Irish Poker Boards
D4Events Feb17
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Staking / Selling %

Old 24-06-12, 12:59   #221
Dimoxinil

Ok, maybe I came across as a bit of a cunt and could have worded my op better but alas I cant change that now.

In general, if I know the person or have had dealings with them in the past, I would hold off on collecting from them if they gave me a valid and reasonable excuse. Usually its for small amounts so I can easily survive without it. The problem here is, that I was contacted by a few people stating they were also in the same boat as me.

I knew I would cause a shitstorm for both DD and myself by posting, but it seems a few people knew what was going on but nobody else wanted to start a mud slinging contest.

I have seen what a bad gambling addiction can do to 2 close workmates of mine, and by fuck, I wont stand back and see this happening here any longer.

In summary, I cant wave a magic wand and make everything better, but I hope it is all sorted out soon for all parties.
Dimoxinil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-12, 13:16   #222
5starpool
Administrator

Just so people are aware, there is more than 1 person owed long term from predictions escrow.
Old 24-06-12, 13:19   #223
ArmaniJeans
Closed Account

Location: In the heart of Transylvania, in the Vampire Hall of Fame Yeah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimoxinil View Post
Ok, maybe I came across as a bit of a cunt and could have worded my op better but alas I cant change that now.
Not at all, you were entitled to phrase it anyway you wanted imo. If anyone is giving you stick they should fuck right off.
ArmaniJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-12, 13:28   #224
Bubbleking
Always loved Keano

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
Not at all, you were entitled to phrase it anyway you wanted imo. If anyone is giving you stick they should fuck right off.
+1 I wasn't having a go at him at all earlier just providing the experience I had
Bubbleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 24-06-12, 15:33   #225
Lord Sir Christmas
Jingle Bells m8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedini View Post
did you get paid from the prem predictions yet?
Not yet.

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $
Lord Sir Christmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-12, 16:00   #226
SirRickyHatton
Banned

This is disgusting. Should be instantly banned. Ive put up what I think about it all in the bbv just now.

Ckids post is by far the best. Such double standards.
SirRickyHatton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-12, 16:35   #227
imidg

Lets not kid ourselves, i'm pretty sure there are some posters members on here who have gambling problems,maybe a section with GA addresses/phone numbers/advice might help someone.
After all this is a community and help should available on here if needed.
imidg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-12, 16:58   #228
LuckyLloyd
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by The C Kid View Post
Pretty hilarious double standards in how a regular poster is treated in this situation compared with people who have less posts or people who aren't long-term regulars.
Spot on.

I take a very dim view of this personally. In this case the reputation built up on here over time that means he is being afforded greater tolerance is exactly what was abused when he lost / spent / gambled a pool of money he was entrusted to escrow.

- If Danny wasn't well liked, respected and considered a decent bloke he wouldn't have been acceptable as an escrow;
- After he fails to carry out his escrow responsibilities he is afforded more time and patience to make good because he is well liked, respected and considered a decent bloke;

The thing I hate most about the poker community is that so, so many turn out to be unreliable or untrustworthy as the years roll on.

I'd imagine Danny had and has good intentions and didn't intend to get into this situation, but escrow funds should be released instantly or, at worst, within days of being due for payment.

I hope things improve for Danny and he opens a dialogue with those he owes money to. Might take a while to dig himself out of this hole. Hopefully he can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imidg View Post
Lets not kid ourselves, i'm pretty sure there are some posters members on here who have gambling problems,maybe a section with GA addresses/phone numbers/advice might help someone.
After all this is a community and help should available on here if needed.
Good idea...

Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Staking / Selling %