Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd bet the turn. No way SB is checking a set there and MP can have any old bag of spanners.
    Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Do you think Hero has played it ok up to the turn?

Thoughts on a flop shove / fold?

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post

id bet the turn for sure

I dont like jamming the flop as think nothing that beats our hand folds

Comment

minibrag: Started grinding again at the start of March, 10 tabled my way through 10nl 20nl and now 50nl startin with a 93 euro roll!

Comment

Love this shit

No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) ($100)
            BB ($157.69)
            UTG ($137.50)
            MP ($101)
            Button ($99.50)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, J
            2 folds, Button bets $2, Hero raises $6.50, 1 fold, Button calls $5

Flop: ($15) A, 2, 4 (2 players)
            Hero bets $8, Button raises $21, Hero calls $13

Turn: ($57) 6 (2 players)
            Hero checks, Button bets $71.50 (All-In), Hero calls $71.50

River: ($200) Q (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $200

Results:
            Button had 10, J (high card, Ace).
            Hero had A, J (one pair, Aces).
            Outcome: Hero won $197

Comment

Not mad on a flop shove and even less keen on a flop fold.

Comment

Live 2/5 hand, 6 handed, effective 500. Not at table long, everyone sober, CO (Irish, in 30s I'd guess) has open limped twice already without going to showdown

CO limps, I limp 7h8h (I don't want to raise as aggro SB likely to 3b), SB folds, BB checks

Flop Ah 8d 5h (€17)
                Check, CO bets €10, I call, BB folds

Turn 9h (€37)
                Check, I bet 20 (bet more I know), call

Riv 5d (€77)
                He donks for 35. Me?

Comment

How is he playing before this. It's either a call or a raise fold assuming he will never turn a worse flush or a straight into a bluff by accident. I'd make it 125 and fold to a shove I think.

Comment

I just flat call, don't think theres many hands we beat calling a raise.

Comment

It was only a few hands in, as far as I remember he just played the two he limped, picked up one with bet on flop and folded flop in the other

Comment

Even based soley on the fact that this is live I think raise/fold is best here...He shouldn't have full houses very often and I can't see him folding a straight or even a bare five if he'd play one this way.
                        "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Sorry didnt noticve the board pairing. I think Id just call but I dont mind raise fold..

Comment

Def a raise fold there. Make it a small raise though, like 105/fold

Comment

Thanks all, I made it 100 and lost to QhTh

Comment

vs a standard 16/15 player, what is your calling range here?
                                this was a 6max table, we had both just taken out two shorties and two sitouts after

What does my hand look like to you? Wondering about the lines on these kind of boards.

What do you call with if you're the villain here?

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (2 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (BB) ($31.77)
                                SB ($32.77)

Preflop: Hero is BB with ???
                                SB bets $0.70, Hero raises $2.20, SB calls $1.60

Flop: ($4.80) 6, 3, 5 (2 players)
                                Hero checks, SB bets $2.40, Hero raises $6, SB calls $3.60

Turn: ($16.80) 9 (2 players)
                                Hero bets $23.37 (All-In), SB calls $23.37

River: ($63.54) 3 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $63.54

Comment

snap fold yeah

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 4.4 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP1 (t1970)
                                  MP2 (t1320)
                                  Hero (MP3) (t1570)
                                  CO (t1580)
                                  Button (t1030)
                                  SB (t2430)
                                  BB (t1510)
                                  UTG (t1930)
                                  UTG+1 (t2130)

Hero's M: 52.33

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, K
                                  UTG bets t80, 3 folds, Hero raises to t220, 2 folds, SB raises to t360, 3 folds

Total pot: t540

Results:
                                  SB didn't show
                                  Outcome: SB won t540

Comment

i wouldn't say snap fold. But its a fold without reads alright.

Too early in the tournament to be flipping for stacks

Comment

i wouldn't say snap fold. But its a fold without reads alright.

Too early in the tournament to be flipping for stacks
                                      i dont think im flipping after a cold 4 bet

iv no prob with flipping early though if needs be.

Comment

my bad, thought it was UTG's 4bet.

Its not a good idea to be flipping when you have a decent M. You're losing money long term.

A flip for 1/90th of the total amount of chips is not a good move.

Also, I play AK in early stages of these same as I play AQ/AJ, I don't 3bet them, as I find I am getting far more value out of the hand by valuetowning smaller Aces, which seem to be a huge part of players ranges in these

Comment

wtf is going on with my redline?

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                                            snap fold yeah

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 4.4 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP1 (t1970)
                                            MP2 (t1320)
                                            Hero (MP3) (t1570)
                                            CO (t1580)
                                            Button (t1030)
                                            SB (t2430)
                                            BB (t1510)
                                            UTG (t1930)
                                            UTG+1 (t2130)

Hero's M: 52.33

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, K
                                            UTG bets t80, 3 folds, Hero raises to t220, 2 folds, SB raises to t360, 3 folds

Total pot: t540

Results:
                                            SB didn't show
                                            Outcome: SB won t540
                                            Am I reading it right that you have to put in another 140 with AK? Whats a fold about this? Genuinly confused?

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                              Am I reading it right that you have to put in another 140 with AK? Whats a fold about this? Genuinly confused?
                                              the fact that im 3-betting an UTG raise and get cold 4 bet by the SB means its always AA/KK IMO

Comment

I'd just flat pre Tony.
                                                Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

the fact that im 3-betting an UTG raise and get cold 4 bet by the SB means its always AA/KK IMO
                                                  I cant imagine putting in 220 then folding AK for another 140 ever basically.

Comment

Well thank fck for that. Finally I've broken the vodoo curse that's been hanging over me for close to a year. Made the FT in a decent sized (low buy-in) tourney.

Ever since I started playing cash I've started losing in tourneys.... coincidental... I think not.

Cliff Notes:

When down to the last 30 (2450 entries) I got into an all in, KK vs AQ for a 960k pot; which would put me in 2nd place. Obviously I lost with a second Q coming on the river.
                                                    This left me with a measly 63k, with blinds at 7k/14k and Antes.

Shoved first hand with 64s. Two callers who checked down, I rivered a flush for treble up.
                                                    Shoved in mp with 53s, got called by A5s in the bb. Flopped a straight

Back up to 400k, went on from there. The standard at the final table was worse than I have ever seen before. It was only a small buy in tourney, but this was just unbelievable. There was only one other player at the table that had something resembling skill.

Was chip leader by a long way when I got down to final three and the other two players were absolutely TERRIBLE.

But alas, ran Q10 into K7 on a 2 7 10r flop for a massive pot against an idiot luckbox who called with ATC preflop and pretty much check called with any hit post flop. Eventually came 2nd to that muppet as I couldn't hit flops and had to check down a lot. Went with a flush draw and overs in the end, but no good against his bottom pair.

Only a small token really, but its the first 2k+ tourney win in a long long while so it made me smile a bit. Please let this be the beginning of a run good period in Tournaments. Haven't had a decent return since 08. (I play a hell of a lot less these days, but thats a bit chicken and egg)

Comment

Spew. Or nh? I can't decide

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($25)
                                                      CO ($26.55)
                                                      Hero (Button) ($30.14)
                                                      SB ($25)
                                                      BB ($46.75)
                                                      UTG ($22.68)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J, Q
                                                      UTG bets $0.68, MP calls $0.68, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.68, 1 fold, BB calls $0.43

Flop: ($2.82) 5, 10, A (4 players)
                                                      BB bets $2.82, 2 folds, Hero raises to $6, BB calls $3.18

Turn: ($14.82) 8 (2 players)
                                                      BB bets $14.82, Hero raises to $23.46 (All-In), 1 fold

Total pot: $44.46 | Rake: $2.22
                                                      Last edited by Emmet; 08-04-10, 01:28.

Comment

ugh, looking at some hands from earlier. This is a shove on the flop isn't it?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($35.53)
                                                        Button ($26.40)
                                                        SB ($20.14)
                                                        BB ($25)
                                                        UTG ($10.58)
                                                        Hero (MP) ($25.10)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 7, 6
                                                        1 fold, Hero bets $0.80, 1 fold, Button calls $0.80, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.95) 8, 10, K (2 players)
                                                        Hero bets $1.50, Button raises to $5, Hero calls $3.50

Turn: ($11.95) Q (2 players)
                                                        Hero checks, Button bets $8, Hero calls $8

River: ($27.95) 3 (2 players)
                                                        Hero checks, Button bets $12.60 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: $27.95 | Rake: $1.39

Comment

3 This is another similar spot, Turn is where my problem is.

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) ($28.90)
                                                          BB ($20)
                                                          UTG ($109.70)
                                                          MP ($19.84)
                                                          CO ($19.70)
                                                          Button ($19.44)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6, 5
                                                          1 fold, MP bets $0.60, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.50, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.40) 10, 3, 7 (2 players)
                                                          Hero checks, MP bets $0.70, Hero raises $2.62, MP calls $1.92

Turn: ($6.64) 3 (2 players)
                                                          Hero checks, MP bets $4.98, Hero calls $4.98

River: ($16.60) 2 (2 players)
                                                          Hero checks, MP bets $11.64 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: $16.60

Comment

Another spot with a draw, I've found them to be an area of my game that I'm very shaky on.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($19.65)
                                                            MP ($61.72)
                                                            Button ($5.22)
                                                            SB ($14.74)
                                                            Hero (BB) ($25.80)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6, K
                                                            1 fold, MP calls $0.10, 1 fold, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.30) A, 2, 9 (3 players)
                                                            SB bets $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, MP raises to $3.30, 1 fold, Hero calls $2.40

Turn: ($7.20) 6 (2 players)
                                                            Hero checks, MP bets $7.20, Hero folds

Total pot: $7.20 | Rake: $0.48

Comment

standard? only have very small number of hands on him, he has 3bet twice in ten chances. Cbets 100, turn Cbet 1/1

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($13.31)
                                                              Button ($15.22)
                                                              SB ($21.77)
                                                              BB ($24.95)
                                                              UTG ($12.24)
                                                              Hero (MP) ($27.03)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 10, 10
                                                              1 fold, Hero bets $0.30, 2 folds, SB raises to $1, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.10) 4, 9, 8 (2 players)
                                                              SB bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

Turn: ($5.10) 8 (2 players)
                                                              SB bets $3.60, Hero folds

Total pot: $5.10 | Rake: $0.34

Comment

Interesting month so far...

Comment

How many tables you play Bohsman?

Comment

15 usually 10 but have a prop bet to play 100k hands in April so trying 15 for the moment, Ill more than likely go back to 10 when I either move up levels or finish the bet.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                      15 usually 10 but have a prop bet to play 100k hands in April so trying 15 for the moment, Ill more than likely go back to 10 when I either move up levels or finish the bet.
                                                                      Prop bet details?

Comment

Emmet:

Hand 1: Snap fold flop.
                                                                        Hand 2: Fold flop
                                                                        Hand 3: Fold pre, c/f turn
                                                                        Hand 4: This deep flatting the 30c on the flop seems by far the best option.
                                                                        Hand 5: Fine I guess

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                          Prop bet details?
                                                                          Small enough bet, 2/1 to play 100k hands of 50NL+ in April, have never managed more than 40k.

Comment

Is this call on the turn good/bad/meh.

Folding if no 8 or diamond hits. Stacking vill if it does

UTG ($26.99)
                                                                            MP ($27.29)
                                                                            CO ($15)
                                                                            Button ($24.15)
                                                                            SB ($30.47)
                                                                            Hero (BB) ($30.15)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, 10
                                                                            1 fold, MP bets $0.85, 2 folds, SB calls $0.75, Hero raises to $1.45, MP calls $0.60, SB calls $0.60

Flop: ($4.35) J, 5, 7 (3 players)
                                                                            SB checks, Hero checks, MP checks

Turn: ($4.35) 9 (3 players)
                                                                            SB checks, Hero bets $2.75, 1 fold, SB raises to $8, Hero calls $5.25

River: ($20.35) 6 (2 players)
                                                                            SB bets $11.28, Hero raises to $20.70 (All-In), SB calls $9.42

Total pot: $61.75 | Rake: $3

Comment

I really dislike how you played preflop, flop and turn.

I have no idea what you are trying to do pre. Thats just atrocious. Just bet the flop too. I'd probably check back the turn as played, but its a better decision than your first two streets. I'd fold to the raise FWIW.

Comment

The pre squeeze is the wrong size, I have Tableninja autobetsizing my pre bets to 90% of the pot, so I just have to click bet to get it.

For some reason, it only min raised, didnt work at the time.

On the flop, I'm pretty much done with my hand as the squeeze size came out wrong, I'm happy enough to c/f the flop.

On the turn, I pick up the gutshot, and there's been no aggression shown. I figure I can make a stab at this pot, and take it down a lot, or else when I'm called, have lots of outs on the river and can c/f very easily when I miss.

When he raises, I know he's got a set, two pair or maybe an overpair. JJ and QQ seem very likely.

I know that if he's slowplayed it this far, he's going to be eager to get it in on the river.

I call the flop raise (are my implied odds not good enough for this?) and the river plays itself.

Comment

I hate squeezing this hand. Its just not a good one to do it with imo.

I don't know why you'd want to c/f this flop, but b/c a turn where you have much less equity? I get that you think he has an enormous range, but still it doesn't make much sense imo.

Comment

was c/f flop out of frustration / anger at the shit bet size tbh. Huge leak in my game that I need to iron out.

assuming vills play the same no matter what betsizes are, what is the right line here?

Comment

You dont realise you flopped the nfd do u emmet? Or do you

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                                                                                        You dont realise you flopped the nfd do u emmet? Or do you
                                                                                        yup, and have been butchering FD all week as shown in the hands above..

I need to go back and reset my thought process with FDs to be honest, I am all over the place with them.

Comment

Yeah if you're going to 3b/squeeze a suited ace and are then happy to check/fold the nut flush draw you're doing something wrong

Comment

On the flop, I'm pretty much done with my hand as the squeeze size came out wrong, I'm happy enough to c/f the flop.
                                                                                            WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                              WTF?
                                                                                              massive tilty leak

Comment

WTF?

Was literally just posting that.

Comment

I play 12 tables at once, so make a few mistakes each day. Its important that for each hand you play it as well as you can, no matter what happened before. Even if the hand started with your limping with 28o utg, or cold calling a 4bet with 95o, play it as best you can. Think about what your hand looks to your opponents. Don't make the mistake of thinking that because you made a mistake you need to check fold, or the worse mistake of feeling that you need to win the pot.

Comment

I play 12 tables at once, so make a few mistakes each day. Its important that for each hand you play it as well as you can, no matter what happened before. Even if the hand started with your limping with 28o utg, or cold calling a 4bet with 95o, play it as best you can. Think about what your hand looks to your opponents. Don't make the mistake of thinking that because you made a mistake you need to check fold, or the worse mistake of feeling that you need to win the pot.
                                                                                                    Really interested to know what type of winrates people can manage while 12 tabling 100NL and 200NL( just estimates of what you think is realistic obviously, not asking for your winrate or anything), I presume its a way better hourly than 4-6tabling due to rakeback? Also would it be more profitable to say play 4 good midstakes games at once for a better hourly? I'm pretty sure I worked it out before and came to the decision that it was better to play a bit higher and less tables for myself but maybe you think different? I suppose it really depends how good your winrate is with 12 tables.
                                                                                                    "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                                      Small enough bet, 2/1 to play 100k hands of 50NL+ in April, have never managed more than 40k.
                                                                                                      Have you thought about doing it on Rush poker, or was there a stipulation about where? Cause you'd get through 100k hands no bother 6 tabling rush games.

Comment

emmet, just to get back to the ATdd hand.
                                                                                                        Whether you decide to squeeze or 3b a hand like that can be style dependent or whatever. I like 3betting it(sometimes) in your spot there because mp can have a fairly wide range that he will just fold and if he folds and sb calls you get to play a hand ip against one player. And alot of the time you will jsut pick up the 8bbs out there or whatever - which is a great result.
                                                                                                        What hands to 3bet and what hands not to 3b is a murky area that is game/opponent(s)/situation dependent. If you 3bet ATs here you're not sure if you're doing it for value or as a bluff - its somewhere in between. The real benefit of making this play pre-flop though is that you gain the initiative int the hand. You can 1) pick up the pot pre flop. 2) Get called but pick it up post flop with a cb 3) Flop huge and flip with someone/cooler someone/get coolered for a stack. When you gain the initiative and flop the nut flush draw, one over and backdoor straight draw, the blood should be rushing to your cock. bet the flop

edit : Also obv theres

4) you get 4bet and have to fold [or make a probably suicidal 5b shove] or
                                                                                                        5) You cbet your air and get called or raised and have to fold or whatever - obv not here though where you would be happily 3b jamming over a raise with your lad in your hand.

But if you make that 3bet pre remember that when you are called the biggest advantage of making the 3bet is that you now have the initiative. Use it. ball til you fall and all that
                                                                                                        Last edited by BobSloane; 08-04-10, 19:28. Reason: 4 and 5

Comment

Nobody has said it explicitly, squeezing with AT suited is bad because its a hand that plays well multiway. You can make a straight, or more importantly a flush. Nut flushes are great because you nearly always stack worse ones. You don't really want SC in your suit to fold pre.

Comment

Originally posted by Line Us View Post
                                                                                                            Really interested to know what type of winrates people can manage while 12 tabling 100NL and 200NL( just estimates of what you think is realistic obviously, not asking for your winrate or anything), I presume its a way better hourly than 4-6tabling due to rakeback? Also would it be more profitable to say play 4 good midstakes games at once for a better hourly? I'm pretty sure I worked it out before and came to the decision that it was better to play a bit higher and less tables for myself but maybe you think different? I suppose it really depends how good your winrate is with 12 tables.
                                                                                                            My winrate 12 tabling isn't that different than my winrate 1-4 tabling. I mostly play in easy games where I'm not put under that much pressure. (If I had to battle a load of good players there is no way I could 12 table) I reckon I could eke out maybe 1 or 2 more bb/100 if I reduced it to 8 tables, mostly from not misclicking from time to time! I find anything under 8 to be excruticatingly boring. I don't make many mistakes, and the type of mistake I make rarely has anything to do with a lack of time.

I don't know what winrate is possible 12 tabling, I only know what mine is. For other players I would imagine 12 tabling magnifies their mistakes, it actually helps me to curtail my aggression.

In terms of $ per hour, I don't know if playing 4 good midstakes games would be better. During the day I never see any. If you know where I can find some let me know! What usually happens is one fish sits for a while and leaves as soon as he stacks off. The regs at 24 and above are light years better than the regs at 50 1.

Comment

Just a quick one here from the SE game last night I think its pretty standard just looking for confirmation.

Villain 1 is in early position and is a dope. takes lines that make no sense and hence has lost a few pots by being called on the river with marginal hands

Villain 2 is a decent player and he cashed for some serious funds in the side event of the IO. hes in mid position

Hero in the SB and gets dealt KhQh

blinds at 50/100

villain 1 raises to 300, villain 2 calls I call

Flop Kc 8h 8d

I check, Villain 1 bets 500, villain 2 calls, I call.

Turn Qd

I check, Villain 1 bets 1000, call, call

River 2c

I check, Villain 1 bets 1500 villain 2 calls and i think its a pretty standard spot to call here with my hand?

Reason - Villain 2 knows that Villain 1 is a donk so will be calling with any K. so im pretty sure Im good here?

Comment

I'm raising the turn there to see where I am.
                                                                                                                Last edited by Ryanzo; 09-04-10, 09:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryanzo View Post
                                                                                                                  I'm raising the turn to see where I am.
                                                                                                                  lul

I might squeeze pre BK if he is very fishy!

I would raise the river too depending on stacks

Comment

Originally posted by Ryanzo View Post
                                                                                                                    I'm raising the turn there to see where I am.
                                                                                                                    from the SE game

He says where he is in the op.

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                                                                                                                      He says where he is in the op.
                                                                                                                      Lol nice!

Comment

Ryan, what does that even mean anyway?

What information will you get when you raise thats worth raising for?

Much prefer a value raise on the river than a raise on the turn

Comment

Re value raising the river - whats calling me?

if anything villain 2 is the only one in the hand likely to have anything but i doubt he'd pay me off with KJ/K10

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X