at the race there,was very close indeed.Atzeni did just about everything right only to get done on the line.see that ger lyons is sending Lily's Angel to Kempton to contest the listed fillies stakes on saturday (3.15)
              good points are shes race fit,has great form is on the all weather with wins at dundalk & Meydan and the september handicap in Leopardstown,and is gary carrolls only booking of the day
              not so good points,best form is on a left handed track,this looks very competitive with plenty of dangers lurking,still worth a look on the day.

Get today's racecards for horse racing in Ireland, the UK and overseas featuring in-depth data, form, betting odds, tips and expert analysis.
              Last edited by amberleaf; 11-04-13, 22:34.
              Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

[QUOTE=So, any interest in 10 guys chucking in 1k - 1.5k each to buy a horse in the upcoming breeze up sales in Goresbridge to race this summer? Closest thing to instant gratification you can get in horsesales & ownership? Maybe pm interest - if we are close to getting numbers we can make it happen..[/QUOTE]

Id be interested in persuing this if its happening...was disappointed the pinnk horse fell through..

Comment

Short but money for O Gorman in the sprint at lingfield is interesting. If you want to see the most blatant stopping attempt of 2013 in Britain watch his previous race. Although it was so obvious that the money could be just from punters guessing today is the day.
                  Profit before people.

Comment

Saw it alright , I am not sure but I think the winner was trained by o gormans previous trainer! Had him on the radar for a while last year and let me down a couple of times , once for a huge treble.
                    Isn't the most reliable as he often is unruly before the start and breaks slowly but new trainer seems to have improved him on that front.should be good enough to beat these if breaking well.
                    Fanning stopping Rezwaan 4 runs back was worst of 2013 IMO !

Comment

might be worth having a little nibble on First Friday in the 7.15 in fundalk,got no sort of run last time out when traveling well in a 14 runner field,off the same mark over course and distance this evening.just the 8 runners in this so less chance of a hard luck story,and backed into 5/1 from 6/1 this morning.Pivotal Rock (6/1) won this last year off when rated 71(slow enough time),is rated 62 these days but all his runs since were over a shorter trip and his best form by far is over this distance at this track in effect looks very well treated on old form at least.plenty of dangers,General Bunching might be a little too far up the ladder,Carried seems to be still learning his trade,Golden Clubs who is the 5/2 fav almost landed a mini gamble last time out but drops back in trip today.just did a score each way on first friday @ 5/1 with a tenner reverse forecast with first friday & pivotal rock,hopefully get a return.looks like a old pal of ours might be out on tuesday,best wait for final decs and *jockey bookings*,see what the story is.
                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

muharrer 4.05 nap doncaster 15.30 hitchens
                        Last edited by jazzyfish; 13-04-13, 11:13.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzyfish View Post
                          muharrer 4.05 nap doncaster 15.30 hitchens
                          Nice 14/1 e/w start, bring on the main course.......

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                            Nice 14/1 e/w start, bring on the main course.......

Comment

2 nice ew prices well done

Comment

hope thing s go better today 2.35 the united states nap
                                3.05 windsor palace nap
                                3.40 snowqueen nap

Comment

Maybe you two don't know how it works but we all blindly follow Ye and rub money on titties. When Ye disagree it makes things difficult.
                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                    3 naps?

Personally couldn't have Snow Queen or Windsor Palace today. Quite like Hint Of A Tint & Alpinist
                                    i like your picks but i have to stick with these have these a few weeks now usually reliable

Comment

Originally posted by jazzyfish View Post
                                      hope thing s go better today 2.35 the united states nap
                                      3.05 windsor palace nap
                                      3.40 snowqueen nap
                                      jazzy, utmost respect for your record but the second 'nap' was a pacemaker?
                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                        jazzy, utmost respect for your record but the second 'nap' was a pacemaker?
                                        Off the top of made head I think

he was a pacemaker when he beat St Nicholas Abbey previously.

Comment

small each way on Greatest @ 12/1 in the 6.15 Leopardstown for me today,this is just his 8th run and was well backed last time out over a mile a few weeks ago when ridden by murtagh(murtagh had 3 rides that day,2 of which were well backed,none won).today has niall McCullagh on board,(has 3 bookings at the meeting with just one for this trainer who in turn has one other horse running today)he's taking a very big step up in trip to 1m6f here with a rating of 66,tbh could finish last as well as first but with the Combination trainer/jockey booking/step up in distance/rating think its worth a score each way @ the odds with the price guaranteed.good luck all.

see our old pal I.S. might be worth a look tomorrow with paddy getting the nod.
                                          Last edited by amberleaf; 15-04-13, 10:35.
                                          Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

see that willie mullins runs Unika La Reconce in the 4.00 in kempton with wooobie on board,outside of the big meetings,doesn't send many over worth a look i suppose.
                                            Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

see that willie mullins runs Unika La Reconce in the 4.00 in kempton with wooobie on board,outside of the big meetings,doesn't send many over worth a look i suppose.
                                              We've been through this before here Amber, his record outside Chelts on British tracks is very poor. Could well win but if that's your sole line of reasoning I'd suggest reassessing the race.
                                              Profit before people.

Comment

just a little unusual is all,but agree wouldn't back her @ 3/1 not to mind the 5/2 on offer now.i use a degree of reference x 12 (at least).fwiw i've 3 bets done today with the the biggest on Rafi De Triana in fairyhouse for 40 win,think the 9/2 is too big to walk away from in this company.a tenner each way @ 16s in the 5.55,and a tenner each way on Romeo Americo in the 4.35 kempton @ 16/1 with reference to his second in the lanzarote hurdle off 3 lbs lower,could be a little value there.
                                                Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Looking forward to tomorrow's Beverley card. Always plenty of punting opportunities especially over the 5 furlong distance. Caranbola looks like a bit of early value in the 16.20 race. Her form when drawn higher than stall 6 over c&d is 5 wins and 1 second from her six runs. Such an unreal bias towards the higher stalls that still isnt fully factored into pricing giving the profit you'd show by simply backing the highest stall in every sprint race. Over the past six years only 8% of winners have come from the bottom third of the stalls in 5 furlong handicaps at Beverley with the % increasing the higher your drawn. Fav tomorrow is in 3 which no matter how bright a prospect you're always hugely up against it in a large field here drawn that low.

It's only Caranbola's first run of the season which would usually make me proceed with caution unless the horse had previous decent form first time out but the yard is flying at the minute and Brittain really seems to have her stable at it from the get go this season. If the current good to firm ground holds up it would be another bonus as most of her winning form is on ground good or >. Upshot is I'd be amazed if she starts at 7/1. Got to get in early for whatever edges there is at these tracks.
                                                  Last edited by The Situation; 17-04-13, 08:04.
                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                    Looking forward to tomorrow's Beverley card. Always plenty of punting opportunities especially over the 5 furlong distance. Caranbola looks like a bit of early value in the 16.20 race. His form when drawn higher than stall 6 over c&d is 5 wins and 1 second from his six runs. Such an unreal bias towards the higher stalls that still isnt fully factored into pricing giving the profit you'd show by simply backing the highest stall in every sprint race. Over the past six years only 8% of winners have come from the bottom third of the stalls in 5 furlong handicaps at Beverley with the % increasing the higher your drawn. Fav tomorrow is in 3 which no matter how bright a prospect you're always hugely up against it in a large field here drawn that low.

It's only Caranbola's first run of the season which would usually make me proceed with caution unless the horse had previous decent form first time out but the yard is flying at the minute and Brittain really seems to have his stable at it from the get go this season. If the current good to firm ground holds up it would be another bonus as most of his winning form is on ground good or >. Upshot is I'd be amazed if he starts at 7/1. Got to get in early for whatever edges there is at these tracks.
                                                    Good preview. You has PM.

Comment

Hey Sitch,
                                                      I had the fav down for a very strong bet if his next run was over a stiff 5. however I feel he is totally underpriced as all of his good runs are on at least soft and as you have stated the draw is a big negative. He was leading a decent field a merry dance to a furlong out at Donny the last day over 6f so hopefully he will finish well behind your lad and will be a nice price the next time ground /draw are more favorable.
                                                      Agree with you about Mel Brittain, have always followed his horses when the stable hits a bit of form, its a pity De Sousa is at Newmarket he has an unbelievable strike rate for the yard.
                                                      best of luck

Comment

Jamaican bolt NR- ground Big R4

Comment

was going to have a look at first friday again this evening at dundalk but after looking back at last weeks run again not sure what to make out of it & going to leave it.just a small e/w on the bolger trained Something Graceful in the 7.50 @ 8s,not much racing behind and has mainly raced on turf,given the stable form could be well treated from the bottom of the ladder.also worth noting that wayne lordan has just the 2 bookings today,the first in 3 year old sprint in newmarket on board Clancy Avenue,the other is his only ride in dundalk in the 8.20 which is a maiden over 1m2f on board the unraced Addictedtoprogress,both for tommy stack,wont be backing this evening but might be one for the tracker.
                                                          Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Yikes, explains the betting. Pretty sure I did something similar at Chester last season. Old habits ect...
                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Interesting few days ahead for the Hannon stable, both Toranado and Olympic Glory getting runs out at Newmarket and Newbury, he says (not that his word is that trustworthy) that he isn't keen on sending both to the guineas, betting suggests it may be Toranado but personally thought OG's 2yo form was the stronger, pushing Dawn Approach fairly close and franking that form elsewhere. Think it would be odd not sending him particularly if the ground comes soft. Pains me to say it put Dawn looks like he has to be taken on at current prices.
                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Tracker

HAWKEYETHENOO (15.30 Newmarket) - My old friend ....runs well fresh and 5/1 is available at the moment. Small bet on him but owes me nothing

Comment

I was at a race meeting with the owners of Mystery Bet before Christmas and they told me to look forward to this day, because they certainly were.

Stoute/Moore hotpot is odds on and rated 83. MB is rated 82 and is now available at 6's in a 7 runner affair.

(fwiw I think Master Ming is a stupid price but I don't have the ready info which the market seems to have on it.)
                                                                  To accumulate enduring wealth, do not lend to grasshoppers.

Comment

Pretty classy from Toronado, has progressed a serious amount over the Winter, explains why Hughesy was bullish that he's his ride for the 2000.
                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Sprinter Sacre confirmed runner at Punchestown... going to be a busy week!
                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I've a few tickets for Punchestown on Wednesday - can go to a good home i.e. you must be active for at least 6 months and have 200 or more posts.
                                                                        I might need some for Wed, won't know until Monday or maybe later tonight if arguments for or against are persuasive enough to get a final decision
                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I've a few tickets for Punchestown on Wednesday - can go to a good home i.e. you must be active for at least 6 months and have 200 or more posts.
                                                                          Any thing for Tuesday

Comment

Lively Baron has got a lot going for him for a 25/1 shot in the Scots National tomorrow.
                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

I don't suppose you have a couple of Friday ones hanging around??

Comment

pin landed on Godsmejudge (14/1) & Monsieur Cadou (12/1) with a lot of boxes being ticked for the scottish grand national in ayr.as sitch posted Lively Baron looks very big @ 25s,only irish trained runner is Lion Na Bearnai @ 50/1 won the irish grand national last year but will have to break almost every trend in the book (including being irish trained)to win.stuck with Godsmejudge & Monsieur Cadou with pp(paying 5 places) for 20 e/w for interest.
                                                                                Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Tracker

KRUZHLININ (14.30 Bangor) - should win this race but will probably be short

SWEET MY LORD (16.45 Tramore) - had him backed in leopardstown the day he fell and am pretty sure he was going to win that day only for the blunder. Has course form and think he'll take all the beating...will probably be too short in a race like this though but we will see

PEPITE ROSE (15.15 Ayr) - pretty sure i put this one up on here LTO but got done on the line. Will try and get some money back

Comment

worth noting that yorkshire based trainer david o'meara has just the one horse running in ireland with Doc Hay in the woodlands Stakes (3.55) naas and is also Tudhopes only booking of the day.also the first time the horse has raced in ireland in 30 odd starts,has a history to run well fresh,and wont be out of depth here,6/1 and worth a little e/w in a open looking race.
                                                                                    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Not a tip. Just a tid bit of info
                                                                                      But the brother reports from a pub in Kildare town that some of Prendergasts stable lads there and report Qasser 9/2 in the 5.05 Naas to be in fine fettle and one of them just done his teeth yesterday(whatever that involves!).
                                                                                      Last edited by rounders123; 20-04-13, 15:10. Reason: meant to say 9/2 instead of 6/1

Comment

pin landed on Godsmejudge (14/1) & Monsieur Cadou (12/1) with a lot of boxes being ticked for the scottish grand national in ayr.as sitch posted Lively Baron looks very big @ 25s,only irish trained runner is Lion Na Bearnai @ 50/1 won the irish grand national last year but will have to break almost every trend in the book (including being irish trained)to win.stuck with Godsmejudge & Monsieur Cadou with pp(paying 5 places) for 20 e/w for interest.
                                                                                        Very well done amber

Comment

Punchestown looks likes it may be a festival for the mud larks, plenty of rain forecasted, course already pretty bad from all accounts. Might have to take a chance again with Reve De Sivola at 8's, apparently Solwhit hasn't recovered as well as he did after Aintree as he did at Chelts.

Am I crazy thinking Pandorama might surprise a few in the gold cup? Thought his comeback run at Cork showed a bit of potential. You'd imagine there'll be a few in the field that may show signs of weariness after the long season. Think something at a big price will figure.

Final Furlong Pod should do a preview imo, make it happen
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                            Punchestown looks likes it may be a festival for the mud larks, plenty of rain forecasted, course already pretty bad from all accounts. Might have to take a chance again with Reve De Sivola at 8's, apparently Solwhit hasn't recovered as well as he did after Aintree as he did at Chelts.

Am I crazy thinking Pandorama might surprise a few in the gold cup? Thought his comeback run at Cork showed a bit of potential. You'd imagine there'll be a few in the field that may show signs of weariness after the long season. Think something at a big price will figure.

Final Furlong Pod should do a preview imo, make it happen
                                                                                            I know the connections of Pandorama. They've always felt the horse needs a run to get fitness back. Cork run wasnt too bad. But Noel was expecting better (Meade) Obviously has had its problems and they still think he wouldn't be 100%. whether he could trouble some of the big guns even at 100% is another debate. But I certainly wouldnt be backing him with that info

Comment

preview of Punchestown on tg4 in 10 minutes if anyone is intrested.with a repeat on sunday

TG4 will screen a preview of the Punchestown Irish National Hunt Racing Festival on Saturday night, 20st April at 9.10pm with a repeat showing on Sunday evening, 21st April at 6pm. The preview features visits to the stables of Dessie Hughes, Willie Mullins and Tony Martin. The magazine style preview will also have a feature by Marietta Doran on the latest fashion trends ahead of the festival.
                                                                                              Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

3 tenner each way jobbies for me today in cork hopefully find a little value

going with Pairc Na Leasa @ 16/1 in the 6.40,3rd last time out at the track over a furlong shorter,loads of dangers including De Benno(who won when Pairc Na Leasa was 3rd),Sherika & Whiskey And Rye with a few others but has bryan cooper booked for the first time this evening.

Never Complain @ 8/1 in the 7.10 to take on Dougal Philps(5/4),dougal philps hasn't shown much but came back to life last time,didn't seem to battle to see out the trip when finishing 3rd,tbh could end up hacking up here.

in the 7.40 throw in ted dolly @ 12/1,recent form is poor,but has ran very well at cork in the past,turning over Pique Sous here last year.has geraghty booked again this evening which could be hint given the history(of the 4 rides in the past it reads 2-2-1-ur, with the unseated rider in a novice chase)off 114(beat Pique Sous when rated 112) might have chance.
                                                                                                Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

3 winners in an e.w. lucky 15 (two 4/1s, 7/1) .need my ole friend Mezzotint to at least place in the next at Windsor to make it a good day. Pray for Pat...ah just seen its a NR, come on SP FAV!!!
                                                                                                  Last edited by Pat Mustard; 22-04-13, 17:22. Reason: didnt know it was a nr

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                                                    3 winners in an e.w. lucky 15 (two 4/1s, 7/1) .need my ole friend Mezzotint to at least place in the next at Windsor to make it a good day. Pray for Pat
                                                                                                    N/R

Comment

3 winners in an e.w. lucky 15 (two 4/1s, 7/1) .need my ole friend Mezzotint to at least place in the next at Windsor to make it a good day. Pray for Pat

NR im afraid

Comment

Way Up In The Air wont last at 11/2 for Cork tonight. Could start half that price.

Also think Darwins Fox will win on the same card.
                                                                                                        Pretty sick didn't do the ew double, went on 2 singles and straight double, I thought Way up in the air was cantering home, didn't jump last well and couldn't find anything!

Comment

3 winners in an e.w. lucky 15 (two 4/1s, 7/1) .need my ole friend Mezzotint to at least place in the next at Windsor to make it a good day. Pray for Pat...ah just seen its a NR, come on SP FAV!!!
                                                                                                          the 4/1 fav won though?! 4winners?

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                                            Pretty sick didn't do the ew double, went on 2 singles and straight double, I thought Way up in the air was cantering home, didn't jump last well and couldn't find anything!
                                                                                                            Samesies.

Comment

Originally posted by badugi View Post
                                                                                                              the 4/1 fav won though?! 4winners?
                                                                                                              yep just over 2k for 30

Comment

William Hill have been fantastic for accommodating at the bigger meetings this year. Credit were it's due
                                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

just a fiver each way trixie for me in punchestown

3.40 Zest For Life @ 4/1,won this back in 2010,trained by enda bolger & put in a good 3rd behind mossey jeo last time under todays jockey.

3.55 Tasitiocht @ 8/1,trained by willie mullins,first time in a handicap.might have a shout off 124.

6.05 Wrath Of Titans @ 6/1,Moyle Park is the 7/4 fav here,take a chance with w.o.t. given the weight he's getting(17lbs in total),won his point to point by 66 + lengths on soft/heavy,and described by connections as "a classy horse"

worth about 2.5k if they all happen to turn up,good luck all
                                                                                                                  Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

My uncle was over in Duke's yard and Duke told him his runner in the bumper has every chance, gonna be a decent price too so maybe a small ew.

Gonna do Champagne Fever and Sizing Europe w/o SS gotta recoup

Comment

Need RTW placing here or it could be a long week.
                                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Excellent, bad signs going down tbf.
                                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

fosters cross and gold turtle

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X