Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Poker Theory, Strategy and Rulings > Rules and Rulings

Old 11-07-16, 21:50   #41
5starpool
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkey66 View Post
You need to re-read OP it's about a best hand pool an "YOU MUST USE YOUR 2 HOLE CARDS"
Yes, that is the point I'm making. In some hands your best 5 card hands don't use your 2 hole cards. In those cases, such as in the OP, or the 89dd hand. You can't choose which 5 cards you use, the cards speak for themselves. It isn't complicated.
Old 11-07-16, 21:54   #42
Mattstar7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobby View Post
Yes. You must use your two hole cards but you can't just ignore the bog standard rules of the game either lol. The lack of common sense here is really astounding.
well said
Your two hole cards can only be used if they make up part of the winning hand

The winning hand is AAAAK
Mattstar7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-16, 22:45   #43
Mellor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossiesAbu View Post
A hand is your best 5 cards, you were done imo
Read what you just wrote.

His "best 5 cards" is four from the board and one from the table. It doesn't count towards the jackpot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RossiesAbu View Post
4th card doesnt improve his hand if he's using three board cards and his two hole cards. He has a 45678d straight flush.
And his best 5 cards is a 5-9 straight flush

This is really simple, anyone who doesn't get it is playing dumb to trying to scoop the prize.

35 Betfair bonus
Mellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 12-07-16, 08:03   #44
gerk2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkey66 View Post
Surley AAA A10 is the best hand unless someone hit a straight flush using their 2 whole cards or AAA AJ/Q/K . AAA A10 has to best hand unless someone beat it . What was the money paid out on ?
House won best hand on nite
gerk2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-16, 08:31   #45
Strewelpeter

Lol
So the prize is awarded to the best hand of the night that went to showdown and won a hand while using both hole cards ???
Old 12-07-16, 08:39   #46
5starpool
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strewelpeter View Post
Lol
So the prize is awarded to the best hand of the night that went to showdown and won a hand while using both hole cards ???
Reasonably standard I think. I know the bad beat in the Fitz meant that both cards had to be part of both hands (or perhaps just the hand that was beaten) to be eligible for the bad beat jackpot.
Old 12-07-16, 09:23   #47
gerk2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strewelpeter View Post
Lol
It doesn't have to go to showdown where I played.all that players were told is that you must use ur 2 hole cards to win best hand.no other rules were stated.i had AAA and hole cards were A 10 but organizer stated that k on board came into play.for winning the pot it does but for best hand I feel hard done by cos I have quads with 10 kicker for purpose of best hand
Old 12-07-16, 09:42   #48
dobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerk2015 View Post
It doesn't have to go to showdown where I played.all that players were told is that you must use ur 2 hole cards to win best hand.no other rules were stated.i had AAA and hole cards were A 10 but organizer stated that k on board came into play.for winning the pot it does but for best hand I feel hard done by cos I have quads with 10 kicker for purpose of best hand
No. You have quads with a K kicker. You can't just ignore the K to suit your own interests. Organiser is 100% correct. Stop angle shooting.

Everything else is legit. You don't have to go to showdown but you must show your cards to quaify for the "high hand jackpot". You must use both hole cards to claim it. And it must tie in with regular rules of Holdem, I.e. you cannot just discard a particular card to suit yourself. Lol.
dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-16, 09:42   #49
gerk2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5starpool View Post
Reasonably standard I think. I know the bad beat in the Fitz meant that both cards had to be part of both hands (or perhaps just the hand that was beaten) to be eligible for the bad beat jackpot.
starpool,do you not think for purposes of using both your hole cards to win best hand that I should have won best hand?obviously there is better hand there to win pot.only thing said was u must use ur 2 hole cards.i had quads using my 2 hole cards and ONLY 3 cards on board. I think the word only plays big part in this debate.wasnt said but when told u must use both hole cards,then you only have 3 spaces to fill don't you???
Old 12-07-16, 09:45   #50
ArmaniJeans
Closed Account

Location: In the heart of Transylvania, in the Vampire Hall of Fame Yeah.
Quote:
I feel hard done by cos I have quads with 10 kicker for purpose of best hand
Its annoying but you've no real reason to feel hard done by - its a fairly standard rule.

Vague memory of reading a hand where someone in LV got rivered that way for a $500K+ jackpot hand - think it was the straight flush example, when the 9d came on the river. Plenty of table merriment apparently as the guy had been giving it lots of dancing on the turn.
ArmaniJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-16, 09:45   #51
gerk2015

Seems to be split opinion. Thanks for all input
Thanks From:
Old 12-07-16, 12:17   #52
dobby

Quote:
It's really not. Anyone who thinks you should have won doesn't understand the situation fully. Unlucky m8.
Old 12-07-16, 12:23   #53
Mellor

Quote:
Where the split opinion, everyone is saying you are mistaken and are angleshooting.

The presence of the K means the T isn't in play in this hand. The fact you CAN make quads using the T is irrelevant. It's not in play.
I'm not sure why that rule is in place, but it was clearly stated st the start of play, so your claim is baseless.
Mellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 23-08-16, 13:22   #54
Atlantispoker

I think the TD may not be too clear on the rules here . I'm guessing he was trying to stop straight/royal flushes counting where the player is using only 1 of his cards with 4 from the board, but really your 4A 10 high should be the winning hand unless 4A J high comes out later
Atlantispoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 05-09-16, 14:48   #55
gerk2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantispoker View Post
I think the TD may not be too clear on the rules here . I'm guessing he was trying to stop straight/royal flushes counting where the player is using only 1 of his cards with 4 from the board, but really your 4A 10 high should be the winning hand unless 4A J high comes out later
Thanks for input but that happened few months ago now.
Old 14-09-16, 22:52   #56
Kie Diddy

Longest thread in months and it's a debate on...how to a read the board in NLH. Sigh.
Kie Diddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-17, 19:05   #57
carlinrose

If I have ak in my hand and the board comes akkkq does my hand qualify as winning best hand on the night. Somebody else had jj on a 239jj board. Which hand should win best hand?
carlinrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-17, 19:27   #58
brady23

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlinrose View Post
If I have ak in my hand and the board comes akkkq does my hand qualify as winning best hand on the night. Somebody else had jj on a 239jj board. Which hand should win best hand?
If it was stipulated that you must use two hold cards then other person wins, if not you win
brady23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-17, 20:32   #59
carlinrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by brady23 View Post
If it was stipulated that you must use two hold cards then other person wins, if not you win
But I am using my AK to make up the hand.
carlinrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-17, 20:38   #60
dobby

Quote:
Quote:
But I am using my AK to make up the hand.

Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Poker Theory, Strategy and Rulings > Rules and Rulings