Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Community, Tech, and Feedback > Personal Logs

Old 17-03-15, 01:44   #21
Tar.Aldarion

Send a message via MSN to Tar.Aldarion Send a message via Skype™ to Tar.Aldarion
Ran 8km tonight, probably shouldnt have started around midnight. Wrecked now, was a slow pace but was quite lethargic.
Old 19-03-15, 00:54   #22
Tar.Aldarion

Send a message via MSN to Tar.Aldarion Send a message via Skype™ to Tar.Aldarion
Ran 8.2k today and 8.5k on crosstrainer, not so bad. Have rounded it off with a walk and some foam rolling/attempted yoga.
Will try some pull ups before bed if I can get off this chair (probably not)

Ankes were quite sore running, not used to the strain, powered through that and will see how they are tomorrow
Old 19-03-15, 16:06   #23
Tar.Aldarion

Did a core strength class today, felt a bit sick after it haha. Then 2km on crosstrainer.
Old 19-03-15, 16:36   #24
Lplated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
Ankes were quite sore running, not used to the strain, powered through that and will see how they are tomorrow
Have a look online for 'chi running' - don't need to buy any stuff/course/book to figure out the basics, but its great for 'pain-free' running, or more accurately pain-free 'after-running'.

I've been doing it three years or so. Previously I constantly had pains and aches, often times would give-in and cancel a run. Some kind soul got me the book (about 10 euro), and I've never (honestly) had a pain since. I run 5 miles at a time, sometimes 4 or 5 times a week, then sometimes miss a month, and I go staight back to 5 miles or a bit more, all the time with no pain, ache or after effect.
Lplated is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 19-03-15, 16:51   #25
Tar.Aldarion

Awesome thanks, will luck into it, get very annoyed when I want to do this stuff and my body is complaining.
Old 19-03-15, 22:41   #26
Tar.Aldarion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lplated View Post
Have a look online for 'chi running' - don't need to buy any stuff/course/book to figure out the basics, but its great for 'pain-free' running, or more accurately pain-free 'after-running'.

I've been doing it three years or so. Previously I constantly had pains and aches, often times would give-in and cancel a run. Some kind soul got me the book (about 10 euro), and I've never (honestly) had a pain since. I run 5 miles at a time, sometimes 4 or 5 times a week, then sometimes miss a month, and I go staight back to 5 miles or a bit more, all the time with no pain, ache or after effect.
The leaning forward alone will probably revolutionize my runs, thank you.
Old 21-03-15, 10:48   #27
Tar.Aldarion

Yesterday did 9.2k on crosstrainer 50 min, couldn't run due to pain from previous days core workout, every step was pain.
Old 21-03-15, 15:24   #28
Lplated

Quote:
The leaning forward alone will probably revolutionize my runs, thank you.
Most of my pains/stiffness used to be in my legs, usually the evening of a run or the morning after. For me the most important bit is picking my legs up from my thighs (my wording), rather than banging down/pushing off the ground. From memory, the first day I tried it properly, I had slight ache in my hip/thigh but nothing at all since.

Also think concepts like controlling hand swinging, remembering to breathe etc are important, especially when starting out. Glgl
Lplated is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 22-03-15, 01:15   #29
Tar.Aldarion

Walked about 10-15k today

Now I ran 8.5k, 7.5k was a jog with lead legs struggling to go on haha, I was nearly falling asleep I was so tired during it. For the last kilometre I incorporated a bit of the running form from chi running/good running posture and it really worked, felt I was driving forward with a lot of power. Ran that in about 4 mins but could have went faster, wasn't going all out. Considering that was my personal best anyway and how fucked I am, pretty happy with that.

Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 22-03-15 at 01:29.
Tar.Aldarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 24-03-15, 01:41   #30
Tar.Aldarion

Ran my first ever 10k tonight, not bad since a week ago I'd never ran more than 5k. Slow going but trying to get distance first. Still my shins/calves/ankles holding me back yet so they need to get used to running.

Did 8k on crosstrainer earlier. Signed up for my first 5k race today too, a charity run for the Irish Kidney Association.
Old 24-03-15, 01:54   #31
Mellor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellor View Post
Sets 1 - 3Day 1Day 2Day 3
Week 13,2,23,3,23,3,3
Week 24,3,33,3,24,4,4
Week 35,4,45,5,45,5,5
Week 46,5,56,6,56,6,6
Week 57,6,67,7,67,7,7
How are the pull-ups going?

35 Betfair bonus
Mellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 24-03-15, 02:05   #32
Tar.Aldarion

Thanks for reminding me as I really need to start doing them, been a lazy wanker. I do a couple now and again with the resistance band but nothing much, it makes it so much easier as I'm 80kg without much of it being muscle (was 95kg last year). Gonna go do some sets now with it.

edit: all the pullups sop far have been with the band, I cant do them without.
A lot of the time after pushups I find my body too sore to do them on those recovery days, not sure it's healthy to. But that's just me giving myself excuses.

Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 24-03-15 at 02:12.
Tar.Aldarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-15, 05:24   #33
Mellor

Quote:
edit: all the pullups sop far have been with the band, I cant do them without.
That's fine. Run through that entire micro-program with the band. Then do it again with a smaller band if necessary. It takes ages to add reps to pull ups.

35 Betfair bonus
Mellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 25-03-15, 12:09   #34
Tar.Aldarion

Yesterday I did 8.5k on the crosstrainer and day one of the pullup program (with band)
Old 27-03-15, 16:09   #35
Tar.Aldarion

Yesterday another 8.5k on crosstrainer and a few hours snowboarding which was fairly good workout!
Old 29-03-15, 21:27   #36
Tar.Aldarion

My wrists got hurt snowboarding so I've laid off witht he pullups, pushups, fail. Still rather sore.

Ran 10km last night. Today my mother paid a surprise visit so exercise went out the window, unless the 20k steps around pennies and forever21 counts...
Old 31-03-15, 11:51   #37
Tar.Aldarion

Did 8.6k on crosstrainer yesterday. Will be starting pullups today hopefully, fecking wrists.
Ankle was getting random shooting pain that lasts a second all yesterday evening, might be nerve issue with running. Will try a run tomorrow maybe. Down another 1.5kg recently, should help a little as I condition my legs/ankles.
Old 31-03-15, 20:56   #38
Tar.Aldarion

8.6km on cross trainer today, gonna try yoga and pullups later on.

Will start weights soon when I lose weight or when I coplete hell and back.

This is pretty awesome:
https://i.imgur.com/3iKCfcQ.gifv
Old 02-04-15, 00:10   #39
Tar.Aldarion

Today:

8.5k on crosstrainer
8.3k running - from the first step my legs were lead, so that was hard going.
foam rolling afterwards
few band assisted pullups.
/collapse
Old 03-04-15, 01:07   #40
Tar.Aldarion

Did 8k on crosstrainer today, about 5000 calories of cardio done so far this week, am wrecked.

Irish Poker Boards > Community, Tech, and Feedback > Personal Logs