Irish Poker Boards
GG Poker May 17
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Staking / Selling %

Old 16-07-12, 01:30   #1
Mellor

MMA Betting Shares

Bit of a variation on the usual shares thread. I'm proposing to sell shares into a betting fund. The fund will be solely focused on MMA betting. For the purposes of the fund, I'll open a new account(s), exact sites to be decided, but Bet365 will prob be one of the first to avail of the bonus dollars. Having access to a second book might give a slight edge, so if the initial pool is over $200. I'll look into a second account. All accounts will be completely new and no other activity other than that which is related to the fund will take place. The share price is below, people can but as many shares as they like, but they must be purchased as whole shares. The book will run for 5 events, then be reviewed.

I'll have a few restrictive rules in place. Most common sense stuff. No more than 20% on a single bet, no massive accums etc. I'll post a list before the off, and people can make suggestions.
I won't be taking any cut and will be buying a share(s) just like every one else. I want this to be as transparent as possible. TBH, if you don't trust me, please don't invest. I'll of course answer any questions about the find, bets, etc at any time. But I'd rather if people felt their money was secure from the start rather than getting worried just before an event when time is better spent going through matches.

1. Name : Mellor
2. Event : Upcoming MMA events. Next 5 min
3. Total fund : Dependent on investors. TBA.
4. Cost per share : $20
5. Any Mark Up : No markup, no cut taken
6. Means of money transfer : Moneybookers preferred for direct deposit. Can possibly arrange PokerStars. PM
7. Any other info : Recent Stats posted below

Stats:
Based on 10 - 12 events and 114 fights so far this year.

Correct winner: 79/114 (69.3%)
Correct round and method: 19/79 (24.1%)
Confidance boost picks: 40/54 (74.1%)

35 Betfair bonus
Mellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-12, 02:30   #2
poprock

I would be interested in this, I do a bit of mma betting and I notice big discrepancies between odds on american sites and european, and some good points of value.

Bet365 seems to have some of the worst odds, and very few options in the mma markets, however there 200 offer negates that point.

As I understand from reading your post, you are deciding all bets and will take our suggestions into consideration. The stats you posted below which appear quite good, do not indicate percentage profit points, ie picking jon jones in every fight is not the road to riches, I am in no way suggesting you done this, it would be better to indicate profit via 1 bet on each 114 picks, showing profits on said bets.

I believe I have read some of your posts previously and have been impressed. I would like to buy 10 shares,
lets us know where you want the funds shipped, $200 on stars?

I look forward to discussing our bets.
poprock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-12, 03:11   #3
Mellor

Quote:
Originally Posted by poprock View Post
Bet365 seems to have some of the worst odds, and very few options in the mma markets, however there €200 offer negates that point.
Their odds are better lately. I check the markets on odds checker a lot. They tend to skew slightly from Boyles, Paddy, Laddies etc.
They are currently best price on Uriah Faber to take the belt. Paddy Power are best on Barao

Quote:
As I understand from reading your post, you are deciding all bets and will take our suggestions into consideration. The stats you posted below which appear quite good, do not indicate percentage profit points, ie picking jon jones in every fight is not the road to riches, I am in no way suggesting you done this, it would be better to indicate profit via €1 bet on each 114 picks, showing profits on said bets.
I'll be deciding all bets.
I've no problem with people posting suggestions and taking part in discussion. But ultimately it's my decision.
I understand that can potentially be annoying, if somebody thinks fighter A will win, and I ignore the suggestion, which turns out to be right. But, the other side of that is if I make the bet and the suggestion is wrong. I don't want to present a situation where the blame can be passed on. Also, there's the chance that people will be split on a decision. So I have to accept complete responsibility for all action.

Those stats are from my own predictions over the last 10 events of so. Tracked via an MMA predictions on Sherdog. I've one of the higher win rates on the site, so felt it was a good indicator of ability verses the average MMA fan/punter.
I know it doesn't give a reflection of ROI, but its the only stat I have concrete numbers for. I really should of tracked my betting on boyles and betfair better. But I think in general, MMA makes me consistent profit, and I spew it off on the likes of Cheltenham and the world cup.
That's one of the driving factors here. Forcing myself to be accountable and only sticking to MMA markets and putting in the time doing history.

Quote:
I believe I have read some of your posts previously and have been impressed. I would like to buy 10 shares,
lets us know where you want the funds shipped, $200 on stars?

I look forward to discussing our bets.
Ideally moneybookers would be best. That way I can deposit to one site altogether. I'm a little concerned that If I take a lot of funds via transfer on stars, they might not let me withdraw to MB to deposit.
I can facilitate some transfers on stars, and i'll sort out myself. The likes of single shares for a sweat etc. But 10 shares is too much. I can't do that for everyone, and I want everyone to be equal to make life easier what cashing out.

35 Betfair bonus

Last edited by Mellor; 16-07-12 at 03:18.
Old 16-07-12, 08:22   #4
FeetMagic

I'll definitely take a few shares in this - what's the procedure with withdrawing then?

EDIT: Provisionally in for 10 shares.

Last edited by FeetMagic; 16-07-12 at 08:42.
FeetMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-12, 08:30   #5
Gimmeabreak
Chief Tipster

This is interesting - I was actually considering doing something similar for betfair where I would personally sink €5k and raise €5k through investment. It was to be based exclusively on laying horses for 5% of tank. I hesitated on doing it though as I recall that shite that went on over on Blonde Poker forum and thought people might be skeptical. I may reconsider though.

Anyway - Il take a share of this for the craic. It will be interesting to follow the progress.
Gimmeabreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 16-07-12, 08:36   #6
Emmet
Bashful the next day

In for 2 shares please.
Emmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-12, 08:41   #7
ianmc38

I'll take 10 shares.
Old 16-07-12, 08:43   #8
Thepebble

i'll take 5 shares if it is possible to ship on stars?
Thepebble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-12, 09:44   #9
poprock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellor View Post

Ideally moneybookers would be best. That way I can deposit to one site altogether. I'm a little concerned that If I take a lot of funds via transfer on stars, they might not let me withdraw to MB to deposit.
I can facilitate some transfers on stars, and i'll sort out myself. The likes of single shares for a sweat etc. But 10 shares is too much. I can't do that for everyone, and I want everyone to be equal to make life easier what cashing out.
That is no problem, I can send bank transfers also.
I do not have a moneybookers account but could set up, whatever is easiest
for yourself.
These companies seem to charge a lot for transferring funds and have numerous hidden charges
Old 16-07-12, 09:44   #10
Mellor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeetMagic View Post
I'll definitely take a few shares in this - what's the procedure with withdrawing then?

EDIT: Provisionally in for 10 shares.
I plan to review after 5 events.
If it's closing at that point. I'll withdraw the lot and transfer funds based on the share value. If its continuing, then I'll give everyone the option.
Old 16-07-12, 09:53   #11
FeetMagic

Quote:
I plan to review after 5 events.
If it's closing at that point. I'll withdraw the lot and transfer funds based on the share value. If its continuing, then I'll give everyone the option.
Sounds good to me. In for 10 if I can ship on Boyles/Stars/Paypal.
Old 16-07-12, 09:54   #12
poprock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeabreak View Post
This is interesting - I was actually considering doing something similar for betfair where I would personally sink 5k and raise 5k through investment. It was to be based exclusively on laying horses for 5% of tank. I hesitated on doing it though as I recall that shite that went on over on Blonde Poker forum and thought people might be skeptical. I may reconsider though.

Anyway - Il take a share of this for the craic. It will be interesting to follow the progress.
Sorry to derail the thread for a quick post.

This is something, I would be very interested in. Considering the large bankroll required to
go into laying 20k etc. Set it up, would be willing to invest decent sum.I would have information to advise also.

Please send link to Blonde Poker forum fiasco.
Old 16-07-12, 10:00   #13
FeetMagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeetMagic View Post
Sounds good to me. In for 10 if I can ship on Boyles/Stars/Paypal.
Just read through the posts in more detail. I can do a bank transfer or set up Moneybookers no problem.
Old 16-07-12, 10:50   #14
shano_88

Sounds interesting, in for 2 shares
shano_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-12, 11:29   #15
Kenny
Snake Champion

In for 2 please
Kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-12, 11:43   #16
shortstack

I'll have a punt, send on MB details. Won't be making any suggestions as know nothing about MMA

5 Shares please.

www.d4events.com
shortstack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-12, 12:47   #17
Mellor

I'll PM MoneyBookers info in a while. On phone ATM so too much hassle.
I'll see what I can arrange via PayPal, Boyles etc.
Old 16-07-12, 13:03   #18
smoothcall
Asteroids Champion

Quote:

Stats:
Based on 10 - 12 events and 114 fights so far this year.

Correct winner: 79/114 (69.3%)
Correct round and method: 19/79 (24.1%)
Confidance boost picks: 40/54 (74.1%)
These stats don't really tell you much, its all about ROI. you should save as much information as possible. You can then look back and see where you were doing good/bad.

A good idea is price the fights yourself before you look at the odds and then back if your more than 5% out. Take note of what you had it priced and what you backed at for the review, its rewarding to see if your ave ROI is close to your expected.

Gl with it
smoothcall is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Old 16-07-12, 13:15   #19
Mellor

Also let's say it's initially capped at 75 shares. And I'll take 10 also.
Currently 56 reserved plus what ever GAB is taking.
Old 16-07-12, 13:33   #20
sgtbilko77

Send a message via Skype™ to sgtbilko77
2 shares for me please.
sgtbilko77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Staking / Selling %