D4Events Feb17
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Community, Tech, and Feedback > Personal Logs

Old 17-05-12, 13:38   #81
Emmet
Bashful the next day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keane View Post
Psyllium husk is horrible IMO and tbh I didn't even find it that effective. All bran is the nuts in the fibre department IMO.
I've only ever had it as part of a Protein Shake with water. Always found it thickened up the shake brilliantly tbh!

Trick is to consume immediately, don't give it time to expand in the water.
Emmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-12, 13:42   #82
FeetMagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomD View Post
I know protein shakes are handy, but they can work out expensive with the amount you are taking. Would you consider having a high protein breakfast instead. A couple of hard boiled eggs would give you as much protein as a shake.

This will sound horrible. Keane is right. Phylium husk is minging and i would only use it when i need to flush myself out. All Bran is great on a daily basis, as is Brocolli or Sweet potato.
Yup you're dead right only bought a 2kg tub a couple of weeks ago & it's looking half empty atm. Used to always have eggs for breakfast & now can't stand them in the mornings. Usually scrambled though, boiled would be a lot easier to get through I think so probably will try it out. It's a shit ton less calories though unless you eat the yokes.

Would love to be eating all bran every day but milk is my vice & I'm very happy atm to not be drinking it! Over my whole life I probably averaged 1.5l a day Guess I could just eat a handful or 2 plain.
FeetMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-12, 13:54   #83
Keane
Martingale Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Keane
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeetMagic View Post
Would love to be eating all bran every day but milk is my vice & I'm very happy atm to not be drinking it! Over my whole life I probably averaged 1.5l a day Guess I could just eat a handful or 2 plain.
Mix your protein shake in with it instead of having more milk? I often eat it with just a drop of water tbh, I just like the stuff.
Old 17-05-12, 13:55   #84
Keane
Martingale Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Keane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmet View Post
I've only ever had it as part of a Protein Shake with water. Always found it thickened up the shake brilliantly tbh!

Trick is to consume immediately, don't give it time to expand in the water.
Never tried it with protein - just had it with water on it's own - might give it a try tomorrow and see if I can stomach it a bit better.
Old 17-05-12, 15:09   #85
cardshark202

Sorry to butt in but who the hell eats eggs without the yolks? They're the tastiest part! Mmmmm eggs....
cardshark202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 17-05-12, 15:45   #86
FeetMagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardshark202 View Post
Sorry to butt in but who the hell eats eggs without the yolks? They're the tastiest part! Mmmmm eggs....
Haha no problem. You'd be surprised, although the yoke makes it tastier it contains around 70 calories with no protein, whereas egg white is 10-20 calories & 4g protein. Unfortunately if you're doing a quick cut you don't have the luxury of thinking of taste first although you could if you put in more effort than me!
Old 17-05-12, 18:34   #87
FeetMagic

Appreciate all the advice, going to take it all on board as you'll see if you keep an eye on here

Updated:

Post-workout: Protein shake (250kcals) & brown bread sandwich, tuna, sweetcorn (est = 350 kcals)
Dinner: 1.5 chicken fillets (300 kcals) & salad w two tbls olive oil (80 kcals)
Snack: Flapjack (400 kcals ) & 2 black coffees (80 kcals)

Total intake: 1460 kcals
Old 17-05-12, 23:44   #88
Mellor

Quote:
Don't see the upside of going to the gym again fasted, I saw a few people mention it in blogs but fuck that no real gain to it imo.
There's no massive benefit to going fasted.
I do it for am sessions as I don't like to eat too much before gym.
But your energy shouldn't be much difference. 3 egg whites for breakfast won't affect your energy levels in the gym. It's mostly mental.

Quote:
Haha no problem. You'd be surprised, although the yoke makes it tastier it contains around 70 calories with no protein, whereas egg white is 10-20 calories & 4g protein. Unfortunately if you're doing a quick cut you don't have the luxury of thinking of taste first although you could if you put in more effort than me!
Not quite. The white has most of the protein, but the yolk has almost as much. Plus it has all the other nutrients. 3 egg whites isn't a decent breakfast.

There are extra calories to the yolk but this isn't a bad thing, its still comes out of your daily limit. Better to eat your yolks at breakfast than to some bread to fill a hole later.

35 Betfair bonus
Mellor is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Thanks From:
Old 18-05-12, 13:48   #89
FeetMagic

Cheers Mellor! Would I be right in saying a normal egg is about 90 kcals but just the egg white 20?

Intake so far:
3 egg whites (60), 1 full egg (90)
2 black coffees (80)
Small portion of beef strogonaff w rice & slice of brown bread (est 600 kcals)

Might be on the piss tonight so won't be eating again until I know!
Old 18-05-12, 13:49   #90
FeetMagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellor View Post
There's no massive benefit to going fasted.
I do it for am sessions as I don't like to eat too much before gym.
But your energy shouldn't be much difference. 3 egg whites for breakfast won't affect your energy levels in the gym. It's mostly mental..
Surprised to hear this to be honest. It must have just been the effects of the cut so as I'm wrecked again today! Need to up the sleep I think. Usually I go to the gym after work so never hungry going in.
Old 18-05-12, 17:33   #91
Moneymaker

Send a message via MSN to Moneymaker Send a message via Skype™ to Moneymaker
Stop being a girl and eat more ffs. You need to replenish glycogen stores and repair as well as fuel up adequately before training. Not eating before a workout is ridiculous tbh.

For digestion, green tea, brocolli, porridge(Jumbo Oats are the nuts) with flaxseed are your friends.

Also, caffeine before a workout is awesome. It'll give you a 5-8% boost. It's quite noticeable for my sessions when I don't take some in pre workout.
Moneymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-12, 19:11   #92
FeetMagic

Haha you don't think ~1600 kcals on a workout day & ~1200 on rest days is sufficient for my aims? Basically 4 weeks to drop ~4% BF.

Cheers for info mate, was hoping you'd post as I have great respect for what you've achieved! I usually eat a heap of brocolli with dinner & I take coffee too before workouts. It's savage! I am only 3/4 days into the cut so it's still trial & error, if I find myself consistently weak/tired (which kind of seems to be happening already but could be just adjusting) I'll obv increase. Prob see how I am on Mon/Tues. I'm not going to kill myself for the cut but I think it's sufficient atm.

Tomorrow I'll be drinking all day so going to have 4/5 eggs in morning & a coffee, workout, then a tin of tuna & hopefully don't go too far over maintenance with the drinking!

Total intake (rest day):
2 black coffees (80)
Large tin of tuna w sweetcorn mayonnaise & salad (500 kcals)

Total intake: 1330 kcals.
Thanks From:
Old 18-05-12, 20:31   #93
Moneymaker

Send a message via MSN to Moneymaker Send a message via Skype™ to Moneymaker
Quote:
Haha you don't think ~1600 kcals on a workout day & ~1200 on rest days is sufficient for my aims? Basically 4 weeks to drop ~4% BF.

Cheers for info mate, was hoping you'd post as I have great respect for what you've achieved! I usually eat a heap of brocolli with dinner & I take coffee too before workouts. It's savage! I am only 3/4 days into the cut so it's still trial & error, if I find myself consistently weak/tired (which kind of seems to be happening already but could be just adjusting) I'll obv increase. Prob see how I am on Mon/Tues. I'm not going to kill myself for the cut but I think it's sufficient atm.

Tomorrow I'll be drinking all day so going to have 4/5 eggs in morning & a coffee, workout, then a tin of tuna & hopefully don't go too far over maintenance with the drinking!

Total intake (rest day):
2 black coffees (80)
Large tin of tuna w sweetcorn mayonnaise & salad (500 kcals)

Total intake: 1330 kcals.
Thanks for the props, appreciate it!

You don't need to be on a super low cal diet to strip bodyfat. As long as the calories are clean(which looking at your food logs they are), should be grand.

Could be a number of reasons your fatigued. Lack of sleep, overtraining or you're not refuelling sufficiently. A huge meal right after you train is perfect. Your body won't store it as it'll all be used for repair and rebuilding the glycogen stores. I typically take in at least 1000 calories post workout(i'm on a different type of programme to be fair) and i've only put on 0.8% bf, despite gaining over 10kg on my latest programme.

Overtraining could be another reason, how often you training? You getting rest days in? Do you get a lot of DOMS?
Moneymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-12, 01:06   #94
FeetMagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneymaker View Post
Thanks for the props, appreciate it!

You don't need to be on a super low cal diet to strip bodyfat. As long as the calories are clean(which looking at your food logs they are), should be grand.

Could be a number of reasons your fatigued. Lack of sleep, overtraining or you're not refuelling sufficiently. A huge meal right after you train is perfect. Your body won't store it as it'll all be used for repair and rebuilding the glycogen stores. I typically take in at least 1000 calories post workout(i'm on a different type of programme to be fair) and i've only put on 0.8% bf, despite gaining over 10kg on my latest programme.

Overtraining could be another reason, how often you training? You getting rest days in? Do you get a lot of DOMS?
Ya definitely a lot to consider & should know more in the coming days. I train 5 if not 6 days a week & usually good sessions so that may have to be cut down for the coming weeks too. Don't get any DOMS but I get a lot of protein. Tomorrow is gym & drinking & Sunday will be a rest day so I will have a clear idea of whether I need to up the kcals on Tues after a session then & Mon.
Old 19-05-12, 04:16   #95
Mellor

Quote:
Cheers Mellor! Would I be right in saying a normal egg is about 90 kcals but just the egg white 20?
It completely depends on the size. Check the pack for data, the ones Ibuy are 70 cals total, but a bigger egg would be 90 and 20 of that in the white sounds right.

If I'm making a batch of Fritatas or something I might add a cup of egg whites to up the protein. But single meals I'll just go with eggs.

Quote:
Surprised to hear this to be honest. It must have just been the effects of the cut so as I'm wrecked again today! Need to up the sleep I think. Usually I go to the gym after work so never hungry going in.
Everyone's different really. But a lot of it is randomness.
I've hit PB bench pressing in the morning after not eating breakfast. I've had bad days after work were I loaded up with a high energy lunch.
When you are cutting you just have bad days more often.
Mellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-12, 12:18   #96
FeetMagic

Did a gym session yesterday & completed a decent workout.

Yesterday's intake:
4 egg whites, 2 full eggs - 260 kcals
Ham & cheese toastie - 300 kcals
Drink - 2400 kcals
Old 21-05-12, 08:31   #97
FeetMagic

Terrible day yest:

Bowl of all bran & corn flakes w milk: 300 kcals
Milky way & taytos: 250 kcals
McFlurry: 700kcals
Footlong subway: 850 kcals
3 cookies: 300 kcals
Coke: 200 kcals
Bowl of weetabix w milk: 350 kcals

Total intake: 2950 kcals

I will weigh in today after gym session, hopefully there is some decrease on the 78kg starting weight.
Old 21-05-12, 08:44   #98
smoothcall
Asteroids Champion

700 cals in a mcflurry, sick! No biggy anyway, back on track today..
smoothcall is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Thanks From:
Old 21-05-12, 09:32   #99
FeetMagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothcall View Post
700 cals in a mcflurry, sick! No biggy anyway, back on track today..
Ya just googled it & std one is 620 kcals - the only McFlurry option is to have all the toppings! Prob even upwards of 700...

Ya I cut Tues-Fri so I'm hoping I see at least half a kg loss today, would be delighted to see 77kg.
Old 21-05-12, 19:39   #100
FeetMagic

Quote:
I will weigh in today after gym session, hopefully there is some decrease on the 78kg starting weight.
76kg on the button. Very happy with that for 6 days' work considering the caloric surplus 2 of the 6 days. I ran 7.5km in gym before weighing myself so that would obv have an effect but it's been a good week & I'm looking forward to weighing in next Mon already. I'll set the target at 75.2 for 7 days time which should be do-able with a deficit 6/7 & training another 4/5 times.

Intake today:

2 egg whites, 2 full eggs (220 kcals)
Tuna wrap w crisps (450 kcals)
Chicken fillet w veg (300 kcals)
Post workout shake (250 kcals)
1 coffee w milk & sugar (110 kcals)

Total intake: 1330 kcals, will have a handful or two of sesame sticks later to bring it up to about 1500
Thanks From:

Irish Poker Boards > Community, Tech, and Feedback > Personal Logs