Football-betting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
    Put a pretty solid lay on Everton at City tonight. They've only won 21% of their away games this year wheras City are unbeaten at home(9wins 4draws) and the size of their squad is probably an advantage giving it's both teams 2nd game of the week.
    I think it's a bit harsh to judge Everton on their entire season away form given they've suffered more than anyone with injuries to key players. For my money they are in the top six Prem sides when all fit. I've said it before but Spurs and Man City have been continuously overbet this year, and I think you will be taking the worst of it laying any side in The City Of Manchester. Adebayor and Lescott out too, and Everton is super form, I've just talked myself into laying City.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
      They've been without Agbon for quite a while. He hasen't really had much of an impact this past while. It's been all about Carew.

Easy win imo.

Ill have a $50 side bet with you if you want. You can have the draw and Sunderland.

Ill have Villa.

Quote to book. No need to escrow obv.
      Booked

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
        I think it's a bit harsh to judge Everton on their entire season away form given they've suffered more than anyone with injuries to key players. For my money they are in the top six Prem sides when all fit. I've said it before but Spurs and Man City have been continuously overbet this year, and I think you will be taking the worst of it laying any side in The City Of Manchester. Adebayor and Lescott out too, and Everton is super form, I've just talked myself into laying City.
        This pretty much. Everton on great form.

Comment

Anyone who can bet online should be lumping on Spurs to be next goalscorer. VERY attacking team/formation now.

EDIT they just did lol

Only Villa drawing in my bet. COME on villa!!!

Comment

FML

Comment

LOL city! Did you lay them in the end C kid? Great night for a spurs fan in both league and cup tonight!
              Profit before people.

Comment

Good night for the Pool too!

Comment

Personally I had no bet tonight, I just didn't see any value. I didn't like the idea of laying City or Aston Villa but I didn't fancy either of them either. I was toying with Chelsea -1 but after their last two performances I just thought I'd leave it.

Eddie Durkin, you should look a bit more at what you said. Agbonlahor has been out for a while and their home form has suffered in that time. He works great with Carew, Carew and Heskey don't work that well together and as it turned out they lost Heskey early in the game anyways. Injuries and tired players as I said.
                  'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                    Personally I had no bet tonight, I just didn't see any value. I didn't like the idea of laying City or Aston Villa but I didn't fancy either of them either. I was toying with Chelsea -1 but after their last two performances I just thought I'd leave it.

Eddie Durkin, you should look a bit more at what you said. Agbonlahor has been out for a while and their home form has suffered in that time. He works great with Carew, Carew and Heskey don't work that well together and as it turned out they lost Heskey early in the game anyways. Injuries and tired players as I said.
                    I should have done what you should have done. We have both mentioned B'burns home record itt. I should have just lumped a few hundred on them at 21/20. Accums are fun tho

Comment

I should have done what you should have done. We have both mentioned B'burns home record itt. I should have just lumped a few hundred on them at 21/20. Accums are fun tho
                      I didn't like that one either. I'm a Blackburn fan too but I don't be on them very often. They weren't that great tonight either, they got the job done but Birmingham had more possession, the Blackburn defense was very good tonight.
                      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

I backed HT/FT in the FA Cup match tonight - Spurs HT / Fulham FT

Comment

Enhanced odds on PP for tonight

Man City (h) v Wigan
                          Newcastle (h) v Forest
                          Bilbao (h) v Santander

7/2

Comment

Speaking of PP specials I like the 5/1 about Brian laws to be the next manager to get the chop. Zola and Grant are at the head of this market but West Ham would have to fork out 3 million to get rid of Zola and he said today he won't walk. I can see Grant seeing out the season as well.
                            Profit before people.

Comment

Tonight 10 points Man City -1.5 goals @ 2.08 and 3 points over 4.5 goals @ 5.6

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                Tonight 10 points Man City -1.5 goals @ 2.08 and 3 points over 4.5 goals @ 5.6
                                Your very optimistic anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post

Man City (h) v Wigan
                                  Newcastle (h) v Forest
                                  Bilbao (h) v Santander

7/2
                                  Cheers for that. Had 40quid in my pocket and stuck it on

Just need Bilbao to hold on now for 2mins! It was a close match!

Comment

Shippage. Bilbao win 4-2 in the end

Comment

Shippage. Bilbao win 4-2 in the end
                                      4-3 it was actually

Good shout again.

Comment

Man City (h) v Wigan
                                        Newcastle (h) v Forest
                                        Bilbao (h) v Santander

7/2
                                        Twice I've missed out haha
                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

A bit early to be posting but in case I forget nearer the time

Will offer these odds for weekends footie

Fulham @ 1/1: anything up to €150
                                          Birmingham @ 4/1: anything up to €50
                                          Stoke@ 4/5: anything up €150
                                          Portsmouth@ 2/1: anything up to €100

Prob will use escrow as people are weary lately and no prob with me to use escrow. Let me know if any interest
                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Wondering what others think of this bet

Arsenal to win the title is 7.4 on betfair atm, what do people think?

Personally I think United will beat chelsea this weekend but if its a draw and Arsenal win then surely the odds drop to <7 which is a guaranteed 60% of bet profit(if it goes to 6.8).
                                            If united win then they have blackburn away and man city away in next 2 games, both really tough and possible to drop points in. Arsenal too have a tough first game against Tottenham

Haven't even factored Chelsea into this, just wondering whether people think the risk is worth it % wise
                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by dougee19 View Post
                                              A bit early to be posting but in case I forget nearer the time

Will offer these odds for weekends footie

Fulham @ 1/1: anything up to €150
                                              Birmingham @ 4/1: anything up to €50
                                              Stoke@ 4/5: anything up €150
                                              Portsmouth@ 2/1: anything up to €100

Prob will use escrow as people are weary lately and no prob with me to use escrow. Let me know if any interest
                                              all you.re quoted odds are available at better prices on betfair now.

Comment

Looking to do a few bets for Tuesday and Wednesday night. Quote to book which ones (if any) you want. No need to escrow. Can Send to you on PP/Boyles if i lose. If nobody takes any by 5pm today ill just do them in the bookies.

Tues night quad. My $50 to your $409.50

luton (4/9)
                                                inverness (10/11)
                                                peterhead (4/6)
                                                queens park (evens)

Tues night Double. My $50 to your $214

man u (7/5)
                                                lyon (6/5)

Wed night double. My $50 to your $121.50

Barcalona (11/8)
                                                Inter milan (4/9)

Comment

Originally posted by Rattled77 View Post
                                                  all you.re quoted odds are available at better prices on betfair now.
                                                  well enjoy yourself betting over there so.
                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

You want to lay my bets Dougee? You don't have to take them all.

Comment

Looking to do a few bets for Tuesday and Wednesday night. Quote to book which ones (if any) you want. No need to escrow. Can Send to you on PP/Boyles if i lose. If nobody takes any by 5pm today ill just do them in the bookies.

luton (4/9)
                                                      inverness (10/11)
                                                      peterhead (4/6)
                                                      queens park (evens)

man u (7/5)
                                                      lyon (6/5)

Wed night double. My $50 to your $121.50

Barcalona (11/8)
                                                      Inter milan (4/9)
                                                      first one - ill offer your 50 to my 385
                                                      second - your 50 to my 200
                                                      third - your 50 to my 115

I dont want to exposed to too much tbh with accums. if not no prob at all, happy punting elsewere. Also with the currents bets you have upcming with your challenge, and other things - an escrow would be best. If you can arrange this b4 the off of the games, then we're on. if not no probs
                                                      GAA News Website

Comment

Ill accept your offers as the odds i got were the best from various sites and not just one. Ive no money at all online. I can give you it on boyles/PP tomorrow no matter what by lodging in your account. Im obv not going to shaft you.

If this is ok then say booked.

Comment

nah, ive too much bets on tonight - and a few of the games you backed are games i liked myself. only way id take it is with money upfront or an escrow.

We'll leave it so

gl
                                                          GAA News Website

Comment

Np

Boyles can have my money so

Comment

how are you going to back with boyles if you dont have money until tomoro and nothing online? presumig you go into boyles shop now b4 the games are off tonight, why not just transfer to me or an escrow -

i dont understand
                                                              GAA News Website

Comment

Simply for the reason i feel justified in that i don't feel i have to escrow for such small bets. There's no reason i should have to imo. You either trust me or you don't and you obviously don't.

Comment

when i could lose 750$ . . . i dont consider this a "small" bet

Also i barely know you - have only had one or two small bets with you b4, AND ive gotten my fingers burned before not using an escrow (the famous arama)

So asking for an escrow or shipping in advance is absolutely justified, and you can keep your sulking about me not trusting you, to yourself. If you still cant see why i would ask for an escrow - then best of luck - but i wont be dealing with you at all in the future
                                                                  GAA News Website

Comment

Im not sulking. My side of the bet is a little over 100euro lol. If you insist on a escrow then you obv don't trust me. Im not making it an issue, just stating the obvious. It's you opinion and your entitled to it.

Gl with any bets you do.

Comment

Left-field football bet for you tonight.

Accrington v Barnet is getting all the attention due to Halsey's return to reffing after cancer, but it's a player that my attention will be on tonight. Accrington are even money favourites and are playing a Barnet side with a shocking record on their travels this year. Barnet have conceded the 3rd most goals on the road in League Two, and have only four wins and two draws from 18 games away. Accrington aren't in amazing form, but beat Barnet 1-2 away just a couple of weeks ago and are five places above them in the league.

It's been confirmed to me from a reliable source that Sean McConville is getting a start for Accrington tonight upfront, bookmakers haven't responded to this news yet, and he is a very generous 6/1 anytime goalscorer with WHs and 11/2 in places. He's 20s for first time goal-scorer with Bl Sq, and 18 with Lads where you can back e/w on first goalscorer if you don't have an account with Will Hill or one of the others offering anytime. The lad is only 20 and has only scored once in 27 appearances (mostly off the bench) for the club, but this is his first real start upfront and not wide right. He got 15 goals in 30 games for Skelmersdale town in the Unibond League playing wide-right before his move to Accrington so he knows where the net is.

Anyone who bets first goal-scorer markets knows that is very overpriced for a home team, even money, striker and is well worth an investment. Good luck all.
                                                                      Last edited by The C Kid; 30-03-10, 17:03.

Comment

Accrington v Barnet is getting all the attention due to Halsey's return to reffing after cancer, but it's a player that my attention will be on tonight. Accrington are even money favourites and are playing a Barnet side with a shocking record on their travels this year. Barnet have conceded the 3rd most goals on the road in League Two, and have only four wins and two draws from 18 games away. Accrington aren't in amazing form, but beat Barnet 1-2 away just a couple of weeks ago and are five places above them in the league.

It's been confirmed to me from a reliable source that Sean McConville is getting a start for Accrington tonight upfront, bookmakers haven't responded to this news yet, and he is a very generous 6/1 anytime goalscorer with WHs and 11/2 in places. He's 20s for first time goal-scorer with Bl Sq, and 18 with Lads where you can back e/w on first goalscorer if you don't have an account with Will Hill or one of the others offering anytime. The lad is only 20 and has only scored once in 27 appearances (mostly off the bench) for the club, but this is his first real start upfront and not wide right. He got 15 goals in 30 games for Skelmersdale town in the Unibond League playing wide-right before his move to Accrington so he knows where the net is.

Anyone who bets first goal-scorer markets knows that is very overpriced for a home team, even money, striker and is well worth an investment. Good luck all.
                                                                        if you are watching sky sports news atm, they say that their is a good chance this match will be called off as the pitch is waterlogged at present

Comment

Originally posted by Hornswaggl View Post
                                                                          if you are watching sky sports news atm, they say that their is a good chance this match will be called off as the pitch is waterlogged at present
                                                                          Yeah i know, but still get on anyway, Hills just cut prices into 11s and 9/2 for each market lol.

Comment

Accrington v Barnet is getting all the attention due to Halsey's return to reffing after cancer, but it's a player that my attention will be on tonight. Accrington are even money favourites and are playing a Barnet side with a shocking record on their travels this year. Barnet have conceded the 3rd most goals on the road in League Two, and have only four wins and two draws from 18 games away. Accrington are in horrible horrible form, but beat Barnet 1-2 away just a couple of weeks ago and are five places above them in the league.

FYP

Comment

FYP
                                                                              Makes no difference what so ever to the bet. If i did this bet everyday for the rest of my life I'd be happy enough.

Comment

that guy mcconville is still 16s with boyles just had a punt on him

Comment

Makes no difference what so ever to the bet. If i did this bet everyday for the rest of my life I'd be happy enough.
                                                                                  Cheers C Kid
                                                                                  Took him ew at 20/1 with Blue SQ
                                                                                  the ew pays 1/3 the odds first 9 places

Comment

18s last goal scorer too

1-0 win please
                                                                                    GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                                      Cheers C Kid
                                                                                      Took him ew at 20/1 with Blue SQ
                                                                                      the ew pays 1/3 the odds first 9 places
                                                                                      You'd know the source anyway. Obviously didn't want to post name in public. Good luck.

Comment

off

waterlogged pitch

GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                                                          off

waterlogged pitch

Ugh.

Comment

think I'll retire and back Rooney to score in every game he plays in.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                              if you back him in ladbrokes to score 1st goal and goes on to score again and again they double the odds

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                not sure why i didnt back him tonight
                                                                                                sat there.. fancy rooney to score...fancy rooney to score

didnt do it

Comment

luton (4/9)
                                                                                                  inverness (10/11)
                                                                                                  peterhead (4/6)
                                                                                                  queens park (evens)

man u (7/5)
                                                                                                  lyon (6/5)
                                                                                                  Come on Peterhead! Only team not winning at half-time! Put these bets on in Boyles in euro obv so stand to win a bit more if they come through as the above was in $$

Comment

Fook sake Peterhead. Glad to see Scummy United get beat tho in the end. lol at any of their fans thinking they can compete with the top teams this year.

Comment

Only bet tonight was to give me an interest in games. The bookie i went into had a 5/2 special for Barcalona and Inter Milan. 50euro on it.

Comment

Tonight I'm having a sem-serious interest on a goalfest in the Emirates between Barca/Arsenal.

3 points 4.5 goals or more at 6.6.

Comment

Hibernian v Dundee Utd
                                                                                                          Total Match Goals Over 2.5

Inter Milan v CSKA Moscow
                                                                                                          Total Match Goals Over 3.5

Arsenal v Barcelona
                                                                                                          Total Match Goals Over 3.5

Comment

I've laid Barca and laid Messi anytime scorer.

Comment

ive laid barce and backed unders in both games
                                                                                                              GAA News Website

Comment

I've laid Barca and laid Messi anytime scorer.
                                                                                                                Never in doubt.

Comment

F U Arsenal

Comment

Stanley are away to a good side this week (but Stanley do score goals according to league table anyhu)
                                                                                                                    but assuming he is still being moved to FC
                                                                                                                    Sean McConville is 28/1 today with blueSq today first goal

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                                                                      Stanley are away to a good side this week (but Stanley do score goals according to league table anyhu)
                                                                                                                      but assuming he is still being moved to FC
                                                                                                                      Sean McConville is 28/1 today with blueSq today first goal

Haven't heard anything from anyone yet, but having a small investment and will see what happens.

Comment

bordeaux to win the match outright tonight

united to qualify tonight also 11/10
                                                                                                                        GAA News Website

Comment

Bayern will win.

Lyon will win.

Nuff said!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X