This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
    BREAKING: Harry Redknapp has been linked with the vacant QPR job. Raping the next manager markets again
    FYP IMO
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

@Finkle. I'm gonna take herself for a weekend to whatever backward town you live in, nick all your poxy light bulbs, video it and post it here.

Then we'll be even. GG

Comment

WW fairly kills the BBV when its running doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
          WW fairly kills the BBV when its running doesn't it?
          Why didn't ya jump in? Plenty of twists in this game. Very enjoyable

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
            Why didn't ya jump in? Plenty of twists in this game. Very enjoyable
            I am the nut worst WW player.
            Can't commit to giving it the time either.

Comment

Sure Finkel hasn't a clue either and he ploughs on.

Comment

It doesn't take up that much time. Just a skim through every now and then to keep on top of it. I'll sign you up for WW45. Good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                  @Finkle. I'm gonna take herself for a weekend to whatever backward town you live in, nick all your poxy light bulbs, video it and post it here.

Then we'll be even. GG
                  What's he done now?

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                    What's he done now?
                    Ah nothing. Just banter. Seriously considering the video for the real life trolling and lolz

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      The more I read about this McIlroy court case, the more stupid it appears. Balance of probabilities strikes me that the majority of the wrongdoung is on McIlroy's side too.

Judge should lock both sides up until they settle. Kayroo?
                      It's gonna settle in about 10 minutes apparently.

Legally it's a mess but both sides have merit to them. Saw him in the halls today before I remembered the case started today and had a ridiculous double take. Situation not helped by the fact that this week is the Bar Council Transition Year Programme week so the place is absolutely crawling with kids, none of whom know it's a criminal offence to take a photograph within the confines of the Four Courts complex and all of whom have camera phones.

Hilarity for me watching colleagues who are minding these kids desperately trying to prevent the kids taking pictures. Made the morning skip by.
                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

McIlroy's argument seems to be "I didn't know what I was signing"and "my contract wasn't as good as McDowell's".
                        "I didn't know what I was signing" = unconscionable bargain, undue influence and lack of intention to create legal relations

"my contract wasn't as good as McDowell's" = misrepresentation

All good reasons to void a contract

Comment

Keep the ww talk outta the bbv lads.
                          Don't want to wield the banhammer today
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                            Sup everyone? What did I miss
                            Where the hell have you been? We were starting to feel like a woman who had supported her boyfriend financially throughout med school only to be insta dumped by him on graduation.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                              It's gonna settle in about 10 minutes apparently
                              Couldn't do it by 4 so they're gonna try overnight. Tomorrow it'll either settle or it'll be down from an 8 week trial to 2 weeks.

Comment

Have to interview someone today for a job with the company I'm working for here in Canada...

Should be interesting.

Any bbv recommendations for making him/her sweat?
                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                  If overweight/unfit looking - 60 press ups.

Otherwise - Do the interview while running a 5k.

Comment

Couldn't do it by 4 so they're gonna try overnight. Tomorrow it'll either settle or it'll be down from an 8 week trial to 2 weeks.
                                    McIlroy pays them off (I hope) and they all go on their merry ways?
                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

"I didn't know what I was signing" = unconscionable bargain, undue influence and lack of intention to create legal relations

"my contract wasn't as good as McDowell's" = misrepresentation

All good reasons to void a contract
                                      Ah heyor. Did the poor little multi-millionaire not know what he was signing? Diddums.

Comment

McIlroy pays them off (I hope) and they all go on their merry ways?
                                        No idea. Probably though.

Ah heyor. Did the poor little multi-millionaire not know what he was signing? Diddums.
                                        22 year old given a contract by a friend at a Xmas party and asked to sign it. In fairness...

Comment

22 year old given a contract by a friend at a Xmas party and asked to sign it. In fairness...
                                          He didn't have to sign it. (Did he sign on the spot?)

meh, little sympathy. He afford to hire crack legal eagles for this episode so surely he could\should have got the same lads to read over the contract before signing. Lesson learnt imo.

Comment

Yeah fuck him
                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                              Have to interview someone today for a job with the company I'm working for here in Canada...

Should be interesting.

Whenever he answers a question no matter how small look him in the eye and go I see. Proceed to write for at least a minute a if he interrupts just look at him and say indeed and cross what you wrote out and start writing again.

Won't really be an interview so much as you making someone uncomfortable for 30 mins tho. Obv you won't be able to hire them afterwards cause they will think your mental

Comment

Harper Lee to publish sequel to kill a mocking bird. Hmmmm

Comment

He didn't have to sign it. (Did he sign on the spot?)

meh, little sympathy. He afford to hire crack legal eagles for this episode so surely he could\should have got the same lads to read over the contract before signing. Lesson learnt imo.
                                                  The guy left school at 16 and has lived in a bubble ever since. Is he a hugely well paid sports star who is set up for life? Yes. Does that make him more vulnerable to making stupid decisions at 22 (not a renowned age of wisdom at the best of times), yes.

Comment

The guy left school at 16 and has lived in a bubble ever since. Is he a hugely well paid sports star who is set up for life? Yes. Does that make him more vulnerable to making stupid decisions at 22 (not a renowned age of wisdom at the best of times), yes.
                                                    My client, Herr Himmler, was clearly under the influence of a bigger boy.

Comment

What are the thoughts on Varadkar, he seems quite capable to me. I know he said he doesn't see himself in politics in 10 years but it would be a shame to lose him imo.

Comment

....they even made the wee gom sign a $250m, 10-year sponsorship deal. For shame.
                                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                          It was written almost 60 years ago and never published, you would have to assume it's not going to be another masterpiece.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                            What are the thoughts on Varadkar, he seems quite capable to me. I know he said he doesn't see himself in politics in 10 years but it would be a shame to lose him imo.
                                                            He displays two incredibly rare attributes for a politician: A data-driven approach and an insistence on pragmatism. He's great.
                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

He displays two incredibly rare attributes for a politician: A data-driven approach and an insistence on pragmatism. He's great.

Comment

I was certain he would be taoiseach before he announced he was gay. Cant see it now. He is the most capable politician in living memory.
                                                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                  I was certain he would be taoiseach before he announced he was gay. Cant see it now. He is the most capable politician in living memory.
                                                                  Capable really what he has he done list hs acheivements?

Comment

Yeah, I can't think of any either.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                      Ok hes a medical doctor hes young i mean politically.
                                                                      Health is a disaster of a ministry anyways.

Comment

Saw McIlroy in the Four Courts, completely unrelated to the merits of his case but I never realised he was so short. The benches of sport journalists couldn't have looked more out of their depth in Court 1.
                                                                        The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                          He's certainly cut from a different cloth than your usual cute hoor politician, he's black and white, answers questions honestly, is never thinking of the next ballot box, that's what we want. That's what we need.

Give his achievements time.
                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                            He's certainly cut from a different cloth than your usual cute hoor politician, he's black and white, answers questions honestly, is never thinking of the next ballot box, that's what we want. That's what we need.

Ya that or Albert Reynold's son...cos you know he's Alberts young fellow

BTW, check your pms if you have a sec. Cheers.

Comment

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                                                It was written almost 60 years ago and never published, you would have to assume it's not going to be another masterpiece.
                                                                                Unless Truman Capote spent more time working on it than she did as has been alleged to be the reason that To Kill a Mockingbird worked out so well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                  Capable really what he has he done list hs acheivements?
                                                                                  Scrapping Airport tax and the gathering are 2 from memory. I am sure he did more. Kenny threw him a hospital pass with Health. Health is basically unsolvable without complete systematic reform of the HSE and cooperation of all parties involved which wont happen anytime soon.
                                                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Just started watching Fortitude, Detective Lund from Forbrydelsen is in it I see. She better wear a wooly jumper.

Comment

Inside the commons on bbc2. V good

Comment

LOL
                                                                                        When they can only drag out the intellectual midget Ian O'Doherty to defend the pro below cost alcohol position they have really given up any hope of actually defending the indefensible.

Comment

Is the 'Not a another penny' stuff totally forgiven? I know nothing about politics but that's what sticks in my mind about LV.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                            Is the 'Not a another penny' stuff totally forgiven? I know nothing about politics but that's what sticks in my mind about LV.
                                                                                            Think that comes under the Pat Rabbitte 'That's what you say during an election campaign' get out clause.
                                                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Scrapping Airport tax and the gathering are 2 from memory. I am sure he did more. Kenny threw him a hospital pass with Health. Health is basically unsolvable without complete systematic reform of the HSE and cooperation of all parties involved which wont happen anytime soon.
                                                                                              You would need an Irish Thatcher to break the grip of the unions and even then, it would be a 10-20 year project. The best you can hope for in Health is no major fuckups on your watch.

Comment

Selma not getting much critical love but I thought it was good, bar being massively harsh on poor ol' LBJ.

Comment

This time 20 years ago I was in severe pain

ffs where do the yrs go!
                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                    LOL
                                                                                                    When they can only drag out the intellectual midget Ian O'Doherty to defend the pro below cost alcohol position they have really given up any hope of actually defending the indefensible.
                                                                                                    A midget parasite as it were?

Comment

A midget parasite as it were?
                                                                                                      fuck thought u quoted my post there for a second lol!!!!
                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

You would need an Irish Thatcher to break the grip of the unions and even then, it would be a 10-20 year project. The best you can hope for in Health is no major fuckups on your watch.
                                                                                                        I'd expect him to focus on a couple of smaller changes that he can actually make. Top of my list would be prescription drugs being priced somewhere in the ballpark of Spain etc.

Also hope he alters the blood transfusion thingy. I vaguely remember trying to kick up a stink about it about 23 years ago, but gave up on it as the Hepatitis/ anti-D scandal broke.
                                                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

If they sent Averil Power to elocution classes she could be our Thatcher.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                            ....they even made the wee gom sign a $250m, 10-year sponsorship deal. For shame.
                                                                                                            Yeah, I mean, who would actually milk a cash cow?

Once they were so good to in no way take advantage of a young sports phenom by using his mentor-like relationship with another player to get him to sign with them of course they had no vested interest in securing him the largest commercial contract possible. They were just being good guys!

(Isn't using reductive and silly sarcasm as a substitute for logic and good argument fun???)

Comment

I went to American Sniper yesterday and thought it was amazing.

Comment

If they sent Averil Power to elocution classes she could be our Thatcher.
                                                                                                                One of the most impressive things I've heard in years of listening to Irish politocos was in an non party political interview she was doing on the radio last week when she spoke about being in the Seanad as being 'At work'!

What on earth is she doing in Fianna Fail

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                  I went to American Sniper yesterday and thought it was amazing.
                                                                                                                  Clint Eastwood films often have that effect but it always wears off quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                                    I'd expect him to focus on a couple of smaller changes that he can actually make. Top of my list would be prescription drugs being priced somewhere in the ballpark of Spain etc.

Also hope he alters the blood transfusion thingy. I vaguely remember trying to kick up a stink about it about 23 years ago, but gave up on it as the Hepatitis/ anti-D scandal broke.
                                                                                                                    In terms of blood stocks I would say the removal of the ban on people who lived in the uk due to cjd risks would be a big step forward as well.

His next big plan is to get gps back on side - their collective agreement is running to a close and if we want any irish gps it will have to be an improvement. Next afterwards is adding incentives for specialised training in the country hospitals.

I can only speak about sligo - on of the more sought after posts outside Dublin, cork and Galway but there are plenty of u filled Reg posts and no spr's in the hospital at all. I can only imagine who runs the wards in the Midlands - porters and interns I guess.

Comment

Shorthall on vinb. Interested to hear her opinion on Varadkar as she must have hated Reilly.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                        Clint Eastwood films often have that effect but it always wears off quickly.

Last edited by Mellor; 03-02-15, 23:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Think he's just better at it tbh. He's not thinking of the ballot box when he speaks; he's outmanoeuvring Coveney and Kenny.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X