Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
    Your making all that assumption on the basis that the rankings are relevant which they aren't. Also where are you even getting those rankings from as far as I am aware the UFC rankings only extend to 15. Unofficial rankings may extend further.

That been said Felder was unranked in UFC rankings and Al laquinta who now got the fight is ranked 11. In MMA Junkie rankings they have Al Laquinta 13 and Felder 15.

Al laquinta has got the fight over Felder who everyone would have preferred as he hit championship weight. Felder is now left without a fight totally because of this bizarre decision.

NYSAC are noobs when it comes to MMA and it shows, would have been allowed in Nevada or California without even been questioned.

Demetrious Johnson the widely regarded pound for pound best in UFC faced unranked 2-5 in UFC Tim Elliot in December 2016 in Vegas. Elliot went full 25 mins.
    The rankings are relevant these days to be honest. If you look at matchmaking you’ll see that fairly quickly. You don’t really ever see large mismatches anymore (unless a fight is scrapped short notice etc). Most fights are made in relevance to the rankings.

I’m fairly sure the UFC literally have everyone in every division ranked (but only list top 15 for each division on their website). You’ll see this on nearly every fight at the weekend when thy show the tale of the tape.

In regards to Felder not being commissioned I’d be leaning in favour of what Hooch is saying.

I think you are giving the NYSAC too little respect here. They clearly didn’t just decide for no reason that Felder isn’t good enough to fight Khabib.

The UFC have rankings there for a reason, this is what the commission would’ve used most likely. If Felder was good enough he’d have A) beaten guys ranked at a better level and B) would therefore be ranked higher and thought to be at a level good enough to compete with Khabib.

Felder is all heart and I’m a big fan of his style, but I’d be leaning with the commission here. They needed something to go by, and went for UFC’s rankings mostly one would assume... and less likely, but possibly, looked at the fighter’s past fights and deemed Felder not able to complete at that level.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      Have a health question.

Someone my mum knows went to the doctor with pains in chest. Its an ongoing on-again off-again thing. Doc said it's anxiety and go and see a therapist. He's convinced it's an actual heart thing. What does he do in that situation. There's no emergency here he thinks, so A&E wouldn't be appropriate. Can you just go somewhere and be hooked up to an ECG to verify you're fine without a doctor referral? Presumably it would be somewhere private if so. Anyone any ideas?
      Places like Vhi swiftcare and Vista Clinics will do an ECG and send you on to A&E if they are any way worried.
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
        The UFC have rankings there for a reason, this is what the commission would’ve used most likely.
        They are there because TV execs requested them.

Read some MMA media pretty much all the respected writers saying the same as me on this one.

Comment

The rankings are relevant these days to be honest. If you look at matchmaking you’ll see that fairly quickly. You don’t really ever see large mismatches anymore (unless a fight is scrapped short notice etc). Most fights are made in relevance to the rankings.

I’m fairly sure the UFC literally have everyone in every division ranked (but only list top 15 for each division on their website). You’ll see this on nearly every fight at the weekend when thy show the tale of the tape.

In regards to Felder not being commissioned I’d be leaning in favour of what Hooch is saying.

I think you are giving the NYSAC too little respect here. They clearly didn’t just decide for no reason that Felder isn’t good enough to fight Khabib.

The UFC have rankings there for a reason, this is what the commission would’ve used most likely. If Felder was good enough he’d have A) beaten guys ranked at a better level and B) would therefore be ranked higher and thought to be at a level good enough to compete with Khabib.

Felder is all heart and I’m a big fan of his style, but I’d be leaning with the commission here. They needed something to go by, and went for UFC’s rankings mostly one would assume... and less likely, but possibly, looked at the fighter’s past fights and deemed Felder not able to complete at that level.
          https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/sta...90635469320192

Comment

They are there because TV execs requested them.

Read some MMA media pretty much all the respected writers saying the same as me on this one.
            But the rankings are the rankings. They still exist, whether they are there for TV execs only (something I’ve never heard before) or not.

Comment

The UFC have rankings for one reason, Fox execs told them they wanted them for their TV broadcasts as it's easy to sell #3 vs #6 to casual viewers or whatever rankings you pick instead of trying to sell why a fighter is good, people understand simple rankings. The UFC were against them and they're put together by billy joe radio dj as most MMA journalists backed out as people who knew nothing about the sport were being asked to rank fighters.

There's definitely been a few weird ones

- A Brazilian ranker dropped McGregor down his rankings after he knocked out Aldo just because he was salty about it.
              - Uriah Hall KO'd Mousasi and he was ranked below him after it.

And probably plenty more if people actually looked through what rankings people submit month to month.

Now I think Mousasi is a better fighter than Hall but he lost so you have to move him ahead in the rankings if the goal is to have people lining up for title shots who beat other contenders.

Pretty sure Siver went from unranked to ranked before the McGregor fight for no other reason than it was likely the UFC's whim. Nate Diaz removed because he was hard to deal with but Cain was inactive for years before he got removed.
              Last edited by Charlie Sheen; 06-04-18, 22:24.

Comment

The UFC rankings are done by the UFC now. Not by journalists etc anymore

Comment

Really, when did that happen?

Comment

The UFC rankings are done by the UFC now. Not by journalists etc anymore
                    Source?

From UFC.com
                    Rankings were generated by a voting panel made up of media members. The media members were asked to vote for who they feel are the top fighters in the UFC by weight-class and pound-for-pound. A fighter is only eligible to be voted on if they are in active status in the UFC. A fighter can appear in more than one weight division at a time. The champion and interim champion are considered to be in the top positions of their respective divisions and therefore are not eligible for voting by weight-class. However, the champions can be voted on for the pound-for-pound rankings.

If you are a member of the media and would like to apply to participate in the UFC fighter rankings, please send an email to rankings@ufc.com with your name, title, and the media outlet you represent.

That sounds like if I set up a blog right now and called it a media outlet I'd have a decent chance of getting on the voting panel.

Halloway unranked in Lightweight division he shouldn't be allowed fight Khabib by your and Hooch logic.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Source?

From UFC.com
                        Rankings were generated by a voting panel made up of media members. The media members were asked to vote for who they feel are the top fighters in the UFC by weight-class and pound-for-pound. A fighter is only eligible to be voted on if they are in active status in the UFC. A fighter can appear in more than one weight division at a time. The champion and interim champion are considered to be in the top positions of their respective divisions and therefore are not eligible for voting by weight-class. However, the champions can be voted on for the pound-for-pound rankings.

If you are a member of the media and would like to apply to participate in the UFC fighter rankings, please send an email to rankings@ufc.com with your name, title, and the media outlet you represent.

That sounds like if I set up a blog right now and called it a media outlet I'd have a decent chance of getting on the voting panel.

Halloway unranked in Lightweight division he shouldn't be allowed fight Khabib by your and Hooch logic.
                        That’s ridic outdated. They have their own panel, on phone so 0 interest looking for source.

Your point about Holloway is fair annoying. He’s a champion at a division 10lbs less.. come on....

EDIT: yes they have the journalists listed on the website btw but the UFC have their own team to do the official rankings
                        Last edited by TheJiggaman; 06-04-18, 22:45.

Comment

For sure tho for tomorrow it’s stupid that the men’s match is the ‘main event’ over the Women’s match. Can’t see the sense in that

Comment

It's all for Khabib, he can win the belt but Ragin Al can't. He'll be confident at least going by this. Hope he gets a flash KO to ruin everything. Would they just let McGregor keep it, have no champ or bring back Ferguson's interim belt.

Comment

Lol so much for the UFC adhering to rules and commissions. Dana just said he'll be seeing Ragin Al as the champ even though he didn't make championship weight if he pulls off the upset. They don't care about belts having significance

Comment

Ah they will? I looked up swiftcare and it said no heart issues. But maybe they meant: don't come to us if you're having a heart attack.
                                Think he'd be as well off going to an A and E myself, and cut out the middleman. On the other hand, I've a newfound respect for my GP after my recent experience. In the space of a few minutes, he just asked me if I had a preference for St. Vincents or Tallaght, and then told me to head there and not stop off to pick up pyjamas

In the A&E in Tallaght, I don't think the GPs note made any difference to how you were treated ( though they charge you €100 without it). Think I was seen by a nurse in about 15 minutes, and they measured pulse rate and blood pressure, and did an ecg, in a kind of triage setting before being admitted to the A&E proper.
                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                  Lol so much for the UFC adhering to rules and commissions. Dana just said he'll be seeing Ragin Al as the champ even though he didn't make championship weight if he pulls off the upset. They don't care about belts having significance
                                  Would you not consider him the uncrowned champ if he somehow beats Khabib. Not sure how you cant

Comment

Nah he didn't make the weight (not his fault), I'd have him as number 1 contender. Neither the champ or interim champ are fighting and there's a title on the line. I guess as the UFC say in their contracts, belts are for promotional reasons and they are going further and further down this route. They'll get rid of usada at some stage too I'd guess

Comment

He won’t be champ or interim champ if he wins. Dana White didn’t mean he would be either

Comment

Comment

Who would have thought that UFC rankings would be an even more popular discussion topic that good chart design?
                                          Anyone who isn't autistic.

Comment

Should throw Artrem in against Khabib.
                                            28 have tried, 14 have failed.
                                            "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                            "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Have a health question.

Someone my mum knows went to the doctor with pains in chest. Its an ongoing on-again off-again thing. Doc said it's anxiety and go and see a therapist. He's convinced it's an actual heart thing. What does he do in that situation. There's no emergency here he thinks, so A&E wouldn't be appropriate. Can you just go somewhere and be hooked up to an ECG to verify you're fine without a doctor referral? Presumably it would be somewhere private if so. Anyone any ideas?
                                              From the age of 9 my eldest was taken to A&E with chest pain and heart racing etc and she was admitted, ECG ran etc and out the next day telling us that she had anxiety just and she was too thin and it wasn't chest pains etc.

When she was nearing the end of 6th class she got the flu, got admitted via her GP and the Dr there noticed something in her ECG. It was not long after that she was diagnosed with Long QT syndrome. After it was confirmed at Crumlin, the same Dr looked at the ECG's from when she was admitted with chest pains and said it had been showing the whole time.

So, she just had chest pains and told it was nothing as well, and that was AFTER going through A&E.

I wont go into them missing the problem I have that the Maltese Dr said has been showing for years either...

My advice, go to a Dr in the North for the second opinion. But if they do get chest pains again, go to A&E. That was what the DR told me here when I just went for a normal GP visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                                And he should be seen as champ. It's the UFC title, notnthe New York State Title.
                                                There's no interim champion anymore, Tony was stripped.
                                                Conor is about to be stripped.

Khabib is fight for a title verses Raging Al.
                                                Al weighed in at 155.2lbs, most states weigh to the nearest half pound, so he'd have made weight in Vegas.
                                                The UFC can strip Conor and award the title to anyone if they like. If Al beats Khabib he 100% deserves the strap.

Won't happen though. Eagle gonna smash him

Comment

Who would have thought that UFC rankings would be an even more popular discussion topic that good chart design?
                                                  They hold equal fascination for me.

Comment

Mens Rugby 7s team close to qualifying for the World Series tour.
                                                    Playing in a qualifying tournament at the moment in Hong Kong, winner gets promotion to the main event.

Quarter final against Zimbabwe at 12.30 this afternoon, live on Sky Sports and streamed on the World Rugby website.
                                                    Should be a comfortable win.

Semi final and final tomorrow, Germany likely the biggest danger.

Edit. 38-5 win.

Semi final v Japan will be 5.55am.
                                                    If win that then final v Chile/Germany will be 9.30am.
                                                    Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 07-04-18, 12:38.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                        And he should be seen as champ. It's the UFC title, notnthe New York State Title.
                                                        There's no interim champion anymore, Tony was stripped.
                                                        Conor is about to be stripped.

Khabib is fight for a title verses Raging Al.
                                                        Al weighed in at 155.2lbs, most states weigh to the nearest half pound, so he'd have made weight in Vegas.
                                                        The UFC can strip Conor and award the title to anyone if they like. If Al beats Khabib he 100% deserves the strap.

Won't happen though. Eagle gonna smash him
                                                        They weighed Al's underwear and they were .2 so the title is on the line!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                          From the age of 9 my eldest was taken to A&E with chest pain and heart racing etc and she was admitted, ECG ran etc and out the next day telling us that she had anxiety just and she was too thin and it wasn't chest pains etc.

When she was nearing the end of 6th class she got the flu, got admitted via her GP and the Dr there noticed something in her ECG. It was not long after that she was diagnosed with Long QT syndrome. After it was confirmed at Crumlin, the same Dr looked at the ECG's from when she was admitted with chest pains and said it had been showing the whole time.

So, she just had chest pains and told it was nothing as well, and that was AFTER going through A&E.

I wont go into them missing the problem I have that the Maltese Dr said has been showing for years either...

My advice, go to a Dr in the North for the second opinion. But if they do get chest pains again, go to A&E. That was what the DR told me here when I just went for a normal GP visit.
                                                          In 2002, I was living in the UK, I went to the gp and A&E at least 10 times, because of the agony in my leg.
                                                          I'd wake up screaming in pain in the middle of the night, grab a cab to the A&E, spend 3 hours there, and be sent home with a "probably shingles" diagnosis.
                                                          It feels like after the 10th time seeing my gp, having another x-ray (I had an xray every time),she finally says they'd had a closer look, and it would appear there was something there. Bone tumor chewing through the bone. She wanted a pat on the back for figuring it out even though I'd told the dumb cunt 10 times there was something wrong. Really felt like smacking the smug bitch.

TLDR: Don't trust GPs if your body tells you something is not right

Comment

They seem to be kinda working out how to approve large-scale housing projects at the moment. Quite a substantial number approved in last month or two by the new planning regs - maybe 2k or more houses. Seems to be saving about a year on the old stupid planning approach where every large-scale project would always be appealed to Bord Pleanala but still had to waste 12-18 months with the local approach before getting to Bord and having to go through same process all over again.

Maybe it was all obvious, but still a bit of credit due to Eoghan Murphy for doing it.
                                                            It was Coveney's initiative to be fair. While he couldn't get out of the department quick enough, he did make some good decisions while there. It is impossible to get instant results in that portfolio anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                              I was in buying baileys a minute ago, hadn't even thought that oh, I used to not be able to do this. Of course the place is actually quiet, this new change probably caused less booze to be sold.

That Ready Player One film is out now Hitch, no idea if it's good.
                                                              It looks so so bad that hopefully it's all an elaborate bluff and it's really amazeballs
                                                              Blasts of nostalgia but overall it's pretty weak sauce.

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                              Just finished watching this... Right good

http://youtu.be/9s712UABEv8
                                                              This is not a very good movie.

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                              @Danny, hope you sprung for the DJI refresh.

Crashed my Spark into a tree earlier, landed on tarmac and broke the gimbol and snapped a leg. Dont drink and fly...

Only dropped around 8feet and missed the lawn by 6 inches.

Looking at 49 bucks to get it replaced.
                                                              Did spring for DJI insurance, nearly missed it because you only have 48 hours to get it after you activate your drone, went to a local park last week and finally took it out of beginner mode and when it's in sport mode it's a fucking rocket, just need to learn to edit video stuff, looking at buying some ND filters for it, weather has been shocking lately so haven't been taken it out at all.

Looked at getting it insured through my camera insurer but I need a separate policy plus I need to take a certified course also.

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                              Has anyone watched Sense8? I just saw it mentioned on Twitter and see that the writers/directors of the Matrix are involved along with the creator of Babylon 5. Seems to have good reviews also...
                                                              Watched the first season but never bothered getting into season 2.
                                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Only things of interest in Merseyside derby

Mane who didn't do much leaves the pitch, only then does Coleman (with no fear of leaving gap behind) cross the halfway line and suddenly Everton in match

Slow solid CB playing LB for Liverpool against Walcott, Everton play down their left

Solanke needs to play for a team where he will start, moves like a lad who has to play every week

Couple of decent young fella's at Everton, if Arteta rumours from a few weeks ago are true, they could be a decent side!

Errrr id a bet on Ings to score first, never looked likey, rice noodles for tea it is
                                                                Last edited by Guest; 07-04-18, 13:30.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                  Did spring for DJI insurance, nearly missed it because you only have 48 hours to get it after you activate your drone, went to a local park last week and finally took it out of beginner mode and when it's in sport mode it's a fucking rocket, just need to learn to edit video stuff, looking at buying some ND filters for it, weather has been shocking lately so haven't been taken it out at all.

Looked at getting it insured through my camera insurer but I need a separate policy plus I need to take a certified course also.
                                                                  Not sure if you are using Adobe CC but i have a sweet hook up for all the products with youtube walk throughs on the patches.

Trying to teach myself premier Pro, massive learning curve.
                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                    Blasts of nostalgia but overall it's pretty weak sauce.

This is not a very good movie.

Watched the first season but never bothered getting into season 2.
                                                                    Hsaw it myself. It has some good concepts and some good storylines. That fucking 10th episode though... gave me nightmares for a few days.
                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Visualisation innit.

"Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                      "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Pathetic man utd performance. Went out for a pint as I think thought there might be a bit of fire in it. At least Guinness never lets me down.

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                                          Pathetic man utd performance. Went out for a pint as I think thought there might be a bit of fire in it. At least Guinness never lets me down.
                                                                          Set up my stream and seeing Pogbas hair in the pre game line up was enough for me to turn off and make chilli. How he's still getting in the team shocking. Has he even had a good game for United

Comment

WP Dobby

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                              WP Dobby
                                                                              Even a blind squirrel would find a nut. This chilli is gorgeous so I'm happy with my decision

Comment

Seems I tuned in just in time for the kicking and handbags to start. The ref man of the match for United

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                  Seems I tuned in just in time for the kicking and handbags to start. The ref man of the match for United
                                                                                  Shocking on the peno,

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                    Shocking on the peno,
                                                                                    Two of them.

Comment

Anyone got a decent link for the golf ? cricfree acting the gee

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                        Anyone got a decent link for the golf ? cricfree acting the gee
                                                                                        You know it's on the BBC?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                          You know it's on the BBC?

cheers

Comment

A reminder that the second-best competition in the IPB Calendar, Aintree Tipping, commences next Thursday under Celebrity Apprentice eoghan104.

Never fear, yours truly will be back in the cockpit for when the shit gets real.
                                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

was in Zuuuuthropes airport today, great pint of guinness. Would deffo indulge a few before stepping into one of those yokes

Comment

Rory Rory Rory

Comment

Finally the golf on a big screen.

Ye gotta love the British taxpayer.
                                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Her sisters birthday so we invited them over with another couple for a few drinks. Went out and bought 3 different bottles of Gin with all the other crap that goes with them. Both couples had to cancel for varying reasons and wife just went to bed.

Stuck with the 3 bottles and the golf

Comment

Don't. Like. Patrick. Reed.

Comment

...
                                                                                                        Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 07-04-18, 21:12.

Comment

Completely Bbv'd myself. Now watching Ray Darcy with the reappeared wife

Comment

Ricky loves a movers Saturday in a major, nearly as much as he enjoys blowing up on a Major Sunday.
                                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                              well then read this and you will like him less.

http://tobaccoroadblues.com/2015/01/...-patrick-reed/
                                                                                                              Cheers GAB, that looks great, shall dig in after the golf.

I remember an interview with him a few years ago after he had just won and thinking he was a prick. Smug and over confident.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                Ricky loves a movers Saturday in a major, nearly as much as he enjoys blowing up on a Major Sunday.
                                                                                                                No move from Speith, Rose & DJ leaves me with not much for tomorrow. Whats the value bet for interest?

Comment

Oh my jaysis

Comment

where he said he was one of the top 5 golfers in the world? That article will reveal all.
                                                                                                                    Shaking my head over the Americans preciousness about their college sports system is mostly what I took from that article.
                                                                                                                    I think it's why I always cheer the European's golfers on.

Comment

where he said he was one of the top 5 golfers in the world? That article will reveal all.
                                                                                                                      Yeah that's the one.

Can't wait to read.

Comment

Fucking yes Rory

Comment

Rory v Fat Pat. Couldn’t ask for a better final group
                                                                                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X