No announcement yet.

Snooker betting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hawkins look huge at 3/1 in some places. Really looks up for it and Ronnie's safety is a mess.

Comment

Selby v Baird on Eurosport is very tense, 4 frames in a row from Baird to tie it up 11-11.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
        Selby v Baird on Eurosport is very tense, 4 frames in a row from Baird to tie it up 11-11.
        Selby just falling apart

Comment

I think Trump will always be too brittle to win a World Championship, when it comes to the frames that are 30 points each and all the colours on cushions he'd be a dog to just about anyone. And you have to win a lot of those frames at the Crucible.

Comment

Random questions that I should know the answer to after watching for so many years.

Do players get to use the same table for the first 3 rounds, i.e., is the top half of the draw one table and the bottom half of the draw the other table.
            Or does it swap around from game to game, or even from session to session within a game?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
              How does Joe Johnson get it wrong so often and still have a job?
              I just think they have a soft spot for him but aside from not seeing shots and being all over the place id listen to him every day over Virgo and Taylor. And occasionally he has surprising insights and would say non pc stuff that the bbc guys would never.

Comment

Ah here Dennis is class. Virgo and Thorne are rubbish.

Comment

Oh yeah Thorne!. Ah i suppose Dennis isnt the worst, quite inoffensive. But i used hate he way he overused the work 'snick' in recent years. I hardly even watch the BBC coverage at all, always Eurosport.

Comment

I think Trump will always be too brittle to win a World Championship, when it comes to the frames that are 30 points each and all the colours on cushions he'd be a dog to just about anyone. And you have to win a lot of those frames at the Crucible.
                    From a quick search you might enjoy this read AJ ...

World Snooker Championship 2016 FAQ: http://www.zawtowers.org.uk/Writing/...nookerfaq.html

So which is table one and which is table two?
                    Table one is the right hand table as you look on the television – table two the left. Table one houses the number one seed and the top half of the draw, table two houses the number two seed and the bottom half of the draw.

Comment

Incredible standard from both Barry and Ronnie in today's play.

Opr

Comment

On Sullivan's safety is very loose though. Won't go far if he doesn't shore it up.

Comment

On Sullivan's safety is very loose though. Won't go far if he doesn't shore it up.
                          Yeah, I seem to have put the curse on them since that post. The tables are letting some extraordinary balls drop. That last pink from Barry should never have dropped and the one before that which dropped for Ronnie when it caught the jaw and it went in was unbelievable.

Opr

Comment

Hawkins still massive at 11/10 imo. He's zoned in.

Comment

He's playing this like it's an exhibition, and taking on some weird shots. He always does, but he's lost his composure out there. Ding playing on in 2/3 frames when needed 3+ snookers is rattling him a bit. Liked his reaction in the last frame by not letting Ding concede though!

Just flicking over to the other game now and again and it's s strange one. 7 in a row for Wilson, then 5 in a row for Allen, and then 4 in a row for Wilson. Allen really should have taken the last frame. Huge mountain to climb now.

Comment

Trump could gather toys back into pram with the overnight break. He got rode hard with Ding's ball-run, but if he had been more focussed then the score would have been a lot closer. Shows a fair bit of arrogance just throwing the cue at shots in a huff.
                                On the plus side,conceding out of turn rudely could be a motivator for trump to come in today and bash him up.
                                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Is it viewing figures why Ronnie isn't playing the earlier session today? He seems to have had a very kind schedule. How do Ding/Judd end up playing 3 of the last four sessions and Ronnie has his stretched over 3 days and gets the later slot today?
                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                    Is it viewing figures why Ronnie isn't playing the earlier session today? He seems to have had a very kind schedule. How do Ding/Judd end up playing 3 of the last four sessions and Ronnie has his stretched over 3 days and gets the later slot today?
                                    The 3 day game seems to be something they select for Ronnie alright.
                                    Looking at the last 6 years on wiki theres been two or three of the eight second round games over 3 days, and for six years running Ronnies game has been one of those regardless of his seeding.

Comment

The 3 day game seems to be something they select for Ronnie alright.
                                      Looking at the last 6 years on wiki theres been two or three of the eight second round games over 3 days, and for six years running Ronnies game has been one of those regardless of his seeding.
                                      Some good investigating there AJ. Doubt the players would be aware of that, clear favouritism and would give a small edge to him imo.
                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Huge frame for Hawkins there. Ronnie had at least 3 good chances.

Comment

Cant believe the prices on offer all through the match on Hawkins. First signs of pressure in that one. Be interesting to see how he holds his nerve if Ronnie wins the next.

Comment

Something about Hawkins that I always can't help but root for him, really likeable lad, hope he ships it.
                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Got locked into this instead of football, good decision!
                                              airport, lol

Comment

Come on Barry! Needs to score 42+ here to be in with a chance

Comment

Hate seeing Ronnie go down but hope Hawkins goes on to win it now.

Comment

Hate seeing Ronnie go down but hope Hawkins goes on to win it now.
                                                    Everyone in the bottom half will feel like they have a shot at the final, and i've still a bit of decent interest in it so glad to see Hawkins come through. Stuck a few quick on Mark Williams at 22/1 to get some interest in the top half after Trump/Carter lost, but Higgins looks in top form there and is the man to beat at the moment.

Crazy that 8 of the 10 top seeds failed to make it to the QF. Never been such an open tournament at the crucible ever.

Comment

Hawkins playing like a club amateur. Don't think I've ever seen a worse break off😂, be funny if it turned around his fortunes.
                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Hawkins playing like a club amateur. Don't think I've ever seen a worse break off😂, be funny if it turned around his fortunes.
                                                        Awesome stuff from him. Extremely impressive. Come on the Hawk!

Comment

11-11 I think McManus looks stronger and more composed. Hes set for the win!

Comment

How did Hawkins survive that last frame!?
                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                              11-11 I think McManus looks stronger and more composed. Hes set for the win!
                                                              Was on the other side but flicked over now and again and McManus defo seemed more composed. Solid last 2 frames from him. He was 70/1 to win the tourney before that game.

How did Hawkins survive that last frame!?
                                                              FU will be kicking himself. 5 missed shots and maybe 4 of them with the rest? Nobody will be more gobsmacked than Hawkins!

Comment

BBC commentators>>>>>>>>>Eurosport . Talking the bleeding obvious all the time

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                  BBC commentators>>>>>>>>>Eurosport . Talking the bleeding obvious all the time
                                                                  Colin Murray is a great presenter though, infectious passion, never rated him when he did football but seems to have found his calling here.
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Colin Murray is a great presenter though, infectious passion, never rated him when he did football but seems to have found his calling here.
                                                                    Jesus Christ. The man is a whore.

Comment

I think Jimmy White would love to kick him in the balls .

Comment

Jesus no. His manner is completely out of kilter with the mood of snooker as a game. He seems to be forcing it so bad.

Comment

Ah Murray is good, he gets some awful stick for his darts presenting which if anything is the most appropriate for his style. A bit tanned for a norn irn head. Has moor blood imo.
                                                                          Im kinda disappointed in Dominic Dales commentary. Hes quite poor and overly judgemental which is something that he says he hates in other snooker commentators from a podcast I heard him in recently. He's breaking every rule of commentary he speaks in that piece.

Comment

I agree with Sitch and Rounders. I like his style, and I think snooker has a 'mood' anymore. They're trying to make it more of a lads thing to bring in the younger crowd and Murray shows a bit of passion. I like his darts style too

Re Dominic Dale. He's horrible. Also very biased towards certain players and unprofessional to a degree in commentary. Mike Hallet has lost the plot too. Miscalling so many shots, and don't get me started on Joe Johnson.

Comment

Zuutroy nailed it. He forces it and makes the stiffs on the sofa look uncomfortable

Comment

David Vine ftw.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                  I agree with Sitch and Rounders. I like his style, and I think snooker has a 'mood' anymore. They're trying to make it more of a lads thing to bring in the younger crowd and Murray shows a bit of passion. I like his darts style too

Re Dominic Dale. He's horrible. Also very biased towards certain players and unprofessional to a degree in commentary. Mike Hallet has lost the plot too. Miscalling so many shots, and don't get me started on Joe Johnson.
                                                                                  Snooker is what it is. It can't be jazzed up or made trendy. I think some people from every generation will always gravitate towards it and plenty more won't regardless of what you try. Throw on all of the bells and whistles you like, but it's nature is that it's a sedate game and not everyone's cup of tea.

Comment

Murray's tone and delivery are jarring for me, Dennis Taylor augments the action rather than shouting over it. Virgo can fcuk right off with his wheres the cue ball going, willie Thornes bitterness over his life failure comes through, Dale v similar. Would be prejudiced against Ebdon and Hendry cos of how much of a horrible cnut they both were while playing, hendry's snooker insights are quality enough to get him a pass, Ebdons not a chance. Beeb commentators years ago slotted in perfectly to the whole ecosystem.
                                                                                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Everton and Taylor were the dream team imo.

Comment

See...Needs to calm the fuck down.

Comment

Called a max here after one red!

Comment

Ugh made a fucking mess of it.

Comment

Ronnie Wood legend.

Comment

Jesus the standard in the Selby semi final has been grim throughout

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post
                                                                                                  Jesus the standard in the Selby semi final has been grim throughout
                                                                                                  Ding is going to slaughter either of these in the final. Wish i wasn't heavily invested in Selby, but maybe it's just time to get out!

Comment

Epic frame Selby/Fu, love that sort of game.

Comment

Epic frame Selby/Fu, love that sort of game.
                                                                                                      Not according to J Virgo. didn't hear it but radio said he didn't know he was still on air and said "wanted to watch some racing this afternoon, I'll be fucking lucky to catch MOTD". LOl.

See the foul there by FU which he didn't call. Interesting one. J Parrot "I'm surprised neither the ref nor the player spotted it !!!"

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                        See the foul there by FU which he didn't call. Interesting one. J Parrot "I'm surprised neither the ref nor the player spotted it !!!"
                                                                                                        Just getting around to seeing this now. Shocking from Fu. Don't care what anyone says, you know when you touch a ball with your finger now matter how caught up the game you are. Would have liked to hear the BBC take on it.

Found a clip, and Fu's reaction from his press conference when quizzed on it.

Stupid time stamp doesn't work in here - 1m20s for 1st clip, 2m59s for 2nd clip

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Marco Fu has lost to Mark Selby in the semi final of the Betfred World Snooker Championship.It means Mark Selby will be facing Ding Junhui in the 2016 final

While looking for this, i ended up watching a good few more clips. Some of my favourites...

SPOILER
                                                                                                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_b-4g3n4Os

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

When your opponent is so inferior, so hopeless, and let's not forget, such a terrible sportsman with his petty gamesmanship....sometimes all you can do is laugh

'How d'ya swalla free undred faasand John'. John Higgins taunted by a heckler (who gets kicked out).

One of the reasons i've always hated Dott. He should have just played a foul himself straight away. Don't even get me started on that smug cunt Alan Chamberlain. Always hated him, and he hates Selby and just loved his moment in the spotlight.

I'm referring to the second one, since the ref states it didn't leave the table. Contraversial.The match was a second round match between Mark Selby and Grae...

Another example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbobYOs_wbY

Comment

Mark Allen got a hefty fine in 2012 for flat out calling Fu a cheat , and he refused to retract it, so seems he had form

Comment

Who are we going for to win then? I have a feeling the pressure might be too much for Ding.

Comment

Originally posted by Norwichfanrob View Post
                                                                                                              Mark Allen got a hefty fine in 2012 for flat out calling Fu a cheat , and he refused to retract it, so seems he had form
                                                                                                              Yeah, when googling last night i also heard something about the 2008 UK final v Murphy, but didn't find anything about it.

Here's the Allen story for anyone that might have missed it.

World number eight Mark Allen faces a three-month ban after standing by comments about Marco Fu.

Who are we going for to win then? I have a feeling the pressure might be too much for Ding.
                                                                                                              Spot on. Selby also had to play well at some stage. Loving how this is going at the moment. Let's keep it going Selby!

Comment

What an anti-climax this is.

Comment

Game on. Looks it could be a good one.

Comment

Hopefully. Backed Ding on Finkles post at 20s. Not much but hopefully a sweat 2mrw.

If anyone wants to swap €100 equity lemme know if it gets to parity

Comment

Virgo is a white, beardy bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                                        Virgo is a white, beardy bastard.
                                                                                                                        He's gets more irritating by the year, should never get the prime slot.

He's the 9/11 of commentators.
                                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

WHERE'S THE CUE BALL GOING!?!?

Cnut

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X