Irish Poker Boards
D4Events Feb17
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Community, Tech, and Feedback > Bugs, Suggestions and Queries

Old 18-09-12, 13:53   #1
Strewelpeter

Android data usage isssue

I'm having an issue on the S3 where Gallery is uploading photos, the problem is that I can't figure out where it is sending them to or how to stop it

I do allow all pics to go up to Google+ but I have that restricted to WiFi only and it seems to be working correctly. I can't find any relevant settings in the Gallery App to control uploading and I can't think where they are going.

Any ideas what I'm missing?
Old 18-09-12, 14:06   #2
5starpool
Administrator

Check in the account sync settings. Under settings>accounts>google>your email address>photo sync.

I don't know if that's separate from the google+ sync as I don't use g+, but worth checking. Those settings are from a galaxy nexus but should be the same I think for the GS3.
Old 18-09-12, 14:11   #3
Denny Crane
Undefeated

Are you using dropbox?

Denny Crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-12, 14:13   #4
Strewelpeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5starpool View Post
Check in the account sync settings. Under settings>accounts>google>your email address>photo sync.

I don't know if that's separate from the google+ sync as I don't use g+, but worth checking. Those settings are from a galaxy nexus but should be the same I think for the GS3.
Doh!

Sync Google photos and Picassa Web Albums were both selected under that, looks like I may have been downloading updates I've made elsewhere to the phone, doesn't seem to have the granularity to seperate them into wifi and mobile.

Hopefully that will sort it
Thanks
Old 18-09-12, 14:14   #5
Strewelpeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny Crane View Post
Are you using dropbox?
Yea, sorry, I meant to put in the op that I have dropbox photo sharing turned off.
Old 18-09-12, 14:39   #6
SatNav
Oink Oink

Send a message via MSN to SatNav
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strewelpeter View Post
Yea, sorry, I meant to put in the op that I have dropbox photo sharing turned off.
I love the way my pics automatically sync to my PC Dropbox. So handy!
SatNav is online now   Reply With Quote

Irish Poker Boards > Community, Tech, and Feedback > Bugs, Suggestions and Queries