Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I fucking hate the way C4 continuity announcers say it's @pokerstars coming up as opposed to the #EPT or the #PCA in association with @pokerstars. #grindsmygears

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
      I fucking hate the way C4 continuity announcers say it's @pokerstars coming up as opposed to the #EPT or the #PCA in association with @pokerstars. #grindsmygears
      In fairness, it was obvious your one hadn't got a clue when she announced it twice!

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
        In fairness, it was obvious your one hadn't got a clue when she announced it twice!
        happens every cunting week bro. No excuses

Comment

Please watch this. This is an ACTUAL AD FROM THE 1990'S

Liquid Slam's ad campaign for their "Big Game" line of snacks and sugary beverages was pulled almost immediately.Check out the UNCENSORED version here: https...
          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
            Please watch this. This is an ACTUAL AD FROM THE 1990'S

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Hoz2ZHYZM
            cunt

Comment

Bray is a terrible place.

Diaz and Silva both fail drug tests. Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                Bray is a terrible place.

Diaz and Silva both fail drug tests. Ugh.
                Diaz testes positive for weed.
                Stoned and lasted 5 rounds against a juiced Silva
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Cant think what to say with release of video from 3rd Jan 2015.

I can only despair at what has happened, is happening and going to happen.

Jordan has vowed to avenge the killing of its air force pilot Moaz al-Kasasbeh by Islamic State (IS) militants.

This comes after an IS video appeared to show him being burned alive. Jordan confirmed the death, although the video's authenticity is being checked.
                  link is NSFW , not video but still shocking

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                            Booked 5 nights in this 5-star hotel near Faro for three of us for a total of €300 for three including breakfast over Paddy's Day week. Ridiculously good reviews. Clearly some catch, but can't work out what it is.
                            Maybe conveniently near the airport means non stop planes over your head.

Booked holiday and festival tickets myself this week, great feeling.
                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                              If they sent Averil Power to elocution classes she could be our Thatcher.
                              She would end up going to electrocution classes.
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Also in the 'let the good times roll' stakes.

€4bn raised at 2.1% for 30 years. Jaysus, the poor pension funds that bought that.
                                I wouldn't shed too many tears, presumably they'll be offloading them to the ecb for a quick profit in a few weeks!

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                LOL
                                When they can only drag out the intellectual midget Ian O'Doherty to defend the pro below cost alcohol position they have really given up any hope of actually defending the indefensible.
                                Is this not just protection for vintners? Alcohol consumption peaked thirteen years ago.

Comment

In her new movie J-Lo gets a present of a first edition copy of the Iliad

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                    In terms of blood stocks I would say the removal of the ban on people who lived in the uk due to cjd risks would be a big step forward as well.
                                    On this, and the 'gay blood ban'.

Surely, surely, surely, none of us are qualified or informed enough to actively seek reductions in the limits required to donate blood? If and when the risk limits change, they should be changed by science and evidence and not by politics.

If there were reams of literature available saying "gay blood" = "straight blood" and the rule wasn't changed, then perhaps we can look to legislators and politics to force the hand, but the boolean answer to "Have you ever had anal sex with a man?" is effective, is it not?

Comment

Had a dream last night I was on a plane that crashed shortly after take off.

Such a waste of a weird coincidence.
                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

Surely, surely, surely, none of us are qualified or informed enough to actively seek reductions in the limits required to donate blood? If and when the risk limits change, they should be changed by science and evidence and not by politics.

If there were reams of literature available saying "gay blood" = "straight blood" and the rule wasn't changed, then perhaps we can look to legislators and politics to force the hand, but the boolean answer to "Have you ever had anal sex with a man?" is effective, is it not?
                                        But why is it just man on man though. Why not man having anal sex with a woman?
                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                            Ask science, I don't know the answer off hand (and can't really be googling it in work!). But I believe it's not a "gay" thing, it's a "risky sex" thing. So therefore the question shouldn't be (don't think it is either) "Are you a Gayer?", as many gay men and plenty of gay women have never had anal sex with a man.

Comment

Comment

Also conservative long-term growth of 3% - easy enough given demographics, plus less than 2% interest rates...

With the planned primary budget surplus, assuming SF don't get into power, we're probably head for net debt of 60-70% in a decade, from 90% now
                                                "Man trusts politicians to do right thing in country dominated by screaming me-feiners."

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                  If it was as simple as that the question would be have you had unprotected sex with anyone in the last x months. But it is much more nuanced so the question has to be much more along the lines of have you engaged in any high risk behaviour that would put you at risk of hiv.

I thought that nowadays all the blood coming through was thoroughly tested and known to be hiv and hep free so I'm wondering why this is an issue at all
                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

If it was as simple as that the question would be have you had unprotected sex with anyone in the last x months. But it is much more nuanced so the question has to be much more along the lines of have you engaged in any high risk behaviour that would put you at risk of hiv.

I thought that nowadays all the blood coming through was thoroughly tested and known to be hiv and hep free so I'm wondering why this is an issue at all
                                                    All blood is tested, however some donators are ruled out instantly as the value of them is less than the cost. (i.e, the amount of passes of people in that grouping in previous cases is too low to warrant proceeding in this case)

A friend tried to donate blood when we lived in Scotland. He was refused because he had slept with a South African in the previous year (plain vanilla protected sex). These rules aren't just spurious "anti-gay" things. They're anti-risk.

Comment

All testing is to a level of probability too... blood testing that may be 99.9% accurate can be complemented with other "tests"... like "have you had risky sex?" to improve the accuracy of the overall screening by an order of magnitude, I'd expect.

Comment

Comment

Is it possible to store your own blood for future use or is that something that's only ever done before a surgery?

Comment

Also in the 'let the good times roll' stakes.

€4bn raised at 2.1% for 30 years. Jaysus, the poor pension funds that bought that.
                                                            With a giveaway fund for the next few budgets being built up is 4/6 Enda to be Taoiseach after next general election generous ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                              Capable really what he has he done list hs acheivements?
                                                              Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                              Yeah, I can't think of any either.
                                                              You might remember a year ago I emailed then MOH James Reilly asking why NRT products (Nicorette, Nicquitin etc) were pharmacy only in the ROI whilst they could be sold in Tescos/Sainsburys/garages up north. Which had led to prices in the south being over double the north, and also availability being worse because of chemists short opening hours.
                                                              Never did get a reply other than the initial 'will get back to you' so when the year was up I resent to Leo last week. Got a reply yesterday to say such products will be available in ordinary retail outlets within weeks.

(Maybe not completely his doing as possibly set in train under previous regime).

Comment

Is it possible to store your own blood for future use or is that something that's only ever done before a surgery?
                                                                Some private companies do this, dunno about there being one in Ireland. Can store it for like 20 years frozen.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

There was never any proper evidence that cjd was infectious through blood transfusion tho.

The uk is not over run by cjd deaths that I know of but have heard of 2 in Ireland in the last few years both of which were people who lived in Ireland and were eligible to be blood donors. They may have been canabals I guess.

It was a pure knee jerk reaction to allow us to protect the beef industry and hold it up as clean. We have all heard of cattle being swapped with northern cows or burnt.

The medical proof was not there to introduce the ban it was politics so perhaps politics should lift it also with a small amount of medical proof

Comment

Thinking hypothetically:

Last year we paid €7.5 billion interest on €214bn debt.

If we refinanced over next few years at less than 2% (with the 30-year debt being vastly more expensive than shorter term debt, so blended average would be lower), then we're looking at an interest bill of less than €4bn.

€3.5bn annual savings.
                                                                    Next gov is going to be on the gravy train of vote winning...
                                                                    Recovery at last.

I was beginning to worry how long more our poor public servants would have to wait before 'getting back' some of the money that was so cruelly taken from them to pay for their own gilt-edged pensions balance the books after the disaster caused by those unappreciative fe*kers in the private sector. Etc etc.

Ballpark, 0% used to reduce debt, 1% to go towards the ten-times-already-announced job creation initiatives and 99% spent on keeping the insiders happy.

Comment

You could probably do a DIY Job on this yourself by nicking a vein and investing in some high quality Zip Lock bags.

Comment

Fuck off manflu, you horrible twat. First dose of it I've had for months and I don't appreciate it.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                            Fuck off manflu, you horrible twat. First dose of it I've had for months and I don't appreciate it.
                                                                            Try gout
                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Why does 3 censor internet browsing? And why censor so many benign pages?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                Try gout
                                                                                No thanks. I like to keep my extremities as acid free as possible.

Comment

Why does 3 censor internet browsing? And why censor so many benign pages?
                                                                                  I think you can opt out if you phone them up and demand your basic human right to have a wank in the jacks at work.
                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Why is there a ban on donating if you had a transfusion in the past ? Surely the blood you received was good in the first instance ?

edit: Heres why seemingly.

People who have received blood since 1980 belong to a large group that together has a potentially slightly higher risk of exposure to vCJD than the general population. Variant CJD (vCJD) is a rare, degenerative, fatal brain disorder in humans. So you may be a carrier of this

Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD) is a form of brain damage that leads to a rapid decrease of mental function and movement.The disease is at times called a human form of Mad Cow disease given the fact that Bovine spongiform encephalopathy is the cause of variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease in humans. It is the most common among the types of transmissible spongiform encephalopathy found in humans. This means that the brain develops holes and takes on a sponge-like texture.The disease is always fatal. There is no cure, and all treatments are experimental.

vCJD can be transmitted by blood transfusions. There is no test to determine if a blood donor is infected while in the latent phase of vCJD, so that's why they do not permit previous blood donors to donate.
                                                                                    Last edited by oleras; 04-02-15, 12:03.
                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                      I think you can opt out if you phone them up and demand your basic human right to have a wank in the jacks at work.
                                                                                      I think the reps on boards will do it as well.

Comment

I'm not allowed to donate blood because I lived in the UK pre 1996 (when I was 6). If they need blood as badly as they say, why don't they take my blood, test it, and if its OK, use it?

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                          I'm not allowed to donate blood because I lived in the UK pre 1996 (when I was 6). If they need blood as badly as they say, why don't they take my blood, test it, and if its OK, use it?
                                                                                          Usually it means the tests aren't reliable enough and/or it's not economical to perform them.
                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

So apparently McIroy offered Horizon 8-9m to fuck off pre-Xmas.

My views have now moderated towards 'fuck the lot of them'.

Comment

I've a rental car out at the moment while my own is in the garage, if I drop it back early can I save on being charged for the extra days or will they sting me regardless? Both cars are grey and dreary.

Comment

Anyone have any accommodation recommendations in Tenerife ? I like quiet, lots of pool space, 10min walk to "things", I am going in March so A/C isnt a must have. Apartment or all inclusive, im easy either way.
                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Girl bums are different to boy bums. Pretty obvious.
                                                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Would people leave cleaners alone in your home while you go run some errands for an hour or so?
                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                      Would people leave cleaners alone in your home while you go run some errants for an hour or so?
                                                                                                      Regular cleaner - yes, without worry.
                                                                                                      New person filling in or different person each time - yes, after safekeeping any small valuables and money!

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

*fingers crossed*

Oh thats painful (apparently). The disease of kings, but clearly really grumpy kings. Isn't that non-cureable essentially - apart from not eating red meat / red wine in order to alleviate the symptoms?
                                                                                                            It runs in the family so obviously some royal blood somewhere.
                                                                                                            Would have happily cut my foot off last night

Comment

Read it was north of $20 million settlement against McIlroy, which is basically what Horizon said they were due. That is almost a third of his net worth according to these guys.
                                                                                                              Rory McIlroy is a Northern Ireland-born professional golfer who has a net worth of $65 million dollars

Prob take about 2 years to get that back?

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                                                  Prob take about 2 years to get that back?
                                                                                                                  6 months, at a conservative guess.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                                                    6 months, at a conservative guess.
                                                                                                                    Is he really pulling down 40M a year

Comment

Wasn't woods earning over 100m a year at his peak and still 60/70m now. I'd say Rory is comfortably over the 40m mark

Comment

His Nike contract is $250m for 10 years. Id guess he's making $60-70m a year all in. Certainly over $50m anyway.

Comment

Anyone been to croatia, going for a look with a few lads any recommendations?
                                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X